Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

There is a facebook page for "The official Pioneer Woman fan club." I tried to get the link to embed but it won't work. It is quite interesting to see the Reeple in their natural habitat. These are the ladies who spend large amounts of money on her crap made in communist China, by impoverished unfree slaves. They decorated their homes with this junk. It is quite interesting. I will try to post the more interesting ones! I am proud of myself for being so un-pc as to call China what it is-communist, repressive, disgusting, unamerican.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

OK. Hard proof in photo 4. of the Lodge tour. Ree uses Sharpies as eyeliner. 

Well, I guess I know to never use Urban Decay cosmetics. Her face is doing their marketing dept. no favors. "Oh, look she uses canned frosting even though she's the greatest chef in the world!" Holy shit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Maybe Ree will partner with a cosmetics company and come out with a line of Rural Renewal exclusive to Walmart. 

Oh, good grief, don't give her any ideas.  But can't you imagine the cute names?  Cow Pie Mud Mask.  Udderly Wonderful Face Cream.  Eau de Manure.

• Love 6

‎Angelgale Messer-Reaves‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

13 hrs ·

Oh my, my cup runith over. I know Renee Babcock shared her's last week but I gotta say.......it is so much cuter in person, I screamed like a young girl opening a Christmas gift she had been wishing for and finally received. I am so honored to have received this special exclusive released Ree Barbie as a gift from Ree and The PW Team. You know who you are and I want you to know I truly enjoy working with each of. I love Ree hands down from her family values, the love she shows her husband, The Pioneer Woman brand and the recipes that are made to bring women back into the kitchen and it is my honor support her and the team by co-admin this amazing site. Thank you again.  Comment:  Angelgale got a Ree Barbie from Ree and her handlers. She screamed like a young girl. Her ignorance of who Ree truly is is horrifying. I have also noticed Angelgale makes really unhealthy meals for her family, which she posts online. 

52 minutes ago, cathy said:

‎Angelgale Messer-Reaves‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

13 hrs ·

Oh my, my cup runith over. I know Renee Babcock shared her's last week but I gotta say.......it is so much cuter in person, I screamed like a young girl opening a Christmas gift she had been wishing for and finally received. I am so honored to have received this special exclusive released Ree Barbie as a gift from Ree and The PW Team. You know who you are and I want you to know I truly enjoy working with each of. I love Ree hands down from her family values, the love she shows her husband, The Pioneer Woman brand and the recipes that are made to bring women back into the kitchen and it is my honor support her and the team by co-admin this amazing site. Thank you again.  Comment:  Angelgale got a Ree Barbie from Ree and her handlers. She screamed like a young girl. Her ignorance of who Ree truly is is horrifying. I have also noticed Angelgale makes really unhealthy meals for her family, which she posts online. 

The irony is magnificent.

• Love 4

Well, that's it...I'm officially cranky!! My local Walmart no longer carries ANY Pioneer Woman items/  Maria Pascolla That's why I order most of my PW on line. Stores near me don't have much or anything at all These 2 comments were on the facebook page for the official PW fan club. Some Walmarts no longer carry her products? Must be low demand. If it was high demand there would be a lot in the stores. Capitalism! The way she is coming out with new stuff (Barbie doll, new bedding) you would think everyone is buying it. The ladies in the fan club seem to spend every cent they have on PW stuff. How weird that maybe her stuff no longer sells-maybe the novelty has worn off, she is getting "old" etc. I wonder how the merc is doing?  And the boarding house? Especially now in winter, who wants to go to the boring flat prairie in cold weather? I wish I knew an insider who could tell me!!

• Love 3

Time Mattel (?) came out with a pudgy doll when they do "stars."

Sorry - I'm old and have rarely ever criticized people's looks - but her doll is ridiculous. Can't imagine a little girl wanting one let alone believing it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Can't imagine a little girl wanting one let alone believing it.

Nor "screaming with delight".  Talk about brainwashed, these women seriously need a life. But then worshiping stars and athletes is pretty sick, in my opinion.  They are just people with a salable skill and good agents, not gods on earth.

Save your hero worship for people that really make your life better.  Or even save it.

