Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

My favorite part of Julies interview.  It was all good.  

When the houseguests take too long to answer a question, how do you maintain your composure and not exclaim, hurry the eff up? Do you have a panicked producer in your ear?
I give it a beat when they don’t respond quickly to my “I need an answer now,” and just as my panicked producer was telling in my ear to say: “You will be disqualified if I don’t get an answer now,” I was about to make that call on my own and say the exact same thing. Paulie was on thin ice tonight I tell you, THIN ICE!!!!

-----------

This tells me that he is NOT going to receive any favors from production.  

• Love 6

Jokers......

-He (Paulie)  said he is through with the game and is checked out. He said if he gets the round trip he will come back in but will still be checked out.

-Paulie is outside with Victor and tells them that he is going to take all the penalty votes and is not making any pies.

-Paulie repeatedly says that he checks out Victor said he will keep it in mine. Paulie doesnt want to go out like a roll over dead dog. he is trying to get nat on the block & says she would have fun with it. Paulie doesnt want to bake a lot of pies. Victor says will keep it in mind but wont promise him anything, has to do whats best for his own game-

Polly says Nat should go in the block and that she'll have fun with it??????  Absolutely, bloomin' delusional!

ETA -

-Paulie now saying wants money to pay off a relatives cancer.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4

I just turned on the feeds to see Paulie at it again with Victor.

Oh my god, Victor's great. Paulie just tried to belittle Victor's win by calling it a crapshoot and Victor just told him to stop taking away his win by making it seem like it was complete luck. And he's telling Paulie that he won't use the veto just in case Paulie stays and Natalie leaves. He won't take that chance.

You go, Victor. I like your game, even if I don't like your personality. 

• Love 17

Paulie's basically asking Victor to forget about his own eviction, I guess because he came back so the past should be forgotten. Um...no, Paulie. In this case, he lost the chance for the money and nobody had any idea that Victor would even have a chance to come back. Paulie, you know you have a chance at coming back. He can be bitter all he wants. 

Yeah, Paulie's done. At this point, I do think he needs to let sleeping dogs lie. Victor's telling him up front that there's no way in hell that he's using the veto and Paulie still thinks there's a chance. I get Paulie is mad and disappointed that his game is over unless he gets back into the house (and even then, he'd have to win a lot of comps to guarantee safety) but he has to know that it's a lost cause now. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Camera 1/2 good conversation between Vic and Paulie.  Back it up about 5 - 10 minutes.  :)

Thanks, listening now.  More reasons to appreciate Victor.  He has been my #1 since the house flipped and a favorite for awhile now.

Paulie. Wow he just keeps on going with the same lies/behavior that landed him on the block.  He cannot see that.  

This is really good! 

Victor (firmly):  Stop saying my win was a crap shoot. 

Paulie:  well I am not going to the jury house either.  This in response to Victor saying he was eliminated and didn't even get to go to jury. 

Production is done with this guy.  Julie's interview said as much.  

• Love 4

My 2 cents about production manipulation:  If production does play favorites and manipulates the game, my guess is that RATINGS would play a huge role in that. Assuming Frank was BB's favorite in the beginning of the season, once the HG and viewers turned on Frank, that would translate to production as a decrease in ratings -- so they let the HG cut him. 

Next up:  Paulie.  BB loved him.  In the beginning, America loved him too.  Live Feeders thought  Paulie was this season's adorable eye-candy.  Because of the whole Cody/Derrick love fest, BB wanted Paulie to be their next golden boy.  Once Paulie showed his obnoxious, misogynistic, bloated self and the HG and viewers started to hate him -- his days were numbered.

I'm sure BB employs staff members to lurk sites like Jokers and Twitter to see where the HG stand in popularity with the viewers, and once BB saw Paulie tanking, that translated to a decrease in ratings to BB production, and so they're going to let the HG cut him ala BB16's Frankie J. Grande's "Rewind" loss of power.

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 4

That was so refreshing! Usually HOH conversations go like this:

Nominee: You're totally safe, I'm not coming after you

HOH: sure, yeah, I know

Nominee: just do what I want, and we can totally work together

HOH: huh, yeah, that sounds like it could be a good idea

Nominee: this person over there is a horrible person and deserves to be on the block

HOH: yeah, you have a good point, let me think about it

And nothing happens. So I really appreciated Vic's approach: You screwed me, now I screwed you, Nat on the block is bad for MY game, I could give a fuck about what you want, good talk, bro! It was fun.

• Love 15

Victor has just won this game for me whether he is in one of those chairs or not.  Smart, honest, articulate, beautiful, kind, pleasant, confident, solid, centered...  should I stop now or make this thread move to page 182?

Deafening applause. Let's hoist him on our shoulders!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

The fact that Paulie keeps saying that he doesn't want to be in jury goes to show how little he cares about Production. If this was about his mental health issues, then fine. But it's more about his ego and his pride and whatever. He's literally shitting on Big Brother and I can see that they are fully done with him. There's no way they do anything to keep him. In fact, I think they'll go out of their way to try to get him to not come back into the house. Why would they want to listen to someone who cares so little for the game itself (I guess only about the fame/money) that they are literally willing to self evict in Jury? It puts a bad spotlight on the show. 

