Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On 6/2/2017 at 7:10 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

Going through CDs I picked up at the library and I really want to see the girls do their opening to this version of Thunderstruck sometime, they could get the two guys to come play live 

I needed this laugh today!!!

I hope this is in the right thread. On Saturday, I was watching a digital channel that aired old game shows. They were showing Family Feud episodes where Dallas Cowboys players were playing against the Cheerleaders. The 2 older Sholtz sisters were in the team. I chuckled. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Speaking of romance authors--does anyone remember Kathleen Woodiwiss?  She had the most amazing words and innuendos (his member).  I hid those books from my Mom along with the True Romance mags.

She died in 2007.

Wow that brings back memories.  Yes loved reading her work.  Clearly I have not read them in a LONG time as I didn't know she had died.

Anyone here a "Downton Abbey" fan? I've finally gotten around to watching it years after putting it in my Netflix queue (it's been so long the damn show isn't even ON Netflix anymore), and I can't get enough of those snooty but loveable Brits and their staff. It's sooo good. I'm typically a sucker for anything set in the early 1900's, and anything British. Just fascinating.

On another note, my Grandmother just swam her last race at the Nationals Senior Games, and walks away with three golds and three silvers. She is 91 and the pride and joy of our family. It actually makes me a bit ashamed looking at pictures of her with her medals as I sit here eating Oreos. Sigh.

• Love 7

@Ante i meant the swedish! I'm always forgetting the spaniards :p i like them but i don't love them as much as the swedish. I can't even pick a favorite-although i would move to Sweden just to call myself a (future) subject of Victoria and Estelle so there's that!

40 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

@Ante i meant the swedish! I'm always forgetting the spaniards :p i like them but i don't love them as much as the swedish. I can't even pick a favorite-although i would move to Sweden just to call myself a (future) subject of Victoria and Estelle so there's that!

OMG. I officially adore you. My love for Estelle knows no boundaries! And little Oscar, such a carbon copy of Estelle.  I also cannot help but adore Leo. I love, love, love her energy and how Madeleine cannot control her. 

I play favorites I must admit and Madeleine is my favorite but Vic is a closeclose second. I wish I could model my life on Vic. She's been through so much and I admire how she handled it all. I have followed Madeleine for years and I just find her to be lovely. I know that there are sides to Madeleine that we can argue about and I know not everyone is a Madde sugar like me. 

Let's move to Sweden!!! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ante said:

OMG. I officially adore you. My love for Estelle knows no boundaries! And little Oscar, such a carbon copy of Estelle.  I also cannot help but adore Leo. I love, love, love her energy and how Madeleine cannot control her. 

I play favorites I must admit and Madeleine is my favorite but Vic is a closeclose second. I wish I could model my life on Vic. She's been through so much and I admire how she handled it all. I have followed Madeleine for years and I just find her to be lovely. I know that there are sides to Madeleine that we can argue about and I know not everyone is a Madde sugar like me. 

Let's move to Sweden!!! 

Actually I'm a Madeleine fan and I think that the media are treating her unfairly. I get that people want her to move back to Sweden but she is as far away from the throne as it gets and she goes back whenever she is needed. Aaaand yes Leonore is so cute and I can't even think about Leonore and Estelle together in the same room...during play time....yeah ok poor Vic and Madde :p 

i have thought about moving to Sweden tbh! Not for them, i'm not yet at that level. But I don't think i can survive the cold and the darkness or even handle it for more than two days sooo...

(edited)
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Actually I'm a Madeleine fan and I think that the media are treating her unfairly. I get that people want her to move back to Sweden but she is as far away from the throne as it gets and she goes back whenever she is needed. Aaaand yes Leonore is so cute and I can't even think about Leonore and Estelle together in the same room...during play time....yeah ok poor Vic and Madde :p 

i have thought about moving to Sweden tbh! Not for them, i'm not yet at that level. But I don't think i can survive the cold and the darkness or even handle it for more than two days sooo...

Yes, thank you, yes! I cannot with the hate that Madeleine gets for leaving Sweden.  I don't blame her for leaving after what asshat Jonas did. I'd leave too! Especially if the rumors about CG telling her off are true. 

Madeleine haters want her to move home and work more yet they complain when she receives money from the apanage and say she isn't needed to represent Sweden. I don't understand what they want Mad to do. She lives in London off her own personal wealth and the money Chris makes. She isn't living off the taxpayers like some people so what's the problem? She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Also, for the love of all things holy, the Swedish press absolutely annihilates  her, Christopher and their family. Why should she go back when she is treated like that? And it's not like CG and Silvia EVER defend her. 

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Did you ever see the picture of Estelle and Leo after maybe Alex's christening? It's my absolute favorite picture of them. 

