Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

I have not yet, even still, warmed up to this season.  I try to watch the shows, but the only reason to watch is to hear the unvarnished truth in the diary room.  But, the diary room "confessionals" have become a secondary announcer booth.  I don't hear much of value.

One reason the Derrick season was less fun to watch than last year is because we couldn't follow along with what Derrick was thinking.  We weren't in on the action, which is what makes it fun.  I want to know what sly little trick someone's going to pull and see them put it in action.  

Every time I turn on the feeds people are saying the opposite of what they were saying previously.  Since I don't know their intention, I can't tell which ones are the lies and which ones are truth.  That's irritating, and eventually boring.

Right now, I want some shake-up.  Tiffany coming back as HOH sounds good.  Anything that surprises or messes up the houseguest plans makes me happy.  I'm not rooting for anyone at this point, which is very freeing...:)  If James takes some initiative I could root for him.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Frank winning would be a waste because he would just target Day, which is fine with the showmances. Then he's a sitting duck next week. 

Meh. Screw all these people.

I am not sure he would, necessarily.  At some point the vets will realize they have to stick together to make it and Frank may bring that up this week.  Frank is playing to win, he is light on his feet and will align with his best choice for making it another week. I expect him to use the Vet card. Nicole would leap toward that and bring Cody.   I am not so sure James would not flip either and along comes Natalie!  

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I am not sure he would, necessarily.  At some point the vets will realize they have to stick together to make it and Frank may bring that up this week.  Frank is playing to win, he is light on his feet and will align with his best choice for making it another week. I expect him to use the Vet card. Nicole would leap toward that and bring Cody.   I am not so sure James would not flip either and along comes Natalie!  

I agree - I don't think he would either. I think Day just made for an easier target this week because he was trying to get numbers again.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I agree - I don't think he would either. I think Day just made for an easier target this week because he was trying to get numbers again.

This is why I appreciate Frank.  He knows how to play and is working it. Nothing personal. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Frank is light on his feet. I'll give him that. 

If Davonne had any sense she would be trying to mend fences with Frank. But she hasn't been. She's really terrible at this game.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

Frank is light on his feet. I'll give him that. 

If Davonne had any sense she would be trying to mend fences with Frank. But she hasn't been. She's really terrible at this game.

Yes she is and that is an understatement.  Frank will mend the fence for her (if he is HOH).  Just watch. 

• Love 2
(edited)

What does James do for a career/job.  I asked this question earlier but got no response.  Someone mentioned that Derrick's dad is his manager.  

Natalie and James are thinking this is going to be a double eviction.  Not sure what is making them think this.  

Edited by wings707
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What does James do for a career/job.  I asked this question earlier but got no response.  Someone mentioned that Derrick's dad is his manager.  

Natalie and James are thinking this is going to be a double eviction.  Not sure what is making them think this.  

I assume Derrick's dad is his manager for Big Brother related things - organizing events and such. I'm not sure though. But I remember him mentioning they're friends.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 1.26.20 PM.png

I guess our only hope for a change of pace is a Bridgette/Frank HOH - maybe Da'Vonne. Nicole/Corey would definitely try to get Da'Vonne out, Michelle/Z/Paul would probably try to get Frank/Bridgette out. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vicky said:

I have not yet, even still, warmed up to this season.  I try to watch the shows, but the only reason to watch is to hear the unvarnished truth in the diary room.  But, the diary room "confessionals" have become a secondary announcer booth.  I don't hear much of value.

One reason the Derrick season was less fun to watch than last year is because we couldn't follow along with what Derrick was thinking.  We weren't in on the action, which is what makes it fun.  I want to know what sly little trick someone's going to pull and see them put it in action.  

Every time I turn on the feeds people are saying the opposite of what they were saying previously.  Since I don't know their intention, I can't tell which ones are the lies and which ones are truth.  That's irritating, and eventually boring.

Right now, I want some shake-up.  Tiffany coming back as HOH sounds good.  Anything that surprises or messes up the houseguest plans makes me happy.  I'm not rooting for anyone at this point, which is very freeing...:)  If James takes some initiative I could root for him.

I agree. I watch the shows sparingly - I'll watch the Live Show if I'm unsure who's going to leave, but otherwise, if something interesting or different did happen, I might watch a clip.

I'd definitely watch for the Diary Rooms, but, like you said, they're pretty useless. HGs are mostly just explaining to the viewer what's happening onscreen when I really want to know what I can't see! I want to hear what players that don't seem to have an endgame in mind, like Michelle and Paul, are thinking. Is Paul just going with the flow, or does he actually worship at the altar or Paulie? Or even someone like Corey who has both Nicole and Paulie - who is he most loyal to? I think it's Nicole, but I'm not sure. 

