Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Guys. I'm gonna kill someone. I swear. Today is the day I'm going to jail. HALP.

I need Christmas to happen already. Sweet Lord.

I feel ya!! Got 5 11 hour shifts this week in Asda (English company owned by Walmart) I'm SO done already. The shops are closed for ONE day people. ONE DAY. GO HOME. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Hahaha, yes! No ambition, you goofball :)

Crocheting is easier to start with, but knitting produces more wearable garments. I only crochet for blankets. Sweaters, I only do knitting. My granny is an avid quilter and I wish I could make some of the gorgeous creations she's come up with over the years. I have no eye for it, nor the sewing skills. I can seam a sweater, but that doesn't involve a sewing machine.

I just don't have the patience for knitting. I know how, my grandma taught me that after she taught me to crochet but knitting seems to "grow" so much slower, course that could be bc I'm a faster crocheter than knitter, though when I learned continental style I got a bit faster. Knit really is better for wearables though unless you want a really thick sweater or use really thin yarn and lots of it. My grandma knits, both of her parents did, nothing like watching my great grandpa a former navy man/police officer sit and sew those tiny stitches. I have sewn together quilt tops on a machine but then passed them on to be quilted. It's one of my goals, I've been setting aside shirts kiddo wore when he was little to make a quilt for him someday. Until then I'm highly addicted to crochet especially round ripples, I could do them in my sleep now lol. My classroom floor is littered with rugs and pillows I've crocheted, well normally it is, right now they're locked up bc we've had a lice outbreak ugh. Come on winter break!

• Love 2
On 12/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, Oranaiche said:

I felt that way for the first season of Matt Smith, but then I fell in love with him. I honestly flip flop between which one is my favorite depending on the day and my mood. I also adored Eccleston, but with only one season of him, he's not quite as near and dear to my heart.

Capaldi is a different story. I just can't get into him. I will say the penultimate episode of season 9 was EPIC, but I have really struggled through his seasons in general. I wish they would stop trying to make the electric guitar and sonic sunglasses happen. At least they gave him a screwdriver back before season 9 ended.

I've been traveling for two days (and not in the TARDIS, unfortunately) so I'm a bit out of touch with this thread.  None of the doctors in the revamped "Who" could compare with Eccleston.  He could be goofy without being cheesy, scary (and scary angry) and make it seem realistic, and I could completely "relate" to him because he seemed so normal when he really had this whole other, wonderful world going on.  Matt Tennant was too over-the-top for me and when he threw his head back, went wide-eyed and tried to stare down his nose?  He looked ridiculous (to me), as if he was trying too hard to show some sort of intense emotion and it wasn't working.  Matt Smith was the adorable "golden retriever" doctor to me.  He was funny, happy, goofy, and everything that was sweet (and he could pull off the "hangdog" look really well), but he couldn't really seem to pull off the angry/mean/upset doctor stuff well.  Peter Capaldi seems to be more a move back towards the Eccleston era but Moffat has gone completely off the rails in terms of story and season arcs without someone to rein him in.  If Capaldi had some of the story lines back in the RTD era, he'd be amazing.

As for the whole crafts thing, I'm amazing with cross-stitch, okay with crocheting (relearning after many years away), am willing to try knitting, and heaven help the quilt or sewing project that I get near because it's going to die a horrible death if I set hands on it.  Guess I have to start somewhere, though.  I think I'll stick with the cross-stitch and crocheting/knitting until I get much better at those before I start sewing again.  It would also help if I had the room and the machine to sew with as well.  Maybe a Serger as well as a regular sewing machine, but that's a bit more monetary outlay than I'm ready for at the moment.

4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

BTW, the new DCC bathroom plans are coming along swimmingly. Is it wrong to have a bathroom that you will be too embarrassed to let people actually use? Any one of you care to come stay for a weekend? You'll be the only ones who get it. Husband is a gem helping me print and frame The Optimist Creed though. Oh yes, it'll have that too. OH but it will be divine! The 15th is coming quickly friends, and this is going to be an epic smattering of navy, pink, crystals, stars and oh so very much more.

