Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Death Wish

The murder of a man connected to smuggling Turkish relics sends Castle, Beckett and the 12th Precinct on a search for a stolen antique believed to be Aladdin’s lamp, in hopes that it can lead them to the killer.

I liked this episode, it is one of the better season 8 ones. There seemed like there was more banter than last week. And more Caskett too. The case was pretty interesting and I didn't guess the killer, so that's something. It was crazy-unrealistic though.

I thought the chemistry was good in the closing scene. Castle's line about only wanting a time machine to fall in love with Beckett again was cheesy, but still really sweet.

I thought it was adorable when Kate popped up behind Castle's shoulder in the beginning to ask if he even knew Oprah. Not sure why, but it worked for me. Too bad we didn't get any follow up on that storyline. I wonder if they'll really release Martha's book like they do with Castle's.

Alexis still annoys me so, so, so much.

Do you think Castle calling the professor out for having an "obsession" was supposed to be a reference to Kate and Loksat? Or foreshadowing maybe?

At the crime scene when Castle was talking about Arabian Nights and no one knew what he meant had me thinking that Beckett would have known the reference. She is missed at crime scenes.

I liked it in earlier seasons when Castle just talked about supernatural stuff to drive Beckett crazy, and not because he actually believed it.

The drama about Jenny giving birth seemed tacked on. It's not like anyone believed anything would be wrong, and we didn't get to see the actors really doing anything with it, so what was the point? And wasn't she supposed to actually appear in the episode?

• Love 8

Definitely one of the better ones. I still hate silly Castle and since i have recently watched Undead Again, the difference in his character is glaring.

Caskett interruptus is annoying.

I did find the guest stars a bit better this ep. I've found most of them really lacking this season, with few exceptions. Again, when ur doing a rewatch, those things really jump out at you.

The end scene was cute. Half expected a baby talk with R & K, but we know they're not going there this year. I also expected to see Kate dressed as a genie at the end, like her role play in The Final Frontier.

The end scene was cute. Half expected a baby talk with R & K, but we know they're not going there this year. I also expected to see Kate dressed as a genie at the end, like her role play in The Final Frontier.

It was cute, and I also half expected some baby talk. But I am so glad they didn't because they are so not ready for that. Throwing yourself in front of super dangerous killers seems like one of the first things on a list of "don'ts" for when you're expecting. 

Entertaining ep and reminded me of some of the earlier season themed ones. The teasing between them, Caskett banter and Castle just getting into the story he hopes is right. More balanced screen time between the 4 of them and no mention of LokSat. Imagine if the eps were like this all season long. The baby drama was kinda of random but I loled at Javier as a middle name. At least this new writer spent the time to rewatch the old eps.

At the crime scene when Castle was talking about Arabian Nights and no one knew what he meant had me thinking that Beckett would have known the reference. She is missed at crime scenes.

I liked it in earlier seasons when Castle just talked about supernatural stuff to drive Beckett crazy, and not because he actually believed it.

Those scenes were great. Lanie got to have a little more screen time than usual since she was listening to Castle explain and showed up at the hospital. Vikram and Haley weren't missed. IA about Alexis. Srsly go back to class or teach that ESL one that she has. I wonder if tptb will remember they need to have her graduate this season and I really don't need to see that ceremony either.

• Love 2

Entertaining ep and reminded me of some of the earlier season themed ones. The teasing between them, Caskett banter and Castle just getting into the story he hopes is right. More balanced screen time between the 4 of them and no mention of LokSat. Imagine if the eps were like this all season long. The baby drama was kinda of random but I loled at Javier as a middle name. At least this new writer spent the time to rewatch the old eps.

Those scenes were great. Lanie got to have a little more screen time than usual since she was listening to Castle explain and showed up at the hospital. Vikram and Haley weren't missed. IA about Alexis. Srsly go back to class or teach that ESL one that she has. I wonder if tptb will remember they need to have her graduate this season and I really don't need to see that ceremony either.

One of the least experienced writers on staff shows the rest how it should have been done all season long.....ahhhh hindsight.

• Love 5

I liked this episode, it is one of the better season 8 ones. There seemed like there was more banter than last week. And more Caskett too. The case was pretty interesting and I didn't guess the killer, so that's something. It was crazy-unrealistic though.

