Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, pink317 said:

You and Neal McCoy! Lol

Ok, am I wrong, but didn't she bomb her first two interviews....not knowing how many yards on a football field and didn't know Jerry Jones?  If I'm correct, for goodness sake, none of us are trying out for the team, we all know how many yards, we can all name our favorite player and why, we all know who Roger Goodell is, etc......all of us could totally nail the interview.   Oh do you guys remember the girl I can't remember which one but she was asked who.....I want to say Condoleezza Rice....I could be wrong, and her answer was "I don't know who he is, but I love the Cowboys."  Does anyone else remember that?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

Ok, am I wrong, but didn't she bomb her first two interviews....not knowing how many yards on a football field and didn't know Jerry Jones?  If I'm correct, for goodness sake, none of us are trying out for the team, we all know how many yards, we can all name our favorite player and why, we all know who Roger Goodell is, etc......all of us could totally nail the interview.   Oh do you guys remember the girl I can't remember which one but she was asked who.....I want to say Condoleezza Rice....I could be wrong, and her answer was "I don't know who he is, but I love the Cowboys."  Does anyone else remember that?

The question about Jerry Jones was, "Who is the general manager of the Cowboys?" I think if they had asked her who the owner of the Cowboys was she would have been fine. The wording was a little confusing, and I think Kelsey is just someone who gets tripped up under pressure. I understand because I'm the same. I'm not saying that makes it ok because obviously the girls need to know this stuff and they need to be able to talk to people, but I think a high pressure interview where they're TRYING to confuse you is a little different than making appearances and speaking with people. I honestly think they had that question primed and ready for Kelsey after the 50 yard thing the year before.

It's worth mentioning that a few years prior, they asked Meghan Michelle who the commissioner of the NFL was and she said Barack Obama. She laughed it off and made the team that year. Just goes to show they take plenty of girls who make hiccups in the interview.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5

She knew how many yards, she just had a moment where she froze and thought of the halfway point on the field. If you're not a football fan and haven't really studied the cowboys, you probably won't know who Jerry is. I can forgive the girls for not knowing these questions, especially if they know and just answer wrong. Especially because the panel interviewers are TRYING to confuse these girls.

^^ I'm quite forgiving when it comes to the panel interview mistakes. I can go to pieces under stress and used to really mess up exams because my brain would not function under pressure. I know I would be one of those people who screw up and then walk away shaking my head with frustration knowing full well the answers and wondering what on earth made me say stupid things.

• Love 5
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

She knew how many yards, she just had a moment where she froze and thought of the halfway point on the field. If you're not a football fan and haven't really studied the cowboys, you probably won't know who Jerry is. I can forgive the girls for not knowing these questions, especially if they know and just answer wrong. Especially because the panel interviewers are TRYING to confuse these girls.

Haha, we posted essentially the same thing at the same time. Great minds...

• Love 1
Just now, Oranaiche said:

Haha, we posted essentially the same thing at the same time. Great minds...

Yess! I'm a Kelsey fan so I get protective of her because she's generally an amazing person lol

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I am not a football fan, I am hockey fan, and I even know who Roger Goodell is and what he does.  It would take her about five minutes to do research on the Cowboys to figure out Jerry Jones is the owner and general manager.  I know what surgery Tony Romo has had! 

• Love 4

The Condoleezza Rice question was should she be allowed to run for President or something like. The girl who answered the question thought she was a man instead of a woman. I believe her husband was in the military serving in Iraq at the time, and she had no clue who Condoleezza Rice was. Imo, that was just as bad as the girls who did not know who the president and vice president are. I do give credit to Meagan when she was joking around after making her interview mistake. At least she actually knew who Barack Obama was.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Condoleezza Rice question was should she be allowed to run for President or something like. The girl who answered the question thought she was a man instead of a woman. I believe her husband was in the military serving in Iraq at the time, and she had no clue who Condoleezza Rice was. Imo, that was just as bad as the girls who did not know who the president and vice president are. I do give credit to Meagan when she was joking around after making her interview mistake. At least she actually knew who Barack Obama was.

Now that's a bad answer. That I can't forgive lol

It's stupid to come to an interview with no idea about the organisation. You wouldn't do it in a big company for a job interview? 

I think how you handle it is the critical thing. Kelsey let her silly answer fluster her. Laugh it off and you might, just might get away with it. Can't wait to see what stupid answers we get this year, they crack me up. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kgirl38 said:

Kelsey bombed two interviews.... One, ok, you're nervous. But two? ?

• Love 4

I wouldn't show up to a job interview not knowing anything about the organization. By the second year, she knew there was a test about football, cowboys, etc. No excuse for not knowing Jerry Jones' role and/or not knowing how to ask a clarifying question. How can they send her on an appearance and/or have her converse with "the general of the army" and she can't even do thunderstruck ffs!

• Love 4

Definitely no excuse to not prep and not expect these questions (given that the show has been on the air for years) ... but that is not to say that people don't have brain fart moments.  Shrug.  That's life ... sometimes you stumble when you need to pull it together the most.

Either way, she messed up and whether it's because she got nervous or she didn't prepare or she's just dumb, we will never know ...

• Love 4
12 hours ago, pink317 said:

Someone may have already posted this but SG practicing for an extra performance that will take place on game day. Judy posted a still pic from the rehearsal but below is a clip.

Please tell me that Jenna is out there, maybe its my eyes but I can't find her. She should be to Jen K right..our left...or maybe they moved her???

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Please tell me that Jenna is out there, maybe its my eyes but I can't find her. She should be to Jen K right..our left...or maybe they moved her???

