Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Bye Bye Byron

Gina's early departure the night before the wedding turns the wives into reception detectives. Once back in Melolbourne family's the focus with bittersweet life lessons to confront.

(edited)

It aired and it's now on streaming sites but this episode took a long time for links to become available.

(I'm in the US and watch it weekly)

I just have one question.

Does Gina have a mirror?

... Does she see that her hair looks like a lace front wig, that her makeup is applied in drag queen layers (esp for daytime), or that her ass is flat and all those skin tight dresses only accentuate the unflattering areas in the wrong way?

I'm seriously thinking she must not own a single mirror or must have never seen a pic of herself.

I just wish Lisa Vanderpump could give it a lesson in dressing down for the occasion. Would love to see Gina in a pair of jeans, nice button down too and heels like Lisa wears.

Edited by lilsadone
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Gina walking through the automatic door to visit her father just looked... bizarre. She looked like she took a wrong turn on the way to the club.

I wonder why Lydia and Pettifleur were the only two at Gina's son's birthday dinner? Kind of random choice. Gina didn't seem to take too well to Gamble being upset with her behind her back, but we didn't see any of it on camera, so I wonder if Gamble only mentioned it behind the scenes because she didn't want it to be the drama of the night?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So Gina still denies that she left the celebration to watch herself on CA. IDK if she thinks these ladies are too stupid to figure it our or just doesn't care. I think it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I liked seeing Chyka and her husband try to have a real conversation with their daughter about her future, but it fell a little flat. Maybe because they've had this discussion before off camera or because their daughter wasn't into having this talk while filming.

• Love 2

Haha! Yes, agreed! And she looks pregnant! And definitely "draggy". Funnily enough she comes from a fashion family, her sister Bettina owns a clothing line...and WHAT was she thinking dressing like that to see her father at a nursing home??!??! Oh dear...

I have to disagree with the LVP part though - LVP also is mutton dressed up as lamb. I mean wtf is with her showing so much cleavage all the time? She is almost 60. I cringe every time i see her. She is pretty low rent in my opinion, far from a classy english lady. And her calling every animal she sees "sexy"...ergh. Enough already, she keeps telling us she never sleeps with Ken, so enough with all the ridiculous sexual innuendo. I cannot stand the vile narc of a woman!

I highly agree re LVP, I'm pretty neutral about her but I think her wardrobe needs a lot of work. With her it's either some odd pink/purple dress or business casual with her shirt unbuttoned to her navel.

As far as Melbourne goes, I would say Janet is the best dressed. She's had a couple of misses and maybe a bit too much plastic surgery IMO but I think she dresses tastefully, fashionably, and age appropriately.

• Love 3

I just watched both episodes back to back so I am having trouble remembering what happened I each ep.

The wedding was beautiful. But no alternate plan in case of rain? I'm sorry that had to be produced driven. I'm sure that the venue would offer up a plan B as a matter of course without anyone even asking. I'm sure they host weddings all the time and know the drill. And who was the guy who showed up and saved the day ? Whatever, the wedding was very nice and it's clear Rick and Gamble love each other. 

As for Celebrity Apprentice gate, I mean seriously who cares? Yes Gina should have told Gamble the truth. I was actually thinking that given that the night before the wedding was a casual party in a bar, turn the damn show on in the bar and everyone can watch. e

Petti's dress at the wedding was ridiculous. You aren't supposed to try and upstage the bride. It's clear that was what she was going for.  But it didn't work. I did actually think she was right however to get offended when she was sitting with Lydia and Jackie can over and basically sent her, away. 

Janet and Susie blind date from hell. I mean Marcello seemed nice and somewhat coherent at the wedding. What happened ? It was like suddenly he became intellectually challenged. 

Chessie  = spoiled entitled brat. And I couldn't take my eyes off her fake eyelashes. She could barely keep her eyelids open for the weight of them. 

• Love 2

I loved Luke and Gamble at the wedding. Their speeches about having a mother again and gaining a son had my eyes leaking. That's a happy family.

I'm going to agree that so much of the wedding nonsense was producer driven.

I liked some of the women giving Brian a hard time over the happy endings, but it went on far too long. It started to get uncomfortable.

Chessie is a brat.

That was quite a spread Gina put together and it looked like it was homemade and not like she's had the Big Group (Chyka's company) cater it for her.

When Susie and Janet sat down in the restaurant for their double date, I thought the twist would be that Susie would hit it off with Janet's date. He is a farmer and Susie describes herself as a country girl. Then when Marcello arrived at the restaurant, I thought he was the Australian version of sweet lazy Tom Schwartz. And then he opened his mouth and revealed himself to be the Australian version of Jax Taylor. Poor Susie was tugging at her earlobe like she was Carol Burnett or hoped to summon her there.

• Love 6

It was refreshing to see a reality show wedding ceremony where the bride and groom were actually in love and happy to be marrying.  The ceremony was lovely, Gamble's gown was beautiful and the affectionate speeches were touching.  

Why it became everyone else's business about Gina watching The Apprentice the night before mystifies me.  Even if she did lie, only Gamble has a reason to be upset.  So Janet and Jackie need to let it go and mind their own business.  

This may have been from the previous episode but I felt terrible for the pressure Jackie's mom put on her and Ben to have children.  Jackie's mom is a very pretty lady though.

Gina's scenes with her dad were sad.  I really love Gina (she's probably my favorite) but I agree with the poster upthread that stated we need to get LVP to Melbourne stat for a makeover.

Watching Lydia "flirt" with the Porsche salesman was painful.  Just let us see Figaro and shut up.  And again, maybe the previous week's episode but her remark on Chyka faking it or being used to faking it was a no so subtle dig on her marriage?  

Chessie is a spoiled brat.  Maybe she should be working for a living?

Pettifleur at the wedding was ridiculous.  She really can't stand for anyone else to have attention, can she? 

The Janet/Susie blind date was all kinds of awkward.

• Love 3

What were the savvy and media-conscious Chyka and her husbanding thinking? Allowing their spoiled, whiny brat onto the show? I guess Chessie  thinks if she complains enough her parents will give her a cushy glamorous job.

Rick is an absolute sweetheart. A very rare specimen on reality TV.

I love the way Gina doesn't give a flying duck about the criticisms leveled at her. She knows that they are only doing it to capture camera time.

I wonder if Lydia and Pettifleur have an inkling of how loathsome they are.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Rick is an absolute sweetheart. A very rare specimen on reality TV.

Rick and Luke are my favorite housewife appendages, such sweethearts.

I love the way Gina doesn't give a flying duck about the criticisms leveled at her. She knows that they are only doing it to capture camera time.

Same here.  Gina doesn't have to stir pots (Janet) or get disproportionately angry (Jackie) for air time.

I wonder if Lydia and Pettifleur have an inkling of how loathsome they are.

Lydia hasn't had an inkling in years!

• Love 5

I love, love, love the dynamics of Gamble and her Wolfpups and Susie and her sons.  They really do seem like genuinely lovely people.  

Lydia.  This woman must have one of those funny mirrors because the way she was going on and old about the age of Janet's husband and him possibly having sex made me think she has a mirror that tells her she's still a 20 year-old golddigger who will be eternally youthful.  She must not be aware of how long in the tooth she is starting to look. 

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of a walking carpet for the beach ceremony?  Don't get me wrong, for our viewing enjoyment, I'm glad there wasn't - I just have no idea how Gamble was able to walk in that dress, in those shoes, and in sand!