Type keyword(s) to search

Frequency - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The last-second appearance of The Nightingale outside Raimy's house smacks of a bid for renewal, but without the Magic Ham radio....

Oh, and it's Signal Loss... rather abruptly indicated by the smashing of tubes/valves in "the ham", as it hit the floor.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Court said:

So, Stan is dead? 

And the real Nightingale is still alive?

1 hour ago, Court said:

Thanks, I should really pay better attention.

Me too! Stan is dead? I thought he was too evil to die from a measly gun shot wound. I guess I should've seen it coming when they revealed he was using his ill-gotten gains to pay for care for his elderly father so he could die redeemed — "a good death" perhaps?

• Love 1

The wrap up gave some closure but also was confusing at the same time.  I loved the movie and I really wanted to love the show.  It wasn't awful but with some of the scenes being so dark, it was more confusing than it needed to be. 

Shame I didn't feel more satisfied by the ending.

• Love 1

I live for 90s nostalgia, 

I'm older than I thought. I didn't realize that was a thing. To me the 90s were yesterday, the 70s were just a few years ago, the 60s are vivid and I even remember a few things from the 50s. I've gotten through a few episodes of this show, saw the movie several years ago, I remember that Dennis Quaid was in it and it involved ham radio and father/son communication across time. I may have to find and rewatch the movie. I liked the pilot, but I've had some problems with attention since. Watching on Netflix. I am so not CW demographics. I'm kind of confused about the relationship with the next door neighbor boy.

• Love 1

Their master plan is to buy the most suspicious combination of things anyone can get from a hardware store, steal barbiturates from a hospital dispensary that very likely has cameras on it, kidnap the deacon using Frank's own police vehicle, and steal from the church to make it look like the deacon up and started a new life somewhere with $1,000 in ones...when Frank can just bust in, shoot the guy (hopefully not with his own police handgun) and rough up the house to look like a home invasion, all with time to spare to make it to Raimy's recital.

And Raimy just assumes her father will pull off their plan, so she murders the suspect with witnesses everywhere for her own satisfaction, and then gets upset with Frank when she's stuck in the trouble she got herself in.

These two...

Anybody else get the impression that right after Julie consummates her relationship with Coach Tom, he's feeling that he just had an incredible, moving experience and she's just sort of laying there, not particularly impressed?

It's like he thought he hit a grand slam and she thought he got a bunt single.

1 hour ago, Lebanna said:

I can only say I'm glad this horrible family will not be back.

As a ham radio operator, I regret the lost opportunity for them to portray that great hobby in a positive light.  But the atrocious acting, plot-lines and dialogue really leave little alternative to putting this poor beast out of it's misery.   And it isn't like they were paying anything more than lip-service to the ham radio theme anyway...

• Love 2
On 08.05.2017 at 0:21 AM, Lebanna said:

I mean, we knew it was cancelled, but now it's officially cancelled.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/08/frequency-no-tomorrow-cancelled-the-cw-no-season-2/

Sadly, I can only say I'm glad this horrible family will not be back.

The Netflix magic didn't work on this radio, amirite?

But yeah, the show was terrible, the characters were uncharismatic douchebags, and the plot went nowhere very quickly.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey!

Just watched a short (3:34) epilogue to this season.  Not sure when it came out, but I only just saw it.  I'm telling myself it was a post-cancellation farewell, and if it was, I appreciate it.

PS:  Maybe that short "epilogue" was the Closure on the digital side we heard about?

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Snarkette said:

The epilogue made little sense with regard to where they left us but it was full of heart. 

I guess it makes sense to do that considering how the movie ended.  I suppose season two would have been spent working towards the same goal and they just shortened it down to one minute?

Aw, that epilogue. I found it through a youtube video, that posted a link to the CW site, and then corrected it to a Vimeo link, when the first one was removed.