Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Mouth of the South

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Brandi seemed more loving with Stephanie's family than Stephanie.  Stephanie also seems a little disconnected from her own children.

I was only half paying attention, as RHOD has bored me to tears so far, but the impression I got was that Stephanie almost seems like she thinks she is "too cool" for the folks back home in small-town Coweta, OK, now that she's married to a guy with money (or who supposedly has money) and is living in the big city. It was as if she was only gracing them with her presence as part of filming for this show. Her family, esp. her dad, all spoke with Oklahoma accents, but she has adopted some weird sort of yeahhhh-like-wow Valley Girl/teenager accent that doesn't match up with where she's from or how the rest of her family talks. 

• Love 4

I need to see Brandy's birth certificate--I refuse to believe she's in her 30s, she acts like she belongs working in  Hot Topics at the mall after class.  She is rude, crude and a {PLEASE forgive me} a shit-stirrer.  Her room temperature IQ is as annoying as her baby talk. Her husband may have money, but that idiot is so devoid of class and common sense it's frightening to think she's responsible  for two little girls.  I hope her husband sees her onscreen and dumps her dumb ass, taking the girls with him.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, One More Time said:

I need to see Brandy's birth certificate--I refuse to believe she's in her 30s, she acts like she belongs working in  Hot Topics at the mall after class.  She is rude, crude and a {PLEASE forgive me} a shit-stirrer.  Her room temperature IQ is as annoying as her baby talk. Her husband may have money, but that idiot is so devoid of class and common sense it's frightening to think she's responsible  for two little girls.  I hope her husband sees her onscreen and dumps her dumb ass, taking the girls with him.

Seriously?  You think she deserves her children taken from her?  And her children deserve to live with a man who needs a rabbit thrown in his face to gain his attention?  That's pretty extreme.

• Love 11

I think the kids were just being kids with throwing the bunny on him while he was napping.  I can't speak on his parenting skills, because he hasn't been featured on the show much.  Yet,  Brandi doesn't seem like a stellar parent, since she talks about wanting to be drunk all the time and likes to pull childish pranks to antagonize people.

• Love 3

Hello, everyone.  I think I'm just watching this because I'm going to give up on Jersey and nature abhors a Housewife vacuum.

Coming to ask if I need my eyeglasses prescription cranked up or did Brandi look like she was concealing a pregnancy under that flannel shirt in several shots?  I know they edit out of sequence, so the fact that she didn't look pregnant in some other scenes might not mean anything.  Anyway, I hope she's not--that doesn't seem like the kind of marriage you'd want to bring another baby into.

• Love 4

In my continued contemplation of the cosmetic atrocities of this show, I noticed this week that Stephanie -- from afar seems like maybe the most normal looking one -- but up close, there's something really disturbingly uncanny valley about her face. I think it's a combination of plastic surgery and really off-putting colored contacts...? It really kinda stresses me out!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I did laugh at Stephanie's sister explaining that while they didn't have Uber they have AAA, and if you're too drunk you just call them and have them tow you home!

I really had to admire the genius. I tuned out the next 10 minutes or so thinking about the logistics! "You'd have to be sober enough to pull off a halfway professional demeanor with AAA and/or the tow company, but drunk enough to go to such extremes...and how many free tows do you get, are they unlimited...? Are you just having them tow you home instead of a shop, wouldn't they be suspicious at some point....? (and the next thing I knew, the episode was half over)

• Love 6

They did not know it was for the Real Housewives franchise until after they had shot all of their footage and went to shoot the opener holding the stars that they were told it was RHOD.

This HAS to be bullshit (on their part, not yours) - there's absolutely no way they wouldn't know what they were shooting for! But like, WHY LIE ABOUT THAT. Just to play up their "cute" ditziness?! Weird.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Hello, everyone.  I think I'm just watching this because I'm going to give up on Jersey and nature abhors a Housewife vacuum.

Coming to ask if I need my eyeglasses prescription cranked up or did Brandi look like she was concealing a pregnancy under that flannel shirt in several shots?  I know they edit out of sequence, so the fact that she didn't look pregnant in some other scenes might not mean anything.  Anyway, I hope she's not--that doesn't seem like the kind of marriage you'd want to bring another baby into.

She's also drinking alcohol most of the time.  Sure hope she's not pregnant.  

3 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

In my continued contemplation of the cosmetic atrocities of this show, I noticed this week that Stephanie -- from afar seems like maybe the most normal looking one -- but up close, there's something really disturbingly uncanny valley about her face. I think it's a combination of plastic surgery and really off-putting colored contacts...? It really kinda stresses me out!

