Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I would like to see Kelsey and Maddy make it. I don't care about the other TCCs or even the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year vets. After Danielle, Jessica and Jenna are gone, I don't think I'll have much interest any more. I felt really invested in Season 1 through Season 7, with Season 7 being my favorite. I've been spending more time following my Denver Broncos Cheerleaders. We have a great team this year!. No offense intended. I enjoy reading what goes on here, but my interest is fading. 

• Love 2
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

not dumb at all!  We're human - we need to feel the human connection before being investing our energy and emotion into someone.

Did something happen with Emily?  Her account is now private - weird

Cersten went back to private too but I know she is still there. I don't know why so many go back and forth. They are probably trying to throw us off! LOL 

2 minutes ago, sunwave said:

usually when you make sassy comments towards someone that they might think are offensive/rude, it's called "throwing shade"

lol ..thanks... that's interesting - I would never have linked that together.  must now google it

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

lol ..thanks... that's interesting - I would never have linked that together.  must now google it

you're probably better off searching urban dictionary lol

(edited)
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

am I old?  cause I don't understand the shade reference ... help make me cool and explain please?  lol

Throwing shade is discreetly and subtly judging someone.  Smplsimon was implying that I could only not like/support Kelsey because I know her personally.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 2

I don't even understand how interest can fade! We only know snippets of most of the RC and rookies from last year as well. Like kashara, she was not featured much at all last year on MTT, but I find her extremely fascinating and talented. Why not give the RC and 1st year vets a chance? They could be really great women and we don't even know yet! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

haha I think it's because you're acting "shady". the slang of a new generation, you know how it goes.

Just now, Oklahomama said:

I don't even understand how interest can fade! We only know snippets of most of the RC and rookies from last year as well. Like kashara, she was not featured much at all last year on MTT, but I find her extremely fascinating and talented. Why not give the RC and 1st year vets a chance? They could be really great women and we don't even know yet! 

I only started watching the show in March (and may or may not have binge watched all of season 10 in 2 days), so I'm super excited!

• Love 3

My interest is fading a bit too if I'm honest. I think where most of the girls accounts are all on lockdown you can't make any 'connections' with them. I'm probably only interested in Kelsey and Mads because they've featured on MTT before. I know the account thing is what they've been advised but I don't get how I'm supposed to root for someone when I can't even put a face to the name? 

Anyone know whether it's K and J or CMT that have made all the girls go private? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sunwave said:

haha I think it's because you're acting "shady". the slang of a new generation, you know how it goes.

I only started watching the show in March (and may or may not have binge watched all of season 10 in 2 days), so I'm super excited!

No shame girl. I've been watching since I was a high school cheerleader (season 1) and I still watch nearly every time it airs on CMT. I binge watched a TON on maternity leave over the holidays!! Can't wait for this season.

• Love 5
Just now, Oklahomama said:

Except Tasha... She doesn't leave much to the imagination ?

I have tried to get more intel on Tasha since she is so polarizing here!  Everything I hear is that she is incredibly sweet and down to earth.  Obviously take that as you will! but if we are allowed to not like someone for what we see, I am allowed to like someone from everything I hear :) 

• Love 6

I've felt my interest waning because the incoming girls are so young.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but eight, nine years ago wasn't the age of the squad older?  They seemed more like women than girls to me.  Am I just an old now?  Regardless, I find myself getting exasperated with all the social media stuff that they now engage in.  While it is nice to have a link to them, it also shows their "faults" a bit more and dulls the mystique.  Anyone else?

• Love 6

The earliest full season I've seen is season 7! And then the odd one of earlier seasons on TV every now and then.

and can't get them on iTunes or YouTube because of European copyright laws. Ugh laws schmaws let me watch my cheerleader program!!!! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JC123 said:

My interest is fading a bit too if I'm honest. I think where most of the girls accounts are all on lockdown you can't make any 'connections' with them. I'm probably only interested in Kelsey and Mads because they've featured on MTT before. I know the account thing is what they've been advised but I don't get how I'm supposed to root for someone when I can't even put a face to the name? 

