Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Ok, so you know the ep. 4 teaser that DCC: MTT put up on Facebook?  Well I commented on it and said that Marshall the Hair Guy looked like some kind of CGI designed creature. And he commented on it and liked it.  Said it was his favorite comment so far. With a bunch of heart-eyed emojis.

I'm not sure what to make of all this.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Ok, so you know the ep. 4 teaser that DCC: MTT put up on Facebook?  Well I commented on it and said that Marshall the Hair Guy looked like some kind of CGI designed creature. And he commented on it and liked it.  Said it was his favorite comment so far. With a bunch of heart-eyed emojis.

I'm not sure what to make of all this.

Maybe the "CGI look" is what he's going for and apparently nailed! :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Maybe the "CGI look" is what he's going for and apparently nailed! :)

That's what I'm thinking. People who are into extreme plastic surgery aren't usually going for the "normal" look. I think he might wish he was an alien, lol.

Not gonna lie though. Weird face and all I kinda like him. He seems a little fabulous.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 8

Last night, I dreamt I was was putting on the uniform (and, at my current size, that wouldn't be possible).  For some reason, I was pulling out random objects from my bag and not only were a couple people that I currently know there, but a player came into the locker room while I was changing for an autograph.  I looked to Kelli/Judy for permission, got a yes, and he gave me HIS!  Oh, and the shorts were too big around the hips and in the front though I know that's not possible at the moment.  The whole thing was rather odd.

• Love 1

I actually don't think he's had any work done. Maybe a little Botox or two (because everyone gets an injection or two) but when I spoke to him his face isn't frozen or CGI looking. He just has beautiful big blue eyes! And awesome hair. 

Very handsome and knows what he's talking about when it comes to hair. 

Lol I'm gonna go look ? Love that he actually responded hahahah

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

I actually don't think he's had any work done. Maybe a little Botox or two (because everyone gets an injection or two) but when I spoke to him his face isn't frozen or CGI looking. He just has beautiful big blue eyes! And awesome hair. 

Honestly?  I love it too.  If he was trying to make a fan out of me, it totally worked :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

(because everyone gets an injection or two) 

Girl!  Many people don’t get injections!  I’m old enough to be your mom and I’ve never even considered it.  This is 21st century stuff I guess.

• Love 3

Lol my mom has gotten a lot of "small" things done to her face. Botox mainly. All of her friends have gotten lifts, implants or tummy tucks at least, so she's considered the most natural sadly. Even when I was a teenager she suggested I get a ton of stuff done (rhinoplasty, implants, Botox) and I was like "MOTHER!!"

lol I have gotten an augmentation and a little juvederm in my upper lip. I actually do have REALLY bad sinuses and my allergist said I have a  bady deviated septum and that I will eventually need rhinoplasty whether I like it or not. Sometimes it's honestly just hard to breathe! A lot of my friends (20+) have gotten small amounts of Botox too. It's actually very preventative with wrinkles in small amounts. I wouldn't suggest anyone under 25 to get Botox though just because  of you get it to young you can freeze your face. 

Rhinoplasty for deviated septums are common. I don't particularly care about plastic surgery, if you want it get it but don't vehemently deny it like Kylie Jenner. If I had the funds, I'd get a boob job in a heartbeat. I feel like that's all I really need done unless there was a magical way to get rid of tummy fat and keep it off. 

I had an enormous list of things I wanted to get done (and still do), but I think much of the time you can get the best results just by preventive maintenance and training.  Also, I am a devotee of Botched so perhaps it has made me paranoid.  I remember Dr. Dubrow once mentioned the "ideal" number of centimeters from breast to collarbone.  Immediately went for the tape measure, and if nothing else, I got some reassurance that I do not in fact need a breast lift ?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Holy hell!!! I told him he turned me into a fan and he answered again!!!!

• Love 3

I personally don't count microderm as plastic surgery. It's so pain less and the only inconvenience is that you just can't wear makeup for 24 hours. Wouldn't doubt  that he's gotten microdermabrasion or a chemical peel, but I'm not going to say Marshall has because I just don't know him haha. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I personally don't count microderm as plastic surgery. It's so pain less and the only inconvenience is that you just can't wear makeup for 24 hours. Wouldn't doubt  that he's gotten microdermabrasion or a chemical peel, but I'm not going to say Marshall has because I just don't know him haha. 

Honestly most people don't count Botox or fillers either - more like temporary procedures than surgery that cuts with a knife, is permanent, is invasive, etc. 