IMG_5690.JPG

Edited by Ante
Picture
  • Love 3
(edited)

There's a thunderstorm happening right now and it seems too close to home. Lots of lightning too. Reminds me of how scary I found them as a child.  Also reminds me of the movie Poltergeist. #im a scary movie wimp#

I think it's passing though. Hooray! ?

Edited by woodscommaelle
(edited)
17 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

On another note, my Grandmother just swam her last race at the Nationals Senior Games, and walks away with three golds and three silvers. She is 91 and the pride and joy of our family. It actually makes me a bit ashamed looking at pictures of her with her medals as I sit here eating Oreos. Sigh.

Yikes, I wish I were that good, that's awesome!

I did a 5K a few months ago, and the top female, as well as 2nd place overall, was in the 60-64 age group.  It makes me feel good to see that :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
Just now, Oranaiche said:

@DanceChick just wanted to say I spotted your Vivian avatar in another thread and immediately started giggle snorting. I'm loving all the DCC themed avatars I'm seeing. Everyone get on board already!!

Yours is my favorite lol! I had a Kelli surprise face for awhile but saw that someone else used it. Viv it is for now!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Yours is my favorite lol! I had a Kelli surprise face for awhile but saw that someone else used it. Viv it is for now!

If you ever need a backup, I have this epic crying Shmathryn Schmunn shot on reserve. Her eyebrows sure tell a story. I just can't ditch Megan yet though. ?

IMG_0280.PNG

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

@DanceChick just wanted to say I spotted your Vivian avatar in another thread and immediately started giggle snorting. I'm loving all the DCC themed avatars I'm seeing. Everyone get on board already!!

Okay. I'm onboard.  Megan remains my personal fav.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2017 at 0:00 AM, Oranaiche said:

Anyone here a "Downton Abbey" fan? I've finally gotten around to watching it years after putting it in my Netflix queue (it's been so long the damn show isn't even ON Netflix anymore), and I can't get enough of those snooty but loveable Brits and their staff. It's sooo good. I'm typically a sucker for anything set in the early 1900's, and anything British. Just fascinating.

Yes! I loove it! Haven't watched the last season yet though, it's on my summer list!

On 6/8/2017 at 5:01 AM, Ante said:

Yes, thank you, yes! I cannot with the hate that Madeleine gets for leaving Sweden.  I don't blame her for leaving after what asshat Jonas did. I'd leave too! Especially if the rumors about CG telling her off are true. 

Madeleine haters want her to move home and work more yet they complain when she receives money from the apanage and say she isn't needed to represent Sweden. I don't understand what they want Mad to do. She lives in London off her own personal wealth and the money Chris makes. She isn't living off the taxpayers like some people so what's the problem? She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Also, for the love of all things holy, the Swedish press absolutely annihilates  her, Christopher and their family. Why should she go back when she is treated like that? And it's not like CG and Silvia EVER defend her. 

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Did you ever see the picture of Estelle and Leo after maybe Alex's christening? It's my absolute favorite picture of them. 

IMG_5690.JPG

Oh yes i love it! And we had so many events these past few years with all the weddings and the babies and now it will get quiet and i'm saaad. Although I could see Sofia and Carl Philip going for the 3rd or even 4th.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes! I loove it! Haven't watched the last season yet though, it's on my summer list!

Oh yes i love it! And we had so many events these past few years with all the weddings and the babies and now it will get quiet and i'm saaad. Although I could see Sofia and Carl Philip going for the 3rd or even 4th.

What do you think Sofia and CP are having this time? I think it's a girl at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Ante said:

What do you think Sofia and CP are having this time? I think it's a girl at the moment. 

Me too! And I really want them to have one of each so if baby no2 is also a boy Sofia needs to prepare for the next one :p

17 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

If you ever need a backup, I have this epic crying Shmathryn Schmunn shot on reserve. Her eyebrows sure tell a story. I just can't ditch Megan yet though. ?

IMG_0280.PNG

"I'm just crying because I... I'm...." 

Been there schmathryn, been there girl. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

"I'm just crying because I... I'm...." 

Been there schmathryn, been there girl. 

LOL you're thinking of her first season when she said she wasn't crying because she was upset. This screen grab was taken from her second season right before she said, "I'm soooo saaad." I kind of liked her the first time around. Can't say the same for the second.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

LOL you're thinking of her first season when she said she wasn't crying because she was upset. This screen grab was taken from her second season right before she said, "I'm soooo saaad." I kind of liked her the first time around. Can't say the same for the second.

Ohhhh how right you are! I ADORED her the first time! Her look, her figure, her personality, all of it.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I liked her and defended her until she had her Twitter rant. 