As for a shake-up - I'm in! But I'm mostly rooting against almost everyone, which is less freeing and more frustrating!

• Love 3

I am rooting for a shake up, that is all in the moment.  That means Frank or Bridget win HOH.  I can see no other way.  

Boys are getting ready in the bathroom and James cut Cory's hair.  He looks ridiculous in that faux hawk which went out 4+ years ago and wasn't even good back then.  There was a reason it didn't last long. 

• Love 5
(edited)
54 minutes ago, wings707 said:

His occupation on BB is "staff recruiter" not sure what that means though. I could probably go through his Facebook and figure it out.  He did work at a bank for a little while not long ago. 

edit - oh nevermind - he works for a staffing agency called Express Professionals. He was just visiting a bank as part of his job in the photo I was thinking of. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2
(edited)

My hope for something exciting to happen rests with AG.  Surely she doesn't like how this is going down.  For the first time I'm rather fond of her affection for Frank.  So go do something. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Frank's trying once more on Paulie. Again, the conversations just are repeating the same exact shit. I appreciate Frank trying, but it's not going to work at this point. I would really be surprised if it does.

Oh well, they tried. Now, let's just hope things go well while the feeds are down. But just in case, I'm going to prepare for a Zak or Nicole HOH, and Natalie, Frank, and Bridgette up on the block with Victor back in the house by the time the feeds return tomorrow night. Always prepare for the worst! 

• Love 6

Yeah, so Paul's giving Paulie a haircut. Zakiyah looks unamused, James and Natalie are trying to make the best of it, and I'm just laughing at the pictures on Twitter that are slowly emerging of the Paul-cut. 

(edited)

I am not preparing for the worst but I respect your right to do so.  I will also join in any whining, pouting or stomping of the feet if you are correct.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
Just now, wings707 said:

I am not preparing for the worst but I respect your right to do so.  I will also join in any whining, pouting of  stomping of the feet if you are correct.  

Trust me, I wish the worst didn't have to happen. But I was unprepared for a Paulie HOH and it got me really riled up all evening. I really, really hope you don't have to join me in this.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Umm.. they turned on her within minutes of "saving" her. They saved her just as a FU to Frank. Paulie won the HOH and as soon as they walked back into the house he was telling everyone that Tiffany was his target and that she was going up on the block. Then everyone proceeded to walk out of rooms the second she entered (after they had been doing this for the past 2 weeks). She got upset because she had been trying to convince herself that her alliance actually wanted her there, until she finally realized that they didn't and that she was actually supposed to leave & it wasn't until last minute that they saved her, then to top it off Frank flat out told her that she was the target this week & that Paulie wants her out.

Huh?  When Tiffany found out the house had duped Frank, she confronted him as to why she was his target - and that's when they had the big blow-up in front of everyone.  The others proceeded to walk out, because after witnessing what went on, they now said they regretted saving her.  The move to switch the votes wasn't just a FU to Frank.  They also said that Tiffany would not go after them - compared to Bronte. 

• Love 5
(edited)

No one can accuse Frank of not trying his hardest to keep Tiff. If not for Paulie and his "bredforthis" single mindedness, Day would be the one leaving tonight.

ETA: Z's face while Paulie's hair is being cut is priceless.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 4
(edited)

Fantasy.  Day survives, wins HOH and Paulie goes.  Derrick and Cody would not be pleased. :^)  Oh for a camera on that one.  I am entertaining myself here. 

Paul cut Paulie's hair just like his.  good god. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
On July 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, wings707 said:

Nashville,  I consider myself tuned to this sort of thing but I don't get the flashback comment. 

Put it this way - no guy wants his girlfriend calling him "Flash".  Ever.  ;>

On July 20, 2016 at 5:13 AM, mooses said:

Paulie has no power anymore!

Er - in this specific set of circumstances, Paulie has ONE power still left in his bag of tricks - the HoH's power to break a tie vote.

As for the quoted text below (which the FUCKING EDITOR REFUSES TO LET ME MOVE UP OR PUT A LINE AFTER) - Dunno.  My original expectation was a repeat of the wall comp they did a few years ago with the buybacks competing in the HoH comp with the HGs; last buyback standing became the returnee and continued in the HoH comp for a shot at HoH.  This "tune in Friday" crap, however, would seem to belie that as an option.

4 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Many people are speculating that the winner of the Battle Back will actually be the HOH.

