Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 8/2/2016 at 3:46 PM, QuiteContrary19 said:

I was thinking the very same thing. The thing is, this style is NOT flattering on her. And it's the only style she wears. If I find a flattering style I'll buy one in every color. IF IT'S FLATTERING. Seems she's done that times ten. The cut makes her look barrel waisted, the sleeves make her look like she has cow milking upper arms (cap sleeves are NOT for people with any arm fat-like me. Talk about making a muffin outta nothin), and we get that you like VIBRANT colors, but can ya throw on a neutral once in a while? I LOVE when she goes more boho at rehearsals, I think that boho/neutral thing makes her look slimmer and younger and it accentuates her beauty in a more youthful, appropriately sexy way.

OMG!! I have said the same thing about Kelli's dresses so many times. I finally have someone that sees it too, she really needs a stylist.  I love the way Judy dresses, she mixes it up and her outfits help her appearance. 

Also, on the comment regarding the spanks lolololololololol!!! We all know that is the only way she can wear those tight ass dresses!!

On 8/2/2016 at 5:20 PM, kalibean said:

Hate to go Steel Magnolias on ya, but I imagine she hasn't left the house without Lycra on those thighs since she was 15. Cuz she was raised right, you know. 

LMAO!!!! This comment is everything!!!! 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Charlotte's daughter.

Oh bless her! I've actually seen her at auditions and events but never knew who she was-assumed she was one of Sam's friends. She's pleasant enough to a stranger, which is what I am to her. And that's a hella lot more than I can say for her mom!!

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Charlotte is probably the smartest person in that organization, and one of the brightest people in the NFL. If she were a man, she'd be running the Cowboys, instead of Steven. 

You can tell Judy doesn't have a higher level education. Certain grammar she uses on the show make that obvious. 

Re: Charlotte-  agree that she has poise, elegance and drips wealth. Agree she's well-spoken and a beautiful ambassador for the family biz. Agree she's a Disney-movie level ice princess. I've never gotten anything other than a fake-shell hateful/sneering vibe from her, but I also steer clear. I have, however, met someone who grew up with her and her siblings and knows them as "childhood friends from Arkansas" and claims they are delightful people.

Re: Judy- well, they do live in Garland....

so im sure their backgrounds factor in to how they judge girls who auditioned or made training camp in 2016

Edited by GingerJ
Keeping it relevant

I feel like there has to be something lovable and bubbly about Charlotte or how else is she friends with Savannah Guthrie?!?!?

If Savannah is also horrible, don't tell me, I donmt want to know.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:34 PM, kgirl38 said:

I honestly don't understand the Melissa thing either.  If you were going to pick a mentor, why not pick Jackie Bob or one of the Treveno's?  (sp)  Melissa had what...one or two years? 

Melissa won Dancing with the Stars.   She is an occasional reporter with Good Morning America and Entertainment Tonight.    I wouldn't be surprised to see her on some daytime talk shows the week the show comes on to promote it.      Jackie Bob or the Trevinos will not get that publicity.   Nothing to do with Melissa's years of DCC experience.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jennifer J said:

Melissa won Dancing with the Stars.   She is an occasional reporter with Good Morning America and Entertainment Tonight.    I wouldn't be surprised to see her on some daytime talk shows the week the show comes on to promote it.      Jackie Bob or the Trevinos will not get that publicity.   Nothing to do with Melissa's years of DCC experience.

That's a good point.  I think she's also on a show with Steve Austin.

Melissa also has a contract with CMT since she had her own television show that bombed, and she was on Redneck Island last season. I still wonder if she gets to pick the girls she wants to mentor, or does CMT "highly suggest" which girls she should try to help out.

36 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Melissa also has a contract with CMT since she had her own television show that bombed, and she was on Redneck Island last season. I still wonder if she gets to pick the girls she wants to mentor, or does CMT "highly suggest" which girls she should try to help out.

Melissa is told who she's mentoring . CMT also scripts her on what to say. Sometimes she'll even say "I would never say that". They try to make it seem like she has spent lots of time with the rookies when in actuality she maybe sees them twice at the most during TC. Smh what a scam lol.

