Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

She was robbed in 1999.  She absolutely killed the scenes when Laura found out Lucky had died.  

I remember a scene from 79, maybe 80, when Laura's telling Luke about killing David Hamilton.  I was in awe that a 17 year old could find that kind of depth.  

She's always had the chops to keep up with Tony.

Yes! Those scenes in 1999 were amazing. 

• Love 2

I wasn't saying I thought those things about Genie. I was speccing about why Geary doesn't want to work with her. That's all it was.

I've watched GH since...forever.

Oh okay. My bad. I misunderstood. 

I'm still trying to make it through this podcast . . . Jamey Giddens is horrifically embarrassing. He has good points, but the way he's screaming, jesus.

I didn't last 10 minutes. I can read Jamey's Twitter rants and gross ramblings, but hearing his voice is like nails on a chalkboard combined with making me want to jam a fork in my eye. I give you guys credit, you're way more tolerant than I am.

• Love 3
(edited)

I never got the sense Tony didn't respect Genie as a performer.

I do believe there were serious BTS issues, especially in the latter half of the '90s, and that it wasn't all Tony's fault. But despite those, Tony remained the keeper of the flame in the press until the mid-late 2000s. I don't know what changed then, but by then, IMO, it was too late to take some new stand and try to reinvent history. Yet he did try and has tried.

Edited by jsbt

Poor LW, reduced to defending this crapfest of a show.

Laura Wright ‏@lldubs 6m Don't worry. We are kicking some ASS over here at GH

Scott Macaluso @samacaluso
#DOOL is gonna be on fire for fall #GH better get it together!! @carlivatiron@valentinifrank @GeneralHospital

• Love 1

#DOOL is gonna be on fire for fall #GH better get it together!! @carlivatiron@valentinifrank @GeneralHospital

Does she mean the downtrodden audience is getting its ass kicked? That the poor actors are getting their ass kicked with ridiculous scripts?

Exactly whose ass is getting kicked here?! Explain, Laura!

• Love 12

I never watched GL or CBS soaps in general, but I'm pretty sure that by the time I did watch ATWT for the year or so and a bit afterwards that Sarah Brown was on in 2004/5, my affiliate had already moved GL to the wee hours of the morning and at a weird time like 2:35am.

To be fair, I think there were a few affiliates that had GL airing a day behind way before it was cancelled. Hell, in NYC, the biggest market in the nation, they were showing GL a day behind at like 10 AM about a decade before it was cancelled. 

And the affiliate in Sacramento, for some reason, dropped the show around 1992, back when most fans thought the show was REALLY good. I don't remember the specific reason behind that, though.

Topic?

Genie saying "I hope you are as proud of L&L as I am" or something along lines in that goodbye video? She certainly gets what's going on there. 

• Love 1

I didn't last 10 minutes. I can read Jamey's Twitter rants and gross ramblings, but hearing his voice is like nails on a chalkboard combined with making me want to jam a fork in my eye. I give you guys credit, you're way more tolerant than I am.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

http://www.tvguide.com/news/general-hospitals-anthony-1048541/

Interview with TG from three years ago. I didn't remember this part:

TV Guide Magazine: So where is Luke these days in regard to Jake's death? You think he's serious about staying off the booze?

Geary: He will always lived haunted by the death of that child — you'd have to unless you're a sociopath — so there will always be regret, guilt, sadness. It's now a part of him and it has taken him to a deeper, more human place. He always knew he wasn't a hero. Now he knows there's a villain inside him. As far as the drinking goes, I don't think he's worried about what would happen to him if he went back to the bottle. It's more like he doesn't want to go through all the s--t people will give him if he does drink. He doesn't want all that f---ing noise. I do believe he could have a drink and walk away from it. He was never the delirium tremens kind of guy. He never woke up in the morning thinking about having booze. He still doesn't think he's an alcoholic and I agree. At the same time, he did handle a lot of his feelings by getting drunk...and truthfully that started when they had nothing else for me to do. That was the bad side of the Guza years.

Luke would have a drink in hand almost consistently. That cannot have been all Guza. imo.

• Love 1

Someone needs to clue Tony in that there is more than one "type" of alcoholic.  Just because a guy doesn't wake up trembling for a drink first thing in the morning, doesn't mean he isn't an alcoholic. 

Unless the ass they're kicking is Ron's, they aren't getting it together. 

• Love 8

LW has no clue what DAYs is doing this year does she? All the vets, the returns, the fact they put Wally on contract taking him from popping in on GH alone should have given her a clue. Unless GH gets new writers no way it's comparing to the other 3 soaps.

(edited)

In other news...

NEW ROLE FOR GH ALUM BARASH
By SOD • Posted: Jul 22, 2015

Brandon Barash (ex-Johnny, GH) has been cast in Lifetime's upcoming UNAUTHORIZED MELROSE PLACE MOVIE, playing the role of Thomas Calabro (Michael Mancini). The tell-all flick will debut on October 10. To check out the cast photo (and that of THE UNAUTHORIZED BEVERLY HILLS, 90210 STORY),

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 1
(edited)

Between BB's new job and all these BTS twitter comments, inspiration has struck -- GH finally has its replacement show:  The Unauthorized General Hospital.  To accommodate all the decades, it'll be broken down into: 

Mondays are 1970s day (Monty's early years; obvious sexism; drunkenness on the set; Stuart! Denise! Leslie!; Genie as a teen ager; John Bernadino breaking his hand slamming it into a wall):

Tuesdays: 1980s (more Monty and coke at the Kraft table; Tristan/Emma; Jack/Kristina; Demi! more coke at the Kraft table; Elizabeth Taylor!; John Stamos! Milton Berle! Sammy Davis, Jr.!);

Wednesdays1990s (Monty's return; Geary's return; Geary's return as Luke; the Labine creative years; Vanessa & Tyler)

Thursdays: 2000's (JFP, Guza, the rotating Carlys; Maurice; Steve; Monavie pyramid scheme/Ingo's letter)

Fridays:  The Cartini years (twitter wars! Prospect Park lawsuit; Brydog!).

