Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Then that is weird that they push so much for pointed feet during TC...didn't they call Kyndall out for her flexed feet last year? And she made an excuse about never dancing in tennis shoes so it was hard for her? I could be mis-remembering that lol 

No, you're right. I've always assumed that they stress the pointed feet because it IS harder to point in boots. If her feet aren't pointed in sneakers, they for damn sure won't be pointed in boots.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Resting B*tch Face

Which I don't think is all that horrible for anyone to have and I definitely don't count it against Amy because she's obviously concentrating whenever someone calls her out on it. She has a beautiful smile when she's "on", so I just don't see the issue.

• Love 4

I'm not Amy's biggest fan by any means, but yeah, I can't hold the RBF thing against her because I totally have it myself. If I had a nickel for every time someone asks me what's wrong when everything is perfectly fine and I'm just making my normal face, I'd be a rich lady. I'm a generally happy and well-adjusted person with a serious face, lol.

• Love 7

I'm personally rooting for Auto Amy, Emily, Kyndall, and Kelsey (and Amy T simply because she and I are both from Columbia MO), for no reason other than I get good vibes from them all. I've liked RC before and not really cared if they made the team but these gals I'm hoping can pull it off! I'm a Chiefs fan through and through (also the reason why I pulled so hard for Ashley Paige) but I'm a DCC fan long before a Chiefs Cheerleader Fan. I hope cameos were great strides for them all!!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, spazette said:

I'm personally rooting for Auto Amy, Emily, Kyndall, and Kelsey (and Amy T simply because she and I are both from Columbia MO), for no reason other than I get good vibes from them all. I've liked RC before and not really cared if they made the team but these gals I'm hoping can pull it off! I'm a Chiefs fan through and through (also the reason why I pulled so hard for Ashley Paige) but I'm a DCC fan long before a Chiefs Cheerleader Fan. I hope cameos were great strides for them all!!

Me too!! Go Chiefs!

• Love 2

Agh some of those kicks are pretty bad.. Hoping it was either fatigue or a just a bad picture. Especially those that have been in training camp previously, I'd have been stretching and kicking every day and night for the last year if I knew they were ropey and it was a "life long dream" as so many of them say.. I'd make sure I was kicking my nose by now.

So I've been a dancer/gymnast (I used to flit between the two depending on what injuries i had at the time ha) for most of my life ok.. I haven't been for a good few years now but I am still super flexible, can still kick pretty high and stretch regularly. The thought of jumping that high and landing in the splits makes me want to cry!!! Like actual, real tears!!!! 

• Love 1

I'm on the lookout for a "God has a plan/next chapter on my journey/it wasn't the right time this year/other generic rejection speech" on social media but nothing here just yet.. 

• Love 2

I can tell much from my phone with that training camp photo, but in the kick line pick, who is the girl Second from the end who looks like he whole body is turned a different direction. Like everyone else is kicking to our right, but she's struggling to kick forward, so turning her pelvis and flinging her leg just as high as she can get it. 

21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I can tell much from my phone with that training camp photo, but in the kick line pick, who is the girl Second from the end who looks like he whole body is turned a different direction. Like everyone else is kicking to our right, but she's struggling to kick forward, so turning her pelvis and flinging her leg just as high as she can get it. 

On the left? I sure hope that isn't Madeline . 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

On the left? I sure hope that isn't Madeline . 

It is...Heather H is on the very end.  Ugh, looks like Madeline is having troubles with tight kicks like she did last year too! come on, girl!!! Her kicks looked really pretty at finals.  

The girl in the picture with a line who had her leg facing inward bothered me, was that Madeline?

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

The girl in the picture with a line who had her leg facing inward bothered me, was that Madeline?

from left to right i believe it is Heather Hamilton, Maddie, Amy Simone, Yuko (??), no idea of next three, Tasha (?), Kelsey, not sure of next girl, Selina, Tessa, Bethany, Kyndall and...not sure. 

