Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Nope, the TC candidates do not get paid because technically they are not on team. The vets can be sent out on paid or unpaid appearances.

Btw, I sent a tweet to Miss Kitty. She said she has not made her regular TC appearance yet.

The RC are indeed paid actually. Every girl in TC gets paid for rehearsal time.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

When do you guys think the next cut will come?  I suspect it will be as early as Monday because of the cameos.

Since cameos are Monday they won't have rehearsal till Tuesday night. I could see a cut happening Tuesday night though.

Random side note, do yall refer to the RC: Rookie Candidates as "TCC" since that's their I guess "status" at auditions even after they make it to Training Camp?

• Love 4

I had no idea they got paid! That's good! 

I think it's an interchangeable term on here - some people use TCC and some use RC. I use either lol. 

I agree with you about Tuesday! Is anyone else 'on the bubble' to use a Kelli-ism? If youre allowed to say, that is.. ?

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Random side note, do yall refer to the RC: Rookie Candidates as "TCC" since that's their I guess "status" at auditions even after they make it to Training Camp?

Yes, although it really doesn't make sense, they can't be training camp candidates because they did make training camp :)  I guess the rationale is they are candidates to make the team who are now in training camp, but that's just too long :)

• Love 1

So they do get paid. Thanks for the information TXstar35. I believe hearing Kelli and Judy call the girls who are not veterans training camp candidates on the show. I thought rookies were girls who just made the team for the first time. I think the vets are considered two year veteran candidates, etc. etc. etc.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

To be honest I love all the outfits here:

Yep - if I had their figures I would wear every one of those outfits.  Except Jenn K's though.  There are limits.

• Love 1

Jenn K isn't even in that picture is she? I haven't seen any pics of her from the fashion show but I'm sure they were posted somewhere. I wouldn't wear any of those outfits but I'm also more of a pants girl myself, haha.

(edited)

No she isn't in THAT picture but she was on the far left of the big picture posted a few pages back.  When you see her, you will understand what I mean ... :D

belk.jpg

Edited by ChlcGirl
30 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

No she isn't in THAT picture but she was on the far left of the big picture posted a few pages back.  When you see her, you will understand what I mean ... :D

belk.jpg

Hmmm, yeah. I don't dig it.

• Love 1

If the Belk show was a trunk show at a resort or somewhere there are a lot of actual Golden Girls (women in their retirement years who have a lot of money and like fashion), the clothes would make sense. In that scenario, you get really attractive young ladies to wear granny clothes, and the women say 'I'd look JUST LIKE THEM, SOLD!" But for a invite only, Belk show? Show something younger. Some of them look great. Others........Golden Girls. I'm not saying they need tees and jeans from the junior's department, but Jenn K and Holly especially - both too young and built too cute. Jenn's hat and Holly's tote amplify it.

Anyway....when did they start getting paid for rehearsal time in TC, and is that new candidates or vets, or both? Glad they're getting some sort of compensation. That's a lot of time and effort.

• Love 3
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:04 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Sorry but the vast majority of these outfits look like shee-at! Waaay too matronly, Mrs. Roper indeed. I'm 52 & definitely NOT rockin a muumuu. Sorry to those I've offended. I do love me some brights & prints (Yes Lilly P)but this Belk stuff is just ... fugly.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Sorry but the vast majority of these outfits look like shee-at! Waaay too matronly, Mrs. Roper indeed. I'm 52 & definitely NOT rockin a muumuu. Sorry to those I've offended. I do love me some brights & prints (Yes Lilly P)but this Belk stuff is just ... fugly.

What is this Lily brand everyone is talking about? Never heard of it. Did DCC use it at another fashion show? Just wondering...

(edited)
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Jenn K isn't even in that picture is she? I haven't seen any pics of her from the fashion show but I'm sure they were posted somewhere. I wouldn't wear any of those outfits but I'm also more of a pants girl myself, haha.

I guess I don't know who these people are, when I saw Jen mentioned, I thought she was the one in the middle of the Twitter picture I posted in the dress that looks like purple to me.  I don't get the granny comments, I always look at shifts as classic, not old.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MamaV said:

What is this Lily brand everyone is talking about? Never heard of it. Did DCC use it at another fashion show? Just wondering...