I thought the chemistry was good in the closing scene. Castle's line about only wanting a time machine to fall in love with Beckett again was cheesy, but still really sweet.

I thought it was adorable when Kate popped up behind Castle's shoulder in the beginning to ask if he even knew Oprah. Not sure why, but it worked for me. Too bad we didn't get any follow up on that storyline. I wonder if they'll really release Martha's book like they do with Castle's.

Do you think Castle calling the professor out for having an "obsession" was supposed to be a reference to Kate and Loksat? Or foreshadowing maybe?

The drama about Jenny giving birth seemed tacked on. It's not like anyone believed anything would be wrong, and we didn't get to see the actors really doing anything with it, so what was the point? And wasn't she supposed to actually appear in the episode?

Beckett's absence from the initial crime scene really jumped out at me, and when they were searching the carpet shop, but overall I liked it too. Still don't like Alexis getting involved with the cases though, last week was better because there was no sign of Castle P.I., unfortunately that couldn't last, I thought it a bit odd that Castle conducted the interview with the professor at his P.I. office and no cops were involved. I was a bit concerned from the pre-episode stuff that this would resemble Time Will Tell but thankfully the genie didn't turn out to be "real", I don't like it when Castle crosses the line like in Time Will Tell and Smells Like Teen Spirit. This will be one of the few episodes from this season that will make my rewatch list.

Granted they have set a pretty low bar but I have to say this may have been the best episode this year. Some of the things I liked were:

Beckett seemed more like a captain than in any episode this year.

No LokSat.

No mention of the breakup.

No Vikrum or Hayley (especially no Vikrum).

Alexis was bearable.

Them being interrupted is so predictable but I still thought Martha telling Castle that the melon should be room temperature was funny (in a cringe worthy way).

I will say that Beckett constantly dragging Castle off for sex instead of them having any real conversations has lost whatever charm it had with me.

• Love 3

One thing that has occurred to me while watching is, are they trying to train us not to see Stana's lower half in preparation for a (real life) pregnancy? I also noticed that much of her clothing was a bit flared. One scene showed her tummy, but wearing dark clothing that might be more photoshoppable?

Always wondering about things like that. ;-)

Castle working alone is a bit lopsided. He loses something without banter of some kind.

The Casket scenes were spark-free. No chemistry whatsoever.

Very entertaining groove the show has fallen into. Glad the "hiatus" slips are a sign of another season.

Nice that the killer wasn't so obvious.

Edited by TWP

Juliana Dever was on set during 8x20.

I wish Castle had found a time machine to fall in love with Beckett all over again, that way may be we could get something better than the half baked secret dating, boring engagement, Rogan business and non wedding fiasco we ended up with and may be they could have Castle look like a guy who used to understand women instead of the often bumbling oaf of today. 

It was cute, and I also half expected some baby talk. But I am so glad they didn't because they are so not ready for that. Throwing yourself in front of super dangerous killers seems like one of the first things on a list of "don'ts" for when you're expecting.

Normally I would agree with you on this point but Locksat have been rendered so toothless and ineffective by the writing team this season I can't take them seriously as a threat to their relationship in any way. Whatever denouement has been planned I won't feel the danger precisely because they don't seem that super or dangerous based on what's been going on and the characters aren't going to remember what happened within a few weeks of it passing in any case.  Also given the writers seem loathe to portray them being a happy settled couple for very long when will the time ever be right? They'll have to try and squeeze a pregnancy in between kidnap attempts or something heh. 

I would have thought them having a little discussion about babies was something that would be logical given what they're been married over a year and Beckett is in her mid thirties and Castle has ten years on her, okay yes there's obviously still time but does she really want to leave it much later and increase the risks?  Not that they would ever have an honest to God moment of weighing up the options and how it would affect them, a one liner about baby making would probably have to suffice. 

I will say that Beckett constantly dragging Castle off for sex instead of them having any real conversations has lost whatever charm it had with me.

I've never thought Castle having to be dragged off by Beckett to have sex was remotely realistic let alone charming given his established character but all that changed as soon as they got together. He's almost become strangely sexless and she's become the initiator for almost everything they do in that dept. Like another poster mentioned earlier on the spoiler thread it's like she almost has to beg for his attention and it's never made any sense why they changed his attitude, unless they want to make Castle appear less threatening to hormonal teenage girls. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

I thought it was a pretty good episode, though it's a little repetitive to see Castle again believing something so unrealistic. But it was fun.