Edited by Francie
  • Love 15

Someone needs to clue Tony in that there is more than one "type" of alcoholic. Just because a guy doesn't wake up trembling for a drink first thing in the morning, doesn't mean he isn't an alcoholic.

Yeah, I tend to think people who self medicate with alcohol have a problem even if they're not alcoholics, per se

• Love 2
(edited)

Go away La Geary. The only time I want to hear from him is if he decides to insult and belittle that fucknut Ron again.

ETA: whoever wrote that word on this board recently, thank you from the bottom of my Ron-hating heart!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

If this were on any network but ABC, I would watch, in hopes that he just completely spouts off on what a hideous mess the writing has become.

It was totally pre-taped. About 2 lines each from AG, GF and JE, along with some short clips.

Just found this on twitter, not sure how true it is

http://imgur.com/MvLNdpM

(Hope I did this right, I have trouble when posting from my phone...)

This may bee from the same source:

BREAKING NEWS!! Carlivati has been let go from GH. Announcement should be coming in the next few days.

We have been speculating on it for the last few days how quiet Ronnie's been, especially in light of the TG interview.  And seeing as to how bad the ratings got for that stretch there, it would not surprise me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd honestly be a little surprised if this was true.  Not necessarily that they're making a change because, a la "A Plan to Save 'Days'!", something needs to be done to address the ratings tailspin.  But I would have thought they'd give Ron a little more time/rope, assigned a co-head writer or forced him to axe some characters first.

Edited by TeeVee329

He's been losing viewers pretty steadily for years and the last two Luke Spencer stories (Fluke & the exit story) were incredibly bad. I would think anybody with power at ABC who ever cared about/watched GH during L&L or L3 would've wanted him fired for those alone

(edited)

I do think TPTB expected Luke's farewell tour/goodbye to drive the ratings up.  But are any of them all, "Oh my goodness, this is no way to say goodbye to a legacy character like Luke!" about it?  Nah.

Edited by TeeVee329

I do think TPTB expected Luke's farewell tour/goodbye to drive the ratings up. But are any of them all, "Oh my goodness, this is no way to say goodbye to a legacy character like Luke!" about it? Nah.

I think it's more like 'Wow, not even the wrap up story for one if the biggest characters ever in soaps is bumping up ratings...WTF?'

• Love 2

I wasn't saying I thought those things about Genie. I was speccing about why Geary doesn't want to work with her. That's all it was.

I've watched GH since...forever.

TG thinks he is a great actor because of all the emmys he has. he thinks Genie is beneath him. He thinks soaps are beneath him. But since he is bald, ugly and scrawny no one wanted to hire him for the big movie roles. No one gave him a prime time tv show .he blames the L&L story all the way to the bank. he inserted his big foot in his big mouth, insulted all the fans that loved L&L and they need to get over it. He needs to get over it. He burned his bridges, bit off the hand that fed him, along with Scotts ear. I bet that was his idea. Genie is so much better than him. She can act, she has class and if she returns ,I will maybe start watching. I say maybe because FrankenRon don't seem to care if GH has a fan base or not. Its their way or the highway. Every time I give in and watch a return, I want to kick myself.

• Love 2
(edited)

If I was a network suit looking for a new writer, I think I'd hit up the people who learned at the feet of the greats. I'd look at who Bill Bell Sr and Doug Marland had on their staffs & see what they're up to these days. And I would have co-head writers, at least in the beginning. There are very few HWs who can truly run shit all on their own. And if I had to, we would all take a long weekend together and immerse ourselves in GH history, especially focusing on current cast & their histories and relationships.

I don't get what's so hard about that. Just use a little common fucking sense for crying out loud!

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 10

I wish I could believe Ron is out, but I don't. And who would replace him if he was fired? Almost everyone else sucks just as much if not more.

Plus, there's still Frank there, with his grey paint and 30 second scenes and six-pack-ab priority casting.

• Love 7

I do think TPTB expected Luke's farewell tour/goodbye to drive the ratings up.  But are any of them all, "Oh my goodness, this is no way to say goodbye to a legacy character like Luke!" about it?  Nah.

I think so too.  I think they thought they'd get a bump from the Luke Goodbye Tour, and they could get away with sidelining the other vets and focusing on Ric/Madeline/Nina, Franco, Denise, and the D/V/L/D (devil!) quad without any repercussions.  Not so much.

I wish I could believe Ron is out, but I don't. And who would replace him if he was fired? Almost everyone else sucks just as much if not more.

Yeah, I think an eager (non)fan is trying to push the envelope.  The fans are like sharks smelling blood in the water right now.

And you all know why I love that analogy.

• Love 5

Not that I'd want this (despite saying the regime was better with romance and pacing, which it was), but watch ABC, because it went to this tired well before, bring back Guza if RC is ever out. I wouldn't know whether to cry or laugh 'til I puke my guts out. But then I'd know ABC was just biding time for something better since Guza is only as good as his writing team and many of them, I think, have new jobs.

But there is precedence when he came back after McTavish was ousted. And I don't think ol' Bob has worked since he left.

(edited)

Please, please, please, please be true. I know the current crop of head writers in daytime are all shit, but Ron can't even write one decent romance and that to me is a capital offense in soap land. If nothing else we might actually be finally be able to be rid of his awful creations (Kiki, Silas, Nina, Ava, Nathan, Obrecht, Madeline, et al).

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 2