Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

JFP worked hard to integrate SBu's character into Y&R. 

But all of it failed. He's never fit.

I think the new creative team - which has gone on record as saying they hate most of the last ten years - had no use for him, and I think Steve was less keen on not being Jill's star as well.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

JFP worked hard to integrate SBu's character into Y&R. He's the long lost son of two legacy characters, a pseudo member of a core family, and the current husband of a core character. I'm sure he would've continued to have a role if he wanted it, and I doubt his prominence would've lessened that much. Maybe he's just tired of playing this very dull character 

FV has worked just as hard to integrate Todd, Franco, Silas, McBain, Starr, Kiki, Phyliss, etc,, and they can all take a flying leap off my TV screen.  I want to see the legacy and core characters from Scotty, Jeff, Tom Hardy, Sean and Tiffany, etc... and not some folks shoehorned like HateChel onto the show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Y'all, I've been seeing around the Twitter and the Insta that our Brydog and Second Kelly have broken up. I haven't seen confirmation from either yet.....do we need to start a prayer circle?

I don't know. :sob: Maybe they've just matured and don't like talking about each other and putting up each other's pictures on social media constantly anymore. Right??? . . . Right .  . .

• Love 6

As Hayden Barnes, the daughter of a Bernie Madoff–type con man who screwed thousands, Budig went from Port Charles pariah to romantic heroine in a fizzy, sexy transformation that’s simply intoxicating. Even Tracy Q (Jane Elliot), the town curmudgeon who pretty much hates everything and everybody, loves Hayden. That’s saying something.

It says FV and Jelly really wants to make this character work.

• Love 6

Has Rebecca Budig really become a "romantic heroine"?  Maybe she's slightly less of a bitchy nympho than she used to be, but I'm seeing less of a transformation and more of the same shades of Green(lee).

But of all the stories/characters/actors Michael Logan could have put on his list, I'm relatively okay with her.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess a certain Daytime-Emmy-winning actor is finding out it's not as easy to get a job as he thought.

Someone said he was talking on snapchat about becoming an instagram model, so I went to check out the veracity of the statement. This is what he said:

"Kay I'm not one to post  shit I eat, but I've eaten the same thing  for like a week and uh, I'm  getting really sick of it [bunch of spinach, quinoa, carrots on the table]. No in all seriousness I'm training to become an instagram model, so, I hear there's more money in that. I honestly think I could do it. I mean, you just gotta eat really healthy and work out way too much and take pictures like half naked on shit that's not yours. Like houses and yachts and sports cars and, you know. Just shit that's obviously not yours."

Kelly doesn't pop at all. He also gave kind of a huff after he said he was training how to be a model, so I thought maybe he was kinda laughing and not really meaning it. 

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't even know what to say. I had heard some rumblings, but I dismissed them as reading too much into things. Now this? Hard not to read into it. Unless they're going to revert Avery's parentage, and rewrite him entirely, he can stay the fuck away.

In other random news, I didn't even know they were dating!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-alum-engaged-4/

Sloane and Carrie Ann Inaba? How random, heh.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Hide contents

if you can't click on the link - it's "would you like Bryan Craig to return to GH as Morgan"

That is hilarious.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

"Kay I'm not one to post  shit I eat, but I've eaten the same thing  for like a week and uh, I'm  getting really sick of it [bunch of spinach, quinoa, carrots on the table]. No in all seriousness I'm training to become an instagram model, so, I hear there's more money in that. I honestly think I could do it. I mean, you just gotta eat really healthy and work out way too much and take pictures like half naked on shit that's not yours. Like houses and yachts and sports cars and, you know. Just shit that's obviously not yours."

Immortality

• Love 2
On 12/13/2016 at 8:44 PM, ulkis said:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/105378/the-best-in-soaps-2016-the-bold-and-the-beautiful-shines/

Michael Logan's best/worst list.

This interview with Don Harvey (Tom) is pretty good. Amusing that he played a punk rocker on daytime more than once lol. 

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/meet-ghs-don-harvey/

I will give the list one thing: I don't watch B&B and maybe CBS shells out money for that soap, but the few times I caught B&B, it didn't look completely joyless and ugly. I don't know a wit about storylines, but it looks so glossy and glamorous. Maybe limited to a half hour helps with production.

• Love 2

Heads up:

Due to President Obama’s end-of-the-year address, a new episode of GH will not be shown on Friday, December 16. As compensation, instead of airing a repeat on Friday, December 23, a new episode will air, so fans won’t miss a thing.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm torn.  I did love TW as Alex Olanov on OLTL, but if she is playing Olivia Jerome, that character is just so redundant.

That's exactly my thing. This is adding a character that's more of the same. 

• Love 5

I mean, it would be worth it if they all banded together to pull a Jerome coup and take down Sonny for good. But we know that's obviously never going to happen. So it's pretty pointless. I'm guessing she'll be a limited stay a la BW.