I believe she's to Holly's right (our left), behind Jenn. There are seventeen dancers in the video, so it's safe to assume that all show group members are there. The formation is just different than Thunderstruck.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Keep in mind that CMT only shows 1 question/answer or 2 out of how many that are directed to the girls. Of course they're going to show the ones that answer dumb, good drama. For all we know, Kelsey could have ROCKED the other questions and they just didn't see any dance potential.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I completely disagree. The panel interview makeup is no secret. If you are interviewing for a job in the NFL, even if it's just cheerleading, you need to know who is the commissioner of the NFL. Just like you should know the GM, owner, and current QB of the team for which you're auditioning.

And please... I bet 99% of these girls trying out watch the show. The Cowboys hold their cheerleaders to a higher standard than other teams, so yeah, perhaps Roger G isn't relevant to the Eagles cheerleaders, but he sure is to the DCC interview. 

It's all in the preparation. 

Totally agree!!!

IMHO, Kelsey made the team because she met the body type that Kelli wanted... pretty, tall, lean and big boobs!!! The end. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Keep in mind that CMT only shows 1 question/answer or 2 out of how many that are directed to the girls. Of course they're going to show the ones that answer dumb, good drama. For all we know, Kelsey could have ROCKED the other questions and they just didn't see any dance potential.

I agree. Editing is such an easy thing to manipulate, and you can't judge someone's true character off of what is shown - because they're trying to make it dramatic and interesting to watch. Same thing about the girls who are cut - they wouldn't have made it into training camp if they were bad dancers, so they only show the mistakes they make because they have such limited time on a 1 hour show.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

During deliberations Kelli called her an interview risk which indicates more than one bad or less than stellar answer but I'm sure CMT showed the most embarrassing one. I'm sure she's a lovely girl and has quite the fan base on this board. Hopefully she came in like Ken Jennings this time round. 

Lets not debate who may or may not be snarky. It is okay to discuss one or more of the girls who had a hard time during the interview process, but lets try to leave out the snarky and who is being sensitive discussion out of it please. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Would love to know what Judy thinks of Kelsey. Sounds like she really fits the "pretty girls who can't kick" category.

given that she's already showing signs of trouble (eg being taken out of the preseason show), I'm guessing she should probably maximize her experience cause she will likely be a one-hit wonder

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

That was so odd.  Jay asked her “What do you think of Condoleezza Rice running for president?” I’m almost positive that was the way he phrased it.  When I watched that I remember thinking, did I miss Condoleezza Rice announcing a run for the presidency?  My point is he phrased it as a trick question, even if he didn’t mean to.  So did he want to know if she was up on her current events or how she felt about a woman running for president?  That was not made clear.  But since the gal didn’t know who Condoleezza is, there wasn’t a clarification.  

• Love 1

Yes, I think that was the way he asked her. I thought it was about having a woman run for president. I still chuckle when he ask Natalie Wood the one question about who you would call if you had a chance to call someone before you die or something like that. I think she said Miss America or Miss USA.

9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes, I think that was the way he asked her. I thought it was about having a woman run for president. I still chuckle when he ask Natalie Wood the one question about who you would call if you had a chance to call someone before you die or something like that. I think she said Miss America or Miss USA.

That was the question they asked Erica or something like that maybe if you had one last meal and could choose anyone to eat with and she chose her dad who passed away. That was such a touching moment.

1 minute ago, pink317 said:

Robin, the new point girl?! Is Jenn injured????

Omg I was so shocked to see this!!! Where is Jennifer?! And if she's injured then shouldn't Jenna be point since she was supposedly switching in and out with her?

8 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Robin, the new point girl?! Is Jenn injured????

Robin is super cute, but I think they are doing it to confuse us. But I would love someone that we totally didn't expect to end up point!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

Robin is super cute, but I think they are doing it to confuse us. But I would love someone that we totally didn't expect to end up point!!

Lol! The cynic in me was thinking that because they know we discuss everything they post but would they be that petty?

Surely they wouldn't put a 2 year vet as point? Maybe they're trying to mix things up and put the girls under pressure from changing stuff now instead of game day, given they had to constantly chop and change last year??? 

• Love 1

Tasha looks nothing like she does on her Harlequin Romance pictures.

For how they picked on Colby and Chandler, Kelli just looks old, and with how superficial they are I am still shocked she made it.

• Love 3

They definitely took out Tasha's extensions and toned down her make up LOL  I think her hair looks so much healthier and fuller now! At first glance she looked like Ashley Nicole a bit to me.  I keep thinking she is like, their replacement for Ashley this year lol  She comes from the Suns too, blonde hair (had to take out a head full of extensions), perfect figure, etc.  

A lot of the vet pictures look way better this year too. Kashara actually looks like herself this time!! 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Is Tess not smiling?

And I love to see Robin at point if they're rotating it around. She's so cute and just appears incredibly positive. 

haha yeah, looks like Tess got the Serious Face pose this year.  I wouldn't mind Robin rotating in because she is SO fun to watch, but if they are flipping around so many girls in point Erica should be considered before Robin.  

I also think a lot of the cameos are overall better this year because no one has their arm up weird or looking back over their shoulder. Those were always terrible ones. 

• Love 5

They really toned down Tasha's Barbie pageant girl look and I think she looks beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous girl. Love her cameo.

I think most of the rookies are pretty gorgeous this year.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

They really toned down Tasha's Barbie pageant girl look and I think she looks beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous girl. Love her cameo.

I think most of the rookies are pretty gorgeous this year.

Seriously...I keep looking at it and last year I think I only liked Simone and Robin's of the rookies. this year I can't find one I hate.  Good job, K and J!! 

Wow, seriously pretty girls!! 

• Love 2