Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Legend Of El Explosivo

Kromm

One throwaway thing that caught my attention in this one - the mention of grandparents on the Fuller side - DJ was taking Tommy there while everyone minus Jackson went to the wrestling thing.  I guess we're not supposed to think about that too much, given their presence in DJ's life kinda invalidates the premise of the show lol.

Yeah, I caught that and wondered if they were going to be showing up.  It could be an interesting dynamic to have them pop in every once in a while.

I caught that too, and it reminded me that Jesse was Danny's brother-in-law, and even though they didn't mention Pam to often, they sometimes did and Jesse was a way to refer to her or talk about missing her. So it wouldn't be that weird to have the boys' fathers family show up. Have we actually gotten a name for the dead husband?

• Love 2

Yeah, I caught that and wondered if they were going to be showing up.  It could be an interesting dynamic to have them pop in every once in a while.

Actually I DO want to meet them, because I think they could do some really spectacular stunt casting. I'd get some big names who aren't typically on sitcoms. Go the kind of "Meet The Parents" route, where it's big stars playing ordinary blue collar shmoe parents.

I just watched most of the episodes today so they've all blurred together, but I think that in Episode 8 ("Secrets, Lies and Firetrucks") they say that it's Thomas?  

Yes, they make it clear that's his name. Ergo Baby Tommy is Thomas Jr. (or some number)

I caught that too, and it reminded me that Jesse was Danny's brother-in-law, and even though they didn't mention Pam to often, they sometimes did and Jesse was a way to refer to her or talk about missing her. So it wouldn't be that weird to have the boys' fathers family show up. Have we actually gotten a name for the dead husband?

Yeah, I'd totally forgotten that unlike Joey, Jesse really WAS technically the kids' uncle.

In the original the grandparents made a couple of appearances. The one that stands out is just before Danny was the neat freak in the first season (I think) Jesse's mother (and Pams) along with Danny's mother came to visit (or maybe it was just Jesses parents) and they straightened up the Tanner house. I hope I'm remembering this correctly. So there's still time for the Fuller grandparents to visit.

I didn't love this episode, but it gave us a chance to see DJ really being a mom. Jackson was being really reckless this episode. They kind of subtly implied that DJ was afraid of Jackson getting seriously hurt because of the dad. Something nice to read into, that's for sure.

A little too much Kimmy, for my tastes. Andrea Barber did an amazing job, but the character of Kimmy works better in small doses. 

Also, Jeff Davis. Always love Jeff on my screen.

• Love 1
Have we actually gotten a name for the dead husband?

I just watched most of the episodes today so they've all blurred together, but I think that in Episode 8 ("Secrets, Lies and Firetrucks") they say that it's Thomas?

The promotional information about the show long ago revealed the husband's name to be Tommy Fuller, so I didn't even notice that his name was never mentioned in the show itself until this episode.

I thought they mentioned it in the first episode? I know the baby is named after him. They definitely say his name later. 

Hearing Candace Cameron swearing is even weirder than the first time I heard by mom say "damn". 

This episode was the cheesiest one so far, in my opinion.  And they did a little too much contriving to get it done - like leave Jackson home alone, when they had babysitters.  And how did Jackson get to the wrestling match? And how did he get there so fast? I don't might a little suspension of belief, but only if the pay off was worth it.  I didn't think this one was Worth it.  

It makes perfect sense for them to be part of their grandchildren's lives, but they need to have a reason why they can't watch the kids more often, or they will make a lot of the show's premise not necessary.  

Jesse and Pam's parents appeared for a good bit during the original run (starting in season 2, as a matter of fact). They eventually faded away, though, as the cast grew.