I thought the beheading at the beginning was a bit much.

Yes, when his imagination pushed Beckett to think outside the usual formulae. 

unless they want to make Castle appear less threatening to hormonal teenage girls.

I think you are spot on with this observation.

I wish Castle had found a time machine to fall in love with Beckett all over again, that way may be we could get something better than the half baked secret dating, boring engagement, Rogan business and non wedding fiasco we ended up with and may be they could have Castle look like a guy who used to understand women instead of the often bumbling oaf of today. 

Maybe this line was intended as a little gift/acknowledgement to the disastified shippers?

Today was my 5th round of chemo, and when Castle smiled hopefully that there really was a Genie, it made me smile too, so I appreciated them playing to the lowest common denominator of the audience. Similarly, I teared up when he told Becket he used both remaining wishes for the mother and baby.

• Love 7

Beckett's absence from the initial crime scene really jumped out at me, and when they were searching the carpet shop, but overall I liked it too. Still don't like Alexis getting involved with the cases though, last week was better because there was no sign of Castle P.I., unfortunately that couldn't last, I thought it a bit odd that Castle conducted the interview with the professor at his P.I. office and no cops were involved. I was a bit concerned from the pre-episode stuff that this would resemble Time Will Tell but thankfully the genie didn't turn out to be "real", I don't like it when Castle crosses the line like in Time Will Tell and Smells Like Teen Spirit. This will be one of the few episodes from this season that will make my rewatch list.

I thought it was weird they met at his PI office too. I would have expected him to go to her office if he wanted her to explain her work to him. Why would she go out of her way when he needs the favor? I could have handled the no cops with him since she wasn't a suspect then, it was just background info.

I guess they wanted to use the set they had.

That's about the only thing that bothered me about this episode.  If they had written the lines for Castle to make it a more 'I don't really believe, but wouldn't it be fun if...' kind of dialogue, I think it would have worked better.  This just made him look more childish than usual (and I usually like his 'what if' lines).

I did give a brief thought to hints of 'baby news' from Kate at the hospital, but I remembered an earlier scene where there was a close-up of Kate pouring a drink.  At the time, I was thinking of product placement, but I couldn't see the bottle's label (it just seemed kind of odd to show the close-up like that).  Later, I wondered if it was to show the audience that Kate isn't pregnant, because she wouldn't be pouring a drink if she was.  

I figured that the professor was the killer as soon as we saw her, since Denise Crosby was the only guest star I recognized.

Beckett was munching on peanuts during a scene in her office. Did they explain that and I missed it? I know it's a trivial little thing, but out of place for a TV show... unless there is some meaning *cue the baby conspiracies*

I liked this episode a lot better than last week's, and probably the best of any episode so far in this season. It felt like the writers finally found their groove, or they just went back to the classic Castle pattern. Whatever it is, it worked well this week. Randomly:

Damn you, Martha, for interrupting Caskett sexytime!

The witness in the hallway annoyed me..it made me think of a line from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, 
"SHHHHHH!!  I'm TRYING to use the PHONE!!"

I enjoyed when Castle excitedly concluded that Lars must have attained all his luxury items via Genie, as Beckett sank deeper and deeper into her chair with embarrassment. Classic!

I wonder how farfetched it is that Lainie was able to determine that the killer was female based on a DNA scrape off a corpse. Also, while I was pleased that I couldn't predict the killer this time, I am finding it hard to believe that a female in her late 60's/early 70's could have swung a sword hard enough to decapitate a man. (Or anyone, really.)

Alexis regressed to a sub-supporting character in this episode, which is how I like it.

Finally, NO SchlockSAT!

All in all, a pretty good episode.

• Love 3

I've never thought Castle having to be dragged off by Beckett to have sex was remotely realistic let alone charming given his established character but all that changed as soon as they got together. He's almost become strangely sexless and she's become the initiator for almost everything they do in that dept. Like another poster mentioned earlier on the spoiler thread it's like she almost has to beg for his attention and it's never made any sense why they changed his attitude, unless they want to make Castle appear less threatening to hormonal teenage girls. 

For whatever reason they neutered Castle a long time ago. He has become a passive observer in just about every aspect of his life.

• Love 1

oberon55. Agreed, frustratingly so. 

