Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Mammas' Boys

(edited)
13 minutes ago, ShowPolish said:

Gio gives me sociopath vibes... I feel bad about whoever is matched with him

I so agree!!!  Creepy!

And, Francesca, what the heck are you thinking? Have some self esteem, girl. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 4

Gio is a ticking time bomb. I wonder which one of the those girls are his match. Francesca and Camille both seem to lack self-esteem. Though Francesca will take affection from anyone while Camille is working hard to get Asaf's affections. Neither of them are getting very far because Asaf's heart changes by the minute. He doesn't know what he wants. 

These people are so stupid. They're coming in the house and they're doing the exact thing they've always done - of course they keep getting stuck on 4 beams. The two successful couples were successful because they reminded themselves of what they were looking for in a partner and they focused on building a relationship based on those values. 

• Love 1

I feel so badly for the girls...the males they have to choose from are absolutely terrible.  Gio definitely seems like he could be dangerous.  Narcissism and self delusion on that level rarely amount to anything good. 

I'm pretty confused now, because I thought a lot of the locked-in pairs on this episode seemed like they could be right.  Are they not allowed pens and paper in that house?  It seems like mathematically you could figure out who to match up based on the information they have so far.  And it seems like it would be more fair to give them a chance to think it through instead of "follow their hearts", because so few of these people are having any real connections with each other.  If by week six you don't have more people pairing off just based on feelings and nothing else, then the chemistry just isn't there.

It took 6 weeks for Emma to show that there is a fun side to her personality?  Ouch. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe Emma is Gio's match...both kinda creepy and dark. Looks like, based on previews, John is kissing what's her name next episode (Nicole??).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

I feel so badly for the girls...the males they have to choose from are absolutely terrible.  Gio definitely seems like he could be dangerous.  Narcissism and self delusion on that level rarely amount to anything good. 

I'm pretty confused now, because I thought a lot of the locked-in pairs on this episode seemed like they could be right.  Are they not allowed pens and paper in that house?  It seems like mathematically you could figure out who to match up based on the information they have so far.  And it seems like it would be more fair to give them a chance to think it through instead of "follow their hearts", because so few of these people are having any real connections with each other.  If by week six you don't have more people pairing off just based on feelings and nothing else, then the chemistry just isn't there.

It took 6 weeks for Emma to show that there is a fun side to her personality?  Ouch. 

I was wondering about the pens and paper too. On a previous season they used the red cups to figure it out. It's like a giant logic puzzle. I think the reason they added the black out rule the past seasons is so that they can't pair up strategically to eliminate matches. Getting a blackout now means a loss of money, but it helps tremendously in narrowing down the matches.

• Love 2

Gio is a nut. I don't understand his whole tirade about putting himself first, and how he's there for his match. Doesn't he realize that even in the (highly unlikely) case that Julia is his match, she wants nothing to do with him, so they would be a match in name only. She couldn't get away from him fast enough when he cornered her. I'm glad that she laid it out clearly for him during the match ceremony, but he still didn't seem to get the hint. So sad.

The weirdest part is that I do think that Kaylen is still hung up on him, which is why she went off on Francesca. While I do think Francesca lacks self-esteem and self-awareness, I'm not sure that Kaylen was justified in going after her like that, when the person she was actually mad at was Gio.

Also, I'm glad Cam cleared things up with Victoria, and he wasn't deliberately giving her the cold shoulder after hooking up. I think they make a cute couple. And SAM AND ALYSSA! Those two are so adorable together, love them!

I have no idea what Asaf is doing right now -- he wants Francesca, he wants Tori, then he wants Francesca, then Camille, now back to Francesca? He needs to make up his mind and try to actually develop some depth in those relationships instead of bouncing around.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mamarazzi said:

I was wondering about the pens and paper too. On a previous season they used the red cups to figure it out. It's like a giant logic puzzle. I think the reason they added the black out rule the past seasons is so that they can't pair up strategically to eliminate matches. Getting a blackout now means a loss of money, but it helps tremendously in narrowing down the matches.

I've heard conflicting points on the pen and paper things. Someone here tried to tell me otherwise but actual cast members on the show have said they aren't allowed to write things down. Don't know if that rule has changed or not.

