Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Blowfish Lips and Crab Claw Bits

Dr. Nassif helps a woman with blowfish lips; Dr. Dubrow takes on a difficult case of crab claw breasts; and a male model travels all the way from Prague in pursuit of perfection.

I'm glad they helped the woman who thought she'd had "sheep fat" injected into her lips, especially since her son was starting to be self conscious about her appearance. But when she talked about looking like all the other moms, someone should tell her she's a white woman with platinum tiny braids. But she does look better without whatever that stuff injected into her lips was.

Who are these people who let someone inject them with unknown stuff? Some of them seem like they've gone on to make ok decisions in life, but others probably shouldn't be allowed to make big decisions themselves.

• Love 7

I was under the impression that it was very difficult to get good results on lip reductions, but those looked normal again. I mean, I assume she had a very thin upper lip to start with ...

But when she talked about looking like all the other moms, someone should tell her she's a white woman with platinum tiny braids. 

OMG....that drove me nuts.  She talked about not being able to walk to the corner store without someone commenting on her looks.  I honestly think those giant lips were the least of her worries.  The platinum braids and shaved off eyebrows were equally (if not more) attention getting and could have been changed so easily!  Plus a much needed revamp of her wardrobe.  

• Love 14

They briefly showed her "before" picture, and she was cute. People are dumb.

The single greatest thing I've ever seen on this show was when the woman was about to go into breast surgery, and Dr. Dubrow told her she was pregnant; her response was, "Shit!"

It's not always (coughusuallycough) good news, Terry.

• Love 9

I almost forgot to tell y'all that this show (a marathon of an earlier season) was on at work in the breakroom Monday. Oh, the laughs. Everyone watches this crack, and knows who the doctors are and to whom they are/were married.

• Love 2

I was annoyed by the male model/Ken Doll. Moreso even than most of the weekly weirdo brigade. He obviously has no concept of reality and I thought he looked the same as he did at 17 except more nipped and tucked in the face. Asking for a rhinoplasty revision less than 6 months after it heals is dumb, too. He was definitely one of the desperate ones who'll go out of the country and get it so thin it looks like MJ.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bilgistic said:

They briefly showed her "before" picture, and she was cute. People are dumb.

The single greatest thing I've ever seen on this show was when the woman was about to go into breast surgery, and Dr. Dubrow told her she was pregnant; her response was, "Shit!"

It's not always (coughusuallycough) good news, Terry.

Oh yes the pregnancy test. Of which I'm sure they knew for days was positive, but they make this poor woman prep for surgery, not eat, etc. just so they can spring it on her on national TV. Unless she was in on it, but her horrified reaction seemed genuine! 

• Love 2

I think male model/Ken doll is arrogant and wanted everyone to see his good looks on tv. He knew he wasn't going to change his nose. He wanted some fame and Terry/Paul to tell him how purdy he looks.

I agree with the posts about that woman wasn't happy that her pregnancy test was positive. Later in the episode, they say she had a miscarriage. I immediately thought they terminated the pregnancy. It's good to see that her boobs look normal now, but I didn't like that couple.

• Love 5

Yeah, that was not a woman who wanted another pregnancy.  He seemed shocked but pleasantly surprised... Her shock wasn't just about the change in surgical plans.

I've had a pregnancy test done before every sedation for a procedure/surgery. Even when it would have been literally impossible - they don't take your word for it.

Paul's work is always tasteful. I don't know how he looked at Adrienne all those years. It must have driven him crazy.

There was only the one pic as a teen, but the Czech guy was handsome and probably would have grown into a handsome, masculine face had he left well enough alone.  I understand nose jobs at 16-17 when there's a definite monstrosity, but a well shaped nose that's just a trifle large should be left alone til the face grows out. Making it smaller while the facial features are still in flux leaves you with the big face/tiny nose look.

• Love 3

I had an endometrial ablation a couple years ago (basically, a scraping out of the uterine lining), and the nurse at the surgical center said I needed to have a pregnancy test. I told her there was no possible way I was pregnant. My mother (who would be taking care of me after surgery) helpfully added, "Tell her how long it's been since you've had sex!!"

Additionally, I'd had my tubes tied 12 years ago, fortunately by the same doctor about to do the ablation. The nurse kept insisting on the test, and the doc walked through and said, "I tied her tubes; she's not pregnant."

• Love 3

I had surgery a few years ago, and I also had to take a pregnancy test right beforehand.  I was so irritated because I hadn't had drank a drop of liquid for hours, and somehow I had to produce urine from my body. I remember stating in the bathroom forever, trying to force myself to pee. 

I don't know why crab boobs irritated so much.   So many of the people on this show are somewhat plain to homely.  Strapping on grapefruits wont change that.   Get a gym membership and some counseling instead.  Also, just because a bikini comes in your size does not mean you should wear it.  

Lip lady had such distracting hair and lack of eyebrows that I didn't even notice her lips.   

I hate it that people think posting pictures of themselves blown up like a blowfish is a career. When you are too old or can't handle the basketball size breasts, then what? And as a woman I will never understand why men like women who are so filled with plastic that they no longer look human.

• Love 2
On July 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Noirprncess said:

Blowfish lips needed a complete makeover.  Her braids were VERY distracting.

I don't get what was distracting about her braids.  Her hairline was distracting though.

On July 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM, kassa said:

Yeah, that was not a woman who wanted another pregnancy.  He seemed shocked but pleasantly surprised... Her shock wasn't just about the change in surgical plans.

She didn't want to have another baby, nothing wrong with that.  Finding out you're pregnant isn't always good news.  

• Love 1
On 7/27/2016 at 4:27 AM, Noirprncess said:

Blowfish lips needed a complete makeover.  Her braids were VERY distracting.

The eyebrows, too! Until I saw the before pictures, I thought she was a black albino (a dark-skinned albino). Oh, yeah--someone needs to tell her that if she keeps tanning herself, she's going to end up with leather skin in a few years. 

I like the banter between the doctors. I know they have to follow a script, but they're funny. 

ETA:

She didn't want to have another baby, nothing wrong with that.  Finding out you're pregnant isn't always good news.  

I wonder if she really had a miscarriage or if she had an abortion. Not that it matters for the sake of her story. But I know plenty of women who've had miscarriages, and they're usually emotionally devastated for long time. Of course, there's no right or wrong way to feel after a miscarriage. I'm just curious. 

Edited by topanga
On 7/30/2016 at 3:32 PM, Neurochick said:

To me it was more that Dubrow was tone deaf to the situation and elected to celebrate instead of gauging her reaction.  I understand the producers' situation -- it's a great moment they haven't had before, surgery postponed by pregnancy, plus they can capture the moment that a couple finds out... it just wasn't a nice moment.  So it felt mean to show it, especially since 5 mins later she might have set aside her shock/disappointment and been thrilled.  Would they have aired it if there were no miscarriage?  Hell of a thing for a kid to see.  

• Love 2