Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Hey! I just may be able to fly down next year and watch too! Have to see how the finances go.  Sounds like fun!

I would totally do this!  I have family that live near East Texas.  I could combine a family trip and going to see Finals.  My husband thinks it's funny that I love this show so much.  I just love rooting for my favorites to make it :)

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, sunwave said:

Actually, the website specifically says the leaderboard is shown in random order, so we don't actually know who's in first place!

Wow - I didn't know it was a random order!  Makes it a lot more interesting wondering which of those 10 will be the top 3 and the winner.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

All vets

Looking at them like that?  Some of them are really not that attractive.  I mean they are better looking than I am, but just not that impressive.

• Love 1
Just now, 2134.dancer said:

That's not all of the vets. Robin, Simone, and Raylee aren't in the picture and their solo pics have been posted 

Haha - nothing gets by us!  I was gonna mention robin wasn't in there but didn't notice the other 2.

Holly P. looks heavy in that pic - what is up w/ that girl, does she gain or lose 7 pounds every day?  Her weight seems to fluctuate in one direction or another in every diffent pic that surfaces of her. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Holly P. looks heavy in that pic - what is up w/ that girl, does she gain or lose 7 pounds every day?  Her weight seems to fluctuate in one direction or another in every diffent pic that surfaces of her. 

Yes! Sometimes she looks so lean and then sometimes, i don't know, body builder-ish?

Also-- did anyone else notice Caila's lower stomach in that vet pic?  I don't think things look good for her. 

Edited by omgtv
typo
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow - I didn't know it was a random order!  Makes it a lot more interesting wondering which of those 10 will be the top 3 and the winner.

The mobile version lists them by number.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, laney said:

The mobile version lists them by number.

I just voted again on the regular website and the mobile app (mobile app lets you vote more than once in 24 hours).  Both sites had the pictures in the same order.  I hope they're actually in random order!

Gonna put in a few more votes before they're done.

• Love 1
On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM, SSAHotchner said:

Carla in in TROUBLE. I can't begin to imagine what she's going to look like on that humongous screen kicking?!? 

Still - it's hard for me to have too much sympathy. Dayum girly...you are GIVING the judges a reason to CUT you. 

Since I have next to no media savvy..where are we seeing pics of the try-outs? Even better...when anyone posts a pic, you help us social media rejects out.  

I'd love seeing photos of the the newbies. 

Caila...not Carla.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Charlotte, but she needs to eat a sandwich. Her daughter looks like her grandfather Jerry Jones.

She really does - gaining 10-20 pounds would take 10 years off of how old she looks.  Wish I had that kind of problem though ;)...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Carla in in TROUBLE. I can't begin to imagine what she's going to look like on that humongous screen kicking?!? 

Still - it's hard for me to have too much sympathy. Dayum girly...you are GIVING the judges a reason to CUT you. 

Since I have next to no media savvy..where are we seeing pics of the try-outs? Even better...when anyone posts a pic, you help us social media rejects out.  

I'd love seeing photos of the the newbies. 

Caila...not Carla.

They haven't posted any pictures of newbies yet, just vets :) I believe they're on the field now for finals dance and kicks! They'll line them up with girls who have similar looks!

• Love 2
(edited)

Unsurprising I would think this, as I am firmly Team Kat, but perhaps it is nice for the judges to see a bit of rythmic gymnastics.. Perhaps it makes a change after all the bumping and grinding!!

I'd love to see Lacey's solo, she completely passed me by until a fortnight or so when I saw her in someone else's instagram clip from a class. She is such a great dancer to watch. Just goes to show, the more they post the more fans they get ?

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

It appears voting is closed! Wonder who won?

Hmmm, mobile link is still allowing votes.

ETA:  Regular site says voting is closed.  Just went back to mobile site and it's still allowing votes.  This makes me wonder if the mobile link even worked properly at all???

Edited by SopranoKris
Update
  • Love 1
On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM, SSAHotchner said:

Valid point re: Sam.  I'm relaxing -lol. Sometimes my nitpicking gets a wee extreme extending to those who might not even be dancers. I've never heard if Sam dances or not. She definitely pretty AND smart ...which is the truly important thing. Thanks for "checking" my rude azz...I deserved it.

8 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Hmmm, mobile link is still allowing votes.

ETA:  Regular site says voting is closed.  Just went back to mobile site and it's still allowing votes.  This makes me wonder if the mobile link even worked properly at all???

Hopefully it did as I voted more times on that one!

• Love 2
Just now, NicoleS9954 said:

Hopefully it did as I voted more times on that one!

Me, too!  I put in a ton of votes for Kelsey today.  I'm hoping she gets in without the fan vote, though :)

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I would totally do this!  I have family that live near East Texas.  I could combine a family trip and going to see Finals.  My husband thinks it's funny that I love this show so much.  I just love rooting for my favorites to make it :)

I've got family in Dallas too. We should all make a plan to go next year!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

I've got family in Dallas too. We should all make a plan to go next year!

I don't have family in Dallas, but I'm retired so getting there next year would  be no problem. That would be fun!

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure the order of top ten (at least on mobile version) really is the correct order. Hunter wrote a post thanking everyone for voting and that she was currently number one and at that time she was really number one on the site. That would be too much of a coincidence. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Valid point re: Sam.  I'm relaxing -lol. Sometimes my nitpicking gets a wee extreme extending to those who might not even be dancers. I've never heard if Sam dances or not. She definitely pretty AND smart ...which is the truly important thing. Thanks for "checking" my rude azz...I deserved it.

No need to apologize for your opinion. We're all entitled! And Sam's possibly auditioning for DCC has been rumored and talked about here on the board a LOT. So it's not a leap to comment on her not being DCC ready. I've thought for a long time that if Sam wanted to audition for DCC she'd need to work to mold her body into a more DCC-acceptable shape. Nothing wrong with the way she is now. She's totally cute! She's just not DCC and she may not have any interest in being one either. :)

• Love 1

They have been on the field for at least two hours now. I would say Jackie probably got the fan vote unless there was a close tie in the top three to the point where every vote counts. I do remember seeing random order last year when they posted the top ten with the one thirty year old whose name I cannot remember, Jax and Madeline were the top three.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

They have been on the field for at least two hours now. I would say Jackie probably got the fan vote unless there was a close tie in the top three to the point where every vote counts. I do remember seeing random order last year when they posted the top ten with the one thirty year old whose name I cannot remember, Jax and Madeline were the top three.

You mean Colby?

• Love 3

Question I have on the voting for the Interviews - since only 5 or 6 judges are present in the interviews, do only their votes count toward the candidate, or are the interview watching and voted on by the complete 16 judge panel...?

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Gorgeous pic of Kat with the ribbon - I'm kind of sad for her that she has the run, because that's a pic I would treasure as an old lady ;)  I don't mind that she's playing to her strengths, and I'm willing to bet she incorporated some power moves or things she's learned this past year. At least I hope she has! I always seem to wish the best for everyone. Well, except Auto Amy. She gets my eye roll with her whining. Maybe she's just been edited poorly, but bleh. 

I wish I had known about watching them live at the stadium - I totally would have gone! Anyone else in DFW? We should have a watch party and for sure go next year. All of my friends know I watch the show but most think I'm nuts ;) It's so my guilty pleasure. 

I am in dfw area and I would have loved to go, but I'm still recovering. Next year?? Watch party?

• Love 4

I believe all the judges have a vote for all the candidates with Charlotte and Kelli having more of the say so in who or who does not make it. Judy does have more power over the judges' decision, but Charlotte and Kelli run the show, so to speak.