She also does something odd with her eyes in her THs. They seem to roll around almost independent of each other.  It freaks me out a little.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

I really had to admire the genius. I tuned out the next 10 minutes or so thinking about the logistics! "You'd have to be sober enough to pull off a halfway professional demeanor with AAA and/or the tow company, but drunk enough to go to such extremes...and how many free tows do you get, are they unlimited...? Are you just having them tow you home instead of a shop, wouldn't they be suspicious at some point....? (and the next thing I knew, the episode was half over)

Number of tows depends on the membership level. Basic was 4/year when I worked there. Plus level was unlimited up to 100 miles.

9 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

This HAS to be bullshit (on their part, not yours) - there's absolutely no way they wouldn't know what they were shooting for! But like, WHY LIE ABOUT THAT. Just to play up their "cute" ditziness?! Weird.

They actually did that with RHoNy as well according to Bethenny.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

I believe the show was initially pitched as an insider's look at the Dallas charity world, but it then became a RH franchise.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, One More Time said:

I am SO stealing borrowing "room temperature IQ"!   ;-)

• Love 10
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Seriously?  You think she deserves her children taken from her?  And her children deserve to live with a man who needs a rabbit thrown in his face to gain his attention?  That's pretty extreme.

Yea, Bryan (or whatever the fuck his name is) seems pretty checked out in regards to both his wife AND daughters....and the pets as well. I think he just goes through the motions when he's home and can't wait to get back to travelling. Brandi has complained of being alone a lot. With a schedule like he has, how is he going to care for the girls anyway, if they split? Brandi may be immature and ditzy, but she seems loving and involved with her kids. Also, if she's really so dumb that she needs her kids taken from her, but he's been entrusting them to her care all these years, what does that say about HIS concern for their welfare?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alison said:

I believe the show was initially pitched as an insider's look at the Dallas charity world, but it then became a RH franchise.

So there's hope that a second season will focus on things other than the word charity?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Alison said:

That's what I've read as well.  And that Potomac was pitched as a show about etiquette, which explains the obsession with that word on that show.

• Love 2

I just want to say, I clicked on the link to the Previously.tv breakdown of the episode, and at first only the top half of Leeanne's face (from the eyes up) was visible on my browser, and I was confused as to why they were using a photo of Mindy Kaling for this show.  Leeanne needs to BACK. AWAY. from the bronzer.  Far away.  Like, call AAA and get a tow truck to drive you far, far away.  

Also, I'm still really confused about what she does for a living and how it relates to all of her charities.  Is she an event planner?  I didn't see the WWHL with her; did she address it there?

To me, this show is an interesting hybrid of simultaneously being a throwback to what was once great about these housewives shows and an embodiment of everything trite and terrible they have become.  On the one hand, throwback elements: Brandi and Stephanie seem to have a "real" friendship, and I like seeing scenes of them with their families (like Brandi getting her kids ready in the morning) that do not seem overly staged.  I think part of that is that the young kids add to the organic feel of the show, since they're really not old enough to "turn it on" for the cameras -- or, even if they are (Milania Giudice), they don't appear to be doing that very much on this show.  On the other hand, the adults are *so* aware of the cameras and the confrontations are *so* staged/hackneyed/boring it's like they're just picking vignettes out of the Real Housewives playbook at this point (Throw a glass? Check!  Accuse a friend of not "having your back"? Check!).  And that's tiresome and dull.

Oh also, one thing I will say for Leeanne is that at least she doesn't pretend to have more money than she actually has (*cough* OC Housewives *cough cough* Jersey Housewives), even if she think she has more class than she actually has.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

I see others have mentioned that Potomac and NY were the same setup (not knowing they were RH franchises)  I wanted to also point out that Miami was originally billed to them as a supper club type group reality show -- thus all of the first season shows were built around a dinner party hosted by each woman.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

The Real Housewives franchise has been known to do that quite a bit actually.

I thought it was a poop-free episode…then Brandi spoke.  Dammit.  At least her children are cute, though they should not know what wine tastes or smells like.

Stephanie's family made me laugh.  And I liked that Brandi wants a relationship with her grandfather after spending time with them.

I'd never use "charity" as a drinking game word with this show.  I'd be dead ten minutes in.

• Love 2

Stephanie is the only tolerable one of the group and so far, this entire show and cast are piggy backing on a storyline that's about someone wearing shit on their hat. 

