Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wishlist

• Start Topic

I read that there probably wont be too much crosover between the two shows, but I feel like that is a waste. With the Flash's time traveling abilities, wouldn't it be cool to have an episode where the team goes somewhere into the future and they have this elaborate plan to stop savage, but then Barry from even farther in the future shows up to stop them, knowing that what they do inevitably causes harm. They could even fight it out for a little while before they come to an agreement of some sort. I'm no screenwriter, but just that very barebones skeleton of a premise sounds cool to me. 

Well the EPs have been clear that Vandal is a one-off villain so it's hard to "wish" when I'm not sure what we are facing next season, but I definitely want a third regular or semi-regular female cast member.  I've come to like the crew and I'd like to keep them all, but I'd like another woman in the mix.

I wouldn't mind seeing John Diggle Jr. again and I'd love to see them pepper in other DC heroes here and there as they time jump.

I want them to abandon the time travel aspect, because they can't seem to get it to make any sense, and travel the multiverse instead. This would not only allow them to introduce any DC character they wanted, but reuse characters in new and different ways.

I know it's not going to happen because Peyton List is on another show next season, but I would love for Lisa Snart to join the cast. She's awesome, and I would love to see more Snart sibling interaction.

• Love 2
(edited)

I want for the show to drop Kendra and Ray/Kendra. It wastes way too much time that should be given to more interesting relationships. I definitely think they should develop Sara with both Rip and Cold (not necessarily as romances, just friendship/rilvalry), because these three have the potential to become the axis of the show.

Crossover with Flash should happen. I've found I like Barry way more in the crossovers.

More female characters, obvs.

More personal stakes for the characters. As it is, only Rip, Cold and Kendra have them... Although scratch Kendra, she doesn't seem to care about killing Savage or avenging her love AT ALL. 

Firestorm... either do something major with them or drop it. It hurts my Alias-loving soul too much to see SpyDaddy wasted in this role. I actually liked him more on The Flash!

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 5

I want them to abandon the time travel aspect, because they can't seem to get it to make any sense, and travel the multiverse instead. This would not only allow them to introduce any DC character they wanted, but reuse characters in new and different ways.

I know it's not going to happen because Peyton List is on another show next season, but I would love for Lisa Snart to join the cast. She's awesome, and I would love to see more Snart sibling interaction.

I want Golden Glider on the show so much.  Maybe they can at least get her for a couple of episodes.

• Love 2

Main Cast: Rip, Sara, Snart, Kendra, Ray. Much as I like Stein and Jax as Firestorm, I do think it might be better to return them to occasional guest stars on The Flash and maybe here instead of regulars. Jax in general is a character they're struggling to give enough to do. He's too underused and we're 11 episodes into the season now. Vixen, Diggle Jr and another female character for regulars. Huntress maybe or possibly Katana.

Guest Characters: Constantine most definitely. For the longest while I wanted him as a regular but now I think it's likely he'll guest star more than become a regular. Maybe in an episode set in London or Liverpool. Bonus points if they actually film in there too. Other bonus points if Papa Midnite also appears in the episode. I definitely think we need to see Jonah Hex in another episode and if we're keeping Kendra, surely they could feature one of her past lives evil mother. That was something done with one of the Hawkgirls wasn't it? I'm intrigued to see

Patrick J. Adams character is and how he plays out.

. I'm also expecting Oliver and Barry to pop up in episodes during Season 2 as well.

Villain: I'd like a female antagonist. Something the Arrowverse has had a problem with are prominent female antagonists. We've had some great recurring ones but maybe a regular female antagonist next season would be the way to go. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Per Degaton became the main baddie for Season 2.

Eras/Places To Go: Caiy Lotz talked about a Birds of Prey episode, let's do that. Brandon Routh mentioned something Medieval, let's also do that too. I'd also like a trip to 1800s New Orleans or 1600s Salem as well if they can do it and something truly space era as well. Maybe a proper Time Masters episode to boot.

Relationships: Kept to a minimum. Don't mind the odd guest romance like Sara got with Lindsay but it's best to see the gang focused on the mission. I know it's a CW show but we don't need an Olicity type of romance. This show benefits not really having one at the moment.

Better Planning/Leadership: Rip, this applies to you in every single way.