• Love 6

Interesting...I remember last season when Madeline was crying and Melissa walks up to her and ask her why she was crying. A badly acted fake scene. Funny she does not spends that much time with the TC candidates. Just like they pretend Judy and Kelli are at rehearsals every night. Bad CMT...Bad...Bad... *lol*

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

CMT assigns those sessions, and Melissa shows up, is told who she's dealing with, what she's "fixing" and what to say. I feel like a broken record, but this is just another "role" for her. She HAPPENS to be former DCC but that's not why she's here. She signs on to reality show roles. Personal connections, such as DCC, just open the door.

1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I wish they would bring up her biggest role to date, the bachelor, on this show.   she could could counsel girls who got cut by relating to her being dumped on after the final rose.  

Thank you!  They act like she got famous because she was a cheerleader.  um, no!  It was because she was on the Bachelor.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, missmansfield said:

How do that decide on the music on Making the Team?  I wish they would play the actual songs DCC dance to.

They only have rights to certain songs 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

How do that decide on the music on Making the Team?  I wish they would play the actual songs DCC dance to.

It would cost too much money and they aren't willing to pay for the rights.  I wish they would too.  Especially for the repeats.  The music they use instead is horrible.

• Love 5

Has Madeleine's dancing really gotten that much better?  Last year she was hounded for her un DCC dancing and then cut and this year before the team is barely announced she is at the top of the game.  She must have worked her butt off!!

14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Has Madeleine's dancing really gotten that much better?  Last year she was hounded for her un DCC dancing and then cut and this year before the team is barely announced she is at the top of the game.  She must have worked her butt off!!

Well if her contest video was any indication I thought she killed the audition routine.  She looked less stiff and more fluid and perky.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Beana8 said:

Well if her contest video was any indication I thought she killed the audition routine.  She looked less stiff and more fluid and perky.  

Plus she also has changed her look a bit.  Kelli hated her hair, she has definitely softened her look.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Madeline just mostly needed to learn DCC style and growl up a little. Plus the hair. 

That's exactly how I felt.  She was a great dancer, she just needed to get DCC'ed up!  I'm looking forward to seeing her this season.  Her and Holly are both so young, I could see one of them breaking the record for the most seasons.  IF....they keep their dancing current, the DCC style, and weight.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Madeline just mostly needed to learn DCC style and growl up a little. Plus the hair. 

My background is dance & I'm a Utah native with some knowledge of former & current DCC's (Tobey, Courtney, Madeline & Tasha). Our state has a rich history of dance especially in ballroom. 

Madeline was just young & immature last time. I'm uncertain whether Holly would have been able to make the team initially without her Mom's personal sacrifice. Just 18 & really innocent (active Mormon "girl" not a woman) she needed time to digest the camp experience,  learn DCC style & get her hair properly lightened (which takes A LOT more time than they gave)plus, grow out her over-plucked eyebrows.  Madeline is extremely sweet....and, it's real. She is kind, decent & will be a wonderful ambassador- she has all the makings of a 5 yr vet.  It's advantageous for K & J to invest in these young, amazing dancers who they can mold into their DCC ideal (Sydney & Jena are recent examples). It's a lot simpler than getting them when they are a bit older with social media histories etc. 

Mads is a breath of fresh air especially when I compare her to someone like Miss Shelbi Doll. Though young, she arrived at camp completely made-up (hair, makeup, no/little dance ability tho)& appearing MUCH older than she actually was. I prefer Mads tears to Miss Doll's (or let's say, her live-in boyfriends)atrocious behavior upon being released this go round.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Annette said:

My background is dance & I'm a Utah native with some knowledge of former & current DCC's (Tobey, Courtney, Madeline & Tasha). Our state has a rich history of dance especially in ballroom. 

Madeline was just young & immature last time. I'm uncertain whether Holly would have been able to make the team initially without her Mom's personal sacrifice. Just 18 & really innocent (active Mormon "girl" not a woman) she needed time to digest the camp experience,  learn DCC style & get her hair properly lightened (which takes A LOT more time than they gave)plus, grow out her over-plucked eyebrows.  Madeline is extremely sweet....and, it's real. She is kind, decent & will be a wonderful ambassador- she has all the makings of a 5 yr vet.  It's advantageous for K & J to invest in these young, amazing dancers who they can mold into their DCC ideal (Sydney & Jena are recent examples). It's a lot simpler than getting them when they are a bit older with social media histories etc. 