Anyone know whether it's K and J or CMT that have made all the girls go private? 

I know, it is kind of frustrating but they probably assume there is just a small fanbase of us who follow DCC all year and the rest only remember it near the time of the show coming out lol  

I would think Kelli would care more about the girls not sharing much, more than CMT.  Reality shows in essence thrive on gossip and rumors so they'd probably like it if the girls shared more and got people talking. that is all my GUESS though!!! 

1 minute ago, JC123 said:

The earliest full season I've seen is season 7! And then the odd one of earlier seasons on TV every now and then.

and can't get them on iTunes or YouTube because of European copyright laws. Ugh laws schmaws let me watch my cheerleader program!!!! 

hmm...what about Amazon? I ended up buying most of the seasons from there (they just don't have the first two) 

• Love 1

Didn't they have a whole seminar on social media one year? I would think they do that every year but don't film it because only that one year was interesting with the examples lol. I think the whole basis of going private is that only the people you want to see your stuff can, so you can post pictures from training camp or something without just any body seeing it so that it doesn't spoil the show as well.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have tried to get more intel on Tasha since she is so polarizing here!  Everything I hear is that she is incredibly sweet and down to earth.  Obviously take that as you will! but if we are allowed to not like someone for what we see, I am allowed to like someone from everything I hear :) 

Oh I definitely don't think she's a bad person, or rude, stuck up, etc. she's just the only RC that we know is verrrrry open with her life! And shoot if I looked that good, I would put it all out there too!

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, Jackie (fan vote) was also cut. 

Seems like the fan vote is almost the "kiss of death".  The only one that made it was Loren.  All the other FV winners have been cut:  Vivian, Colby and now, Jackie.

• Love 2

Just wondering, do we have any confirmation it's Jackie? The only thing I remember was the page on the website, which specifically stated it they weren't in any specific order.

(edited)

Jax was in the FV  top 3 last year (along with Madeline) and she made the squad. Were there any other girls in the top 3 FV from previous seasons who made the squad?  Wasn't Ashley Pro?

Edited by MrsEVH

Sorry these are so small, I will work on them more later. Just wanted a quick visual. I'd like to add a B for Barbie by the ones who got them but I don't know my list is accurate. 

Cut DCC TCC pg 1-240x427-200x400.jpg

Cut DCC TCC pg 2-240x427-200x400.jpg

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I know, it is kind of frustrating but they probably assume there is just a small fanbase of us who follow DCC all year and the rest only remember it near the time of the show coming out lol  

I would think Kelli would care more about the girls not sharing much, more than CMT.  Reality shows in essence thrive on gossip and rumors so they'd probably like it if the girls shared more and got people talking. that is all my GUESS though!!! 

hmm...what about Amazon? I ended up buying most of the seasons from there (they just don't have the first two) 

I have watched every season on CMT on-line. I just had to add my cable provider and account number.

• Love 3

Yeah it doesn't work like that here in England ?

The only channel with the rights to the show is ITV, and for whatever reason they dont upload them to their on demand service. Such a pain

3 hours ago, JC123 said:

Nope, not available there either. I just rely on you guys instead haha

Sort yourself out with a US iTunes account, problem solved (but still can't get season 1 or 2 there ?) the only frustrating thing is that it takes a variable amount of time - a day or three - for the show to appear after airing!

The only tricky thing to navigate is that you need to buy iTunes gift cards online to set up funds for your account unless you happen to have a CC with a US address. There are a few reputable sellers out there.

Can't get rid of the unrelated boxes .... (eta: mod helped!)

Maybe the mods should have a thread on how/where to watch, for those who can't access CMT. That would keep that discussion from cropping up in a bunch of threads. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pinknblue said:

But that only works if you're in the US!

