Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

I remembered that I'd read a Tumblr post where someone figured out the location, so I found that for you. It's right here!

Also, here's the Show Bible. Some things have changed since it was written, obviously (Waverly, for example).

Damn!!!! You're on your game. You've got the Tumblr skills down pat. Bravo ?  I'm going to have to study that map closely. Hopefully, it will also show where the BBD Headquarters are and how closely they are to the Triangle. That clawed creature in the crate that Doc blew up was stored there for some reason. I can't imagine no one knew it was there.

I almost feel sorry for the Goo, going from Waves to Wynonna.

With what Wynonna ingests on a daily basis, ingesting goo for her is probably what she just calls "Tuesday".

Ahhhhhhh!!!!  I can finally come out of hiding and join this thread. I've been avoiding it like it's Goo. This episode was High-Larry-Us. Every friggin comment was snark on toast. I absolutely loved it. The gang is back, a little worse for wear, but things will straighten out. Goononna is going to be such a thrill, much funnier than Gooverly.  I don't even mind Rosita (what's the deal with her, anyway? Something doesn't feel right about her) and Jeremy.  I thought the Gardeners were weird before, now they're just plain Devil's Spawn.  At least Mercedes and Beth are still alive, so there's hope. Tucker is the same little shitty perv he was before; at least he had sense enough to talk to Nicole, in a complete assholery kind of way. 

So, Dolls is what, a Salamander? What the Hell happened to Lucado?  Did she just wig out?  That was some cold crap she pulled on Waverly.  The Earp girls owe her a little something.

Yay, we got Dolls back!!! Though I'm thoroughly confused - I had thought that Wynonna had not known about him needing demon-juice. But whatever, that was fun. Best episode so far and not just because Dolls is back; the dialogue seemed particularly snarky(and that's saying something). Loved the shout-out to GoT - especially right after fire-breathing Dolls.

That bar/club/dancing with its garish black-and-red wallpaper looked like re-purposed Motel set from Supernatural. I expected Castiel to pop out of a door any moment. And I was quite impressed with the perfect fitting gown they had ready for the 'entertainment'. I admit I expected something entirely different but the singing number was so much better - great voice btw.

But what good is having a Tentacle inside you when it's just hulking out to deal with teenage pervs but lets a demon slice off your hand? Sure, the whole regrowing limbs stuff was cool but how about dealing with that creep BEFORE? It's not as if Wynonna would have been surprised, sheesh.

I think the 'Sisters' and the Tentacle are different entities. The Tentacle 'just' possesses you, the Sister cut off your face (thanks show for the visual of bloodied faceless Mercedes

Dolls and Doc's little bromance exchange: never was I closer to getting a bit teary while watching this show, that was awesome.

Possessed Wynonna should be fun.

• Love 1

I had to chuckle at both Wynonna and Nicole commenting on how Waverly sleeps with multiple blankets and hates the cold, but in every other scene she's running around in a crop top and short skirt in the middle of winter. Yeah, I don't think she's QUITE as sensitive to cold as you say she is. 

And I agree that the demon will probably just die of liver failure within a few days if Wynonna drinks like she normally does. Easiest demon kill EVER.

• Love 3

If the Tentacle thought it was tough  possessing Waverly, wait until it camps out in Winonna.

I laughed at The Dolls/Doc exchange - Doc: Our friend might prefer someone who is....human. Dolls: Your head looks so small without your hat. I think Dolls won THAT round.

Oh you silly goo demon. You thought Waverly was a pain to deal with? Wynonna runs on 50% stubbornness, and 50% cheap booze, so I don't see how this is going to end well for you, Mr/Ms goo demon.

Dolls is a freaking dragon! Awesome! And he's back, so that's a big point in this episodes win category. I loved Wynonna trying to be comforting (if your a lizard, we can get you a terrarium! I'm sure that makes me feel much better Wynonna), him taking out the bad guy with his fire breath, and the bromance moment between Dolls and Doc. Just admit your friends damn it!

I also like Docs friend Rosita, and Jeremy the new nerd. I especially liked him figuring out that Wynonna's coat was about to set aflame (Wynonna's face when she thought he set the fire with his mind was hilarious. She looked like Christmas had just come early), and him telling Rosita that her flirting wasn't going to work on him, with an attempt at subtlety. I want to know a bit more about him. How did he end up with this creepy black ops group? What happened to his mom? He doesn't seem like he likes his bosses, how did he even end up there?

Doc breaking out into old time speak is always great. I like that they don't go overboard with the "he's from the past" jokes with Doc, but the ones they do are pretty hilarious.

