Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Tyreme & Tomorrow

Tyreme truly struck me as an all-around nice dude. I'm glad they're still friends. And honestly, this is one of the first episodes in the last few weeks that I didn't lose interest in halfway through.

I'm glad that giant bear found love as well. Good on Tyreme for regifting it to his daughter.

• Love 6

I think Tyrem would have been satisfied if tomorrow's friend was really her.

I'm glad they are still friends

But really why do these people believe these stories about not doing FaceTime, skyping or sending a video?

• Love 3

At least this was an actual catfishing this week, but I was completely confused in the beginning. Max telling her that she couldn't trick someone into loving her was spot on, & he did it pretty diplomatically too. I felt bad for Tomorrow when we found out that Tyreme had talked about how fat & ugly her friend (who was really her) was. That must have killed her, but it was her own fault for catfishing him.

• Love 6

I started watching Catfish because of randomly reading the recaps here, and I now watch it occasionally, but didn't catch this one.  But: I enjoy most recaps either way, and I have to say that I loved this recap.  Seriously, love both the meta-commentary on the show (so right on the social aspects of who they treat how, conclusions you can draw from random host commentary, that scene setting shot and who they give an airB&B to, etc.) and the perspective and sensitivity on Letrease.   Thanks, Tara.

• Love 6

At least this was an actual catfishing this week, but I was completely confused in the beginning. Max telling her that she couldn't trick someone into loving her was spot on, & he did it pretty diplomatically too. I felt bad for Tomorrow when we found out that Tyreme had talked about how fat & ugly her friend (who was really her) was. That must have killed her, but it was her own fault for catfishing him.

I liked how Max stepped in to try to sort of save her from herself, because that was getting really uncomfortable. And, really, what did Letrease hope to accomplish? Did she really want Tyreme to be like "We can't be together because I think you're ugly?" There's no benefit to hearing that information. I did wonder just what Tyreme had said about Letrease, because if someone I was talking to asked me what I thought of his friend and I didn't think he was cute, I'd say something like "Eh, he's not my type" and keep it moving. It sounded like Tyreme had really trashed Letrease, which struck me as an odd thing to do - after all, he thought she was Tomorrow's friend. It doesn't look good to be like "Ew, your friend is ugly" if you're trying to "date" somebody.

• Love 5

I came to say the same. He could have just said that she wasn't his type instead of trashing her to Tomorrow. It's not a good look for him. She really pushed him to say it, but I'm glad he didn't. He seems like a good guy overall, so I'm glad they are still talking.

On a side note, I'm sorry, but that girl is not a plus-size to me. She is overweight, period. And, can anybody explain how her complexion looks different in the FB picture, on the video chat and in person? Could it just be the lighting?

• Love 2

I think it odd too that you would tell your "girlfriend" that her friend is ugly.  So I think she baited him.  He just didn't seem like the type to put down someone's best friend that harshly on his own accord. 

• Love 6

I started watching Catfish because of randomly reading the recaps here, and I now watch it occasionally, but didn't catch this one.  But: I enjoy most recaps either way, and I have to say that I loved this recap.  Seriously, love both the meta-commentary on the show (so right on the social aspects of who they treat how, conclusions you can draw from random host commentary, that scene setting shot and who they give an airB&B to, etc.) and the perspective and sensitivity on Letrease.   Thanks, Tara.

Thank you! That's very kind.

• Love 1

Well, my heart hurt for Letrease because I'm not made of ice, but seriously -- Tyreme could've easily said, "We can't be together because you lied about who you were, involved your friends in it, and invented an entire pregnancy and tragic miscarriage!" That's as good a reason as any!

(But again, if she'd looked like Christina he probably would've forgiven all of those things.)

Anyway, it's cool that they do legitimately still seem to be good friends. Not a bad episode.

As for the whole air bnb thing, that was exactly what I was thinking when we pulled up to her house: "The recap is going to have some astute thoughts on this one!"

Honestly if it weren't for the recaps I definitely wouldn't continue watching this show, but it's nice to be able to read them and not feel completely insane to think there are actually some things to consider/unpack about what they're selling here.

(so thanks!)

• Love 4

i wake up every morning , take a peek at social media ( FB /IG ) and then it's on to Previously TV to check comments on my fave shows from the night before ! I'm not sure why I watch this show anymore ...catfish I can't quit you . Tara your recap was spot on. I second what Sconstant said

• Love 4

I'm always late to the party when it comes to Catfish because MTV waits so long to release episodes on Hulu (I don't have cable). By far, the best part of the episode was when Tyreme "corrected" Nev and Max when they pointed out the Missouri State sweatshirt. "Mississippi State," said Tyreme with certainty. Nev and Max were like, Ehhhhh, dude that says Missouri. It was plain as day in the photo. 

And MTV is really doing these people a solid when they get them an AirB&B. I can only imagine where Tyreme lives, as he is 27, unemployed, and he daftly states that he likes to draw and might try to be a tattoo artist. With needles. And permanent, under-the-skin markings. T, why not Fed Ex or a Coca Cola bottling center or go study a trade? With Catfish people, it's sort of like - okay, you made some shitty decisions regarding relationships (i.e., "meeting" on social media and "dating" them sight unseen), but how about making a better decision elsewhere? 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I'm always late to the party when it comes to Catfish because MTV waits so long to release episodes on Hulu (I don't have cable). 

They go up the next day on MTV.com.