Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Mouth of the South

• Start Topic

On 5/7/2016 at 0:02 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe they should start a charity for people who are obsessed with poop. 

Let me get this straight, did Brandi and I'm blanking on the other one drive 4 hours to her parents house and 4 hours back for dinner?  I thought maybe they'd spend the night. Those poor kids and by extension poor moms having to be cooped up with them like that. 

I wonder what these "society women" think of Leann not being married to her boyfriend she lives with. I bet there is talk that she can hook 'em but not reel them in and he's holding out for something better. I think she's jealous that most of the other girls are married. 

I am pretty sure they spent the night, they were wearing different clothes when they left.

• Love 1

Ok, if the Potomac show was supposed to be based on etiquette and Dallas on charity...........who in their right minds thought that those were good or interesting topics for a reality tv show?  I'm so sick of hearing about the charity world. 

Leeanne knew she could never get into 'high society' so she's doing the next best thing, being a clinger-on by being the charity organizer.  I'm guessing she does all of the shit work (aka the stuff that isn't "fun") that the really big society dames do not want or don't have time to do.  She's almost at the level of a personal assistant, but because she doesn't technically work for any of the high society people, she's probably a notch above the hired help.  She's most certainly not in the inner circles of high society.  Leeanne probably doesn't care as she's glad just to be included in any way, shape or form.  The thirst is real.   Leeanne is so concerned that anything will take away from that precarious perch she's on or on her quest for fame and notoriety.  I think part of her holier than thou act is just that - an act.  She can say oh see how much I value the charity/society people.  I'm not like the other typical reality tv stars, while being a reality tv "star".  She is very calculating.  Not a fan at all.

Brandi is a sad little person.  I think she had the goal of being a DCC, then wife and mother.  Nothing is going to measure up to her glory years as a DCC, plus she's got a non-interested husband, so she's probably battling some sort of depression.  The whole poop hat was a way to steal or be in the spotlight again. 

There had to have been more interesting women in Dallas than this group.  There's no one that interesting or anyone I am rooting for on this show.

• Love 4

Yes, I agree, she looks like Carrot Top especially the eyebrows!

Brandi is a classic Seinfeld two-face. Sometimes she is gorgeous. Sometimes not so much. Fergie is another. Maybe it is the eyebrows, because they both have them. They naturally look like they've been pulled up too tight.

• Love 1

Also, I don't know why people keep saying people have to be born into the society world.  This isn't Game of Thrones where one of the only ways to get ahead is having a king's blood in you.  Money and connections talk, I don't know that people care so much who your parents are. Sure it can matter, but it isn't even close to being the only way in.

I know. It's as if these people watched a couple of PBS shows about the aristocracy and use that as their jumping off point about society and charity.  It's commerce that makes the big money and provides the bulk of the cash that charities collect. And the heads of commerce usually have desperate, hard-scrabble backgrounds which led them to persevere and build companies that, by chance, succeeded to the point where they have millions and can now give back.  But they are not silver spoon types from the start.

Now there are still the descendants of those old names that America was built on floating around, but those peole have nothing to gain by showing up at a cocktail party in a neon, sequined dress at 4:30 in the afternoon and drinking "champs." Those old money descendants do not even have to try.  They have their causes and they write their checks.  

The charities that LeAnne is working for must be piddly things. The real prestige charities in most cities solicit the men for their donations, and the wives usually have a women's board, where they do one or two projects a year. The stuff LeAnne is working with attracts the suburban ladder-climbers.

I think part of that is that the young kids add to the organic feel of the show, since they're really not old enough to "turn it on" for the cameras -- or, even if they are (Milania Giudice), they don't appear to be doing that very much on this show

I agree. Plus, the fact that it's in its first year no one has yet come up with a product to shill.  

Every mother of young kids I know talks about wine and their love of wine.  It's a thing now.

What is with this? I attribute it to the growth of all those wood blocks with quotes on them that are all the hot thing nowadays in gift stores.  But what is with Brandi and Stephanie drinking wine even on the trampoline? And I also thought I noticed that the kids were out in the pool unsupervised with the adults all in the house at Brandi's family gathering. 

But the funniest part was Stephanie reaching for the baby dressed like a boy down to the little bow tie, and talked about how adorable "she" was.

I didn't even catch that she called a he baby a she. I was too busy laughing at how tacky the baby looked. I can tell everything I need to know about a woman's taste by the way she dresses her babies.  

I feel sorry for Brandi. She's a little crazy but she's kind of funny. I can't make any excuses for her husband. He's rude. He agreed to the cameras being in the house, but he walks in to the party as if he wants nothing to do with his wife or her new found family. He seems very selfish to me and lacking in basic manners.  It's his house, he should be making everyone there feel comfortable, welcome and wanted.  I actually think Brandi can do way better than him. 

The wine thing is confusing to me as well.  All the mothers in my social circle talk about wine as if it is the only thing keeping their lives in balance.  I'm not much of a drinker so I just don't get it.  I mean it isn't as if wine is CHEESE for heaven's sake! ;)

• Love 1

I have not had time to read all the replies so forgive me if this is a repeat, but did anyone notice how Stephanie was slightly mouthing what Leanne was about to say to her when she was screaming in her face after the wine glass throw?  I watched it a couple of times and I am convinced that they set that scene up.  Of course, I think most of the scenes on reality shows are set up but this was quite evident.  Stephanie is not a good enough actor to pull off that scene.

I don't know what is going on with Brandi and her husband but that was a horrible scene to watch.  I do think that was real and her husband is a dickhead and just needs to leave the damn marriage if he is that unhappy. 

• Love 1

I watched the fight between LeAnne and Brandi again.  I think LeAnne feels that women like Brandi and Stephanie live charmed lives and she, LeAnne has had a hard life and these women don't know what hard life means.  That is probably true, but what I have discovered is when you talk to people who have seemingly charmed lives, you find out that all that glitters really isn't gold.   I think that's happening with Brandi.

I don't think Brandi's husband is a dickhead.  I think both of them got together when they were very young and right now they're just very different people and I don't think they understand each other at all.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Brandi's husband is a dickhead.  I think both of them got together when they were very young and right now they're just very different people and I don't think they understand each other at all.  

Speaking as someone who married her high school sweetheart I can confirm that yep, sometimes, no matter how much love there has been, you end up years later as people who aren't meant to be together.  After all you really have no idea at 16/17 what kind of person you are going to be in your mid-30s.

I am also not prepared to call Bryan a complete dickhead based on the BBQ behavior but I will say that, whether or not  Brandi pissed him off by dancing with a stripper, he did seem unnecessarily cruel to her in those scenes.