• Love 4

The whole Barbie concept seems to preposterous.  I hate to repeat myself, but I know some little kids like to watch shows like "Chopped" and a lot of them know who Bobby Flay (and in the past, Emeril) are. I just don't see little girls tuning into Ree's show. If given that Barbie set, would they even know who PW is? I guess they would just view it as a "cooking Barbie."  The fact that grown women would be clamoring over owning it really gives me serious pause on the state of our country. 

• Love 3

Some reactions to Ree's new line of processed, unhealthy "comfort" convenience foods. 

Barbara N Ron Fain Just keep getting richer

Charen Mattingly Barbara N Ron Fain if you are talkung about Ree. Then,she works very hard for her money. She is a very smart business woman. I love her and her family.

Carol Taylor-Ellis I don’t buy to much freezer products. But it’s great for working families. Great news!!

Josie Carrillo She’s the nicest sweetest person,deserves everything.Good news

Barbara Howerton Looking forward to trying them!!

Luci Cromwell Crosland Yum!!

Jackie Daniel Can't wait to try it

Stiffney Martin Cant wait love her.

Shelly Toler Franz Whoa. Didn't see this coming.

Rachel Marie S Omg can’t wait!!

Cindy Stackewich Can't wait to buy it

Kay West Arbuckle Good, because I’m too lazy to cook every once in awhile.

The meals shown in the article are not really budget friendly. As far as the Reeple go, "I fear for my country" is all I can say.

‎Christina Street‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

1 hr ·

Ladies and gentleman, I almost just lost my mind up in here! (Wal-Mart) I saw a lady who looked to me like she was browsing through PW. I asked her if she knew if the PW Christmas was around (since the website said it was suppose to be...unless I read it wrong). The lady told me she had never heard of PW...... ?????? I didn't say anything but inside I wanted to say:Omg! Come with me! Let me show you all of these beautiful, gorgeous PW goodies on these isles. Take my hand let's go!!! ***skipping down the isles***

My comment:  I fear for my country.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, cathy said:

***skipping down the isles***

Straight to the loony bin. 

These women have GOT to get a life! And learn to spell.  And take some grammar lessons. And nutrition counseling.  And....oh, never mine. 

I fear for my country as well. 

I bet some of these women have their pictures in "People of Walmart" postings.

• Love 3

https://people.com/food/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-walmart-prepared-foods-line/ 

another article written a hour ago. what is most interesting is that there is a comment by people magazine stating that they get a commission on any sale made by the reader from linking from the article. I tried copying and pasting the comment, it won't work there. Here is the quote "Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission."  So what Shay Spence is saying is that People magazine is not objective, independent. They have no integrity. They are all about money, just like Ree. Shay Spence looks like a soy boy.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sns-dailymeal-1951227-entertain-pioneer-woman-walmart-food-line-110118-20181101-story.html

https://www.thekitchn.com/pioneer-woman-walmart-prepared-food-launch-264004

• Love 1

https://www.walmart.com/cp/the-pioneer-woman/1231327

I think it says her stuff is 50% off. Yesterday I read that not all Walmarts are carrying her stuff. Then why the food line? That won't sell (I'm guessing). All of her "lines" are just one of many "lines" aka money grabs in capitalist America. Giada, Martha Stewart, in a way they are really no better than the traditional brands. But more expensive because you pay for the name. Like designer clothes. Aren't people waking up to the fact that these products are not better? And aren't most people trying to eat healthier?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I can't wait to see the nutrition info on the packages.  Maybe I will put a bag over my head and venture into Wallie World.  Normally I avoid it like the plague.

I had to go there yesterday and saw a lot of her stuff on sale. I didn’t see her Barbie Ree doll. 

• Love 1

I'm curious as to the calories/nutritional information on her packaged meals, but not enough to go to Walmart to look. There used to be a Walmart about 10 miles from me, but it closed. The closest is over 20 miles away, not worth the drive. There are plenty of unhealthy calorie laden prepared foods already on the market. My husband used to travel out of state for extended periods before he retired. It was cheaper for him to be in a rental apartment than stay in a hotel when he was gone for several months. He used to make Marie Callender single serving chicken pot pies for dinner, and absolutely loved them until one day he looked at the nutritional information and saw they were 1,100 calories with lots of fat.