He's had some work is what we're all getting at. More power to him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, raindancer said:

I had an enormous list of things I wanted to get done (and still do), but I think much of the time you can get the best results just by preventive maintenance and training.  Also, I am a devotee of Botched so perhaps it has made me paranoid.  I remember Dr. Dubrow once mentioned the "ideal" number of centimeters from breast to collarbone.  Immediately went for the tape measure, and if nothing else, I got some reassurance that I do not in fact need a breast lift ?

OMG please tell me what this magic number is so I can feel good about myself!  hahaha.  I need to lose about 30lbs, but even at my thinnest I have cleavage in a turtle neck! lol   I've had them since I was 10.  My memoir about my struggle with body image as an early bloomer that I always threaten to write is called "from undershirt to underwire"...  I cannot imagine what I would look like in the VS bra,  I would probably suffocate.  Oh the dream of being a B cup....

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Dalgal14 - I want to scold your mom.  Why would anyone need Botox in their 20’s????????

Migraines are the only reason I can think to get it that young, unless you've got some exceptional forehead wrinkles.  Sun damage, being super thin and/or smoking can take their toll on thin facial skin.  I had it done once a few years ago and it was an instant fix for my stress-induced headaches. Fortunately I was able to eliminate the biggest source of stress and haven't done it since  

My mom has been doing Botox for years now, but we also live by the code of "five pounds on the waist takes five years off the face" so I'm aging backwards ?? If I ever get down to a smaller weight and am all wrinkled up, I would definitely do it for cosmetic reasons! The trick is finding someone who appreciates subtlety and won't make you look like a wax doll. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, omgtv said:

OMG please tell me what this magic number is so I can feel good about myself!  hahaha.  I need to lose about 30lbs, but even at my thinnest I have cleavage in a turtle neck! lol   I've had them since I was 10.  My memoir about my struggle with body image as an early bloomer that I always threaten to write is called "from undershirt to underwire"...  I cannot imagine what I would look like in the VS bra,  I would probably suffocate.  Oh the dream of being a B cup....

LOL it's 21 centimeters....and I feel you on the cleavage, although I have to tell you I *always* wear VS bras.  They are the only ones that are both comfortable and sexy I have ever found.  I can dream of La Perla but until I have $200 or so to spend on a fancy underwire I'll stick with VS.  That said I would not suggest a Bombshell.  I am naturally a 32D and when I tried one on I looked like a Barbie doll, and not in a good way.  I looked like I was smuggling bowling balls in the most brazen way possible.

• Love 1
On 9/16/2016 at 3:58 PM, PBSLover said:

If you are getting migraines your atlas is probably out.  A trip to a good chiropractor will do the trick.

What does this mean? Autocorrect error? I ask because I get migraines occasionally and only recently started seeing a chiropractor for an unrelated (obviously) foot injury.

I've gotten Botox twice now (yesterday in fact!), and I love it. I'm 38.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DanceChick said:

What does this mean? Autocorrect error? I ask because I get migraines occasionally and only recently started seeing a chiropractor for an unrelated (obviously) foot injury.

The Atlas is the first vertebra in your neck. I've heard of all sorts of things it can press on if it's not in line. I'm hoping to get an adjustment on mine soon because I'm having some pretty bad nerve issues stemming from the neck. 

You might mention it to your chiro that you heard about a connection between the Atlas and migraines. [Disclaimer: I've never been to a chiropractor, but I don't think they're the debbil like a lot of people do. Plenty of people get actual help from them.]

• Love 2

Your atlas is the bone(s) that connects your neck to your head (I need to do a better search for the real description but this is pretty close).  Many people get recurring headaches because it is out of alignment (bone is touching/pushing down on nerves).

• Love 1
16 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

The Atlas is the first vertebra in your neck. I've heard of all sorts of things it can press on if it's not in line. I'm hoping to get an adjustment on mine soon because I'm having some pretty bad nerve issues stemming from the neck. 

You might mention it to your chiro that you heard about a connection between the Atlas and migraines. [Disclaimer: I've never been to a chiropractor, but I don't think they're the debbil like a lot of people do. Plenty of people get actual help from them.]

Cool, I'll ask him next week. He's the husband of my dance fitness instructor and gets tons of business from our class haha.

• Love 1
On 9/18/2016 at 2:22 AM, KellyAnn3 said:

People actually thing Chiropractors are bad? Omgsh I worked for one for 4 years, they do awesome work. We had people come in who couldn't even walk and they were walking out of the office (albeit not as good as normal but still good) after a 30 minute session of chiro and electrical muscle stimulation.