Mads is a breath of fresh air especially when I compare her to someone like Miss Shelbi Doll. Though young, she arrived at camp completely made-up (hair, makeup, no/little dance ability tho)& appearing MUCH older than she actually was. I prefer Mads tears to Miss Doll's (or let's say, her live-in boyfriends)atrocious behavior upon being released this go round.

That is my impression of Madeline.  I love how humble she is and I always appreciate seeing girls take critiques very seriously and come back with issues fixed and not just 'oh well'

• Love 9
15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Also she wore the least elaborate dance attire I've seen so everything the judges saw was all Madeline. That speaks volumes to how much she improved. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Also she wore the least elaborate dance attire I've seen so everything the judges saw was all Madeline. That speaks volumes to how much she improved. 

I thought that too, it was very modest and plain, so it was all about her dancing. I liked that ?

• Love 11

We're Toby and Courtney active LDS? Tasha is. how do they reconcile the huge implants, and other uh, alleged activities (i exclude Tasha from everything except styling herself like a Playmate) with LDS teachings?

Madeline looks very fresh girl next door and is cutesy enough to not look raunchy, so I exclude her. 

not judging or critiquing but seriously curious. Maybe @Annette can answer?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

That is my impression of Madeline.  I love how humble she is and I always appreciate seeing girls take critiques very seriously and come back with issues fixed and not just 'oh well'

That's exactly what I thought too.  Can you tell I'm a big fan of her?  I don't remember who said (I think it was Neil) "you can fix her hair but not her face."  I thought that was extremely rude, especially coming from him since he isn't the best looking country singer out there.  I thought her face was adorable, she just needed a hair adjustment.  And she was right out of high school.  I don't know about you guys (I'm sorry, I'm a yooper, I'm trying to work on the ya'll) but I had no idea about makeup, hair, eyebrows.  I had bushy eyebrows, frizzy hair, and no makeup....and now look at me.  I'm gorgeous!  (I hope everyone can detect sarcasm.)

And humble for me goes A LONG way.  I was taught to be nice to everyone.  You aren't above anyone.  Please and thank you goes A LONG way.  And you treat everyone with respect, even the janitor.  She seems to have that quality.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

That's exactly what I thought too.  Can you tell I'm a big fan of her?  I don't remember who said (I think it was Neil) "you can fix her hair but not her face."  I thought that was extremely rude, especially coming from him since he isn't the best looking country singer out there.  I thought her face was adorable, she just needed a hair adjustment.  And she was right out of high school.  I don't know about you guys (I'm sorry, I'm a yooper, I'm trying to work on the ya'll) but I had no idea about makeup, hair, eyebrows.  I had bushy eyebrows, frizzy hair, and no makeup....and now look at me.  I'm gorgeous!  (I hope everyone can detect sarcasm.)

My thoughts exactly! Maddie is a breath of fresh air and she will never run out of steam because she has all of us (fans) dancing vicariously through her! 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

We're Toby and Courtney active LDS? Tasha is. how do they reconcile the huge implants, and other uh, alleged activities (i exclude Tasha from everything except styling herself like a Playmate) with LDS teachings?

Madeline looks very fresh girl next door and is cutesy enough to not look raunchy, so I exclude her. 

Always something I'm curious about too. Especially as I'm pretty sure Mormons have to wear specific undergarments even with most clothing.  

Then again, look how many ball room dancers are from utah...weren't the Hough siblings Mormon? they wear next to nothing when they perform and shake it shake it lol 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

My thoughts exactly! Maddie is a breath of fresh air and she will never run out of steam because she has all of us (fans) dancing vicariously through her! 

EXACTLY!  Right out of my mouth.  I feel like she's a lot of us (not all, someone out there is not going to like her).  She's exactly what you said, a breath of fresh air. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Not 100% certain (since I'm not a Mormon)if Tobey was inactive (we refer to these inactives as "Jack Mormons")or simply not a Mormon.  Courtney is Mormon but again uncertain how active. I know Courtney's immediate family are active & I'm certain she feels the pressure from them. Her implants were painfully obvious her 2nd yr with DCC.

I totally don't get the big boob thing with Mormons either. I KNOW for a fact that my state leads the nation in prescription drug use (per capita...we love our Xanax & Lexipro to cope with marrying young, then having enormous families)& plastic surgery.  Boobs abound in the Beehive State. We've certainly got the "perfection" look down,  here in the land of Zion. 

