Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Jamey Giddens appears to be having yet another emotional Twitter rant about today's ousting. History tells us this can only end classy and well-advised.

• Love 11

Well, it's too late for my favorite characters, unfortunately.   Not sure a new writing regime will care about them or a way to fix them.   At this point, I sort of just want FH and KMc to get fantastic jobs elsewhere and for their characters to get some sort of fix / happy send-off.

This is what Ron has done to me ... I have no optimism about the show getting better and I live in fear of even more desecration for characters I grew up with and liked.   So many people thought he would save the show after Guza and Wolfe, and he eventually fucked it all up to hell.   Grrrrrrr.

(I may have ranted about this 1,000 times or so before, but as a Scorpio / Devane fan I feel personally victimized by this regime, LOL.)  

• Love 8

Jamey Giddens weighs in and the blame game has begun.

Is he seriously blaming Ron's Twitter meltdowns (complete with threatening to call parents and principals) on GH not having a publicist? Get your head outta Ron's ass, Jamey, the bullshit comes out from both ends.

• Love 5

Is he seriously blaming Ron's Twitter meltdowns (complete with threatening to call parents and principals) on GH not having a publicist? Get your head outta Ron's ass, Jamey, the bullshit comes out from both ends.

Apparently acting like an adult and not responding was not an option for Ron?   

• Love 8

I took that differently but that is kind of ridiculous if that's what he's getting at.

What amuses me is that they're apparently trying to circle the wagons around Ron and gunning for Frank, especially JG on Twitter right now. Ron may have a thin skin but (in public, at least) Frank Valentini does not give a fuck. I remember him coming out of 2005 or 2006 on OLTL, two of the most reviled years in the show's history, and straightfacedly telling Michael Logan or someone that he would not change anything onscreen in the previous year and why would anyone think so? Cold as ice.

The other issue is, when Frank was hiring all these people, Jamey and co. were basically in "YAAAASSSSS BITTTTCCCHHHH YAAAASSSSS SLAAAAYYYYY YAAAASSSSS" mode every single time. For years! Michelle Stafford! Donna Mills! Now, suddenly, it's, 'oh, why did they hire all these awful stars?' Give me a break.

• Love 13

Literally busted out laughing at JT's tweet on this. I don't know why.

@MyJasonThompson: It's a very tough gig. But we do it for the love. We write, we act, we watch..we do it cause we love it.

• Love 1

Jamey Giddens appears to be having yet another emotional Twitter rant about today's ousting. History tells us this can only end classy and well-advised.

I felt a retooling, a Come to Jesus meeting, a revamp session, was needed in house. Not a head writer change.

good grief. From what it sounds like, there were more than one of these meetings.

Oh, and Jean! Don't know what show she was watching.

@PFossil: Thank you, well-wishing fans. And thanks @carlivatiron for the moving, hilarious, romantic, suspenseful, nutty things you brought to #GH.

• Love 1

The other issue is, when Frank was hiring all these people, Jamey and co. were basically in "YAAAASSSSS BITTTTCCCHHHH YAAAASSSSS SLAAAAYYYYY YAAAASSSSS" mode every single time. For years! Michelle Stafford! Donna Mills! Now, suddenly, it's, 'oh, why did they hire all these awful stars?' Give me a break.

All of this.  He seems to have amnesia, has someone stuck him in a freezer lately?

• Love 4
(edited)

I always suspected either Frank or Ron or both were Daytime Confidential's source for the dirt they'd spill on GH, usually about actors who objected to something on the show. There were things from the writer's room they could not have gotten anywhere else. I suppose this answers part of the question. I do wonder if anything will come out of the other side of the street.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

And unsurprisingly, on the other side of the fence, is Michael Logan:

All this animosity toward ABC is interesting and puzzling. Shouldn't we be glad the network still has faith in #GH and wants to save it?
  • Love 1

And unsurprisingly, on the other side of the fence, is Michael Logan:

Oh, please please please, let everyone get drunk and emotional! The Gawker drama is taking a lighter weekend, I need more ridiculous drama!

• Love 7

In other news, here is another #farewelltony video, featuring no beautiful young men. Instead, we have a sweet and emotional farewell from Kirsten Storms, with a brief if slightly awkward mention of the fact that Brandon Barash put a baby in her inside Tony's house while, presumably, he stared at the night sky, sipped his sherry and thought of other young rogues in other parts of the world. Also, there's those assholes from The Chew, and Anders Hove Skyping from an undisclosed location in what looks unfortunately like a terrorist video.

Also: Ian Buchanan, who says he knows "just where to find Tony" overseas. I'm sure.

• Love 9
(edited)

In other news, here is another #farewelltony video, featuring no beautiful young men. Instead, we have a sweet and emotional farewell from Kirsten Storms, with a brief if slightly awkward mention of the fact that Brandon Barash put a baby in her inside Tony's house while, presumably, he stared at the night sky, sipped his sherry and thought of other young rogues in other parts of the world. Also, there's those assholes from The Chew, and Anders Hove Skyping from an undisclosed location in what looks unfortunately like a terrorist video.

Also: Ian Buchanan, who says he knows "just where to find Tony" overseas. I'm sure.