Edited by darkestboy
  • Love 1

I'd lose Kendra. She is just not working for me on this show. If they would let her be the badass Hawkgirl instead of being tied to a boring love story it might have worked. As of now she doesn't really add anything. 

For the Season 2 cast: I would want to see some characters from different time periods. Maybe some people from the Justice Society or Legion of Superheros. Also if they aren't going to use the powered people that often then they shouldn't add more. Add people like the Question, the Huntress or Lady Blackhawk, Lady Shiva could work as well (I'd make her Sara's former teacher in the League or something). I'd say Nyssa but KL's got a job on another show. 

For locations: If Rip's still on the show then Ancient Rome. I would love to see the Middle Ages and for the team to call themselves by Game of Thrones characters. Also to see Sara in jousting match. 1920's Chicago (or New York, mostly Chicago because that's my city and we had Al Capone) would be fun as well, you know Snart would love to dress up like a gangster or him and Mick rob a bank or something. 1600's Salem, can you imagine Sara running around trying to save all the women in that time period. She would not stand for that. The Waverider can travel in space so how about another planet. Traveling to different Earth's and meeting different versions of themselves would be fun as well. 

• Love 4

Top of my wishlist is Sara getting a new black costume next season. Not sure if I'm going to get that one or not yet.

Second wish is more female characters. I really like the idea of Lady Blackhawk - she sounds like fun.

Third wish is a stronger villain than this year.

I think Kendra's probably the most likely to be written out at this point, and probably replaced by Vixen. But it would be great if they could work in a third female character.

• Love 1

Top of my wishlist is Sara getting a new black costume next season. Not sure if I'm going to get that one or not yet.

Second wish is more female characters. I really like the idea of Lady Blackhawk - she sounds like fun.

Third wish is a stronger villain than this year.

I think Kendra's probably the most likely to be written out at this point, and probably replaced by Vixen. But it would be great if they could work in a third female character.

ETA: On my screen it looked like my post completely disappeared so I decided not to retype it!

Anyway, I was going to say that even though it would be a total boys club with just Sara, I might be ok if we didn't get another female regular but did an awesome female character in every timeline. Like a future episode with Golden Glider or Birds of Prey, maybe a past version of Zatanna instead of a present day one, or if they go to Ancient Greece or Rome an Amazon that DC gives them permission to use (I know we can't get Diana but maybe they would give them permission to use Artemis for an episode or two). Then they can pick up Lady Blackhawk mid-way through the season and bring her forward with them.

We probably will get Vixen for at least an episode or two, but it would be more fun if they traveled to the past and let this actress play her own great grandmother with the same totem powers.

Edited by nksarmi

Get rid of Kendra. Which blends nicely into my next wish which is to get rid of Ray/Kendra, it just takes up so much time on the show and frankly a triangle with reincarnated soulmates is a little dumb.

More time travel, but perhaps getting stuck in time periods. They have rushed too much through cool time periods. Obviously the show stinks are explaining the hows & whys of the time travel and continuously fail at their mission. But I do love the out of time shenanigans & costumes.

Dropping chasing Vandal Savage through time, it contributes to the dumb of the show.

Continue the fun of the show, it never takes itself seriously ~ which is just a lot of fun.

Season 2 Cast: I would love for the cast to be trimmed down slightly. Honestly, I do think that Stein and Jax would choose to go back to 2016 for a while, possibly even choosing to stay there. Stein has his wife, and Jax is the one who has been the least reluctant to be a hero. I'd be ok if we had to lose them, because it would make sense for their characters. Kendra, I imagine, might not come back either, depending on how the final fight plays out. She has been set up to be the one to take out VS, so I don't think she'll be back, nor do I want her to be. I think it will be Sara, Snart, Rip, Ray and probably Mick, which would be fine. I would love the addition of female characters too. Lady Blackhawk, Golden Glider (I actually fell in love with Lisa on The Flash, and she's a Snart so double the fun) and maybe one other female. I also feel like a female villain could be fun. 

Time Periods: I'd love a couple of more future episodes. They can play around with a lot more, and I always find them fun. I'd also would not mind if they spent a little bit longer in certain time periods. I know it's fun to jump around, but I also want them to explore time periods a lot more. 

I would love to see the team meet Sherlock Holmes, Genghis Khan, Ceaser, Joan of Ark. The list could go on . Mick would just love the Vikings. Sara in the early 1900s, Women's Suffrage. 