You can't watch anything on CMT.com unless your cable provider carries CMT.  I've run into that with mine.  I have Comcast but not the package that includes CMT so it won't let me watch.  Switching to a different local provider before the show starts airing so I'll have it on both TV and PC.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I first learned the term from RuPaul's Drag Race...Latrice uses it grandly while fanning herself in season four. Great place to start your Google. "The shade. The shade of it all!"  See also, "all T no shade." 

TV is so educational ;)

5 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Except Tasha... She doesn't leave much to the imagination ?

I kind of love her...she's so ridiculous and over the top it just brings me joy. It won't even bug me if she ends up a hateful snatch, either. We need a good villain, Disney movie style. 

Maybe I'm just numb after too many years in the fashion industry plus having a few friends that live their life on social media as a reality show. I swear one girlfriend must have a photographer everywhere she goes...iPhones aren't that good! 

I'm really loving/rooting for Heather Hamilton..I think she has the same appeal as vet Jenna (love her!) but with even better technique. I know someone had mentioned she looks young, but I think in the group picture with Kacey Musgraves she's next to Kelsey (who undeniably has the dcc "look") and she looks amazing - not too "girlish" at all! She has kind of been under the radar so I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about her. Did she get a Barbie? Or was that the other TCC Heather?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

You can't watch anything on CMT.com unless your cable provider carries CMT.  I've run into that with mine.  I have Comcast but not the package that includes CMT so it won't let me watch.  Switching to a different local provider before the show starts airing so I'll have it on both TV and PC.

Yes, I said for those who CAN'T access CMT ... Pinknblue, that would include ideas for those outside the U.s.

8 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

I'm really loving/rooting for Heather Hamilton..I think she has the same appeal as vet Jenna (love her!) but with even better technique. I know someone had mentioned she looks young, but I think in the group picture with Kacey Musgraves she's next to Kelsey (who undeniably has the dcc "look") and she looks amazing - not too "girlish" at all! She has kind of been under the radar so I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about her. Did she get a Barbie? Or was that the other TCC Heather?

She has really grown on me! Esp after I saw her dancing next to Jennifer on the field during finals (in that interview clip of Jennifer someone posted)...wow! she kept up so well and has a really cute smile.  I'm hoping no news is good news on her! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Didn't they have a whole seminar on social media one year? I would think they do that every year but don't film it because only that one year was interesting with the examples lol. I think the whole basis of going private is that only the people you want to see your stuff can, so you can post pictures from training camp or something without just any body seeing it so that it doesn't spoil the show as well.

I think after the Whitney incident in 2009 they started the social media seminar.  I bet it's probably part of that huge binder they receive and go over in the first meeting. It's also a safety concern as well for the girls- people can follow check ins, track your phone, stalking etc. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She has really grown on me! Esp after I saw her dancing next to Jennifer on the field during finals (in that interview clip of Jennifer someone posted)...wow! she kept up so well and has a really cute smile.  I'm hoping no news is good news on her! 

I completely agree!! I think she looked great on the field, especially considering she was next to Jennifer! I'm also hoping they liked her on the field and that's why she's in Jennifer's group. 

Edited by AmberRP
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Moxiejan said:

That's the problem. There isn't really a perfect "elsewhere," since this discussion will be an issue in the upcoming season as well as for past ones. That's why I suggested a new thread tor it. OK? Thanks.

Actually there's a perfect place, Small Talk or Previous Seasons!

21 minutes ago, jbaton said:

I think after the Whitney incident in 2009 they started the social media seminar.  I bet it's probably part of that huge binder they receive and go over in the first meeting. It's also a safety concern as well for the girls- people can follow check ins, track your phone, stalking etc. 

Ah, the Whitney black face. Still cringe worthy even thinking of it. Speaking of social media, I think some of the girls who didn't make it to tc but still want to try out next year should be careful. I've grown to like hunter but her Instagram teeters on too Much "t and a". There was someone else who I looked at (for the life of me I can't remember!) that didn't make it and I thought the same thing. 

• Love 2