What's interesting to me is that Stephanie was the genesis of the problems that have arisen between LeeAnne and Brandi. The description for episode one talks about Stephanie being dragged into a feud between Brandi and LeeAnne at the charity event. But the feud wouldn't have gotten started if Stephanie hadn't told LeeAnne that Brandi liked to do imitations of her. Stephanie had had lunch with LeeAnne and told her that Brandi did these funny impressions. Then a bit later (next day?) she got together with Brandi and mentioned "oh by the way I told LeeAnne that you do impressions of her" and Brandi got a sick look on her face and seemed like she wanted to smack Stephanie (totally understandable). Then the charity event happened and LeeAnne confronted Brandi and insisted that she do her impression of LeeAnne. Brandi was smart enough to not bite and didn't do it, but then of course they had their talk "to settle things" and they were off. 

Not to say they wouldn't have been battling anyway - this is a HW's show after all - but Stephanie for all her bursting into tears because she can't stand the conflict, is actually the pot-stirrer who got it all going.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2016 at 0:07 AM, ToukieSmith said:

LeeAnne looked good on WWHL.  Straight hair softens her face and makes her look younger.  Her makeup looked good too.  She should have been mortified looking at that clip of her acting like a fool.  I don't want to know how much money would make me act like an idiot on TV.

Stephanie's family seems nice.  All of that makeup she wears makes her look older than she is.  Travis does not seem like the generous type.  I hope Stephanie is smart enough to squirrel her Bravo salary away for her own use.

People like Cary get on my nerves.  I hate when people go through Yoga poses as if there is some sort of competition.  She has amazing flexibility, but I did not see one beautifully executed pose.   Then again, that may have been one of those flow classes wherein its more important to flow from one pose to another than to actually hold the pose and breathe through it.

Totally agree on all.  

I also love how when Cary's husband went to kiss her, she looked absolutely disgusted?

18 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

They'll tow you where ever you like as long as it's within a certain mile range. 

On 5/3/2016 at 3:59 PM, RachelRhae73 said:

I've been watching this from the start, and as everyone else has said before, the Poop talk needs to end, one maybe two times it might be funny, but every freaking episode and in every scene, ridiculous... if the production team "encourages" these ladies to stir the pot, I hope they "encourage" them to stop the potty talk.

Lee Ann's life revolves around charities, we get it and just like the poop talk I could use one episode without hearing the word Charity, but at the same time the other ladies know how serious she takes her "job" , leave her be, but then again there wouldn't be a show if they did.

The clips I saw of her and Tiffany at her house relaxing by the pool were the most likable to me, I could get behind that Lee Ann.

I get a very Mean Girl vibe off the trio Cary, Brandi, and Stephanie when they are together, and Cary is the instigator, that woman has no scruples and lives to make fun of people, husband included and I wouldn't put it past her to do it toward your kid too.

I grew up around extended family that always made little sarcastic comments about weight, looks, money... you'd be surprised how that crap sneaks up on you later as an adult.

Brandi is an immature baby talking woman, no amount of tears makes her likable to me because I feel she is seeking whatever kind of attention she can get. 

Will have to come back and finish this later... lunch break is over. 

Amen on the mean girl theory.  

I think Brandi's identity is so completely tied with being fawned over as a Cowboy's cheerleader -- remember, this was her life ambition -- that she never grew in other areas in her life.    And she probably thought that wealth and motherhood was going to fulfill her and it doesn't.  And while her husband seems disconnected to her, I also don't see some great love on her part for him.  Wasn't her "love story" with him about how she basically used him to make some other guy jealous? Now I know this was during her teens, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was just the guy that was always there for her  -- her bounceback guy.  I wouldn't be surprised if she had flings with multiple football players and when they didn't work out, she was back with him,  And he probably didn't mind because he was oh so proud to show off his DCC.  Now that she's removed from that and her adolescence is still stunted, he finds her vacuous.

On her family, why does it take an appearance on a reality show to get to know your grandfather?  That seems dubious to me.  Not that she isn't legitmately upset at not having a connection, but it just seems odd that you're 36 years old, pop on a reality show and suddenly you are pursuing relationships.

Cary, I just don't like her.  She is so full of herself.  It would not surprise me one bit if her relationship was really one of convenience for both of them.  She looks every bit as repulsed to kiss him now as when I assume he had moobs.  And his bizarre interest in her fashion makes me think there's much more going on there.  I think she loves the money, the status, and I'm sure also the work.  She seems to enjoy that aspect (good for her). But in general, she's not as hot as she thinks she is.