ETA...does Olivia have history with Lucy?

Doesn't she have history with Anna because of yeah, I won't say it.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  We already have Ava and Julian, what does Olivia offer that they don't?

Her dad was obsessed with Lucy. Robin found his dead body, lol.

Olivia was obsessed with Duke. She was the reason Anna lost their baby.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just looking for a silver lining.  If Olivia creates some kind of story for Lucy besides flogging real estate, I'd appreciate that least.

I doubt she'll be really involved with Lucy. She'll come back for Julian (he killed her) and Anna.

• Love 1

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-ghs-maurice-benard-gets-personal/

Digest: Sonny’s facing the possibility of going to jail now because of how Morgan died. Do you think he feels like that’s what he deserves?
Benard: Oh, yeah. He feels like, if he doesn’t kill himself, he can at least go to prison. All these fans who go, “Oh, Sonny has never paid for his lifestyle, for his crimes,” well, that’s why I’m doing this acting. For them. So that they can know that Sonny is suffering. So, all those people going, “He doesn’t pay, he doesn’t pay,” well, what are you gonna say now?

u ok mo?

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  We already have Ava and Julian, what does Olivia offer that they don't?

Someone new for Sonny to bang on AJ's grave or Julian's after he murders him.  Or possibly on Julian's dead body.  I give it like a month before they're in bed.  Sonny has been without Carly for too long. 

Just now, ulkis said:

Digest: Sonny’s facing the possibility of going to jail now because of how Morgan died. Do you think he feels like that’s what he deserves?
Benard: Oh, yeah. He feels like, if he doesn’t kill himself, he can at least go to prison. All these fans who go, “Oh, Sonny has never paid for his lifestyle, for his crimes,” well, that’s why I’m doing this acting. For them. So that they can know that Sonny is suffering. So, all those people going, “He doesn’t pay, he doesn’t pay,” well, what are you gonna say now?

u ok mo?

He should have paid when he murdered that dude and then tried to hide the recording, but got pardoned?  You know, AJ?  Or at least admit that murdering him was wrong and not be a total tool about it to this day, perhaps.  Like, learn something.  Just a touch of character growth might be nice. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

well, what are you gonna say now?

That Sonny was in jail for about two seconds before he found out he wasn't responsible for Morgan's death?  That, really, Sonny should still be in jail paying for AJ's murder?

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

u ok mo?

Ugh, he's such an ass.

• Love 5

He sounds so weird in this interview.

Digest: Sonny has two surviving sons, Dante and Michael. How do you see his relationships with them at this stage?

Benard: Michael’s a traitor. He hates me, boy — [adopts sneering tone] “My dad, my dad!” But Dante’s cool; he’s coming around. I love Dominic [Zamprogna, Dante]. I love Chad [Duell, Michael], too, I’m just joking about Michael. They’re both great. All my kids are great!

Digest: As if Sonny doesn’t have enough to worry about, all of a sudden, Jax is back in the mix.
Benard: I love Ingo [Rademacher]. We’re friends and he’s kind of funny, so we laugh and do Snapchats. As characters, though, we just hate each other. Sonny hates him! I did a scene today where I talked about him like I wanted to tear his head off! But me and Ingo, we’re so far from that.

Michael's a jerk! Jax is a jerk! But I love Chad and Ingo! Alright, if he's worried about people thinking he hates Chad and Ingo he needs to lay off jokes that can't be interpreted properly in print.

I don't know if the weirdness is him or Soap Opera Digest or what.

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You can tell Mo is over playing Sonny and Carly romantically.

I mean, he was never under them, as Ross Gellar said, for as long as LW has been playing Carly at least. I don't think either of them like romantic Carly and Sonny but went along with it because there weren't really any other options at the moment.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm guessing she'll be a limited stay a la BW.

If she truly is in and out, that might work. But I agree she's not necessary.

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm gonna say Sonny still doesn't pay for his crimes. Oh, he plays the martyr/victim extremely well, but 9/10 times Sonny is found innocent or not directly responsible anyway. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I mean, he was never under them, as Ross Gellar said, for as long as LW has been playing Carly at least. I don't think either of them like romantic Carly and Sonny but went along with it because there weren't really any other options at the moment.

I don't think Sonny is a character who needs a love interest, TBH. It always amazed me that they had to attach him to someone.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't think Sonny is a character who needs a love interest, TBH. It always amazed me that they had to attach him to someone.

Or at least, a serious love interest. But they always treated all of them like they were the Next Big Thing. And now "I love you" is worth nothing coming out of Sonny's mouth as a result.

But yeah, you'd think he'd have enough going on that he wouldn't have to have a constant parade of love interests as well.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
Just now, ulkis said:

Or at least, a serious love interest. But they always treated all of them like they were the Next Big Thing. And now "I love you" is worth nothing coming out of Sonny's mouth as a result.

They always treated the current chick like she was the love of his life. Every one of his relationships became meaningless.

• Love 1