Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Initial comments on swimsuit photos -

Only "good" ones are Claire, Jenna, Erica and Lacey.

Amy T - her body looks so photoshopped - as though they cut 4 inches off her hip on the right side that it just looks odd and unproportioned.  Just weird.

Robin looks like she's covered in suntan oil - just odd.

Holly P. - yuck.   Way too masculine.

Chantel - double yuck.  Such obviously fake boobs and her face looks old.

Bess body looks good, but what's up w/ the sad face?

Melissa and Jenn K. look soft and boring.

Jinelle shot is just really weird.  I can't see many men finding that appealing, but who knows.

Erica and Lacey probably the best.  Jenna and Claire runners up.

• Love 3

Okay gang, we need another review about what to do when another poster annoys or upsets you. On the top of the page, there are instructions on how to use the ignore feature. I highly suggest using this feature when someone is bugging you. The mods also suggest stepping away from the forum for awhile. Also, please do not to engage the person by making a snippy comment. By doing this, it adds fuel to the fire and derails the thread topic. The thread is for talking about tryouts and training camp and speculating. It is not to speculate if a person is an insider or to discuss if a fellow person is telling the truth or not. A mod note was already in place a few days ago about this, but the situation is still going on. If it continues, non warning notices will be given out with the possible of violation points and suspensions in the future. Think before posting and be civil and respectful with each other.

Not to be mean but in a way I'm kinda glad they cut Shelby ... it would suck to give her false hope and her quit her job or make other life decisions based on hope of making it.  I hope she moves on and finds some happiness (like Hannah).  Not sure if this note belongs here or in Rejected thread

• Love 3

Oh good! I loved her solo. I'm also so glad Madeline got a barbie, I'm so excited I think she's definitely matured this year and is ready.

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

That's interesting they gave a tap solo a Barbie!  I thought they would appreciate more technical (lyrical) or more funky/fun styles

I think she started off doing tap and then took her shoes off and did jazz or hip hop. One of the girls here saw the whole thing in person and said it was really cute - I wish she'd post the rest of it on IG!! 

• Love 1

A lot of really pretty girls! 

Tasha is growing on me. Goodness, she is stunning. The fact that she was rookie of the year on the Suns also tells me she is probably a very sweet teammate. 

• Love 2

Chantel's cover is super pretty but the obviously fake boobs throw off the picture, there's a little too much cleavage there.

(edited)

Okay, I stopped back in ONLY to see who got the Barbies. (They don't show that on CMT).

Is there a set number of Barbies to be given out each year? I would think the DCC Organization would special order a certain number of Barbies from Mattel. I don't think it's a reflection on Melissa and Erica if they don't get one this year. I know Melissa's already gotten 2; Erica has as well, if I'm not mistaken. Instead of giving excellent dancers one every single year, it's nice to spread the wealth around.

As for swimsuit gals, I voted for the ones that seemed the most cover-like to me); sensual and sexy, not inside the calender shots. I voted for Claire, Jennifer and Elizabeth.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Okay, I stopped back in ONLY to see who got the Barbies. (They don't show that on CMT).

Is there a set number of Barbies to be given out each year? I would think the DCC Organization would special order a certain number of Barbies from Mattel. I don't think it's a reflection on Melissa and Erica if they don't get one this year. I know Melissa's already gotten 2; Erica has as well, if I'm not mistaken. Instead of giving excellent dancers one every single year, it's nice to spread the wealth around.

As for swimsuit gals, I voted for the ones that seemed the most cover-like to me); sensual and sexy, not inside the calender shots. I voted for Claire, Jennifer and Elizabeth.

I agree with you except some girls (Jennifer!) have received them every year and so has Lacey, I believe.  BUT again, I agree that it isn't necessarily a reflection on girls if they don't get them.  We know Jenna is one of the stars yet I can't think of a year she got a barbie? I'm so excited that so many new girls got them!! 

• Love 2
(edited)

they change the numbers every time I go to it, but Melissa's blue suit has stripes and Amy T's does not.  And they really do like kind of alike LOL

They look like in that they are both completely wooden-faced in their photos. Man those photos are a disappointment.

Is there a set number of Barbies to be given out each year? I would think the DCC Organization would special order a certain number of Barbies from Mattel.

I expect Kelli keeps a stash of barbies on hand to give away for various reasons. Holly's barbie matches her hair from last year. If Kelli still thinks that is a pretty hair color, that does not bode well, LOL.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

The article Lauren posted earlier quotes Kelli as saying she keeps barbies locked away in a closet lol

let's hope KaShara wears the right attire tonight ? 

