Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E17: Power of Veto 5

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Seriously, I'm hard pressed to remember the last time she got a DR. Anybody?

I said the exact same thing last night, I truly don't remember her ever having a DR, although, there probably was at least one that I can't recall. My husband is just mesmerized by her beauty. He'd probably know if she'd had a DR!

This show is so strange, it has me bouncing around from most-hated to favorite. Watching and changing favorites on here is like watching a tennis match, because it happens fast & frequently. Tiffany went from me not liking her because of the Vanessa connection - I know - to me wanting her to save herself to get out Frank, to me actually liking her and wanting her back in during the BattleBack challenge, to team up with Frank & run the house. Paulie is the exact opposite, loved him, now hate him. I couldn't tolerate Frank in his first go-around, & to this day, I still think Dan's funeral was one of the best moments in TV history. I was so happy when Frank got voted out in his original season. When he came back this season, I was repulsed, and then he fueled it by the butt-smacking, slut-shame-talking (in no way am I insuinating any of the BB women are "sluts", I just remember the conversation where he called Da a slut or something like that, and she said "only on Tuesday" - gross on both of their parts), and I was 100% Team Da & wanted Frank gone. Then, after Tiffany got saved and everyone who had just saved her treated her like gum on the sidewalk, and she teamed-up with Frank & Bridgette, I came around to tolerating Frank. This week, with them being on the bottom of the house and the block, and most likely Frank on the way out, I find myself wanting a twist to emerge that saves both of them, when 2 weeks ago, I wanted both the house-flatulater & his Cabbage Patch doll gone immediately. I've never seen a season where my opinion of so many houseguests changes so rapidly.

• Love 6

Paul's hysterics did work and kept himself off the block, at least in the short run (at the expense of long term damage). 

Michelle was contemplating using that veto on Frank, so the house could evict Bridgette and she'd have Frank all to herself again.

Wonder if the women's attraction to Frank and James (not the best looking guys) is based on their social power within the house?  Maybe even Corey feels protected by vet Nicole (who says she couldn't get a hot guy like that in real life).

Strange dynamics in the vacuum of the BB house.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sharkfan said:
3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Worst British accent EVER. One hundred per cent.

Worst British accent EVER. One hundred per cent.

I still think Keanu Reeves in Dracula takes the cake for that worst British accent ever but Otev comes pretty close. 

They usually have someone "famous" doing the voice.  Did anyone find out who did Otev's voice this year?

1 minute ago, BK1978 said:

I still think Keanu Reeves in Dracula takes the cake for that worst British accent ever but Otev comes pretty close. 

They usually have someone "famous" doing the voice.  Did anyone find out who did Otev's voice this year?

It sounded like someone doing a terrible impersonation of that utter ballbag James Kennedy from Vanderpump Rules. I realise I am stretching "famous" to its outer limits by mentioning his name, of course.

I'll see your Keanu Reeves and raise you an Anthony LaPaglia as Daphne's brother in Frasier.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

I said the exact same thing last night, I truly don't remember her ever having a DR, although, there probably was at least one that I can't recall. My husband is just mesmerized by her beauty. He'd probably know if she'd had a DR!

This show is so strange, it has me bouncing around from most-hated to favorite. Watching and changing favorites on here is like watching a tennis match, because it happens fast & frequently. Tiffany went from me not liking her because of the Vanessa connection - I know - to me wanting her to save herself to get out Frank, to me actually liking her and wanting her back in during the BattleBack challenge, to team up with Frank & run the house. Paulie is the exact opposite, loved him, now hate him. I couldn't tolerate Frank in his first go-around, & to this day, I still think Dan's funeral was one of the best moments in TV history. I was so happy when Frank got voted out in his original season. When he came back this season, I was repulsed, and then he fueled it by the butt-smacking, slut-shame-talking (in no way am I insuinating any of the BB women are "sluts", I just remember the conversation where he called Da a slut or something like that, and she said "only on Tuesday" - gross on both of their parts), and I was 100% Team Da & wanted Frank gone. Then, after Tiffany got saved and everyone who had just saved her treated her like gum on the sidewalk, and she teamed-up with Frank & Bridgette, I came around to tolerating Frank. This week, with them being on the bottom of the house and the block, and most likely Frank on the way out, I find myself wanting a twist to emerge that saves both of them, when 2 weeks ago, I wanted both the house-flatulater & his Cabbage Patch doll gone immediately. I've never seen a season where my opinion of so many houseguests changes so rapidly.

This is me too. Loved Da' at the beginning and thought she had changed from last year...but now I cannot stand her and wish the HGs would see her stirring all the pots. Hated Frank with his obnoxious behavior but now I like him and see his gameplay and would love him to stick around. Hated Paul when he was bro'd up with Josea and Victor...but then started to like him when he was laying low and baking but now I hate him again. His ego is too big. As is Paulie's...and I liked him, Paulie, ALOT at first but now he thinks he's running the show and he looks so dumb with his Paul twinsie thing. I thought I'd like Michelle but she is a mean girl. Was in love with James from last year but then he went back on his word this week (just like last year) so two strikes is enough and he's kinda out for me now. I didn't like Natalie, thought she was a ditz and was playing James but now I think she's a sweetie. Nicole, I like her then hate her then like her then hate her...wish she would just not open her mouth as that voice is so annoying. Which brings me to Bridgette with her little girl annoying voice. I hated her but now am rooting for her to win HoH and shake things up. She should put up Paulie and James to break up one showmance...their girls likely can't win the PoV (where Nicole might). And if one of them does win PoV and take their guy off, she can replace them with the other guy's girl. That's what I'd do.

• Love 5

I'm not a feed watcher and our Comcast doesn't carry After Dark... but I am going to conclude that today is going to be declared 'Backwards Day' so when Frank and Bridge are the only ones safe and they have to vote somebody else out! This way the announcer was right saying "Frank AND Bridge" would be saved AND it will also instantly remove someone from "That Side of the House" and give Frank a chance to play deep into the game. It will come by way of a big red ? button in the secret room they lead him towards.

Most HGs just don't seem to trust Frank anymore.  Even if he is given a magical reprieve tonight, then he would be an even bigger target until evicted. Might be best for TPTB to let the inevitable happen with Frank tonight. 

On 7/28/2016 at 11:56 AM, Brian Cronin said:

LaPaglia is Australian, so I presumed he was using his natural accent on Frasier. 

Which would have worked but for the fact that Daphne's family was from Manchester, not Australia.