So I do think we're safe from Paulie coming back. 

• Love 5

Oh, I still think Victor is kind of a douchebag, he certainly was in the beginning, I just like the way he's handled his HOH. We'll see how wonderful he is the next time he's on the block.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, poopchute said:

Why is Paulie so obsessed with his goodbye messages?  He keeps mentioning them.

He was worried that Natalie was going to say something about his character in her goodbye message to him - I'm assuming similar to what she did to Victor. Plus, if you believe what Natalie's and his ex-fiancee's friends said on Twitter about his broken engagement, he may be worried she'd air some of his real-life dirty laundry.

Speaking of that goodbye message, that conversation between Victor/Natalie to hash things out seemed refreshingly civil and sincere.

• Love 3

And also when is Paulie's punishment supposed to start? Or is production just scrapping it completely because he's being a baby about it? Are they going to show him refusing to do it or will they just edit it all out completely?

Paul/Vic laying out Paulie's 'plan' to calm down Michelle from flipping. They're telling him that the "I'm done" play is bullshit and giving good reasons as to why. I agree that a good portion of it is bullshit, although I do think part of him is done. But they're all comparing notes again and I think Michelle's coming back from her wavering. 

Paulie also told Natalie to her face that he was trying to campaign to get her on the block. And he just told Corey that he'll turn his switch back on if he comes back. 

• Love 1

Paulie keeps saying he doesn't want to campaign then launches his next deal! 

He fancies himself a Mafia don (got the name for it!), and probably calls tomato sauce gravy.   He doesn't want to sit next to one of his boys.  Good god he has watched far too many mob movies. 

Time to go into depression mode homie, campaigning isn't working.  

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, poopchute said:

And also when is Paulie's punishment supposed to start? Or is production just scrapping it completely because he's being a baby about it? Are they going to show him refusing to do it or will they just edit it all out completely?

What was his punishment other than baking 8 pies?  Paulie and production broke up. 

The feeds just cut from Paulie's conversation with James to all four cameras on Natalie and Michelle laying out by the pool.  Yeah, production is over Paulie.  

I think before the cut, he was trying to blame his relationship with his ex-fiancee failing on Cody's fame from being on the show.  Then James was like "Well, you coming on the show probably didn't make things easier." lol

Now it seems we have moved on to Paul and Corey in the kitchen...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mooses said:

He was worried that Natalie was going to say something about his character in her goodbye message to him - I'm assuming similar to what she did to Victor. Plus, if you believe what Natalie's and his ex-fiancee's friends said on Twitter about his broken engagement, he may be worried she'd air some of his real-life dirty laundry.

Speaking of that goodbye message, that conversation between Victor/Natalie to hash things out seemed refreshingly civil and sincere.

You would think he would be more worried about the things HE actually said and did instead of what someone else might say.  Is he not embarrassed about his own behavior?? 

• Love 2

Yeah I can see why Paulie doesn't want to bake pies, cause it's so much harder than say kick 2400 goals in 24 hours or do a midevil joust thingy for 24 hours.

I'm with you Paulie, too tough (especially for a guy who was "bred for this").

• Love 11

Everyone flashback and watch Victor decimate Paulie in the nicest possible way starting around 12:02.

OMG, I love Victor!  So calm, so logical, so on point!

Paulie still refusing to bake pies, says he won't stay in the jury house, being a whiny psychotic baby, and talking about "the integrity of the game."

Also, https://mic.com/articles/151353/big-brother-18-paulie-goes-after-natalie-in-latest-example-of-sexism-in-the-house#.sPFHdjrSY

CBS needs to cut their losses with Paulie.

If this is the new norm, Big Brother will have downgraded from fun summer froth to yet another example of the worst humanity has to offer.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7

I am so irrationally angry that he won't bake the pies.  Are they calling or signaling to him to make them and he is ignoring or are they not even trying to get him to do it? Does he think everyone else wants to do their punishments?  There have been way worse punishments on this show and I don't even recall anyone really complaining.  What about the solitary confinement with the terrible music?! That might have been the worst.  And the soccer.

• Love 11

Brittany was on the block, knew she was likely going home and still took her terrible punishment like a fucking champ. Paulie is pathetic but it doesn't surprise me. All his macho posturing was clearly overcompensation to hide the fact that he's a insecure, little boy.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 22

They are going to be soooooo embarrassed

No, I don't think Polly will.  Seeing some of the things posted by his family, I think he'll get a hero's welcome for "showing those bitches".  Everyone will tell Polly how he was cheated out of his rightful win by a bunch of ho's and snakes, and how he's too good for the show anyway.  I think Polly, and his family, will feel completely justified for every bit of it.  Sadly, I don't think Polly will learn anything.  He'll go to his grave a self-righteous, misogynistic "good ole boy" and be buried right next to all the men in his family who taught him to be just like them, and the women who put up with them.