I'm recalling that judge questioning Madeline about wearing the skimpy DCC uniform & being Mormon. None of it jives with me. I'very never understood the religious underwear (absolutely no offense to those who do)but locally, I've seen it all. 100 degree sweltering weather & I can spot the tell-tale "garment line" on my neighbors working in their yards.  I know that the Mo's have lightened up the rules for working on Sundays which I presume includes dancers for the NFL. It all smacks of hypocrisy to me which is why I'm no fan of organized religion in general. Still - pretty amazing to have 2 Utah Mormons as DCC! Go Mo's-lol! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

She receives virtually no help (they aren't independently wealthy) from family. That's what excites me the most about Madeline...seeing what she'll actually do with this opportunity.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I feel like there has to be something lovable and bubbly about Charlotte or how else is she friends with Savannah Guthrie?!?!?

If Savannah is also horrible, don't tell me, I donmt want to know.

I will say that Charlotte showed a very kind moment with Miranda Parker when it was her last time auditioning.  She never made TC and tried out so many times, always getting to the finals but never chosen.  Charlotte gave her a big hug and spent some time talking with her.  I know she comes across as an ice queen, but when you're a woman in the business world (even if it's Daddy's business), you have to have a tougher exterior than the men to be taken seriously. I agree with the above poster that if she was a man, she'd be running the organization.  

• Love 8

I think LDS is really no different than any other branch of Christianity, Judaism or Islam. Some people are strictly devout, others not as much. I have several LDS friends and none wear the undergarments and many are fairly liberal when it comes to social values, particularly for those who don't follow their faith. I did like what Madeleine said about wearing the uniform with grace, and it's certainly no secret that LDS and Utah has a wealth of dance talent.

When I was in a lingerie buying office for a major department store, SLC was our top market for "petite full busted" and recovery garments. Plenty of enhancements done by gals of all faiths, and even more so than here in Dallas :) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

I will say that Charlotte showed a very kind moment with Miranda Parker when it was her last time auditioning.  She never made TC and tried out so many times, always getting to the finals but never chosen.  Charlotte gave her a big hug and spent some time talking with her.  I know she comes across as an ice queen, but when you're a woman in the business world (even if it's Daddy's business), you have to have a tougher exterior than the men to be taken seriously. I agree with the above poster that if she was a man, she'd be running the organization.  

Plus.....in Charlotte's defense (I don't know her at all, she does seem very cold) but she has to deal with her dad and all his stupid comments that NO ONE in the football world takes seriously.  She's probably wondering "Oh Lord, what is he going to say next?"

Edited by kgirl38
  • Love 6

I asked my guy WHY does everyone hate Jerry Jones (I know next to nothing about football, we are HOCKEY up here) and he said, "he's an idiot, you never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

That's a good point...I forgot about that moment and I remember thinking it was sweet of her to do that.  She certainly did not have to. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

I asked my guy WHY does everyone hate Jerry Jones (I know next to nothing about football, we are HOCKEY up here) and he said, "he's an idiot, you never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

He's also kinda really creepy and sleazy. He's the one who wanted the DCC to be one step up from strippers. 

OT, but I saw this clip on South Park last night and it sums up what my view of him has always been. Creepy, dopey, horndog. It had me laughing hard.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Charlotte's would undoubtedly do an amazing job AND be waaaay less gross/icky than her Dad & Bro  (still shuttering thinking of those pervs).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

I LOVED Madeline! Not only was she adorable she had the best personality and was so humble and sweet.  I am SO excited for her for making show group!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think LDS is really no different than any other branch of Christianity, Judaism or Islam. Some people are strictly devout, others not as much. I have several LDS friends and none wear the undergarments and many are fairly liberal when it comes to social values, particularly for those who don't follow their faith. I did like what Madeleine said about wearing the uniform with grace, and it's certainly no secret that LDS and Utah has a wealth of dance talent.

When I was in a lingerie buying office for a major department store, SLC was our top market for "petite full busted" and recovery garments. Plenty of enhancements done by gals of all faiths, and even more so than here in Dallas :) 

I agree with you that the LSD range from devout to casual, same as in all other faiths. Madeline falls into the devout & actually "living" her faith vs bs-ing about it (Tasha?) It's why I respect her.  She speaks her religion,  AND then goes & lives it.  After the horrific Dallas police shooting she mentioned going to the Dallas Temple on behalf of the fallen. I think she's going to do a great job representing the DCC. 