Same. I didn't particularly care for her performance her second time around in camp, but I always posted nice things about her until that happened. Bye, Felicia.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I liked her and defended her until she had her Twitter rant. 

1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Same. I didn't particularly care for her performance her second time around in camp, but I always posted nice things about her until that happened. Bye, Felicia.

Just another princess. They go NUTS when they're criticized by anyone at all. They have to be adored by every single person they encounter.

giphy.gif

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Just another princess. They go NUTS when they're criticized by anyone at all. They have to be adored by every single person they encounter.

giphy.gif

Omg, the gif almost made pee come out.

@dreamcatcher I just watched the Spanish flu episode where Lavinia dies and Anna and Bates get married. I'm a puddle. ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Unrelated to anything, but the forum just got a whole lot uglier imho. Not the people or the chitchat, the layout. It suddenly looks like something from the 80's.. what happened?!

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Why is the layout of this site microscopic now on my iPad? Anyone else have this issue?

I think you can select the layout size maybe? There's a banner post from admin at the top of the page.... Not sure if it'll solve your problem? 

5 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Why is the layout of this site microscopic now on my iPad? Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same issue..except on my desktop. Weird.

I thought I mistakenly changed the settings but I did not. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

It was @spazette! Yo Spaz! How's the crotch fruit?! You gettin any sleep?? What's your fave/least fave things about being a momma?

@Oklahomama did you also say you're with child??

I am! Good memory. Baby Girl Crotch Fruit scheduled to be sliced out 9/6. Gotta keep that hootie whattie ??

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I am! Good memory. Baby Girl Crotch Fruit scheduled to be sliced out 9/6. Gotta keep that hootie whattie ??

How long does it take one's crotch to recover from fruit expulsion?  I never had children and always wondered.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

How long does it take one's crotch to recover from fruit expulsion?  I never had children and always wondered.

It totally depends. With my other c sections it took me about 2 weeks to feel human again. I'm not sure about when they come out the "normal" way ?. Things they don't tell you though, is that you still look like, 6 months pregnant after you deliver. You have to deflate like a balloon. Silly me, the first time, thought I would be back in my skinny jeans. Wrong wrong wrong 

• Love 2
(edited)

The crotch fruit is amazing!! He's the coolest thing I've ever made hands down. 

As for delivering babies out your lady bits and "feeling normal"....I'm not quite two weeks out and still not normal. I'm not in pain, but things are tender and off limits to ahem- "visitors" of any kind for 4-6 weeks.  And I definitely have a deflated balloon belly going on. I gained 35 pounds and have already dropped 20 of them(breastfeeding is amazing), but it's going to be a bit before my uterus and stomach are back to prepregnacy size. 

As for sleep....ha. Hahaha. Someday I hope! My fave thing about being a mom is staring at this little face and feeling more in love than I thought possible  least fave thing? Spit up on all my clothes, in my hair, on the sheets.....

IMG_0556.JPG

Edited by spazette
I can't spell.
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, spazette said:

The crotch fruit is amazing!! He's the coolest thing I've ever made hands down. 

As for delivering babies out your lady bits and "feeling normal"....I'm not quite two weeks out and still not normal. I'm not in pain, but things are tender and off limits to ahem- "visitors" of any kind for 4-6 weeks.  And I definitely have a deflated balloon belly going on. I gained 35 pounds and have already dropped 20 of them(breastfeeding is amazing), but it's going to be a bit before my uterus and stomach are back to prepregnacy size. 

IMG_0556.JPG

Awww congrats! I just started breastfeeding today, but I haven't lost anything yet. Also, I don't have a child.

@Oklahomama can't wait! Vicodin AND a baby?!? Is it CHRISTMAS?!

@parrotfeathers THAT post killed me....

• Love 7

So my sister and her fiance either want to go to Dallas to see a cowboys game for their honeymoon or stay on a dude ranch somewhere. What do you guys who live in the area recommend them doing around the area? I have the stockyards on my list as well as stadium tour and medieval times.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

So my sister and her fiance either want to go to Dallas to see a cowboys game for their honeymoon or stay on a dude ranch somewhere. What do you guys who live in the area recommend them doing around the area? I have the stockyards on my list as well as stadium tour and medieval times.

Medieval Times is a chain. We have one out here and I was kind of astounded at the expense and amount of sand in the food. ?

Just now, LilRedHerring said:

Medieval Times is a chain. We have one out here and I was kind of astounded at the expense and amount of sand in the food. ?

They went to the one in Jersey which is like a 3 hour drive from us but they loved it so I figured they'll want to go to the Dallas one maybe. I went to the one in Jersey when I was younger on a school field trip but don't remember it at all.