Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Cape May

• Start Topic

That's not quite the timeline. Liz shot her father on the night of the fire, and Red came and took her away. Katerina drowned herself - apparently at Cape May - at some point in the weeks/months that followed, because she was being doggedly pursued and knew that they wouldn't stop coming after her or possibly resorting to finding her daughter and getting to Katerina that way. 

I liked the episode. It was a bit uneven and thin at parts, and they're obviously working hard to get Spader an Emmy, but I'm okay with that. He works the hell out of any material he's given, even the semi-incoherent drivel that The Blacklist writers sometimes slide under his door. Showing Red in conflict over the life he chose is usually a good area to hit for them though. He's an incredibly interesting character in the hands of an actor who can sell that conflict well. On one hand, Red enjoys the perks of infamy. He obviously is having a good ass time, and he has an inner circle of people who would literally do anything for him. And on the other, that infamy has caused him to have to make tough choices that have cost him people that he cares about, and has left him isolated and feeling like he has his back to the wall. Any time we get to have that character fleshed out a bit more, I'm totally there. 

I'm honestly not sure if I want Liz back. There aren't a lot of shows that can withstand the demise of one of the central characters, but I think this one could, in part because it still has the more interesting of the two leads, and in part because it's not that great a show to begin with. We're not talking about 5th season West Wing here. 

Doggedly pursued by the authorities or Russian spies? If it was months later would she know that Red had Liz?

Also if Liz comes from a Russian sleeper agent family was Red a potential recruit for that family/those spies? Since Red was on a career in the Navy did Lizzie's mom try to turn Red into a sleeper by sleeping with him as a handler?

zzzzzz....... zzzzzzz...... zzzzzzz......

In stead of issuing 3 D glasses like in a movie theater they should've issued night vision goggles for this one.

I'm still lost on ghost girl.

zzzzzz..... zzzzzzz..... zzzzzz......

I agree completely. I had to turn off all of the lights, let my eyes adjust, and still could barely make out what was happening in the home alone sequences. And this on a 60" screen. Oy vey!

I don't think Liz is dead either. We'll see later in the episode titled Solomon Pt. 3.

This was a better episode than most solely because Lizzie wasn't in it. I can handle all sorts of weak fakery and mental tricks if there is no Liz demanding that everyone pay attention to either her tantrum or her personal desires.

It could have been much tighter, though. Very indulgent. And it was clear from the moment the red-haired woman allowed herself to be held by a strange man by the fire that it wasn't real, because who does that? She fell into the water for a minute, she didn't swim to shore after a shipwreck.

From that moment on, she was too comfortable with Red for her to be an actual stranger, so it had to be a memory or someone had drugged Red and he was being help captive somewhere, hallucinating.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1

Im gonna have to re watch this episode. I just couldnt get into it. I was too distracted wondering if Liz is dead or alive, and the fact that none of the cast was shown other than Red did not help. My friend thinks maybe the woman was Liz's mom?

Wow!  That was a strange trip!  So this is what happens when you hang out at an opium den hidden underneath a Chinese restaurant!

I pretty much spent the whole hour kind of confused but yet fascinated by the story and the spooky hotel by the beach.  I didn't know everything was just a figment of Red's imagination until almost the very end when Red was walking through the hotel and nothing was broken even though he and that woman faught all those assassins coming to kill them.  That's when I thought, holy shit, Red encountered ghosts at the hotel and that woman he saved from drowning is a ghost also!  When he went down to the beach and the ghost woman appeared before him, that's when I realize who she is.....was. 

Oh, I see Red, in his drugged, high state, imagined trying to save Katerina Rostova.  How convenient that that treasure hunting old dude was able to find Katerina's necklace right there with Red around.

This was a weird episode.  I wondered if Red was able to find some closure to resolve his guilt from not being able to save Masha's mother.

I think Liz is still alive.  She's going to pop up again after a few episodes.  I want to see Liz face her mother and ask her if Reddington is really her father.

Oh, I see Red, in his drugged, high state, imagined trying to save Katerina Rostova.  How convenient that that treasure hunting old dude was able to find Katerina's necklace right there with Red around.

In fairness, since this was Red's memory, he would likely know where Katarina's necklace was, so if the guy wasn't around looking for it, no doubt Red would have been digging for it himself.

• Love 1

I actually loved this episode.  I had no trouble following the storyline and plot.   Reminded mea lot of when the show Fringe would throw in an off-the-wall but interesting episode once every season.  Damn James Spader.... I can no longer hate his character from Pretty in Pink.   Red has redeemed him.  LOL

I'd also point out that there's no evidence that Red gave Katarina that necklace. It could be something that she treasured that Red knew about and, when he found it strewn in the sand, that was likely the moment that he lost her.

I was totally wrong now that is has been revealed that dennehy is liz grandfather the papa that was referred to was him. and Red told the guy on the beach there is someone I have to see ok I give up my bad