Type keyword(s) to search

Stephanie Tanner: How Rude! (Jodie Sweetin)

We got some Dancing Continuity with Stephanie teaching the girls in Episode 6 cool dance moves.

Really (as everyone's saying in the episode threads) Stephanie/Jodie has been the best character. Andrea as Kimmy has been pretty good too, but Stephanie's had the meatiest bits.

• Love 2

Stephanie was my favorite of the kids on the main show, and she's by far my favorite character on this show. To the point where when she's not in scenes, I am waiting for her to appear. Jodie is doing such a great job, has great chemistry with everyone, comedic timing, and despite her rough past, I think she looks awesome. Stephanie/Kimmy's evolving relationship is also a highlight for me. 

It's so nice as a Stephanie fan to see her get the appreciation she deserves, since that little brat Michelle was always stealing her thunder on Full House, even after the narrative acknowledged it!

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 3

I have to confess that in that truly awful first episode she almost lost me with the (nightmarishly bad) British accent. I was aware the fact that it was a badly done accent was part of the joke, but it still soured me a hell of a lot on her.

But over the next few episodes she totally made me forget that bit. 

Oh Mylanta... Stephanie's wardrobe was distracting in episode number one. All I recall from the second episode was that she was in a Joey-style pair of PJs.

I've always loved Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner. Thought she was the most talented actor of the Tanner brood, by a long shot. Would also be interested in hearing reviews of her book.

Has anyone read her book?

Usually I am not one for memoirs but on the flip side I love a good drug book so....

I have not read it, but I did read an excerpt that I found interesting in a horrifying way. Jodie was sober and acting as sponsor to a younger girl who was in college. She helped the girl move out of her dorm and they found a stash of drugs the girl had forgotten about. So they went on a weekend bender and then Jodie gave some drug-free motivational talk thing at a college a few days later, while still high. She cried through the whole thing because no one knew she had relapsed as she talked about being sober. I really, really hope she's got a good support system and solid foundation now, especially because she's re-entering the industry.

(edited)

Oh Mylanta... Stephanie's wardrobe was distracting in episode number one. All I recall from the second episode was that she was in a Joey-style pair of PJs.

I've always loved Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner. Thought she was the most talented actor of the Tanner brood, by a long shot. Would also be interested in hearing reviews of her book.

I always kind of wished we could have seen High School Stephanie. You could tell even by 8th grade that Stephanie was going to have a very, very dramatic teen experience. She was already trying to pick up 17-year old guys at 13.

Jodie had a guest stint as part of a crowd of popular people that Claudia gets into on Party of Five. Lacey Chabert has had a much better experience, thank god.

She helped the girl move out of her dorm and they found a stash of drugs the girl had forgotten about. So they went on a weekend bender and then Jodie gave some drug-free motivational talk thing at a college a few days later, while still high. She cried through the whole thing because no one knew she had relapsed as she talked about being sober. I really, really hope she's got a good support system and solid foundation now, especially because she's re-entering the industry.

I wonder if this is the time she's talking about...she definitely seems like she could be on something, but also trying really hard to keep it together:

I kind of wish Jodie Sweetin had done what she said she wanted to do- get a teaching degree, and become an on-set teacher for children in television shows.

As for re-entering the industry, it's gone pretty well for Wes Bentley (although he never really left- just slowed down by a lot), so hopefully she'll be okay.

Edited by methodwriter85

JS as Stephanie is main factor behind why many of us will watch a second season of Fuller House, no doubt. She's also the reason why some of us put up with The Michelle Show during the early-mid 90s. You knew you were growing up when you quit relating to Michelle's antics and started to relate to Stephanie's struggles instead. 

I really hope that the second season is more centered on her character and less so on DJ. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if DJ was nearly absent like Danny was during the later years, only around to deliver a dopey feel-good dad moment and then carefully hanging on the background bitching about cleaning or laundry. 

• Love 3

Resurrecting this thread to say I find Jodie to be much more natural than Candace. 

It could be partially due to the writing ("Oh My-lanta" needs to be retired, STAT), but nudging DJ into the prissy princess role hasn't really done her any favors. Meanwhile, Jodie's Stephanie is much more relatable and much more level-headed, oddly, than her sister.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jmonique said:

Resurrecting this thread to say I find Jodie to be much more natural than Candace. 

It could be partially due to the writing ("Oh My-lanta" needs to be retired, STAT), but nudging DJ into the prissy princess role hasn't really done her any favors. Meanwhile, Jodie's Stephanie is much more relatable and much more level-headed, oddly, than her sister.

She certainly has more depth. DJ's path in life is well defined. She's got her family, she's got her career, her competitive/super mom persona is her thing. That leaves the love triangle the only thing that has a potential for conflict. I, for one, am looking forward to whatever professional ramifications she will face for leading on her business partner romantically while in love with another guy, but that's another thread (and something the show will gloss over anyway). 

Steph, on the other hand, is a much more interesting character because none of these traits are defined. It is much more fun going on the journey with her about becoming a singer songwriter, facing commitment issues, tackling how infertility makes her feel. Much juicier stories than how will DJ handle game night with an uninvited partner. 

• Love 1

I'm only four episodes into Season 2 - so don't spoil me! - but Jodie is the best part of this show. She's the most natural actor with the best delivery. 

She is looking great, this season, too! Her hair is gorgeous and they're dressing her so great. Way to go, Jodie! 

Also, in episode 1 when she was singing with her guitar I thought she sounded so lovely and so real. Wonderful voice.

• Love 2