PLEASE post a pic once you have it set up! I'm so excited to see this work of art...

• Love 3
21 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

BTW, the new DCC bathroom plans are coming along swimmingly. Is it wrong to have a bathroom that you will be too embarrassed to let people actually use? Any one of you care to come stay for a weekend? You'll be the only ones who get it. Husband is a gem helping me print and frame The Optimist Creed though. Oh yes, it'll have that too. OH but it will be divine! The 15th is coming quickly friends, and this is going to be an epic smattering of navy, pink, crystals, stars and oh so very much more.

You can expect me in early to late march. See you soon!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I know that Beyonce demanded that her chicken legs be kept at 78 degrees and that they be HEAVILY SEASONED with cayenne pepper while backstage. Things of that nature. @PBSLover what do they call that list in the entertainment industry?!?

Ha!  Riders.  

I have a DCC Pinterest page and I have some photos you might like to choose from.  One shot in particular of the kickline is my favorite, and I think, an iconic shot.   I vote for the kickline!

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@EricaShadows @HowdeeDo@RazzleberryPie L to R it's Mia, Brooke, Melissa Kellerman and Olivia Stevanovski. They all four cheered together in 2010.

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_2010_Roster

I absolutely believe you gals are correct and that is Mia, but it doesn't look like her. 

Poor Melissa Kellerman. She was there a long time and seldom remembered. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I absolutely believe you gals are correct and that is Mia, but it doesn't look like her. 

Poor Melissa Kellerman. She was there a long time and seldom remembered. 

More like Poor Melissa Kellerman, mostly known for being Cassie's sidekick and getting trampled by Jason Witten :P She always seemed super sweet, not the most exciting dancer but she was in showgroup a couple of years I think? 

• Love 1

So as you can tell from my screen name, I'm a huge fan of Princess Leia, and I absolutely loved Carrie Fisher. I'm heartbroken. I didn't realize I could feel this sad over the death of someone I've never met. She was just such a talented writer, raw, real, funny, kind, and a huge advocate for those suffering from addiction and mental illness. The galaxy will never be the same. 

I just had to get that out and figured there would be no judgment here, given that we are all obsessed with a tv show about cheerleaders. ?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So as you can tell from my screen name, I'm a huge fan of Princess Leia, and I absolutely loved Carrie Fisher. I'm heartbroken. I didn't realize I could feel this sad over the death of someone I've never met. She was just such a talented writer, raw, real, funny, kind, and a huge advocate for those suffering from addiction and mental illness. The galaxy will never be the same. 

I just had to get that out and figured there would be no judgment here, given that we are all obsessed with a tv show about cheerleaders. ?

I was the same way when Cory Monteith died (actor on Glee) and the episode they did about his character's death made me sob so hard.

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I liked a Carrie Fisher because she was both talented and flawed, and had no filter about it. She had some issues, but she absolutely humanized them and was so down to earth. She always came off to me as one of the most honest and authentic Stars. She will be missed. 

• Love 3

Here's the story of why Plato's closet sucks: I took a bag full of hoodies and a coach purse into one yesterday hoping to make some money. Brand name stuff we're talking here so VS Pink, Under Armour and North Face. I browsed the store for the 20 mins they told me it was going to take. They ended up wanting two of my hoodies and the purse and gave me $19. They said the rest of my stuff had "spots" on it, which I know wasn't true because I looked over all of them before I put them in the bag. I bought that coach purse maybe a year ago at the outlets and spent probably $150 and they wanted to give me practically nothing for it. I said what the hell and took the $20 but I'm selling the rest of my stuff on poshmark because at least I get a better profit on there.

9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I liked a Carrie Fisher because she was both talented and flawed, and had no filter about it. She had some issues, but she absolutely humanized them and was so down to earth. She always came off to me as one of the most honest and authentic Stars. She will be missed. 

And now her mom:(   I loved them both and now I will have to have a Star Wars and Singing in the Rain movie fest.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I really only know Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Aggie in Halloweentown, but now I want to watch her in singing in the rain

Hands down one of my favorite movies. She's so pretty and the singing and dancing are incredible!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JC123 said:

Don't know where to post this - anyone else see a potential future point girl in Victoria Kalina? Just casually stalking her Instagram, she's so good!! 