I don't know why, but that guy having a bone sword in his arm was seriously creeping me out. And, what the hell happened to the sisters?!?! Are they possessed, or had their faces torn off? How are they even alive with their faces torn off? This episode was gross. Not a bad thing, but, ewwwwww. No idea where that's going, but I'm sure its nowhere good.

• Love 1

Definitely faces torn off. The writhing faceless bodies are the sisters, and if you look closely at the replacement ladies, you can see the reddish lines around their faces where they're literally attached.

I liked what Valerie Anne said in her Autostraddle recap about the goo demon possessing Waverly vs. Wynonna:

Waverly’s back is to her sister and she says “she’s been resisting” but it’s Gooverly talking. Waverly has been putting up a fight, refusing to relinquish full control, because that’s all Waverly has ever wanted, isn’t it? Control over her own life, her own destiny. Her family was cursed and it left her out of it, so she spent her life carving her own path. So of course when something threatens her agency, she’s not going to give it up without a fight...

And guess what? Wynonna hates being in control. She was given this destiny, this daunting task, this responsibility that has already lead her to have to make horrible and devastating decisions. And Wynonna is strong, so strong, but she’s tired. Exhausted, even. So when something offers to take the reins for a while, of course her soul lets it happen.

Which is why, I imagine, despite it being the first time the darkness enters Wynonna, we see it take hold of her for longer and with more clarity than it ever had Waverly.

And Goononna is gonna be trouble, I can tell.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Doc breaking out into old time speak is always great. I like that they don't go overboard with the "he's from the past" jokes with Doc, but the ones they do are pretty hilarious.

I seriously consider adding 'Thunderation' to my active English vocab.

• Love 3

This show has gone too far into Supernatural/Buffy territory with the whole demon of week. I really wish it had stayed on track with hunting the Revenants and breaking the curse. I guess I will continue to watch (since not much is on during the summer that is new) but I am not happy with the direction this show steered toward.

Well that wrapped up some stuff but Wynonna pregnant?  No thanks, I hope that's some kind of demon fake out or something. 

Not sure we need Ewan; we have Doc's chemistry partner and Jeremy too.

I did really like this exchange:

"You've made an enemy this Friday." "It's Tuesday" "Good to know".

This was my fave so for this seaons; there was good snark overall and they are really bringing the gore, with faces ripped off and exploding heads.

Just please, no baby on the show!

• Love 2

That was intense! I've really enjoyed the past few episodes -- the dialogue has been snappy and funny and the plot has been much more coherent than usual. I like the shakeup with the new (to us) order and with Black Badge being gone. 

Apparently Melanie Scrofano was actually pregnant during this season's filming:

We had not written all of the scripts, thank God. And we knew if we were careful, we could maybe fudge it ’til about mid-season before we had to reveal this. So we did toss some stuff overboard, but a remarkable amount of it stayed. We were quite determined to keep her this demon hunter, the Earp heir. She still had to do her job. That was part of what was so appealing about the storyline — the idea that, pregnant or not, she’s the only one who can wield Peacemaker and put these revenants and demons down and send them back to Hell.

I was going through my Season Two notes, and you do find things that fell by the wayside because we had to make room for the pregnancy. But I really do feel like this was a blessing for this season. It ended up being so much deeper and richer and more emotional. It felt like it came along at the perfect time, and it was really unexpected, but I think that’s one more reason it’ll feel so fresh. So thanks Mel, good job.

Overhyped.  It was a good episode, I enjoyed it.  but the cast and crew had been hyping the hell out of it to a degree that was not warranted.  Again, very impressed that they kept the secret that the lead actress had a baby for 6 months.  How even?  But the Wynonna is pregnant reveal was okay at best.  Especially since I had been thinking about the show in my spare time (as one does) and realizing that if something happened to Wynonna it would be the (presumed) end of the Earp line and the curse would never end, revenants would roam the Ghost River Triangle forever, etc.

I knew there was a reason for the really big sweaters in the first few episodes. I had a feeling but unfortunately I'm not interested in another show that switches focus to a baby. I'm going to bow out and read about the season after it's done. 

(edited)

Well, I for one was so glad Brendan Fehr finally made his appearance that I completely missed what the Tentacle was telling Waverley about Wynonna (or was that off-screen?), he! But dude, just like Wynonna I was wondering where you and demon-killing firefighters have been during last season. And your answer wasn't that satisfying - everything else was if I might say so.