Tiffany.  Holy hell woman.  Ease up on the fillers on your forehead.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

On her family, why does it take an appearance on a reality show to get to know your grandfather?  That seems dubious to me.  Not that she isn't legitmately upset at not having a connection, but it just seems odd that you're 36 years old, pop on a reality show and suddenly you are pursuing relationships.

As was stated on the show, Brandi grew up believing that her grandfather disowned her mother when she became pregnant at 15.  It was only when the man sent Easter gifts to her daughter's that she found out that instead of being disowned, her mother cut off all contact with her father when her parents got divorced.  When Brandi learned that, and that he wanted a relationship with her, she called to thank him for the presents and to talk and "meet" him.

It doesn't seem, at least the way it has been presented on the show, that she initiated anything just for the show.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

As was stated on the show, Brandi grew up believing that her grandfather disowned her mother when she became pregnant at 15.  It was only when the man sent Easter gifts to her daughter's that she found out that instead of being disowned, her mother cut off all contact with her father when her parents got divorced.  When Brandi learned that, and that he wanted a relationship with her, she called to thank him for the presents and to talk and "meet" him.

It doesn't seem, at least the way it has been presented on the show, that she initiated anything just for the show.

I'm just always a little suspect because it seems like there are a lot of these broken family members coming back together as a storyline.  She seemed genuine, so it probably isn't something that was saved for the cameras.  It's just a bizarre thing to keep from your daughter!

A bizarre thing to keep from your kid?  I'd say.

But you know, the older I get the more times I hear downright odd family stories.  Like, long time family secrets.  My ex- mother-in-law found out in her late 50s that the father she detested for divorcing her mother (and marrying the mother's best friend) had claimed her younger sister as his own even though the mother had had an affair and was pregnant to her lover!  That's like soap opera shit, there!

This is by way of saying, bizarre?  Yes.  Unbelievable?  Nope :D

On 5/5/2016 at 6:25 PM, ChlcGirl said:

A bizarre thing to keep from your kid?  I'd say.

But you know, the older I get the more times I hear downright odd family stories.  Like, long time family secrets.  My ex- mother-in-law found out in her late 50s that the father she detested for divorcing her mother (and marrying the mother's best friend) had claimed her younger sister as his own even though the mother had had an affair and was pregnant to her lover!  That's like soap opera shit, there!

This is by way of saying, bizarre?  Yes.  Unbelievable?  Nope :D

When my grandpa died we found out he was 5 years older than he said he was.  Also unbeknownst to us he had married someone before my grandma and had another family.  That marriage and family happened during the 5 years he'd erased from his life.

• Love 1
On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 9:37 AM, ghoulina said:

Her marriage seems to be in a not so good place, and I won't be surprised if after a season or two they're divorced.

Brandi's husband seems like a humorless workaholic.  He's not very attractive to me and he seems disinterested in his wife.  My bet is he thought he scored a real coup when he married the Dallas Cheerleader, but now since he has matured, and she seems to still be the ditsy cheerleader, he's grown tired of her and her antics.  I bet she also spends a very large amount of the money he seems to be overworking for.  If he doesn't have a mistress awaiting him on those long "business trips" I'll eat my hat.  He gives me the Kelsey Grammer  "get the wifey occupied with the reality show so I can play around with the mistress and eventually leave the wifey" vibe.

• Love 4
(edited)
On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 10:39 PM, itainttippithebird said:

They did the same thing to the Housewives of Potomac.  They thought they were doing a show about etiquette.  That's why all of the etiquette talk in the beginning.  I don't know why Bravo has decided to take this approach to starting new franchises.  It's stupid.

Oops!  Numerous posters beat me to it.  <<<Nevermind>>>

Edited by swankie
2 hours ago, swankie said:

Brandi's husband seems like a humorless workaholic.  He's not very attractive to me and he seems disinterested in his wife.  My bet is he thought he scored a real coup when he married the Dallas Cheerleader, but now since he has matured, and she seems to still be the ditsy cheerleader, he's grown tired of her and her antics.  I bet she also spends a very large amount of the money he seems to be overworking for.  If he doesn't have a mistress awaiting him on those long "business trips" I'll eat my hat.  He gives me the Kelsey Grammer  "get the wifey occupied with the reality show so I can play around with the mistress and eventually leave the wifey" vibe.