I don't think they're allowed pen & paper…or at least it was banned after the first season.  IIRC, one of the cast said they tried using m&m's or skittles.  The red solo cups are a definite possibility.

Kaylen is straight up jealous.  But she's so focused on being pissed at Gio, she isn't trying to figure out another possible match.

I think Asaf joined the show to get laid as much as possible with as many partners as possible, and isn't happy the women aren't falling in line the way he wanted.  I think Camille just wants the money and knows she doesn't want anything with As-Long-As-She-Has-A-Pulse!Asaf.

• Love 1

The pens and paper were banned either after the first or second season.  I am firmly in the camp that the producers helped them out last season because they were so terrible and hopeless at this game.

Asaf really floats between being a good guy and a dog doesn't he?  

I am loving Tori and the fact that she realizes that it's a logic puzzle and "playing with your heart" ultimately doesn't matter.  

• Love 1

Sam and Alyssa...yay!  Gio is creepy. Yikes. What the hell happened there? 

I am liking Morgan and Tori.  They seem like a match to me. 

It was nice to see John chill and happy. 

Did Gio really just toss the condom on the floor. Ewww.

• Love 2

I just realized that of the 6 weeks, they wasted 3 of their truth booth selections. In fairness, the first week should technically get a pass because they don't really have much to go by. But in week 2 and 4, they send two couples to the truth booth who weren't even matched up at the ceremony! They acted on feelings of the week rather than use the truth booth to deduce who the perfect matches could have been.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really liked Sam/Alyssa but then I saw this deleted scene and that went to hell. Poor Alyssa!

While I will agree this is something they have to work on I think the author of that article was over reacting a little bit.  I've known many, many couples who differ in political views (my husband and I for example) so as long as they respect each others opinions and at the very least try to see the other person's side of it then it could work out. 

• Love 1

I meant to say earlier that I, too, already disliked Asaf after seeing him on So You Think You Can Dance.  The guy really is just a straight up ass.  I watched all but two seasons of that show, and he was the first and only person I'd ever seen to make it all the way to the Top 20, and then whine and cop out on his partner because the routine "wasn't his preferred style" or  "he couldn't learn that choreography, so he decided to just do his own thing".  I believe it was 2 weeks in a row that the choreographers had to change their segment to work around his refusal to just work harder and learn things outside of his comfort zone, before the judges finally canned his ungrateful, unworthy ass.  It was unheard of for someone to get that far and behave the way that he did on a show full of bright, professional, dedicated, hardworking, talented people, and I think if it weren't for Gio on this show, Asaf would be the standout douchebag of the season once again.  I don't know if he has some kind of hideous personality disorder like Gio clearly does, or if it's a cultural thing, but Asaf is very entitled without bringing much to the table himself, only he THINKS he brings everything to the table.  Half the time I have no idea what he's trying to say, and I don't even think it's a language barrier as much as I think he's not actually very smart at all, and just speaks nonsense when he's put on the spot for his BS.  His personality completely negates his good looks for me, I just see a babbling fool on the screen.

One thing on this show that always startles me a little is how open everyone is about telling the host and the crowd who they had sex with.  I'm older than the target demographic here, by a lot, so maybe I am just out of touch with the kids of today, but when I was their age no one I knew was making it so obvious when they were going to go bang someone, or after they banged, nor did they announce it to everyone like it's official public business.  Yes, friends knew, and other people could speculate and often figure out who was banging who, but it wasn't just people walking out of a room at a party and stating, "WE JUST HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE" while still buttoning our drawers up.  We didn't meet up as a group for dinner and drinks, tap a glass for quiet, and require everyone to go around the table announcing who we most recently slept with.  We left some mystery, at least - maybe we banged, maybe we just fooled around, maybe it's not anyone else's business.  It's a very different sexual world, I guess, and I'm glad I'm not in my early 20's right now if this is what it's like to be single and sexually active.

• Love 1

I'm at least a few years older than these kids, but to be fair to people in their early 20s, I think if you're the type of person to appear on a show like this, then you're not going to be as private and bashful about who you've banged, regardless of age. Mostly because you can't get away with it anyway. I don't think shame exists within people who go on such reality shows and give up their privacy. 

• Love 2