• Love 1

Danielle Cooper Gorilla glue. Put the handle back and it's just fine.

Sonia Craig Gorilla glue girl!! Stuff rocks!

Lucy Lou super glue?

ane Dennis I love her dishes, but they do seem to chip, crack and break easily..Too bad cause I love 'em and still buy them.

Marie Miech Smith Yes they do. I have the 2 sets of the red and several of them are chipped or cracked. I hand wash them and they are put away with a paper towel between each dish. Ugh, gonna have to try some other dishes

Jane Dennis I know it's sad. I have an aunt that has the same problem.

ala Corona Talk to her customer service someone should have the number on here just ask. They say shes real good about replacing things.

Debbie Donoghue Plant a flower in it

Kate McNamara I use mine to hold toothbrushes in the bathroom!

Shelly Foisia-Shaw E6000 or Shoe glue and you'll never know it broke.

My comment: Nice excuses for a poorly made product.

• Love 4

Her reeple must have lots of money if they know this stuff is crap but still keep buying it over and over every time it breaks. 

Are there some sort of drugs embedded in the paint that turns these people into Ree-adoring zombies without a lick of common sense?

• Love 3

Hi everyone. It feels like forever since I’ve been here.  Life’s been busy between work and the usual stuff.  Hope all are well!

I do still have my fascination with Ree and her quest to take over the prairie, if not the entire world.  And there is always her food (yark).  I’m watching a Ree-peat now and thought of y’all.

p.s.  I had no idea she has added packaged foods to her empire.  Learned something new already!

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 2

image.png.7385702cefb8271b1392127f8dbb1670.pngWeek of 11/4/18-11/10/18
“Rules”
1. Choose any PW recipe you wish and prepare it, you may putting your own spin on it if you like? (You can find numerous recipes online if you don’t have any of the cookbooks at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond)
2. Please post your picture and then your reviews or whatever you want to share regarding the recipe as a comment to THIS post. Sometimes we don’t always catch individual posts and the search feature does not always catch them all either. For those individuals wanting to enter and be considered for the weekly challenge please comment to this “Official Sunday Recipe Challenge Post”. It is much easier to find one weekly post by searching the group for “recipe challenge” then it is trying to find several individual posts. You can also find the post by searching the group for “recipe challenge”. If you have any problems, please PM Renee Babcock or Angelgale Messer-Reaves and we can tag in the post. We will also try to keep post “bumped” as much as possible.
3. We love to see all your delicious dishes, however there is only one entry per week per person into the random drawing. Drawing is held each Saturday and the winner gets a great prize box of fun PW loot sent to Recipe challenge!
4. Unfortunately- because of the extremely high postal prices currently in place, we have to limit the contest to US members only.

I say we pick one of the most obnoxious recipes and "put our own spin" on it to either make it edible or add 15 more unrelated food items in or on top.  Or make it look so unappealing that a pig wouldn't eat it (no offense to pigs).

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Either edit or learn proper grammar.

But that would take a whole buncha time.  My reeple don't not know the diffrence.  They loves me no matter what I do. I'm a goddess - and I got my own dolly.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But that would take a whole buncha time.  My reeple don't not know the diffrence.  They loves me no matter what I do. I'm a goddess - and I got my own dolly.

In fact they love it. "See, she talks just like me!"

• Love 3

The recipie challenge was taken from the official pioneer woman fan club facebook page. I think it was written by Angelgail or Renee, the co-administrators.

‎Carol Boyd‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

1 hr ·

I found thee PW food at my Wal-Mart in Kimble, Tennessee. The only had the meatloaf and the country fried steak and none of the sides. I was hoping for a fast meal since I spent most of the day at a urgent care clinic with my husband who has a nasty infection and a possible DVT. Then two hours getting his meds. I prepared the meal and he didn't want it so I fixed him a sandwich. I ate it, the gravy cooks separately for 45 seconds in the microwave and was messy to handle, the coating on the steak fell off and the steak had mystery stringy parts that were weren't palatable. For $6.98 the servings are small. I wont get it again but I'm still going to try the sides. I really wanted the mac and cheese but settled for another brand that was good.

image.png.a7dfc87db96204f557784705cc08fe31.png

image.png.52ebf1fe1853fe1ded4a7bb0b5e760dc.png

• Love 3

Karen Nath Pretty sad looking!