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Put it this way - no guy wants his girlfriend calling him "Flash".  Ever.  ;>

Okay, that was obtuse, no wonder this didn't leap to mind.  ;^)

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh man Paulie's hair looks so bad! I almost feel bad for him. But like why in the world would you let Paul cut your hair?!

Oh man. That haircut. I guess Paul is trying to clone himself within the House now. 

It'd be great if this is what makes the HGs realize these two are too close.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, escape said:

Huh?  When Tiffany found out the house had duped Frank, she confronted him as to why she was his target - and that's when they had the big blow-up in front of everyone.  The others proceeded to walk out, because after witnessing what went on, they now said they regretted saving her.  The move to switch the votes wasn't just a FU to Frank.  They also said that Tiffany would not go after them - compared to Bronte. 

Paulie right after the live show ended is in the Safari room with Frank and a few other people he says that he's putting Tiffany up on the block and he wants her out, and then tells other people that the reason why we kept her was to piss Frank off and to win HOH she did neither so she's leaving. So it wouldn't of mattered if she did or didn't blow up at all she was Paulie's #1 Target. 

• Love 3
Just now, Umbelina said:

Paulie is turning into Paul.  The beard, the hair.  I think he's chosen his preferred final two.

Soon as he starts saying "Friendship," I'm outta here.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, J.D. said:

Maybe Zak won't think he's cute anymore and that'll be the end to their one-sided showmance.

I don't think Z is shallow like that, is she?  

Riiiiiight?

• Love 2
(edited)

Big Brother ‏@CBSBigBrother 

Don’t miss @JulieChen reveal a game-changing element on tomorrow's special #BBAfterShow!

Ginger Pascoe ‏@GingerPascoe  Jul 9

@HeathLuman Just throw us a cookie some other time to make up for all the downtime on Friday :) #BB18

Heath Luman ‏@HeathLuman  Jul 9

@GingerPascoe Some stuff in the future that should make feeds more interesting

Old tweets, but I really, REALLY hope something makes this season more interesting.  "game CHANGING."

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
(edited)

These reactions are my favorite thing on the feeds this season! Especially because I can enjoy them while keeping the feeds on mute.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 3.22.15 PM.png

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Nicole/Tiffany are determined to talk to Paulie/Michelle. They really only need one more vote, but it's not coming from Michelle, not three hours before the eviction. 

Paulie's haircut is horrifying. 

Nicole told James/Natalie that she's going to let her know an hour before eviction. I assume Nicole is keeping up the charade until then.

BTW: What is everyone's thoughts on RK staying? I'm on the fence. I kind of want it to stay even after teams end because it has the potential to be a way for HGs to pull a move they want to do but are scared to, but it also has the potential to just be another way to keep the Big Alliance in power.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It'd be different thing if the showmances were gameplay, but I don't believe they are. Nicole and Z have admitted they're not. They both initially acted like they were gonna use the boys for game, but they 'fell in love.' LOL.

I don't think the boys got the message.  My (admittedly limited) impression has been they are all about the game - the girls are just benefits on their way to the win. 

15 minutes ago, mooses said:

Oh man. That haircut. I guess Paul is trying to clone himself within the House now. 

@mooses I almost had to get a new keyboard reading this while drinking coffee!  Thanks for the laugh. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, credit to Tiff, she's not giving up.

I almost think Tiffany had a better chance of staying if she had just played dead like last week - Nicole/Corey were already thinking about keeping her and she probably wouldn't have lost Michelle and Da'Vonne. But I don't blame her for turning the tables after realizing everyone was against her.

Plus, her strategic word vomit may have been bad for her, but it was great for us. Play Dead Tiffany is so much worse than Give No F*cks Tiffany.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Well, the feeds are now down. We won't find out for another three hours, although I think we all know Tiffany's leaving. 

I will absolutely say that I'm so proud of Tiffany. She went from wanting to self evict for almost getting the votes to stay and leaving as a fighter. Kudos to her. Also kudos to Frank, who managed to become even more likeable than Paulie this week. Also, half kudos to Corey, who kept Nicole's head straight with wanting to keep Tiffany and also helping out. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Props to Tiffany for fighting til the very last minute. If she does end up leaving tonight, we all know she's going to fight her hardest to get back into that house during the Battle Back comp. 

I'm rooting for a Bridgette HOH. What is wrong with me? Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 6
(edited)

Someone elsewhere was speccing that the 'game-changing element' Julie is going to announce tomorrow is the end of teams. I could see that. I think it's pretty likely the teams will be ending and I could see them hyping that to be more than it is. I mean don't get me wrong I'll be pleased as punch when teams end, but I'd hardly call it a 'game-changing element' lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4