I could maybe go with that if they hadn't been together since high school.  I would assume that in all those years (at a minimum, 18 years) he would be quite used to her general behavior.

While the poop talk is annoying I don't think she's that bad.  Every mother of young kids I know talks about wine and their love of wine.  It's a thing now.  I don't necessarily like it because I don't really drink and don't like wine but she and Stephanie don't seem that different from other mothers in their 30s.  And she was genuinely sweet and sincere with Stephanie's family and on the phone with her grandfather.  YMMV but I find LeeAnne's aggressiveness and determination to "teach" everyone more off-putting.

• Love 6

Yes! The wine thing is everywhere. It does kind of drive me crazy, because I also don't drink. Maybe that's why I'm more stressed out than other mothers? LOL

At any rate, Brandi would drive me nuts, but LeeAnne would outright piss me off. 

• Love 3

I don't care for Brandi at all.  She's just so crass but I have to say she said she's been with her now husband since junior hs according to their narrative.  I doubt if an 8th grader strategically selected her for her DCC connection that was 10 years in the future.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Grey Goose said:

I don't care for Brandi at all.  She's just so crass but I have to say she said she's been with her now husband since junior hs according to their narrative.  I doubt if an 8th grader strategically selected her for her DCC connection that was 10 years in the future.

Well, it did seem to be her lifelong ambition.  

My guess though is that he probably loved the hell out of her being a DCC cheerleader though and it colored his view.  Probably was very proud of wifey back then. Now that she's not and being an ex-DCC isn't all that interesting anymore, maybe her antics aren't as cute anymore to him?

And of course, I'm just speculating but it wouldn't surprise me if based on the way they got together -- she used him to make another jealous -- that he was her bounceback guy when she was considered hot property b/c of her DCC status.  Wouldn't surprise me if she felt like she was "settling" for him (he's not good looking) and was having relations w/players while cheerleading.  Once used and abused, she probably went back to the guy b/c well, he's successful.  Now that's he's got cash, he resents her and is appealing to many women.  

That's obviously incredible speculation but I just get the sense from her that he's always just kind of been her safe guy.

Edited by sasha206

Or? I think it's possible he's checked out due to the drinking.  He reminds me of a friend who has a wife that drinks wine all throughout the day.  Doesn't want to leave because he's old school responsible, but doesn't want to live like this anymore. 

I don't know yet--really have seen enough of him to come to a conclusion. And I fully recognize that editing monkeys (yeah I spelled that right Trading Spouses Vegan Mom) could make it appear that Brandi likes her wine A LOT more than she really does.

But if she does drink as much as they make it appear? Not good.  And it might be because he's gone and she's bored. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Or? I think it's possible he's checked out due to the drinking.  He reminds me of a friend who has a wife that drinks wine all throughout the day.  Doesn't want to leave because he's old school responsible, but doesn't want to live like this anymore. 

I don't know yet--really have seen enough of him to come to a conclusion. And I fully recognize that editing monkeys (yeah I spelled that right Trading Spouses Vegan Mom) could make it appear that Brandi likes her wine A LOT more than she really does.

But if she does drink as much as they make it appear? Not good.  And it might be because he's gone and she's bored. 

Or maybe he's one of these guys that wanted his wife to be a SAHM and then suddenly she bores him because her life is about the kids...and drinking with friends?

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Well, it did seem to be her lifelong ambition.  

My guess though is that he probably loved the hell out of her being a DCC cheerleader though and it colored his view.  Probably was very proud of wifey back then. Now that she's not and being an ex-DCC isn't all that interesting anymore, maybe her antics aren't as cute anymore to him?

And of course, I'm just speculating but it wouldn't surprise me if based on the way they got together -- she used him to make another jealous -- that he was her bounceback guy when she was considered hot property b/c of her DCC status.  Wouldn't surprise me if she felt like she was "settling" for him (he's not good looking) and was having relations w/players while cheerleading.  Once used and abused, she probably went back to the guy b/c well, he's successful.  Now that's he's got cash, he resents her and is appealing to many women.  

That's obviously incredible speculation but I just get the sense from her that he's always just kind of been her safe guy.

I don't know.  I don't think you stay with a man for 20 years, marry him and have two kids with him if he is just your "safety guy."  Especially not when you spent five years being a highly desirable prospect in the Dallas area.  And I am going to assume that the DCC are pretty desirable to men in the D/FW area.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes! The wine thing is everywhere. It does kind of drive me crazy, because I also don't drink. Maybe that's why I'm more stressed out than other mothers? LOL

At any rate, Brandi would drive me nuts, but LeeAnne would outright piss me off. 