Brenda Porch Creech I found only one meatloaf dinner but not frozen. In same section with Bob Evans meals.

Sandra Paduano Hope the meals aren't made in China like the rest of the PW products are.

Carol Boyd Sandra Paduano no they come from Completely Fresh Foods in Vernon, California. This is the web address I found. It seems to be a group of different foods that the manufacturer, PW isn't listed yet but it's the same email as on the package.
http://www.gwfg.com

Shirley Higdon Shouse Yuck just make it home made

Heather Romary Yup sure will. Hopefully maybe you just got one a lazy person made and they arent all like thst lol. If so im sure sides are better. I got the loaded mashed potatoes to go with itm didnt see the breakfast ones.

image.thumb.png.e0752ce7e0dda63200a76af68335de03.png

Rhianna Gray-Chartier‎The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

32 mins ·

I was baking homemade Mac & cheese in the oven & this happened ? Has anyone else had this happen? — feeling bummed.

• Love 1

JDiane Davis Product may not have been tempered correctly.

Deborah Pruitt O'Doherty One of mine cracked while baking a caserole

Cheryl Novotny Satterfield The slightest crack could cause this... I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully, you can get in touch with someone to report it. Below this was the notice:

"An admin turned off commenting for this post."  My comment: An administrator ( either Renee or Angelgale) stopped the comments! Because they don't want people saying that their dishes broke too etc! I wonder if the admins are being paid? Or just brainwashed rabid superfans? Angelgale's house is saturated with every PW product made, I mean it is packed with PW garbage. She has a video (I think on you tube) about this. All of the ladies on the facebook page seem super nice. 

• Love 2

‎Renae Lea‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

20 hrs ·

I've decided that I should start, "The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Workout Page" because there is so much delicious food, I keep packing on the pounds. The best way to lose weight is if you have friends to help motivate you to keep working out. Well we motivate each other to cook why not work out lol.

No, Renae, the best way to lose weight is to avoid Ree's bad recipies.

Beth Curtiss I visited my Wal-Mart store last night and it appears they may be transitioning away from Pioneer Woman products. This is so disappointing to me!! I'm not sure what other retail stores carry her line. I may have to shop exclusively online if what I suspect about my WM does actually happen.

Brittney Jones I haven't seen any at my Walmart. So depressing.

‎Heather Romary‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

3 hrs ·

Went back to my #2 walmart to get a tv we priced and priced matched last night. And they had put these out. None of the cups or the recipe tin still. But ill be happy i finally found these. :-) soo pretty. Hubs goes whats the big deal with these. Then goes ohhh they are pioneer woman arent they. Im like yup, and rolls his eyes smirking walking away. (We had just had an argument before we went to the store about me spending. Hahaha.)  My comment: There was a picture of the dishes, I was not able to download it. They are ugly.

Edited by cathy
completeness
  • Love 2

‎Annie Ferrara‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

Yesterday at 11:56 AM ·

Very upset... I live in Staten Island NY. Only Walmart nearby are 2 in New Jersey. Drove to both and no longer carrying Pioneer Woman products. Only "Super Walmarts" carrying her products. I was desperately trying to find her new recipe card file with 100 of her recipes. I just left a voice mail to The Merc seeing if maybe theyll ship it to me ? these 2 particular Walmarts always carried her products

• Love 1

‎April Vines Counts‎ to The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club

1 hr ·

I love PW or I wouldn't be in this group but I don't like the admin stopping the ability to comment on the baking dish that was broken when the lady was making Mac and cheese. I thought this page was to discuss all things PW good or bad.

Donna Pendergrass Somerville Well this isn’t the first time this has happened and I’ve also heard poor reports on her cookware so I’m staying away from it. I do have a pie pan, knives and decorative things but I won’t venture into the cooking items.

Amy SweetnSassy Hroma Items break it happens whether it b PW or another product! So to post about comments being turned off is just silly! Our group isn’t about bashing Ree and her products!

Doris Collette Quigley Made in china folks. Same as most of the bake ware we use.

onna Pendergrass Somerville Exactly and the cost is very good; you get what you pay for.

• Love 2