It requires a certain amount of crazy to add a third love-interest (there were sparks) in the same episode you're going to reveal your leading lady is pregnant. Btw. that's got to be Doc's kid, right? I have mixed feelings about a pregnancy story-line. Adding a kid (i.e. another heir) doesn't really gel with the tone of this show but neither does a miscarriage. We'll have to wait and see.

So, that Tentacle thingy was connected to Dolls and last time it showed up the local BBD disappeared? Is there still a BB central division and where is it? And when will Dolls come clean about all of this?

Mystery dude made another appearance and something is still up with Waverley. Yeah, talk about throwing tons of stuff at us in one single episode.

ETA: The last scene with Waverley talking to Wynonna through the bathroom door featured some of the best written (non-snarky) lines on this show.

Edited by MissLucas
5 hours ago, TimetoShine said:

I knew there was a reason for the really big sweaters in the first few episodes. I had a feeling but unfortunately I'm not interested in another show that switches focus to a baby. I'm going to bow out and read about the season after it's done. 

We know there's a pregnancy all this season, but we have no idea if there's going to be a baby... let alone a "normal" (human) baby. From the article:

"That is an excellent mystery. How did this happen? Is this actually a baby? What kind of baby it is, and what the heck are we going do with it? Those are all questions that we have a lot of fun exploring. When did this happen, or how did this happen, is really critical."

I don't like pregnancy/kid storylines on shows, either, but with a weird show like this I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if it's a human baby, it won't be incorporated into story lines until season three (if we even get a third season!), and I doubt a baby would be involved in much of the important action of the episodes.

8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Well, I for one was so glad Brendan Fehr finally made his appearance that I completely missed what the Tentacle was telling Waverley about Wynonna (or was that off-screen?), he! But dude, just like Wynonna I was wondering where  you and demon-killing firefighters have been during last season. And your answer wasn't that satisfying - everything else was if I might say so.

I had no idea Maria's "Space-Boy" was going to be in this show. Haven't seen him since Roswell.  I didn't feel any chemistry between Brendan Fehr and MS and the show runner knows better than to add a third party to the mix. While I love kids, I don't want a baby on this show.

Loved how Wynonna was messing with Haught's mind at the end. As far as Haught's uni, I hope she's the only one who got the upgrade. Makes her even more special.

I am surprised Wynonna is pregnant. I am not surprised Melanie was. She had been wearing baggy overcoats in previous episodes that made me think of them trying to hide a pregnancy. This  just confirms it. I wonder if the Earp girls are better hosts for the demons than Lucado. Also did not see that head blowing up. That was ridiculous.

Normally, I wouldn't be thrilled about a baby plot on a show, especially one based around action, but with this baby, its possible that its not a "typical" baby, like it will turn out to be something supernatural we can deal with when Melanie has her baby, or I could see Wynonna giving the baby up for adoption, or just send it away for awhile so it doesn't get dragged into this Earp curse business. If its a "normal" baby, I guess its Docs, unless she slept with someone else off screen or something.

I'm alright with seeing more of the firefighters/demon fights as uneasy allies to the gang. They seem pretty interesting, and the lead guy is pretty engaging. I think he might become Wynonna's new love interest, I definitely saw sparks between them. Honestly, I've never seen any romantic tension between Dolls and Wynonna, beyond finding each other to be attractive. They come across as friends, not people doing the Unresolved Sexual Tension thing. I don't even get a super romantic vibe between Doc and Wynonna, and they've actually slept together! They seem to be more friends with benefits than anything else. They really care about each other, but they aren't really boyfriend/girlfriend or anything. Of course, if she's pregnant with their child, that could change.

I really like this season, I'm enjoying all the changing alliances and the character development, as well as expanding the town beyond the homestead, the bar, and the trailer park.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Normally, I wouldn't be thrilled about a baby plot on a show, especially one based around action, but with this baby, its possible that its not a "typical" baby, like it will turn out to be something supernatural we can deal with when Melanie has her baby, or I could see Wynonna giving the baby up for adoption, or just send it away for awhile so it doesn't get dragged into this Earp curse business. If its a "normal" baby, I guess its Docs, unless she slept with someone else off screen or something.

I'm alright with seeing more of the firefighters/demon fights as uneasy allies to the gang. They seem pretty interesting, and the lead guy is pretty engaging. I think he might become Wynonna's new love interest, I definitely saw sparks between them. Honestly, I've never seen any romantic tension between Dolls and Wynonna, beyond finding each other to be attractive. They come across as friends, not people doing the Unresolved Sexual Tension thing. I don't even get a super romantic vibe between Doc and Wynonna, and they've actually slept together! They seem to be more friends with benefits than anything else. They really care about each other, but they aren't really boyfriend/girlfriend or anything. Of course, if she's pregnant with their child, that could change.