TV Line comments overwhelmingly positive this week. Castle Recap: I Dream of Genie

CASTLE: DEATH WISH – A GOOD COP/BAD COP REVIEW and it's a positive one from Lee and Melanie. 

I agree with Melanie. This was the best episode of the season, and it was much closer to the original Castle than we’ve seen in a long, long time.

When I’m asked to set aside reality I need reasons to do so, and to help with the process the story needs to remain consistent within its own rules to prevent me from switching the channel or closing the covers of a book. The writer should provide a set-up that establishes the faux reality as truth in a fictional setting. Then, as the story progresses, the reader or viewer has a logical reason for accepting “pretend” as what’s real in that particular fictional world. In other words, a writer of fiction should deliver believable make-believe.

I also thought Lee's introduction was very much relevant to what we were discussing last week (above) and he makes some further good points about the discrepancies in character we are now asked to accept which don't make sense give what has previously been established. 

newyawk. Your question about how farfetched it is that Lainie is able to determine that the killer was female based on a DNA scrape is answered by Lee below:

Someone, maybe Ryan, said that female DNA was discovered on the dead guy they found rolled-up inside a rug. Therefore, based on the discovery of this DNA, they determined his killer was female. Two points. One – sure, it’s possible to determine sex from DNA evidence. Two – it is not possible for DNA evidence alone to prove the person who left it behind is without a doubt the killer. There must be other evidence as well.

For example, in the situation above a female customer (this includes individuals who’ve transitioned from female to male because they still have female DNA), could have handled the rug thereby leaving their DNA behind. That same DNA could’ve transferred to the body when it contacted the carpet material. This is called tertiary transfer of evidence.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Yeah, the ability to overpower and subdue two men and then cut the head off of the first, I think they just made the professor the killer and forgot all the physical hurdles to the murders.  Maybe the professor was originally supposed to be male?

• Love 1

Yeah, the ability to overpower and subdue two men and then cut the head off of the first, I think they just made the professor the killer and forgot all the physical hurdles to the murders.  Maybe the professor was originally supposed to be male?

Just another "Gravedigger" scenario then. Anyone in here who watches/used to watch both Castle and Bones will get the reference.

I loved the little moment near the beginning, when Castle is just getting to the "it's a genie" conclusion, and the boys are clueless, but Beckett knows what is coming. The first time they cut to her, she drops her head in her hand in exasperation, then when Castle proclaims "Genie!" they cut to Beckett again, and she lifts her eyes and looks directly into the camera for a split second at the end of the scene, as if sharing her incredulity with us. 

• Love 1

After S7, this episode was how I envisioned the show limping off into the sunset. Certainly not up to the standards of earlier seasons, but still pleasant enough and entertaining. No one was beating me over the head with lame and unthreatening conspiracies or fake adultery. So far my only S8 episode that I would re-watch.

I remember an interview last year where the showrunners referred to S8 as their attempt at "Castle 2.0". None of their promises of "Castle 2.0" have come to pass. However I think last night's episode was an example of what "Castle 2.0" should have been. For me that means, a similar vibe and feeling to the stronger, earlier seasons (i.e. the team working cases, sweet and serious moments, Castle and Beckett together, banter, wit, etc) but with the weakness and frustrations of an aging show (continuity issues, goofball Castle and SuperBeckett!, less shared screen time, useless new characters). While not perfect I would have rather seen a S8 similar to last night than the "fun" we have experienced this season.

It did feel more balanced and like an older episode of the show. The team was working together and, gasp, Castle and Beckett actually worked the case together as well. I can't believe them working together merits a mention as something I liked. Oh, how S8 has warped my standards!

I thought it was sweet that Beckett wanted him to have first go at the lamp despite my reservations about how insane Castle's belief in the genie appeared to be.

I miss the sly humor and wit shared with the viewers on past sci-fi and fantasy cases. Someone above mentioned the zombie episode. That is a great example of the right way to use that aspect of Castle's character without making him look like an idiot. There was never the wink to the audience to let viewers know he wasn't serious about it or that he was in on the joke. All we got was the big kid who had to be taken for ice cream by his adult daughter!

Still not in love with Captain Beckett. Despite the new wardrobe and office, she just doesn't fit the role of boss/precinct antagonist the way Gates and Montgomery did. They've managed to make her not quite a captain and not quite a detective. The show and her character are suffering for it.

