Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Endless Terror

Post-op Myka is pretty freaking awesome. Force of personality, yes... but mostly it was the wonderfully typical recall ability. It does bother me that she had surgery and is running around, fighting and sneezing without blowing out any stitches or staples. 

Love Artie's "I had a backlog from when I was evil" which was a great line. 

But this is sillier than before. Yes, this is a rather silly show. But there is a goofiness that is new and I'm not sure I like it. 

Nice product placement. At least we were subjected to brief dialogue about how great the features are. Apparently The Olive Garden dropped a little cash though. 

I found the advocacy of "faith in science" being enforced through the supernatural wonderfully ironic. I'd be very curious to know if the writers intended that... 

Lisa DaVinci and Isabella - awesome. 

I love how their resolution always comes in the first episode and is then tucked away. It makes the rest of the season so much more fun. Speaking of: the "this season" looks great! Valda is back only he's evil Valda and I don't care because it means we've got a season of Mark Sheppard and I love Mark Sheppard. Even if he got oddly jowl-y. I can't wait to see how this season goes and am really bittersweet that this is the last season. 

• Love 1

Oh, our Warehouse Team is back.   And nothing has changed.   The banter was hilarious.   Mika railing about reading the addendums to the manual.  Them all mumbling why they hadn't.  Until Artie said "Backlogged since I turned evil and tried to poison the world."  Pete "Yeah, he has the best excuse."   bwahahahaha.  And it just went from there.

Pete hitting on Lisa DaVinci.  But Mika was intrigued too.  She does love a smart woman. 

But great googly moogly what is up with Pete's hair in the previews.   Ugh.  Not a good look.

• Love 2

That was fantastic! Although the "previously on" was very welcome, I think I may have to go back and watch the last couple episodes from last season and then rewatch this one again. I felt like it took me a bit to remember who everyone was.

Like EC Amber mentioned, I loved how they once again wrapped up the storyline so that hopefully we can get back to the case of the week.

Hopefully I'm not remembering this incorrectly, but I think that my favorite line was when Pete called Paracelsus "Pair of Cahones".

• Love 1

When Myka was going on and on about reading the addendums and all the guys were mumbling excuses about how they hadn't gotten around to reading them yet, it reminded me of Hermione always saying, "Hasn't ANYONE read Hogwarts: A History?!"

Although I agree that everyone was goofy this week, it reminded me what I will miss the most about this show when it's gone. The cast has such a fun and easy chemistry together that I totally believe when they're goofing around, bickering, or having silly conversations.

I'm glad they handled Paracelsus, even if it's just for the time being. I was worried that they would spend all season fighting him.

I have mixed feelings about Myka's surgery. So they dropped this huge cancer bomb on us at the end of last season and now she's just all better? I mean, I didn't want them to drag out her illness all season either, but I'm surpried that they started the season with Myka having surgery and now everything is all done with that storyline?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I read an interview that it was their intention for Myka's storyline to span more episodes but when they got cut down to six-more-and-that's-it, they decided to end it, otherwise the last batch of episodes would've been kind of a downer.

I could have used a refresher myself, I had totally forgotten the stuff about Claudia's sister, I couldn't remember why she was all ticked at Artie.

Rebecca Mader popping up in this episode as Lisa deVinci was neat, her character was funny. And she was nice, I had quickly grown used to her being evil from her Once Upon a Time and Fringe appearances.

• Love 2

I need to rewatch last season, too, but I got the impression that the way Pete was trying to hide what he had done to save Myca meant that it had worked. I mean, she went from Stage 4 cancer/her death bed to "Oh, it was benign" and everything's OK with the lady bits so quickly, I figured it had to be artifact-related and Pete doesn't want her to know that. I suppose it also works that he just didn't want her to know how worried and upset he was about something that turned out to be benign, to the point where he tried to use an artifact to heal her. Anyway, it did seem like kind of a clumsy resolution to the cancer-story-line. I assume that the story-line was set in motion before they knew 100% that this would be a short last season, and they decided they didn't want to spend their last episodes dealing with it, so they wrapped it up quickly. I'm glad they dropped it, but it did seem a bit awkward, writing-wise.

Edited to add - Thanks for that info Kariyaki. I figured it had to have been that they didn't want to drag down the last episodes, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Edited by Kathira

Now that was fun, that was the show we all know and love.  It's great to know that in this final season, Warehouse 13 will still be a fun show where every main character is likable.

I'm loving the return of Valda.  It's Mark freaking Sheppard, so any return he makes is good.  I'll admit I was hoping that he was going to call out Pete and Claudia at the beginning, but it would be revealed that Valda was good and didn't agree with what Paracelsus was doing.  But he's evil, that's cool though, because he's back.

I'm a little disappointed that the Warehouse itself didn't play more of a role in taking down Paracelsus.  Yeah it protected Claudia, but it would have been nice to see it do more.  Paracelsus saw it as his house, while Pete, Myka, Claudia, Artie, and Jinks see it as their home and a place of endless wonder.

Loved the Ralph Brunsky mention.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1

SO glad they dropped the Mika has cancer storyline.  The last season of Eureka was kinda ruined for me when it mostly about "We must save Holly,"  a character only introduced the season for.   Now, there are some differences, Mika is a long established well liked character.  WH13 also knew it was ending unlike Eureka.  This gave the writers time to not drag down th eending but make it the fun place it's always been.