I really like this season, I'm enjoying all the changing alliances and the character development, as well as expanding the town beyond the homestead, the bar, and the trailer park.

I definitely feel romantic tension between both Dolls/Wynonna and Doc/Wynnona (and with Doc, it's pretty clear he has actual feelings for her, not simply tension). That said, I like the new dude as well, but this is a bit too much at this point. So let's keep him just a frenemy at this point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FurryFury said:

I definitely feel romantic tension between both Dolls/Wynonna and Doc/Wynnona (and with Doc, it's pretty clear he has actual feelings for her, not simply tension). That said, I like the new dude as well, but this is a bit too much at this point. So let's keep him just a frenemy at this point.

Agree about the Dolls/Wynonna tension, as she was checking out his body when he was exercising, and he always seems to make comments about her leather pants and his jaw dropped when she was wearing that red dress. Doc/Wynonna lacks any kind of romantic inclinations, at least from her side. To me, they just had sex, that's it. Scratching an itch, so to speak. Wynonna was determined to save Dolls, and her little cooing about getting him a terrarium with some nice plants was a sure sign that she prefers Dolls. Besides, I hate to be crude, but Doc looks like he smells and isn't very hygienic.  Wynonna should be with Dolls and not Doc and certainly NOT Brendan Fehr's character. Doc should be with Rosita, since they have chemistry.

Last thought - NO BABIES IN THE SHOW!!!!

On 7/8/2017 at 5:05 PM, bosawks said:

I'll have mixed feelings about the change if we get Nedley's décolletage....

Oh damn, you just had to put that image in my head. It's like a Tentacle worming it's way in my brain. That uni fits perfectly on Nicole. On Nedley, I'll have to claw my eyes out.

(edited)
3 hours ago, akg said:

What did Doc's note say? I couldn't make it out.

Yeah, the last word was sort of a scribble. From what I could read, the note said "I am all.....yours?"  I'm presuming that was the last word. However, the previous words were clear, but why was the last word difficult to read. Perhaps a twist?

This was a somewhat hard episode to follow. The pregnancy was a large part of the story and I guess it was the "A" story, with the widows and the sleeping spell the "B" story. Dolls was very affectionate and he was letting Wynonna know how he feels. I guess they were both (Dolls & Doc) letting her know. Still, it seems she wanted to tell Dolls, but was reluctant to tell Doc. What does that signify? To me, it seems she still has more romantic feelings towards Dolls.

I'm glad Wynonna has come to accept Waves feelings towards Nicole and she understands that Waves and Nicole love each other. Progress. What's up with the Tucker freak and how did he survive jumping out of the second story window? He's Human and has no powers, but then again, Wynonna is an admittedly terrible shot.

This episode had the feeling of a set up episode and the writers weren't ready to reveal where they were headed, so they kind of advanced the story slightly while using the pregnancy as a diversion for now. Wynonna was back to drinking the hard stuff at Shorty's, so who knows what the next episode will reveal.

It's Syfy Friday, and I'm finding myself watching "Wynonna Earp" before I watch "Killjoys" and "Dark Matter".

Edited by Jacks-Son
24 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

I thought Doc's note said "I am all in."

I don't know. It seemed like the last word had more letters than 2. "I am all in", colloquially, doesn't sound like something Doc would say.

- So you're saying I got screwed?

- That much is obvious. *smirks*

Not gonna lie, I laughed like crazy at this exchange.

Otherwise, a weird ep. Way more dramatic and serious than I'm usually comfortable with when watching the show. And I really felt bad for Hypnos. I'd prefer if Dolls killed him himself, TBH - didn't feel very in-character for Wynonna to finish him off, even if she was mad at Dolls afterwards. 

As for the love triangle, I'm not sure there's a definitive endgame love interest yet. Both pairings (or neither of them) may win eventually - doesn't see like it's been decided.

Re: Clootie - wasn't it stated last season that if she dies, Doc dies with her?.. And there was a whole episode dedicated to Wynonna talking him out of committing essential suicide by killing her?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FurryFury said:

Re: Clootie - wasn't it stated last season that if she dies, Doc dies with her?.. And there was a whole episode dedicated to Wynonna talking him out of committing essential suicide by killing her?

Yeah that's what I remember too. That was why they burried her in the salt flats because they could't kill her without killing Doc. Having said that, I am prepared to handwave it because it hopefully means that terrible actress won't be back.