If they meet any more historical figures, they need to refrain from naming them. 

• Love 2

If they meet any more historical figures, they need to refrain from naming them. 

I don't think the writers can resist, though.  I was really hoping that the boy Stein saved would be a nameless kid who maybe next season messed up the timeline by being alive.  Or who we found out died a year or two later of some other 19th century ailment. Instead we got one of the most boring time travel cliches.   

• Love 1

I don't think the writers can resist, though.  I was really hoping that the boy Stein saved would be a nameless kid who maybe next season messed up the timeline by being alive.  Or who we found out died a year or two later of some other 19th century ailment. Instead we got one of the most boring time travel cliches.   

It might be cliché but I wonder if it was just a cute "moment" they couldn't resist or if it hints at how they are really going to be dealing with time travel on the show.  IE. are they going to go with the team is actually changing the timeline or that everything that the team is doing - they have already done? So without even knowing it, they aren't really messing anything up.  Of course, that fits in with my belief that they are going to have to face Vandal in Rip's time and he's going to lose his wife/son no matter what. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how "happy" of a tale this show wants to spin.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

I don't like predestination in time travel because it makes all choices seem pointless.  The bit with H.G. Wells was definitely cute but I had this split second before it just desperately hoping they would surprise me by not going that way, with the kid being someone famous. 

LoT doesn't have to be Arrow-dark but considering how the story has progressed and where they are now, Rip almost has to face the angst-y choice between ending Savage or saving his family.  Anything else would feel wrong.    

I did like how they handled Kiera's situation at the end of Continuum.  It wouldn't disappoint me if they went that way, giving Rip a reason to stay on the Waverider for Season 2.  Of course, if they wanted to go the humorous route, sticking him on the ship with the Legends for S2 as community service for mucking up the time stream would work for me too.         

I can see how Stein/Jax would be logical cast trimming since they do have more a life to return to in 2016. But can I be selfish and say I want to keep Stein at all costs. I love Victor Garber and want him on my TV. I could care less if Firestorm ever reaches its comic potential. I just need Stein's sardonic wit and I think he is a great foil to every character in his own way. Keeping Stein will keep me as a viewer, without him, not sure I would tune in as faithfully as a I do.

• Love 1

I can see how Stein/Jax would be logical cast trimming since they do have more a life to return to in 2016. But can I be selfish and say I want to keep Stein at all costs. I love Victor Garber and want him on my TV. I could care less if Firestorm ever reaches its comic potential. I just need Stein's sardonic wit and I think he is a great foil to every character in his own way. Keeping Stein will keep me as a viewer, without him, not sure I would tune in as faithfully as a I do.

I'd watch without Stein but I do not want to lose him.  I love having an older member of the crew and I love his dynamic with Jax. And since I'm edging ever so close to giving up on Flash (especially if I feel rather confident I can see him on all the other Flarrowverse shows) - I'd really like to keep Firestorm on Legends so I don't have to follow them anywhere else.

• Love 1

Frankly, if Kendra leaves, I'll take whatever else the show throws at me. It's like, plot, you had one job.

I do have a selfish desire to see Rip Hunter get Rory style Centurion'd up, solely for my personal fanservice lulz. I can't imagine it adding to the show in any useful way, though. Hush now. It's bigger on the inside.

• Love 1

Since Rip is the focal character, and it's his ship, I doubt he's going anywhere. 

I can see Sara staying around because traveling through time is exciting and she has a chance to help people.

Snart gets to indulge both his need to steal and some warped sense of being a hero. 

Mick actually had a place and a purpose now.

So I would prefer to keep Sara, Snart and Mick.

Kendra is most likely done when Savage dies. Whether she dies, or leaves with/to find Carter is fine with me.

I can take or leave Ray. Brandon Routh fits better here than he did on Arrow but him leaving would be no great loss.

Firestorm is so unimpressive and brings so little to the show (plus it'd probably be cheaper without him) I would be fine with him leaving, especially since Stein is the one person on the ship shown with the most to go back to and Jax technically never wanted to be there in the first place.

Edited by KirkB

There is an easy way to write out Jax and Stein - Stein could realize he misses his wife and doesn't want to risk his life anymore, and Jax could get his father (which could open up any can of worms up to returning Ronnie, for instance - somebody on The Flash forum said Robbie Amell wants back (although I vastly prefer Jax, he's a better character and actor)).