I agree about the pics. Terrible! They are all such pretty girls with incredible bodies but somehow the photographers made all of them look awful? 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I agree with you except some girls (Jennifer!) have received them every year and so has Lacey, I believe.  BUT again, I agree that it isn't necessarily a reflection on girls if they don't get them.  We know Jenna is one of the stars yet I can't think of a year she got a barbie? I'm so excited that so many new girls got them!! 

The unfortunate thing with Melissa and Erica, is that they had tremendously difficult solo routines from the get go. I imagine its difficult for them to top great solos every single year. Can't wait to see if they vary things up a bit for next year!

• Love 4

that is a good question! I feel like you'd have to totally bomb out in camp...i am SO hoping this is a good sign for Madeline that they are really rooting for her! I would think they'd have an idea from the field routine if she was still hip-hoppy and/or making weird facials.  I mean, she looked great in all the pics.  The test will be to see if she makes alternate for SG!! I

Just so interesting to me that some of the girls I REALLY thought would have a pic in the mix aren’t…Jessica Marie, Danielle…and KaShara looked FABULOUS.  Simone is always pretty photogenic too. Hmm.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that is a good question! I feel like you'd have to totally bomb out in camp...i am SO hoping this is a good sign for Madeline that they are really rooting for her! I would think they'd have an idea from the field routine if she was still hip-hoppy and/or making weird facials.  I mean, she looked great in all the pics.  The test will be to see if she makes alternate for SG!! I

Yeah and they probably really appreciate how much she changed herself and took their comments to heart to come back a "different person" ... a bit shallow but we all know how important looks are to K+J

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Hannah got one and was then cut the next year, but that's probably different than what you're talking about.

Yeah, I'm talking about the same year. Most especially, one of the 1st time TCCs who got a Barbie.

• Love 1

Top Row (left to right): Mandy, Emily, Heather O., Jackie, Milan, Heather H., Tess, Lindsey, Whitney, Kelsey, Selina, Khalyn, Kyndall, Bethany

Bottom Row (left to right): Tasha, Maggie, Allie, Kelli, Celinda, Brennan, Yuko, Madeline, Amy, Cersten, Sheridan, Jessika

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Regarding calendar photos, what happens to vets who are cut at finals? Do they not get in any of the calendars?

I wonder that too...I think they might in like the little desk calendars? Chelsea has at least one shot in a calendar, she's posted it on IG before I think. Maybe it was because she got cut at camp tho lol

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Top Row (left to right): Mandy, Emily, Heather O., Jackie, Milan, Heather H., Tess, Lindsey, Whitney, Kelsey, Selina, Khalyn, Kyndall, Bethany

Bottom Row (left to right): Tasha, Maggie, Allie, Kelli, Celinda, Brennan, Yuko, Madeline, Amy, Cersten, Sheridan, Jessika

Man, that's a lot of girls who are going to get cut.

• Love 2
(edited)

Note: the order of the photos on the screen changes, but the actual number on each photo does not.
Cover 1 Claire (Redhead, army green bikini)
Cover 2 Robin (AA, red bikini)
Cover 3 Amy T. (Blonde, blue bikini, no stripes)
Cover 4 Jinelle (Brunette, giraffe bikini)
Cover 5 Lacey (Brunette, deep pink bikini)
Cover 6 Jenna (AA, black bikini)
Cover 7 Jenn (Brunette, black bikini)
Cover 8 Holly (Redhead, kelly green bikini)
Cover 9 Erica (Brunette, blue bikini)
Cover 10 Elizabeth (Brunette, red bikini)
Cover 11 Chantel (Curly brunette, black one-piece)
Cover 12 Melissa (Blonde, blue striped bikini)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Man, that's a lot of girls who are going to get cut.

seriously... :( and there are a number of them this year that i really like and want to make it!! 

REALLY hoping we get some more blondes and AA girls this year to help mix it up.  Nothing against brunettes and redheads LOL but there were a lot last year. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

seriously... :( and there are a number of them this year that i really like and want to make it!! 

REALLY hoping we get some more blondes and AA girls this year to help mix it up.  Nothing against brunettes and redheads LOL but there were a lot last year. 

Yeah curious if any of the vets will get cut ... there are a couple that I was surprised made it to TC  ... maybe K+J didn't want to cut too many vets?  Dunno ... I am wondering if Kitty will do another one of her scenes where she calls girls out for being "soft", not fat or overweight but soft. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah curious if any of the vets will get cut ... there are a couple that I was surprised made it to TC  ... maybe K+J didn't want to cut too many vets?  Dunno ... I am wondering if Kitty will do another one of her scenes where she calls girls out for being "soft", not fat or overweight but soft. 