Only other damper for me is that I am assuming there will be more Loksat stupidity in upcoming episodes. Whatever time is left for Castle, I wish they'd leave that story alone. They are more than capable of putting out a decent product still. Wish they'd drop the grand ideals (or whatever the hell this season has been) and stick to what they can still do well.

Edited by GoGiants
  • Love 5

For me they have totally failed to make Loksat a threatening character which justified Beckett's actions, or generated much interest to wait for the answers..

The original Bracken story gradually built up the tension and intrigue to the point where once we discovered who had ordered her mother's murder we see him on the brink of becoming President. Along the way we saw how ruthless and dangerous he was, and the people who worked for him, starting with Dick Coonan killing his own brother, then we had Knockdown and Knockout which put Beckett and her team directly in the cross hairs, followed by Dial M for Mayor, Always, ATS, and Recoil which reminded us of the threat to Beckett and Bracken's determination to reach the top at any cost. 

Apart from the explosive opening two parter they have done little to maintain interest in the story and Loksat doesn't seem to be anything more than just a corrupt CIA operative who has become a drug dealer just in it for the money, not much different from Vulcan Simmons, who oozed evil. It's hard to imagine Bracken believing that Beckett would swallow the Asst AG story without keeping a close eye on her, and given the evidence of the surveillance she had been under prior to Veritas, (how did he know in Recoil that Beckett had missed the suspect on purpose when no one else witnessed it), how was Beckett able to set up a secret hideout and carry on a clandestine relationship with her husband in complete safety. Apart from the hit squads in the opening episodes the only member of Loksat's organisation we have met is a clever lawyer, who is not in the same league as Simmons, Lockwood, or Maddox, as an intimidating character. These showrunners have made the same mistake that the previous ones did with the disappearance story by basically dropping it for too long after the initial launch. A few mentions along the way, and revealing it is about drugs, doesn't really cut it. Probably the most tension we've had about the story was when Vikram and Hayley indulged in a hacking battle as Castle tried to discover what his wife was up to.

The other aspect of the Loksat story that totally lacked credibilty was how the usually intuitive Castle couldn't make the connection between the events of the two parter and his wife suddenly calling a time out on their marriage, it was as if he'd had all what he'd learnt by scratching and clawing over the years to get to know and understand her had been erased at the same time as his knowledge that he'd already unearthed the Loksat conspiracy . To go from the luvvy dovey opening scene in "XY" to the final scene in "XX", when they'd hardly spoken in between, made Castle's belief that it was something he'd done to cause her to walk out on him incredulous.

• Love 4

After Castle said it was a Genie, and they're about to go too the commercial, did anyone catch his way over the top facial expression where they panned on him, and how you could practically hear the WACKATA WACKATA...CHA CHA CHA in the background?

I have missed a few episodes, Do people know that they're back together? Martha sees them together and isn't surprised. The guys call about a new case, and she obviously asks Castle while barely covering the phone with her hand. I mean, they're not even trying.

And LokSat is obviously the best master criminal in the world, because at this point, is there even subterfuge of any kind.

And next week, is Hayley taking away lividity from Lainie?

That could be the biggest tragedy of S8 -- all Lanie has is lividity!

Random question: was the professor played by the actress who was in Star Trek TNG and got fired for posing nude after one season? 

Yes, Denise Crosby, granddaughter of Bing.

• Love 1

This confused me, too, because I kept thinking - why was he still wearing his tie and jacket?!? He barely looked disheveled! And NO MENTION of Sarah Grace!

Today was my 5th round of chemo, and when Castle smiled hopefully that there really was a Genie, it made me smile too, so I appreciated them playing to the lowest common denominator of the audience. Similarly, I teared up when he told Becket he used both remaining wishes for the mother and baby.

Me, too! And I wasn't at all surprised that he had already done it.

Best of luck to you, post-treatment.

• Love 2

When I’m asked to set aside reality I need reasons to do so

Oh Lee, then I'll bet you don't watch much TV. ;-). All the examples I could give would be very much off-topic.  But I will risk off-topic-ness to talk about Lee's reference to Murder She Wrote and say that given the number of murder situations Angela Lansbury's character found herself in, someone once pointed out that she may very well have been a serial killer. Or quite possibly, she is about the most unlucky individual on the planet.