• Love 1

Yes, this episode was more somber than usual but I appreciated that because I thought we had a bit too much of the opposite recently. I remain impressed how they handle the pregnancy. I really liket that they added Wynonna mentioning that she had been on two types of birth-control and that she feels overwhelmed and helpless. That last scene between her and Waverley was really intense and great - it's occasionally a too easy to forget amid all the quips what these characters go through. Dolls shooting Hypnos (and then more or less forcing Wynonna to finish him off) was impressively self-destructive.

No idea what's going on with the widows and Tucker. I often have problems understanding people on this show and the creepy sound effects and the loud score aren't helping.

9 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I really liket that they added Wynonna mentioning that she had been on two types of birth-control and that she feels overwhelmed and helpless.

Are they hinting that the child is part Demon? Hypnos said the child was as determined (read: stubborn) as Wynonna, but what exactly does that mean?

I didn't like that they wrote Dolls as so pissed that he took out his anger on both Hypnos AND Wynonna. It was sort of confusing and I'll probably have to do a re-watch but did they kiss before or after Dolls found out she was pregnant?

@MissLucas I always watch this show with Closed-Captioning.

I vaguely remember that Doc only experienced what he did to Clootie and not what other people did. Wynonna could have killed her but Doc wanted to get revenge himself so that wasn't good enough and they came up with the salt flats plan instead. I may be forced (heh) to rewatch those episodes though.

Thanks for the answers on Doc's note! I'm glad he just needed some time to adjust. I was disappointed with his initial reaction. On the other hand, I was impressed with Dolls initially but was less happy with him by the end.

26 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I didn't like that they wrote Dolls as so pissed that he took out his anger on both Hypnos AND Wynonna. It was sort of confusing and I'll probably have to do a re-watch but did they kiss before or after Dolls found out she was pregnant?

I thought the kiss was after Dolls found out Wynonna was pregnant that is why I was so shocked how he acted in the last scene as well.

7 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

He's Human and has no powers, but then again, Wynonna is an admittedly terrible shot.

Nicole shot Tucker and wasn't shooting to kill.  Maybe he landed in snow or something.

Dolls definitely kissed Wynonna after finding out she was pregnant.  Maybe it was his dragon infusion or whatever that caused his attitude at the end.  I can sort of see his point; Hypnos is now a threat (even if only to save his daughter) to kill innocent people.  I was a little disappointed Wynonna didn't really argue with him, but she's got a lot on her mind.

Interesting way to speed up the (unwanted on the part of this viewer) pregnancy.  I think they are definitely hinting the baby is something as well as human; Doc is a magically resurrected dead guy after all.   He's not perfect either, so I don't mind his initial stunned reaction.  Thanks to all for clarifying the note, I paused and squinted and couldn't make out the whole thing!

Is it me or has Wynonna needed to be saved more this season?  I don't mind the whole work as a team concept and she's still the only one who can kill demons with Peacemaker, but I remember Doc needing to step in literally a couple of times and she kicked around by the women in black (ok, under the sleep influence still).  I just recall in the show's premiere she beat up revenants before realizing she was the heir.   I hope this is intentional on the show's part.

Waverly was a bit annoying in the beginning, insisting that Wynonna make up her mind and tell people RIGHT NOW.  Waves, she just found and has time to decide what to do.  I did love their scene at the end though.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, raven said:

Interesting way to speed up the (unwanted on the part of this viewer) pregnancy.

This is another confusing aspect of the episode; did time actually advance or did no time pass at all? Hypnos claimed that this was the same day, yet Wynonna now appeared the be in at least her 2nd trimester if not the 3rd and there were shitloads of dust on phones and cars. I can understand the advanced pregnancy if the show wants to match MS current stage IRL, but all the dust seems to negate Hypnos claim.

Edited by Jacks-Son
2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

This is another confusing aspect of the episode; did time actually advance or did no time pass at all? Hypnos claimed that this was the same day, yet Wynonna now appeared the be in at least her 2nd trimester if not the 3rd and there were shitloads of dust on phones and cars.

Hypnos actually mentioned that the pregnancy should not have progressed: "Your child should have stayed as it was." "You refuse to follow the rules. It seems your offspring will be the same."

• Love 1
1 minute ago, paulvdb said:

Hypnos actually mentioned that the pregnancy should not have progressed: "Your child should have stayed as it was." "You refuse to follow the rules. It seems your offspring will be the same."

This makes it even more confusing. According to him, not only did the pregnancy defy his spell but also there was way too much dust accumulated for a single day. I think that in their efforts to explain MS's real pregnancy, they may have left some plot holes.