To be honest, I hate judging their kicks off of ONE pic. I know they HAVE to get it down as one unit because pics at games coming up but they might have looked better at some point and in this one shot there's some struggle.  I know I am alone in this lol 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

This must be so stinking boring for the veterans. I wonder how much of their rehearsals are same old same old.

Right. Especially the upper vets.

11 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Also I was told that Cersten will be passing on being considered for Show Group and is simply doing the combo and other required elements like the other girls.

I wonder how come. She seems like she'd definitely be a shoe-in.

11 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Truthfully I'm not fully on board the Cersten train. I do believe shes pretty and obviously smart, but I've witnessed and heard shes not the most polite person in TC. One of those "I'm good and I know I am" types of people. Hopefully her mouth and attitude don't get her cut from camp.

I don't understand why this is an issue. Why would it be an attitude for her to acknowledge that she is good? I guess to some it may seem like she isn't being "humble" but I don't think there is anything wrong w/ patting yourself on the back. Why minimize your talent to make anyone else feel comfortable? I say GO GIRL!

10 hours ago, omgtv said:

I know the pic is from far away, but I swear I see RBF on Amy

..she is literally just relaxing her face like everyone else.

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

from left to right i believe it is Heather Hamilton, Maddie, Amy Simone, Yuko (??), no idea of next three, Tasha (?), Kelsey, not sure of next girl, Selina, Tessa, Bethany, Kyndall and...not sure.

The one between Kelsey and Selina is totally twisting, as if she can't turn her head without turning her body. Could it be ... Emily?

ETA: pretty toe point, however.

Edited by Moxiejan

The whole thing of the DCC organization is to stay humble. They don't seem like they want girls that are cocky.

(edited)

It is odd that Madeline would have kicking issues when she "grew up in a dance studio" and was a "studio rat" - learning how to do a proper kick is like dance 101.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The whole thing of the DCC organization is to stay humble. They don't seem like they want girls that are cocky.

Yeah - but they like Holly, and I think she's pretty cocky.   She may not say or tweet/post cocky things, but everything about the way she dances and acts screams cocky IMO.

12 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

The one between Kelsey and Selina is totally twisting, as if she can't turn her head without turning her body. Could it be ... Emily?

ETA: pretty toe point, however.

You know what, I think that is Milan between Kelsey and Selina! the red hair threw me off. I think Emily is actually on the other side of Tasha. 

12 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I look forward to seeing more of Bethany then in pictures and whatnot! :) I don't want to make judgments when I saw only a few pics.  She just seemed to have a very round face (I also have one!!) and I know they tend to not photograph well and make one look heavier than they are.  But if her figure is that great than that is wonderful! they do need some pretty talented girls on the 50 yd line. 

Maybe that is a good thing that Cersten is passing on SG then.  Have they ever cut someone who won a Barbie?? 

Ugh which one is Cersten and Bethany?  I can't keep these girls straight!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Bethany has actually been given a lot of praise and recognition throughout training camp. Kelli and Judy love her figure, kicks, and technique. I was told that she was told by Kelli at fittings that she had the "perfect body for the uniform...wow". Also with the loss of veteran Holly, Caila, Kenzi, and Jacie they lost most of the middle of the kick line. IMO Bethany would be a 50 yard line girl with Megan.

Truthfully I'm not fully on board the Cersten train. I do believe shes pretty and obviously smart, but I've witnessed and heard shes not the most polite person in TC. One of those "I'm good and I know I am" types of people. Hopefully her mouth and attitude don't get her cut from camp.

Agreed.  I heard through the grapevine that Cersten was rude to some of the Belk employees during the fashion show fittings. No bueno.  