Somebody should go back and write a show about freeing all the falsely convicted individuals that Jessica framed for her own killings....or maybe a TV movie about how she's doing while hospitalized and medicated for the excess trauma of all those murders happening around her. If nothing else, maybe someone could do a Hallmark channel piece about her move to a nice low crime area where she finds romance instead of all that death.

Castle is most definitely inconsistently written and truly stupid at times. Sadly, in TV terms, it’s really pretty well-written. At least, unlike Jessica, there's a good explanation about why the cast are involved in so many murders!!

I like checking reality at the door. I don't care why. I like to laugh. And if it means laughing at, rather than with my characters, it’s still all good. As I've found with my other pure comedy favorite, Nashville, sometimes the ridiculousness is more than half the fun.

Castle has been a goofball for a few seasons now. I don't see any major change on that front this season. If anything, the slapstick this season comes at times when it was already funny and not relying solely on physical comedy and things like double-takes or actually believing in genies for audience amusement. I was less amused by the Big Foot episode, e.g. but the genie wasn't as good as the Mummy's Curse.

Castle has been a goofball for a few seasons now. I don't see any major change on that front this season. If anything, the slapstick this season comes at times when it was already funny and not relying solely on physical comedy and things like double-takes or actually believing in genies for audience amusement. I was less amused by the Big Foot episode, e.g. but the genie wasn't as good as the Mummy's Curse.

The Mummy curse he didnt believe in until bad things started to happen - then he started to question. Same as zombies. He never really believed, just liked "driving Beckett crazy". This, he believed with wide eyes and completely. Ridiculous
  • Love 2

Maybe I'm reaching here, but maybe the reason Loksat hasn't come after Beckett et al is that she is just not very important to him?

We are all the stars in our own dramas, and perhaps Loksat, having wiped out the Washington crew, leaving only a junior officer, who was not even in the field, doesn't see any reason to worry about a short-term employee from a couple of years before, who was forced to resign.

He's written off his mercenaries who got killed in XX. I doubt they had any death benefits to pay out anyway.

His drug cartel goes on its merry way and he just doesn't care.

At best, Vikram and/or Hayley have a watching brief on two people who were peripherally involved in his schemes, just to keep them away. Might cost him maybe $50K annually in retaining fees?

The Mummy curse he didnt believe in until bad things started to happen - then he started to question. Same as zombies. He never really believed, just liked "driving Beckett crazy". This, he believed with wide eyes and completely. Ridiculous

Big foot? Video games over sex? Castle has not been a sexual being since about season 4. I'd have to re-watch to remember all the moments when he acted nothing like a man in a new relationship (which is, unfortunately making the 3X daily sexytimes somewhat off for me). So we'll have to agree to disagree that he is suddenly a goof in season 8 because there is no way in hell I'm re-watching anything but the odd episode from seasons 4-7.

• Love 1

Maybe I missed something, but how did our eldery professor overpower her accomplice to torture them? Even if she could hold them at gunpoint, it would take some impressive juggling do so while taping them to a chair - and there was no mention of tranquilizers being used on them. And she managed to decapitate the first guy with one stroke! Evidently Tasha Yar kept working out after she died* (though I would never have recognised Denise Crosby if it hadn't been pointed out here).

I also couldn't help thinking, "That can't be King Solomon's lamp - you couldn't dig up a 3000 year old lamp and have it look that good!" Evidently it wasn't, because the mercenary said something like, "Don't worry, I have a dozen others", but shouldn't somebody (presumably not Castle) have pointed that out in the first place? [/Reality]

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:17 AM, KaveDweller said:

I was surprised none of the boys knew about the framing device for (1001) Arabian Nights (also where we get the Tales of Sinbad, Alladin and Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves). But King Shahrayar would never cut it as a modern day serial killer because he's completely unobservant - not only did he miss his first wife's adultery, he completely fails to spot Sheherazade's (three, I think) pregnancies during the 1001 nights!

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:17 AM, KaveDweller said:

The drama about Jenny giving birth seemed tacked on. It's not like anyone believed anything would be wrong

Did like that Castle "used up" his last two wishes, even so.

* By all reports, she left Star Trek voluntarily - particularly as she came back a few times after her death. And even if she was fired, it wasn't for posing in Playboy, which happened in 1979 - 8 years before Next Gen started.

Edited by John Potts