I definitely see her as being able to waltz right onto the team, she's so good. I'll have to see how she really does with the DCC style though, I'm sure she knows most of the dances already.

I think Victoria is gorgeous. She has the hair, the face, etc. my only thing is that I find her more of a lyrical dancer. It seems like her limbs don't hit the movement but rather flow through it. I'll be interested to see if she posts DCC prep videos and how she does!

Happy 2017 everyone!  Feeling blessed to be employed, in good health and alive for another year! 

My NY resolutions:

1) save or invest more money!

2) eat out MUCH less!

3) rid life of unnecessary drama!

Do you guys ever have a friend who is a really really good friend but you guys have nothing in common (in terms of activities, interests, beliefs, attitudes, etc.)?  You don't confide in her and you don't share vulnerabilities because you don't really trust her.  You also don't really respect her.  It's almost like you're just using one another to enable bad behavior (in this case, it's eating eating and eating!).  It's very odd.  And they're also not good for your emotional health as they bring a lot of drama and cause a lot of anger and headaches.  But you would still consider them a good friend because you probably spend waaaaaayyyy too much time with them (because you both like to eat eat eat and there they are ... your eating buddy!).  Anyways, I've got one and I'm hoping to limit my time spent w/ them this year. 

• Love 1

I don't really have a resolution, I think my goal in general for life is to stop spending so much money so I can finally have money for a down payment on a house or a condo. Own a cat of my own once I get said house or condo. Get better at golf. Get to the gym more to lose weight, was more active in 2016 than I used to be but still gained weight -stupid thyroid.

15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't really have a resolution, I think my goal in general for life is to stop spending so much money so I can finally have money for a down payment on a house or a condo. Own a cat of my own once I get said house or condo. Get better at golf. Get to the gym more to lose weight, was more active in 2016 than I used to be but still gained weight -stupid thyroid.

Yeah I spend a shtload of money on workout clothes (vanity) and on gym classes / studios but do not look at all like I work out as much as I actually do.  You can't out-exercise bad eating habits.  It's so so true!!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah I spend a shtload of money on workout clothes (vanity) and on gym classes / studios but do not look at all like I work out as much as I actually do.  You can't out-exercise bad eating habits.  It's so so true!!!

I don't eat that terrible, I think my problem is eating breakfast. I have to take my thyroid pill 30 minutes before I eat so I usually take it once I get to work but finding something to eat at my desk for breakfast is the hard part. I've been eating pop tarts but I get so bored of them.

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't eat that terrible, I think my problem is eating breakfast. I have to take my thyroid pill 30 minutes before I eat so I usually take it once I get to work but finding something to eat at my desk for breakfast is the hard part. I've been eating pop tarts but I get so bored of them.

Do you have a lot of people around you?  I usually bring breakfast like eggs+spinach+bacon and I heat it up in microwave and eat in the pantry.  Or I will bring a sandwich and eat that for breakfast.  I really enjoy savory and filling breakfasts so no way would a bar fill me up

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

Do you have a lot of people around you?  I usually bring breakfast like eggs+spinach+bacon and I heat it up in microwave and eat in the pantry.  Or I will bring a sandwich and eat that for breakfast.  I really enjoy savory and filling breakfasts so no way would a bar fill me up

I'm the only one in the front, but I can't leave the desk unless someone covers it. I'm going to google some breakfast recipes that are healthy and easy to eat at a desk.

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm the only one in the front, but I can't leave the desk unless someone covers it. I'm going to google some breakfast recipes that are healthy and easy to eat at a desk.

Overnight oatmeal!  I made some for the 1st time last night, it was blueberry-banana and I was surprised at how much I liked it, especially since I am NOT an oatmeal person.

• Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Overnight oatmeal!  I made some for the 1st time last night, it was blueberry-banana and I was surprised at how much I liked it, especially since I am NOT an oatmeal person.

That sounds pretty good actually.