It's all either about wine or coffee.  I am astounded by how many ridiculous quotes/pictures women can find to post on social media about coffee and wine every. Single. Day.

4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Or maybe he's one of these guys that wanted his wife to be a SAHM and then suddenly she bores him because her life is about the kids...and drinking with friends?

Now THAT I can absolutely believe.

• Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I don't know.  I don't think you stay with a man for 20 years, marry him and have two kids with him if he is just your "safety guy."  Especially not when you spent five years being a highly desirable prospect in the Dallas area.  And I am going to assume that the DCC are pretty desirable to men in the D/FW area.

It's all either about wine or coffee.  I am astounded by how many ridiculous quotes/pictures women can find to post on social media about coffee and wine every. Single. Day.

Now THAT I can absolutely believe.

Well, the thing is -- being a DCC and having nothing else going on for you except potty jokes might get pretty old for desirable men in the D/FW area.  Again, it's a very big reach I'm making with that one, I agree.  I'm basing it on nothing more than the way she described her initial getting together with him in the first place.  Not that you can't use someone and genuinely fall in love but she doesn't seem all that interested in him anyway.  I think she digs the cash, the house, and is lonely.  But the way she straddled the stripper makes me think she would leap at the first hot guy w/money and ditch her husband.

Edited by sasha206

Just from looking at her pictures from when she was a cheerleader I would bet cold, hard cash that she had plenty of offers from hot men who wouldn't care if she made too many poop jokes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

That too.  I don't think I've seen enough to decide one way or the other.  

Previews for the next show looks like we're going to see more of their dynamic. ....

• Love 1

I don't know about these chicks and I'm a Texan! OK,so I'm a native Houstonian transplanted behind the pine curtain in east Texas but seriously?Jesus Juice??  Doodoo all the livelong day?? Charity,charity,charity ad nauseum?? Ugh.

And that LeeAnne just skeers me!

• Love 3

My point was never that Brandi couldn't get dates.  She is a beautiful girl.  I have no doubt she had many men that fancied her.  My thought was that *if* she acted like she did then as she does now, maybe she had a hard time keeping someone.  Maybe she looked elsewhere, got used, went back to her current husband.

Again, my comments are really a stretch no question.  It just wouldn't surprise me based on what we've already seen of her that when she was a cheerleader, she was (as is known to happen) getting it on with football players thinking one of them would stick around and they didn't, so back to her so-so looking, but successful now-husband...her safety net.

I am probably basing this impression on a couple of friends growing up that I have that remind me of Brandi.  They were beautiful, but they were really just good time girls with not much going on other than their beauty.  Nice, sweet, but somewhat vacuous.  They always had the one guy who wasn't the hottest guy by their standards, but smart.  These guys were always their taking up whatever crumbs they'd give to them when their daliances with the hot guys didn't work out.  One of them married her fallback guy and they've been together for many years.  She's still attractive, but grew into his looks and is successful.  You'd think the balance would even out, but she longs for his attention; he's pretty much (my opinion) only sticking around because of their kids. My husband thinks he is resentful because he doted on this woman all the while knowing that at the time, she'd dump him for the next best thing.  I think she just never grew into something more than her looks and a good time.

Maybe they should start a charity for people who are obsessed with poop. 

Let me get this straight, did Brandi and I'm blanking on the other one drive 4 hours to her parents house and 4 hours back for dinner?  I thought maybe they'd spend the night. Those poor kids and by extension poor moms having to be cooped up with them like that. 

I wonder what these "society women" think of Leann not being married to her boyfriend she lives with. I bet there is talk that she can hook 'em but not reel them in and he's holding out for something better. I think she's jealous that most of the other girls are married. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, RedheadZombie said:

So there's hope that a second season will focus on things other than the word charity?

Oh, My, God, is there any one thing more important than Dallas charities? I think not! Ponder that question or hope again  and we'll bow!

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

And that LeeAnne just skeers me!

I have finally figured out who LeeAnne reminds me of.  She reminds me of the character Holly Hunter played in Broadcast News.  Just substitute "news" with "charity".  Especially the scene where LeeAnne is chastising the others for making light of the Mad Hatter affair.  It was like Holly Hunter's character chastising William Hurt's character for faking the tears in one of his news segments.  They both have the same over the top obsession with the news (Holly) and charity (LeeAnne).  In essence, LeeAnne reminds me of a character Holly Hunter would play.  lol

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2