This all sounds horribly awkward and slightly disturbing.    Now I must watch ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess

Jamey Giddens and Jillian Bowe are taking a lot of shots at 'actresses on Periscope' on Twitter re: RC's ousting, always a good look for a professional journalist. I suspect they are referring to Michelle Stafford, who is active on Periscope, but I don't know. I am no fan of the Staff and there are plenty of stories about her dating back to Y&R, but this is not a good look for anyone.

• Love 1

Maurice's tweet from half an hour ago:

I haven't had a week like this on General Hospital in a long time can't wait for next week

I don't think it has to do with Ron's firing but not the best timing, heh.

TG approves of this message I'm sure.

Well, it may have been about RC getting fired. I was told 2-3 (I think) months ago that Maurice was pissed about the writing and led an actors' coup. Which basically was him going above Frank's head and asking for changes in writing. Shortly after that, Jean Passante was brought on and was unofficially co-head writer.

My time frame might be off because of baby brain.

Intereesting. Thanks. It's just weird cause he's been tweeting about liking the stuff he's been filming this week.

Hmm, I wonder what got Maurice so annoyed? I don't remember anything particularly egregious for Sonny lately but maybe whatever pissed him off got changed.

Jamey Giddens and Jillian Bowe are taking a lot of shots at 'actresses on Periscope' on Twitter re: RC's ousting, always a good look for a professional journalist. I suspect they are referring to Michelle Stafford, who is active on Periscope, but I don't know. I am no fan of the Staff and there are plenty of stories about her dating back to Y&R, but this is not a good look for anyone.

Why would Michelle Stafford want Ron to get fired, he's been keeping her front and center.

Oh, God. I hope he's not who pushed Sonny getting the fuckin' baby back.

Why would Michelle Stafford want Ron to get fired, he's been keeping her front and center.

Why does Michelle Stafford do anything?

Well, she hasn't been exactly getting good writing either, but it's like, please lady, it's 60% your acting choices that make the role unbearable. imo.

• Love 11

Intereesting. Thanks. It's just weird cause he's been tweeting about liking the stuff he's been filming this week.

Hmm, I wonder what got Maurice so annoyed? I don't remember anything particularly egregious for Sonny lately but maybe whatever pissed him off got changed.

I remember Mo, LW, KeMo, Chad all tweeting positive story/writing stuff to Frank and Ron. Could have just been kissing ass, though.

I think Bryan Craig got the wheels in motion for Ron's firing. Heh.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, God. I hope he's not who pushed Sonny getting the fuckin' baby back.

I doubt it. I'm sure he didn't want Avery to be his in the first place. Maybe it was something like Sabrina was revealed to be his daughter. I could picture him rebelling against that.

I think Bryan Craig got the wheels in motion for Ron's firing. Heh.

Hey, there's a thought. Maybe Mo led the revolution for Bryan. lol that's kinda sweet, I'll imagine that. They WERE writing Morgan practically soulless.

Edited by ulkis

Bryan might want to take this as a lesson in the cause and effect of being an asshole on Twitter.

I dunno, wouldn't this teach him that being an asshole on twitter is worth it?

Bryan might want to take this as a lesson in the cause and effect of being an asshole on Twitter.

I was more referring to his tweets about Morgan. I never had an issue with him doing that, tbh.

Not if he wants to keep his shiny Corvette and a roof over his and Kelly's heads. ;)

I was more referring to his tweets about Morgan. I never had an issue with him doing that, tbh.

Eh, I still maintain that it was more about people not liking Morgan.  If people had been rooting for Morgan during "Operation Alcoholic", he probably would have praised it up and down.

• Love 5

If this show becomes more Sonny centric I just can't. The idea that MB went above FV makes him reek of being another TG. BMOC where the campus is pretty damn small.

• Love 6

If this show becomes more Sonny centric I just can't. The idea that MB went above FV makes him reek of being another TG. BMOC where the campus is pretty damn small.

I don't think so. MB played out a storyline that made even a lot of long time Sonny supporters start to waver on him last year. I don't think he was exactly thrilled to have Sonny betray both his sons in one fell swoop, so horribly. Whatever happened - and if it's even true , which we don't know for sure - I'm sure whatever it was was probably pretty bad. And it sounds like he went on behalf of everybody, not just himself. 

• Love 6

I'd like to think so. The last time I know of him mutineering in such a fashion was during the Angel saga under JFP and McTavish. That revolt is what sealed their fate.

(edited)

I'd like to think so. The last time I know of him mutineering in such a fashion was during the Angel saga under JFP and McTavish. That revolt is what sealed their fate.

Maybe it was even simply just hearing that apparently like 5 more teenagers are supposed to arrive.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

Why is Jamey Giddens acting like Ron was murdered?  He's a head writer on a soap opera who got replaced, like every other head writer on a soap opera ever.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

Why is Jamey Giddens acting like Ron was murdered?  He's a head writer on a soap opera who got replaced, like every other head writer on a soap opera ever.

I think that, like Ron and Frank, he honestly believed RC would never be replaced. I'm still amazed it happened, but when that hashtag heated up and Logan lit into him I had a hunch it could happen. Something was coming for him, either firing or a co-head.

• Love 1