• Love 21

Ok, so I got to ask this for people who may understand better, because for some reason I can't visualize this and I can't wait until Wednesday for the answer: when Corey, Paul, James, and others have talked about Paulie taking the veto from Corey and losing respect when he did that, what does that mean exactly? I am totally having a moment where I'm not fully understanding this. Maybe it's because I vaguely remember what this type of veto comp entails. It's been a while though! Just why would people lose respect for Paulie when he took the veto from Corey? 

Yeah, Polly's dad apparently called Natalie a prostitute on some chat.  I don't have a link, just read it.  That apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Cody's very lucky Derrick kept him in check.

BB should remove him.   He admitted lying on his application about his psychiatric issues.  He's refusing to go to jury, tried to DOR, refusing to bake pies, being a complete poor sport, and, he's a hateful misogynist who relishes in attacking women.  It's frankly?  Bullshit he is even still in the house.

Now for a palate cleanser for the lurkers here who only get BBAD.  I love Paul.  I love Victor.  I love Natalie. 

Thank God for them, because this season would have been unbearable without them.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, NeelyOh said:

Really? Did he explain what they were?

He only mentioned "clinical claustrophobia." Clearly, that is the least of his issues. And it's such bullshit to act like the jury house is more claustrophobic than the BB house. The BB house has regular lockdowns where you can't even go outside. The jury house does not, to my knowledge. Knowing him he's likely worried about being suffocated by all the estrogen.

• Love 11

About Paulie refusing to make the pies:  I think he should be ejected from the game.  But, short of that, then at the very least, I think when he gets evicted, IF he has the RT, Big Brother should tell him it's being VOIDED because he didn't do his punishment.  Let him go to the jury, but no RT.  And if he DOESN'T have the RT, then his trip to the jury should be VOIDED -- meaning, go home and cry to your mama.  

In the words of Paul:  "Never cared!"

• Love 11
1 minute ago, NeelyOh said:

Really? Did he explain what they were?

No, just that he lied on the application to BB about seeing a psychiatrist.

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, so I got to ask this for people who may understand better, because for some reason I can't visualize this and I can't wait until Wednesday for the answer: when Corey, Paul, James, and others have talked about Paulie taking the veto from Corey and losing respect when he did that, what does that mean exactly? I am totally having a moment where I'm not fully understanding this. Maybe it's because I vaguely remember what this type of veto comp entails. It's been a while though! Just why would people lose respect for Paulie when he took the veto from Corey? 

It was the kind of VETO where you can take the prizes from others. 

Paulie, after all his big talk about sacrificing himself for Corey, TOOK the VETO prize from Corey.  Which made Vic or Paul need to take it from him, giving up the $5K or Trip since they were the high scorers.  They MIGHT have let Corey keep it, since they want Paulie out anyway, but no way would they let Paulie keep it.  So, I think James won, but Vic told him to keep they money, he'd take the VETO for the win.

Now, they probably wouldn't have let Corey keep it either, but they might have.  Both needed the money.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

He only mentioned "clinical claustrophobia." Clearly, that is the least of his issues. And it's such bullshit to act like the jury house is more claustrophobic than the BB house. The BB house has regular lockdowns where you can't even go outside. The jury house does not, to my knowledge. Knowing him he's likely worried about being suffocated by all the estrogen.

In the jury house they can lounge in the pool all day if they want! It's a million times better.

• Love 12

Natalie is mad at James. James was hanging and talking with Natalie outside. Natalie was sunning with Victor & Michelle. Now, Natalie is ignoring James while talking with Paul in London room. It's like 90210!

• Love 3

Jokers -

Natalie in LBR telling Paul that she's pissed that Corey is talking to James about partying after they get out of the house. Natalie said that it doesn't make it her feel good, and that she is feeling fat at the same time. James gives her a look but doesn't say anything. He then asks her if she is mad at him. She says no, but does not look his way.

I never worry about Nat/James, even when they fight. It just makes it clear that they care about each other way more than Corey/Nicole or Zak/Paulie. It goes to show that their relationship could extend outside of this house because it feels real. Not Nicole's "I don't care if Corey's using me because he's the bestest guy in the whole wide world!". Natalie being mad at James/Corey talking about hanging out after the show and going to meet girls goes to show that she is a little jealous. Their fights are always relatively healthy, because they always make up by the next day. They're also always relatively honest with each other. Sure, James can be a prick sometimes and a coward, but I don't see any evidence that he doesn't support Natalie 100%. 

Paul/James/Natalie thinking about who would go up if Nicorey win HOH. Paul/James convinced that it would be the boys while Natalie thinks she'd go up for sure. I think it would be Natalie/Victor, with Paul as a replacement. They still want James on their side, and I think they assume that they can use Michelle. 

• Love 7