I feel like the vets with possible weight issues though are some of their favorites...Megan and Amy T, for instance. I can't see them cutting Holly for weight...she just has a body type that doesn't get lean like Jinelle.  Holly is in the gym constantly, killing it...they have to know that. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Only because Kelli insists on making the girls who look perfectly fine as brunettes into redheads. I like that she tried to liven Claire up, but it didn't really work.

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I feel like the vets with possible weight issues though are some of their favorites...Megan and Amy T, for instance. I can't see them cutting Holly for weight...she just has a body type that doesn't get lean like Jinelle.  Holly is in the gym constantly, killing it...they have to know that. 

Holly looks amazing!  I can't recall if she ever got called in or told she was too soft during TC last year but she's klling it with her physique this year.  She definitely invested time and $$ into a good trainer and gym to get strong/fit/lean.  Gives me hope that with the right type of exercise and right food, I can change my body type too!

• Love 3

Does anyone know why they don't show the Barbie presentation on MTT?  The fact that they hand them out each year makes it seem like a significant part of DCC "culture" so it's surprising that they don't address it on the show. JMO

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

Holly looks amazing!  I can't recall if she ever got called in or told she was too soft during TC last year but she's klling it with her physique this year.  She definitely invested time and $$ into a good trainer and gym to get strong/fit/lean.  Gives me hope that with the right type of exercise and right food, I can change my body type too!

They called her out during practice (her and KaShara) but we never saw them in the office about it (tho I'm sure they did). 

Holly's body is #goals for me...I am more muscular like that and can dream of being that lean!! she shares her workouts a lot too which is cool. 

2 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Does anyone know why they don't show the Barbie presentation on MTT?  The fact that they hand them out each year makes it seem like a significant part of DCC "culture" so it's surprising that they don't address it on the show. JMO

they did show it once that I recall, but I feel like it was an extended scene. Was it Season 8?? 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I remember them doing it on a past MTT but not which one.

• Love 1

I think it was Season 8 extra scene because I remember Mackenzie got one. I cannot remember the other girls who got one. I wish they would show the girls getting a Barbie for their solos instead of Kelli's I am in a mean mode this year and not very tolerate speech. I know she says it for drama, but I think the viewers get the point the first few times she said it.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I think it was Season 8 extra scene because I remember Mackenzie got one. I cannot remember the other girls who got one. I wish they would show the girls getting a Barbie for their solos instead of Kelli's I am in a mean mode this year and not very tolerate speech. I know she says it for drama, but I think the viewers get the point the first few times she said it.

If it was season 8 than a pic of all the girls who got them (at least vets) is in the article I liked a page or so back (about dying hair red). And I think you are right! 

• Love 1
(edited)

If y'all aren't following my girlcrush, Tasha, on snapchat you should! 

She gave a tour of her Dallas apartment she's renting and she just snapped a video of her waiting for CMT to arrive at her apt!

She seems so sweet! She decorated the place with photos of her daughter. So precious. 

She also snaps behind the scenes stuff too. She posted a quick video of the meeting last night as well.

Snapchat: tasha_smedley

Edited by Bailey3606
  • Love 2

Must find out the rest of the girls snapchats if they're going to put more on there than instagram or twitter lol

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

She gave a tour of her Dallas apartment she's renting and she just snapped a video of her waiting for CMT to arrive at her apt!

She seems so sweet! She decorated the place with photos of her daughter. So precious. 

She also snaps behind the scenes stuff too. She posted a quick video of the meeting last night as well.

I like what I have seen of her so far! 

So wait, what does her husband do?? WIll they all just move to Dallas if she makes the team?? 

Hmm...though I see on her blog she is addicted to diet coke!!! Doesn't she KNOW that causes CELLULITE!?!?! ;-) 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I like what I have seen of her so far! 

So wait, what does her husband do?? WIll they all just move to Dallas if she makes the team?? 

Hmm...though I see on her blog she is addicted to diet coke!!! Doesn't she KNOW that causes CELLULITE!?!?! ;-) 

I creeped and found out he works in the pipeline industry.... No idea what's going to happen if she makes it. You can tell how much she wants it if she's willing to move her entire family to Dallas though. I creeped her husband's IG too and he seems so supportive of her!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

I just started a snap chat account to see the video! I think I like Tasha. From what little I've seen, she seems very well spoken and she's a glamazon. We haven't had one of those in awhile. 

• Love 2