Yes as a health care professional, the talk was that chiropractors were really like quacks and that DO weren't much better.  Flash forward a number of years, we are now encompassing a more holistic approach to care so are embracing all of them.  In fact I just started going to a sports medicine chiropractor because I wasn't interested in a surgery approach to what was the issue. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:00 PM, kalibean said:

Migraines are the only reason I can think to get it that young, unless you've got some exceptional forehead wrinkles.  Sun damage, being super thin and/or smoking can take their toll on thin facial skin.  I had it done once a few years ago and it was an instant fix for my stress-induced headaches. Fortunately I was able to eliminate the biggest source of stress and haven't done it since  

My mom has been doing Botox for years now, but we also live by the code of "five pounds on the waist takes five years off the face" so I'm aging backwards ?? If I ever get down to a smaller weight and am all wrinkled up, I would definitely do it for cosmetic reasons! The trick is finding someone who appreciates subtlety and won't make you look like a wax doll. 

It's to prevent wrinkles from forming ... my friend who is now 39 has been getting botox since her 20s and she looks awesome.  She looks like she's mid-late 20s and it's very natural looking.

• Love 1

If I was going to get any work done, first and foremost it would be a boob job that looks real. Not like Chantal's lol sorry girlfriend. I think I'd need lip fillers but those make your lips huge so idk bout that.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

If I was going to get any work done, first and foremost it would be a boob job that looks real. Not like Chantal's lol sorry girlfriend. I think I'd need lip fillers but those make your lips huge so idk bout that.

Nooooooo, I HATE lip fillers. The trout pout look is awful! I have a local former friend (that's a story!) who does some modeling and is totally gorgeous...until she got her lips filled. She looks ridiculous now.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:20 PM, DanceChick said:

Nooooooo, I HATE lip fillers. The trout pout look is awful! I have a local former friend (that's a story!) who does some modeling and is totally gorgeous...until she got her lips filled. She looks ridiculous now.

is that permanent?  that sucks ... what do they fill it with?  It's not with fat right?  that's gross

5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

is that permanent?  that sucks ... what do they fill it with?  It's not with fat right?  that's gross

I don't know but it looks insane! I'd post her pic if it weren't a horrible violation of privacy LOL!

13 hours ago, DanceChick said:

I don't know but it looks insane! I'd post her pic if it weren't a horrible violation of privacy LOL!

haha yeah don't do that.  Were you guys still friends when she did that?  did you tell her never to do it again?

speaking of which, I think Mckayla Maroney did the same thing... she is looking awful these days.  Makes me sad ...

1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm so out of the loop .. Brad and Angelina??

I just heard about it and honestly thought it wasn't true - it just seems so sad, they have such a beautiful family and I'm sure it must be so difficult on all of them right now

23 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

haha yeah don't do that.  Were you guys still friends when she did that?  did you tell her never to do it again?

speaking of which, I think Mckayla Maroney did the same thing... she is looking awful these days.  Makes me sad ...

No, we haven't been friends in a long time. I just saw her comment on something on facebook and was like who's that fish?

1 hour ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Don't know if this has been posted, but Jerry Jones says they're standing during the National Anthem...or they're not Cowboys anymore

Hmm. Wonder if Dez Bryant were to take a knee if Jerry would feel the same.

Also, I've always wondered: If the DCC is No. 1 among NFL cheerleaders, who's commonly considered No. 2? And do you all think the DCC could lose the top spot?

1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Hmm. Wonder if Dez Bryant were to take a knee if Jerry would feel the same.

Also, I've always wondered: If the DCC is No. 1 among NFL cheerleaders, who's commonly considered No. 2? And do you all think the DCC could lose the top spot?

To some people it could be the Texans cheerleaders. Not sure, I don't pay attention to the other cheerleaders besides DCC cause I'm not a guy hahaha 

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

YESSS!!! I LOVE THIS! Unfortunately, it isn't really correct.

http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

hmmmm ... I don't know where the tradition of standing during the national anthem or removing your hat comes from but I do know, as a minority and immigrant, that I am incredibly grateful to be in this country and to be part of the good and the bad.  Because most days, the good still outweight the bad / unjust.  And relative to most places, the bad really isn't as bad.  But I stand, remove my hat, put my hand over my heart, and look at the flag not for any political reasons but because I know A LOT of brave and strong men and women sacrificed their lives so that I can live in this country.  For me, and I don't know if this was ever the original intention, when I respect the National Anthem, I'm paying thanks and honoring their sacrifices. 

• Love 6