I think, at this point, Rip, Sara, and Snart should be 100% locked, with Mick and Ray highly possible. (They didn't waste all that money on Atom suit and all that time on Arrow to get rid of him that soon).

• Love 1

I'd hate to lose Victor Garber.  The man is great in whatever he's in though I could understand reasons for Firestorm not being there.  FX issues and the characters backgrounds.  I think the actor playing Jax has stepped up his game and he shouldn't be replaced by Robbie Amell.  Robbie has his chance to reprise his role and he didn't.

Rip and Sara I think will definitely be back.  The only thing I'd worry about Snart and Mick is that the two actors are attached to the Prison Break revival if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

The actor playing Heatwave has said he could imagine doing this show for years so if they want him - I think he's in it for the long hall.  And they should want him - I am shocked by how much I love him now.

I would hate to lose Stein in so many ways, but I do think they are giving Stein and Jax good reasons to not go on the season two adventure. Then again, maybe Jax does get his father back and doesn't have to worry about his mom so much and Stein gets his goodbye with his wife and she tells him to go - she will be waiting for him when he gets back. 

I honestly like all these characters. I agree that Kendra is a weak point but if they would settle the romance question with her and Ray and let her spend more time with Sara becoming the badass warrior Hawkgirl is supposed to be - I'd enjoy them keeping her around as well.

This show just needs better villains/reasons for hoping to the points in time they go to and season two will kick ass.

I could be okay with Jax deciding to stay in 2016 and for Stein to intend to do that originally as well before Clarissa tells him that what he is doing is too important and he stays on as head guy in charge of science stuff. We get to keep VG but don't have to worry about the extensive cgi.

Two words: No Hawkpeople. I don't mind Kendra, but reincarnation and time travel don't mix.

If DC Comics wants to set up a WWII-era Justice Society for their shows, how about Jack Knight from the Seventies? I figure that would work better than saying "The JSA is forever young," and you'd save on makeup by not portraying Mikka Tomas.

• Love 1

My season 2 wish is that they keep Kendra but allow her to interact with the entire team and not just Sara and Ray.  She was sidelined most of the season because Savage can sense her when she's close.  Well, he'll no doubt be defeated in the finale which means that her presence will no longer automatically hinder the mission.  Let her off the Waverider to be air support, let her interact with all cast members (I loved her short scene with Mick for example), and give her anything that doesn't revolve around her love life.  She can still be saved!

But definitely don't bring Carter back.  Still don't miss him and I can't wait for the current incarnation to die.

I didn't like Kendra's scene with Mick, because he was right she couldn't do it. She acted all tough like she could and failed when it came down to it. They should've watched her and made sure she didn't falter no matter what else happened. Her stupid love life is not worth the entire world. Kendra is dead to me. She's not the great warrior demi goddess from the comics, she's weak and useless and has now become a hindrance to the team. 

The Hawkpeople should sacrifice themselves by killing Savage then they will all be gone. Bring in a new female hero, one that will actually be a hero and not be dependent on her love life. 

• Love 1

I just thought of another woman this show could add - Thea Queen from Arrow. I'd take Roy and he would almost make more sense since they faked his death on Arrow, but since it's such a boy's club as is - Thea would be a nice addition and she might even technically be better trained than him.

Thea would be a nice addition, and she'd get more character development instead of being tied to Oliver's development. 

Thea and Vixen could join in place of Kendra and Firestorm. I like Jax and Stein but the budget isn't there for them and Vixen. 

31 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Thea would be a nice addition, and she'd get more character development instead of being tied to Oliver's development. 

Thea and Vixen could join in place of Kendra and Firestorm. I like Jax and Stein but the budget isn't there for them and Vixen. 

I'd take a shorter season if we can keep Jax and Stein and get Vixen and Thea. :) 

That would actually be a pretty diverse cast with Jax/Thea on the younger side ranging all the way up to Stein in age. It would bring us up to three women - so not even, but an improvement. And it would keep two racial minorities on the show (if we don't count WM since Snart seems to be "white").

