Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Super Fupa

Terry operates on a cancer survivor whose gynecologist performed her tummy tuck; a woman who has been teased about her nose since childhood undergoes reconstructive rhinoplasty; and a Brazilian "human doll" consults the doctors after botched chest implants leave him looking less than perfect.

Super fupa was a good story. Brazilian doll with too much makeup,  seemed more intelligent than the California doll who designed his own surgeries.  

The lady with the witch nose looked very natural after the fix,  albeit still big,  but it was ok. She needed therapy for sure for her victim mentality.  

• Love 1

I think the best thing on this episode was Terry's comment that sometimes the best procedure is the surgery you choose not to have.  Too bad more people don't seriously consider that line of thought, but then I guess this show wouldn't exist and Terry wouldn't have a huge mansion!  I don't always like him, but I respected him for making that comment.

• Love 2

I don't like Dr. Terry, but I did enjoy his "not the first time at the living doll rodeo" remark. And we've seen others on the show, so we know it's true. That is probably a little bit crushing for these "unique individuals", to hear that they aren't the first or only, just the latest, living dolls. Although the Puerto Rican (I think) Superman was found dead last year, I believe.

If you hang out in the threads for RuPaul's Drag Race, you know I'm a fan of the show and many of the cast members. On Youtube, in one of the bits where Alaska Thunderf*ck 5000 is answering viewers' questions, she answers one question about whether it's true that she had a couple ribs removed to be thinner. She answers,"Yes, I had all of them removed!" Which I just love. But seriously, no one should be removing ribs.

• Love 1

I felt bad for the nose lady, especially when she kept talking about her amazingly gorgeous family. If they truly were like "you're so pretty but" to her, they sound like jerks. Then they show the family at the end and I guess there were the two brothers and one was completely busted looking, I was really surprised. Like his nose was bonkers, and even at the reveal the other brother to her was like "check out the schnoz!" Man, I'm glad she got her physically damaging stuff fixed but she needs some therapy.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, vinnieprice said:

Then they show the family at the end and I guess there were the two brothers and one was completely busted looking, I was really surprised. Like his nose was bonkers, and even at the reveal the other brother to her was like "check out the schnoz!"

The two brothers were not gorgeous, beautiful, or even good looking. Her nose looked more "normal" afterwards in that it wasn't all pinched with cartilage about to poke out, but the end result was more a functional than esthetic improvement. But I often think the nose jobs have unimpressive results.

Tummy tucks, OTOH, are always a dramatic improvement. I didn't quite understand how the woman's navel could be resurrected if it was "dead," which connotes necrotic tissue to me, but I'll have to take her word that it didn't smell any more.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, lordonia said:

The two brothers were not gorgeous, beautiful, or even good looking. Her nose looked more "normal" afterwards in that it wasn't all pinched with cartilage about to poke out, but the end result was more a functional than esthetic improvement. But I often think the nose jobs have unimpressive results.

Tummy tucks, OTOH, are always a dramatic improvement. I didn't quite understand how the woman's naval could be resurrected if it was "dead," which connotes necrotic tissue to me, but I'll have to take her word that it didn't smell any more.

I thought chef brother was very handsome.  Real world, chunky man handsome, but still. Very attractive.  That other one though?! Busted. Him and the patient clearly had the same nose, but things that are acceptable on men, don't always work well on women's faces. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Although the Puerto Rican (I think) Superman was found dead last year, I believe.

It was the Bieber lookalike. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tobias-strebel-dead-botched-justin-bieber-1201579393/

WRT the nose job woman, she kept saying all her family members were great looking.  While I thought her chef brother looked OK, her other brother had an equally jacked up nose, so I didn't see any proof in her statement. 

• Love 1

Thanks, Lizzing, the extreme plastic surgery to look like someone else cases all run together.

Yeah, her brother had her old nose, but as Watermelon pointed out it looks ok on a man. I guess she was happy not to have the tip with all the cartiledge trying to poke through, and to be able to breath and have a sense of smell. I do think some therapy would be a good next step for her.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:00 AM, lordonia said:

Agreed that her family was no great shakes, and she could use some help on the inside as well. She's been very attractive all the way along!

I think because a "botched" nose job is often too small/not functional, he's more often making them bigger, like he said to her, "If it comes out wider, but works better, is that OK with you?" Which is interesting, because I agree with you, the results often look unimpressive when Nassif is done with them. 

I thought the new nose looked terrible, way too big for her face. I felt really bad for her, but she seemed to like it, which surprised me because I assume that's what her original nose looked like. 

• Love 4

The problem with showing nose jobs is it often takes a year for all of the swelling to go down and the final shape  to be seen.  She will still have a prominent nose, but it won't look as wide when it settles in.  And she no longer has a drooping tip.  She is quite pretty. From the way she spoke of her family, I expected them to be really good looking. Yeah, no.  They were okay looking.  Sounds like they were just terrible to her growing up.  I had a large nose and one of my brothers made comments about it throughout my childhood.  He would have had the same nose except he broke his when he was five and most of the cartilage was removed.  It will mess with your head. 

The reveal for the tummy tuck person was silly.  Of course her family had seen her before the big reveal.  This show is ridiculous in setting these things up.  Did she wear a muumuu for a month or something? 

• Love 6

I agree that her nose after surgery wasn't great, but she seemed to like her previous nose except for the cartilage poking through.  Everyone has their own definition of beauty and that woman seemed to think long and thin is beautiful so, she ended up with someone long and a little bit wider than she had before.  I think she would have looked better when a shorter nose -- it would fit her face better.  As long as she likes it though...

• Love 1

Agreed -- I was kind of taken aback by the "after" nose, but I tuned in almost at the end so I didn't really see the "before". Glad she's happy anyway! The former Miss Egypt (or whatever) -- that the best nose "after" I've ever seen on this show.