Migrating over from TWOP...

I'm glad the show's back, and understand why things had to be wrapped up so completely.  I'm a bit confused by "evil Valda" when he came sideways from the other timeline.  So is he working some long game to restore "his universe", or is he just evil?  I hope it's the former, it would make him a much more complex villain for him to think he's actually the hero of the story, trying to recreate the science Warehouse 13 for the benefit of humanity.  And the real Valda wasn't bad, right?  Just a bit of a jerk who wound up sacrificing himself in Warehouse 2 to save everyone else.

I was hoping Artie could have convinced Calder and Hugo to join him, they were clearly wavering, but ultimately took the side of blind obedience.

As usual, the chemistry between the case was great.  All while Claudia was trying to kill Pete and Jinks, they were talking like besties!

I just hope we're not in for another plot of "people lie to their friends which causes unnecessary havoc".  We had that already with Artie, we don't need it again with Pete and Myka (who had better just stay friends!)

I loved Valda 1.0 as he had a hard, no-nonsense edge to him but was ultimately pretty noble. Having him come back is the plus for me... evil/good is of lesser importance to me. Futurechemist I'm with you - I'd love it if Valda was coming back to restore his universe. But I'm a bit nervous... the clunky monologue of his "yes! You can now hear my thoughts! I control you my perfect soldiers Muah-hahahaha!!" (paraphrase) kinda took me out of the moment. I get that was supposed to be exposition and show us how Valda 2.0 is evil and manipulative and lacks empathy. But ouch did that passage come off unwieldy. Only Shepperd could come close to pulling that off (and I wonder if he rolled his eyes when first read the script). 

Valda is a manipulative bastard is any guise.   So I would not be surprised if he was playing a very deep game, pretending to be evil so he could fix things and put it back the way it is supposed to be.

I'm glad this show is back, even if we're at the end. I'm also glad they didn't drag out the Warehouse being controlled by Paracelsus. And while I'm listing things I'm glad for, add me to the list of those grateful that Myka's cancer seems to have been artifacted away.

I'm glad Myka's cancer storyline was dropped as well. That would've been too much of a downer for the final season. This show was always more about the fun with the danger and not being too depressing. 

Count me as another that loved Mkya yelling at the guys for not reading and memorizing the handbook. (I bet HG read the handbook ;D). 

Lisa DaVinci was great and I loved that Warehouse 9 had a giant bird that turned off the artifacts. How much easier would it be to have the bird go in get them instead of them doing it by hand.

• Love 2

The purple whatever kind of bird that was made me a little concerned; just what is the purple goo our Warehouse uses made out of anyway?

Coincidentally, I had just learned of ambergris--essentially whale poop--that was originally used in making perfume because of its staying power. Now they have a lab-created chemical substitute (unfortunately for me, as it is likely the source of my fragrance induced allergic reactions). So I assumed the purple stuff is a modern chemical version of the bird. But maybe it will turn out to be more like the poor Tok'ra who was kept in an aquarium for eons while her eggs were harvested because of their medicinal properties.
  • Love 1

So is [Valda] working some long game to restore "his universe", or is he just evil?  I hope it's the former

Very interesting thought, that he might think he's the good guy, trying to restore things to normal, all while thinking that our guys are the bad guys.  

Jinks' facial expressions and body language when Claudia was trying to try not to try to kill them had me in stitches.  

A part of me wishes that the show had more time, and so could follow through on the Myka with cancer storyline, because I thought that could have been interesting.  But given the short lifespan, I'm really glad they chucked it so we can get a few last fun episodes in.  

• Love 1

So how did Valda get a fork anyway? The only people he could have taken them from were Claudia and Artie and neither of them lost their fork since they weren't affected by the time change back to the regular warehouse, they recalled everything that happened in the aborted time.

That aside I really enjoyed the episode. I loved Pete's interaction with Myka, so a brother / sister relationship.

With only a handful of episodes to end the series, what's everyone's hope for the characters futures? Anything you want to see any of them do / place you want them to end up?

Edited by Lrdmordain

So how did Valda get a fork anyway? The only people he could have taken them from were Claudia and Artie and neither of them lost their fork since they weren't affected by the time change back to the regular warehouse, they recalled everything that happened in the aborted time.

I'm guessing from the Warehouse 13 in his timeline, I'm guessing since he took one from there, it effected the number in this timeline.

what's everyone's hope for the characters futures? Anything you want to see any of them do / place you want them to end up?

I want to see Claudia installed as the next caretaker. That's probably the top of my list. Beyond that I'm a little torn. I kinda ship Myka and Pete... especially after the episode where Pete wished Myka nine months pregnant. If not, Myka and HG Wells would be excellent, even if Wells is all home-i-fied. If that happens, then Pete needs to settle in with the vet. Besides my own thing where I like to see everyone paired up. I want to be assured that Artie is going to live a long life. I've got no feelings for the shrink, but then I wasn't a big fan of Leena either. I'd like to Claudia to hook back up with the guy in witness protection. I just liked their chemistry. 

Mostly I want to see the series renewed as Warehouse 14 with Claudia and Artie running the place all Father&Daughter style. 

• Love 1