Bethany is absolutely stunning! But I hear that she can dance a bit awkward when they turn the music on.  If this is true, that totally brings me back to last year with sweet Rose.  Poor girl just couldn't grasp the DCC style.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

To be honest, I hate judging their kicks off of ONE pic. I know they HAVE to get it down as one unit because pics at games coming up but they might have looked better at some point and in this one shot there's some struggle.  I know I am alone in this lol 

No, you are not alone.  One still picture from a moving kick line cannot tell us definitively who is struggling and who isn't.  No one kicks 100% perfect on every high kick.  There's going to be some variation, especially when they're not used to being synchronized as a group.  One person may be on the way down and look "lower" while another is at the apex of their kick.  A video of multiple kicks would tell us what we need to know.  I can't judge solely off of a single pic.

• Love 3

Someone commented on that "one of the girls in front looks like they have a tummy" were they talking about Jenn? I kinda see it.

I thought the same! I think it's either fatigue or a bad picture.. 

But we all know there's like a 90% chance somebody will get cut because of bad kicks.. 

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Someone commented on that "one of the girls in front looks like they have a tummy" were they talking about Jenn? I kinda see it.

Oh yeah.  That's some softness there.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Melissa Strickland had a different view of Neecie's dance!  Amy T looks great here, in my opinion! 

I think Kitty would call out quite a few of them for looking soft - "not fat, obviously, but soft".

Holly's dancing really annoys me to the point that it ruins any group performance where she's in the front.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I have a lot of favorites in camp this year (I always do), and I hate the thought of so many girls getting cut but I am really pulling hard for Amy and I hope she will be okay....I feel like if she makes it beyond the kickline and cameos she would be great.  I think she has so much of a personality she'd be amazing on camera (I remember when she got up in the interviews last year doing pose practice!) and I hope so much for her sake that it came out in the pictures.  @TXStar35 I know you can't give out more than you have or you would have already so no pressure....but I'm dying to know how she is doing!!!  LOL

• Love 4

I'm sure I'm the minority but I love watching Holly dance! It just looks so natural for her. My eyes are drawn right to her. That's not a bad thing right? I would say she's "world class".

My guess is Kelsey ✂️

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Oh yeah.  That's some softness there.

Yeah - I don't see how they can have a point girl with a soft belly - the photos alone could be really damaging to "the brand".  I just don't know - I guess we'll see. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I have a lot of favorites in camp this year (I always do), and I hate the thought of so many girls getting cut but I am really pulling hard for Amy and I hope she will be okay....I feel like if she makes it beyond the kickline and cameos she would be great.  I think she has so much of a personality she'd be amazing on camera (I remember when she got up in the interviews last year doing pose practice!) and I hope so much for her sake that it came out in the pictures.  @TXStar35 I know you can't give out more than you have or you would have already so no pressure....but I'm dying to know how she is doing!!!  LOL

Me too RAINDANCER, as a former resident of Frisco I attend a lot of the home games and the fans love their DCC's as much as they love the players. Amy has become a favorite of a team she has not yet made. If she gets those boots she will get a big warm Texas welcome to go with them. Everybody loves an underdog.

• Love 3
Just now, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I don't see how they can have a point girl with a soft belly - the photos alone could be really damaging to "the brand".  I just don't know - I guess we'll see. 

I've thought the same about Jenn for a while. IMO, if you're an awesome dancer/ ambassador (Jen), or an awesome dancer/smart (Amy, Melissa), your weight is irrelevant. They picked on Holly because she only falls into the awesome dancer category. Haha

10 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm sure I'm the minority but I love watching Holly dance! It just looks so natural for her. My eyes are drawn right to her. That's not a bad thing right? I would say she's "world class".

My guess is Kelsey ✂️

I agree! I love Holly, the transformation she has made in the last year is mind blowing. I look forward to a better cameo of her this year that reflects all that hard work. Kitty loves her too and that can't be wrong. 

• Love 4

txstar did say they were a couple of vets on a weight warning. I personally think Jen looks fine but maybe a little softer than she was last year. Hope she gets it under control cos K and J will not have her as point if they think she is soft. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

My guess is Kelsey ✂️

I really don't think Kelsey's kicks look weak at all and her dancing is great. Based on the limited info in the photos from last night, I only see one person I would cut if I were in charge and it's certainly not her. 

• Love 3