I would also gladly accept Jax and Stein only part-time if they need to contrive a reason not have Firestorm all season.  Like maybe Stein leaves to be with Clarissa in the first half of the season (let's say she's sick and needs him) but then a few episodes in, they pick up a 2020 version of Stein and Jax. That would keep them on the show but limit their budget and let the actors plays slightly different versions of themselves - which could be fun.

• Love 1

I'm interested in both Jax and Stein, so I want to see them continue.

I also want to find out how "Heatwave" Mick becomes "Mr. Rory" to at least one member of the Justice Society of America. This one line has my imagination fired up. I'm crossing my fingers that Mick finds his inner leader and ends up running the damn show. Bonus points if sunny Boy Scout Ray's friendship and support is the catalyst; I'd love to see a full-blown bromance there.

• Love 1

I'd still like a musical episode.  :-)  Garber, Darvill and Renee can all sing.  (They could bring Kendra back for one episode and send her off again, right?)

I want to see what Rip becomes now that he doesn't have his overwhelming save/avenge the family quest hanging over his head.  I'd also like to see the characters co-mingle in new ways.  Last season it seemed like there was a lot of separation between the Rogues-and-Sara, Firestorm, and Kendra-and-Ray.  I'd like to see that shaken up a bit.  Ray teaming up with Sara for an episode.  Jax with Mick or Rip.  That kind of thing.

I'd also like to see more downtime with the characters.  What do they do between missions?  Drinking games?  Movie nights? 

• Love 3

So do we do our Justice Society "wish list" /speculation here or do we need a separate thread for that? I think we need a new thread as this could be a very fun summer pastime. :)

(edited)

There was a major crossover event in the comics over 20 years ago involving both time travel and the JSA called Zero Hour. That may be their idea for season 2. Shortly after that, the comics added some time travel elements to the Hourman character (previously, he'd just been a guy who took a pill that gave him superpowers for exactly one hour). The 90s were weird. I'm not sure either of those stories were all that great, but I am really not sure the people who messed up on Vandal Savage so badly can turn them into coherent stories for TV.

Honestly, I'd like to see some standalone adventures for a while, without trying to do a big arc. All four DC series had season long villains this year that got really tedious by the end of the season. I understand the real world issues around casting and locking in a major recurring character, but it's too much to ask for one villain to carry 16-20+ episodes.

Other things I'd like to see, Ray being less of a dope. Rip being a better leader, more Sara romancing the ladies of many eras (actually more Sara doing everything Sara does). And more Mick embracing cynical humor over just being a thug (this seems to be on track, keep it up, show). 

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
clarity

I want Snart to come back. Since Snart was practically standing in the time stream when things went boom, so there might be a chance he is stranded some where in time. Or his atoms are scrambled and just need to get pulled back together, or he's pulling a Kirk, form the OST episode The Tholian Web.  

I all so want to see more Flash, Arrow , Supergirl crossovers. I think it would be fun to see the team visit historical events.   

(edited)

Oh, you'll get both of your wishes - some version of Snart will come back per Wentworth Miller's contract with the WB (but not as a regular on this show, and who knows how it happens) and there will be a 4 show crossover next fall or winter.

I hope the showrunners will treat time travel plots a bit different next season, because they obviously don't give a damn about the rules and it doesn't sit well with me. So less time travel shenanigans, more humor and character stuff (which the show excels at, I think - there are a lot of genuinely funny lines here and there).

Also, please let Jax interact with somebody other than Stein because it's time. 

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I think I'd actually like for the team to get stuck in certain time zones. I liked when they were able to spend more time in certain decades. And not stuck like what they did with Ray/Kendra to force their intimacy/relationship. But actually have to fix their time machine in a completely different time. Or perhaps they could have longer missions in time periods if they don't want to use the stuck angle. I found that they jumped really quickly from time period to time period which I think only increased their chances of breaking time travel rules. Part of the humor I think came from people having to adjust to the time periods constraints, more of that forced fish out of water would be nice.

• Love 1

I'm still pissed I never got my Mick & Snart play mobsters in 20s Chicago fanservice episode, so, more fanservicey episodes where we just visit a time period and screw around in it, please. Seriously, that's all we need. Those types of episodes are the best for character development anyways. 

• Love 2

@Lii there is always hope to bring in 20s mobsters, WM is still part of the Flarrowverse. I can't imagine they'll let that opportunity pass, especially now that we don't have to somehow link it back to VS & the Hawks.

• Love 1