Another thing about Mormons.  They are required to publicly speak in front of their congregations A LOT. She has always been articulate & will continue to make Utah & me ... proud. 

Still- after 52 yrs behind the Zion curtain one thing is very,  very clear = there's a HUGE difference between Utah Mo's vs Mo's in any other State or country. In Utah, they continue to dominate  (sometimes infuriatingly so)the social & political landscape.  Things are a changin' since they no longer are the predominant faith (at least in Salt Lake - shocking,eh).

It's probably the same anywhere you have a religion so entrenched...i.e. Boston Catholics?

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

True diehard longtime Cowboys fans hate Jerry Jones because of what he did to Tom Landry and Tex Schramm when he bought the team in the late 80s. He fired Landry, a legend, and treated him like absolute crap. 

He's also the reason Jimmy Johnson left. Two big egos, and Jerry couldn't shut up and let Jimmy win four more Super Bowls. Barry Switzer came in and won, but those were Jimmy's boys.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

True diehard longtime Cowboys fans hate Jerry Jones because of what he did to Tom Landry and Tex Schramm when he bought the team in the late 80s. He fired Landry, a legend, and treated him like absolute crap. 

He's also the reason Jimmy Johnson left. Two big egos, and Jerry couldn't shut up and let Jimmy win four more Super Bowls. Barry Switzer came in and won, but those were Jimmy's boys.

As a diehard football fan ( Who Dat! Geaux Saints!), far be it from me to say anything nice re: Jerrah "Old Perv" Jones. His poor ego has never recovered from being unable to win another Super Bowl (or even a productive post season)since JJ left. In fairness to Jerrah (& this kills me...the fairness part), JJ NEVER stayed 5+ years anywhere. He arrived in Dallas married but Jerrah even helped him pay/settle his divorce to concentrate on football. (Side note...who has JJ lived with since. No, I'm not a homophobe since virtually my entire extended fam is gay).

Back to our DCC. They completely deserve all the accolades they receive.  Compared to the money Jerrah's given to players, that frickin'monument to himself known as "AT&T Stadium"; these hard working women are a bargain.  Not to mention actually decent members of their community who give back.

• Love 3

I guess I'm the black sheep because I love Jerry and I'm a die hard Cowboys fan. I've met him several times (through my husband's work). He's smart, brutally honest, and a gambler. There's not many successful people in this world that aren't. He makes no bones about his past, his fears, and his hopes for the future. 

This video is a few years old but it is good.

https://youtu.be/44gY8ID8m9I

Edited by Sandiedog
13 minutes ago, Annette said:

As a diehard football fan ( Who Dat! Geaux Saints!), far be it from me to say anything nice re: Jerrah "Old Perv" Jones. His poor ego has never recovered from being unable to win another Super Bowl (or even a productive post season)since JJ left. In fairness to Jerrah (& this kills me...the fairness part), JJ NEVER stayed 5+ years anywhere. He arrived in Dallas married but Jerrah even helped him pay/settle his divorce to concentrate on football. (Side note...who has JJ lived with since. No, I'm not a homophobe since virtually my entire extended fam is gay).

Back to our DCC. They completely deserve all the accolades they receive.  Compared to the money Jerrah's given to players, that frickin'monument to himself known as "AT&T Stadium"; these hard working women are a bargain.  Not to mention actually decent members of their community who give back.

Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson hate each other..... They couldn't get along. He ran Jimmy off because Jerry couldn't keep his hands out of the day to day running of the team. 

Like I said, many longtime Cowboys fans hate Jerry because of how he treated Landry and Schramm. 

An interesting tidbit about Gene Jones.... Apparently she takes young men as lovers. A friend of mine lived in a building and Gene kept an apartment there. She'd see these strapping young men coming and going into the apartment. 

Edited by PrincessLeia

It really bugs me that the cheerleaders make so little (next to nothing).  I am sure the Cowboys make a ton of money off them.  Those girls probably work harder than the players and deserve to get paid for it!  I know that's the way it's always been and the girls know this going in but that doesn't make it right.  Come on Cowboys you are supposed to be the best, set a good example for the other cheerleading teams in the NFL and pay these ladies!

Edited by missmansfield
misspelled word
  • Love 7