Lilly Pulitzer - really brightly colored resort wear. As soon as you see it, you'll either love it or hate it, but it's really big in resort areas, the South, sororities, etc.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess I don't know who these people are, when I saw Jen mentioned, I thought she was the one in the middle of the Twitter picture I posted in the dress that looks like purple to me.  I don't get the granny comments, I always look at shifts as classic, not old.

Haha, I know it's hard to tell sometimes. The one in the middle of the pic you posted is Raylee. Jenn K is far left in the picture ChicGirl posted, in the turquoise-ish pants.

30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree.  While I might not love all of the prints on the dresses, the shapes are classic.  I especially love (if we are starting from the left)  Not Jenn's outfit at the far left, but the next three - would absolutely wear in a heartbeat!  I like the color and cut of Holly's but wouldn't wear it because dresses that long swallow me up.  Actually, the only things up there that I really don't like are the pieces with the cut out shoulders.  Not a great look in my opinion though I know they are fashionable right now.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I agree.  While I might not love all of the prints on the dresses, the shapes are classic.  I especially love (if we are starting from the left)  Not Jenn's outfit at the far left, but the next three - would absolutely wear in a heartbeat!  I like the color and cut of Holly's but wouldn't wear it because dresses that long swallow me up.  Actually, the only things up there that I really don't like are the pieces with the cut out shoulders.  Not a great look in my opinion though I know they are fashionable right now.

Yes! There are some gorgeous pieces mixed in with the hideous ones. I especially love Jinelle and Robin's dresses.  

Cutout sleeves are such a mystery to me...how did they ever even become a thing?

(edited)

Yes, it would be hard to get the uniform with all its parts and pieces then have to give it back (and then taken away even if it is a day or so later), but far harder, in my mind, is to get to the last day/hour/minutes before the team is announced and be cut.  We've seen people get that far and get cut.  Kaime was one and there were a few others, some of whom we never saw get called into the office before.  If that's true, and they were never called into the office (at ALL) and get cut mere moments before the team gets announced, that has to be the hardest.  I would feel that I wasted my time if they didn't let me know something was big enough of an issue to cut me JUST before the team was announced.  Still, from what I hear, at least you get notes if you're in Training Camp.  Those would be extremely valuable if one decides to reaudition.  However, if called into the office only to get cut, I would hopefully remember to ask if they think it would be worth my time or theirs to reaudition next year.  That would help me decide if I would come back or not.

Edited by EricaShadows
18 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

A video about Kelsey's journey to become a DCC.

Thank you for posting that.  She does not sound like someone who is dumb -- in fact she sounds quite intelligent.  I know the "50 yards on a football field" was a stupid answer, but who among us--regardless of how smart we are--hasn't said something really stupid from time to time.  I know I sure I have.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

Lilly Pulitzer. Out of West Palm Beach. Iconic brand. Beautiful prints, lots of color. My fave.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

A video about Kelsey's journey to become a DCC.

This. There is something simply unexplainable about Kelsey. She really makes people not care if she makes a mistake and yes, I know she has made unforgivable ones. I think she can hypnotize people with those big blue eyes. Today I am lighting my weekly prayer candles. I am lighting one for for 3 RC I would love to see on this year's team. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, MamaV said:

Could someone please enlighten me as to why a certain individual cannot be named on his forum?  Did she request that her name not be used here?  I just don't know the history behind this...

It's speculated Kathryn Dunn has a "google alert" for whenever she's mentioned. Whether she does or not, who cares. I'm not among those who want to not mention her name in fear she'll see what they say. Who cares. She's probably on here reading away right now.

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

They do cuts the same night as cameos?  Wow...you get to have your picture taken in the uniform where things must start to feel real, and then that same night it gets taken away from you.  That's gotta hurt!  I'd rather be Whitney and have the band-aid ripped off sooner rather than later.

If you look at their pictures from summer weddings/showers/parties, though, many of them seem to favor swingy trapeze style dresses.  Honestly I think they all look great in that style.

No, they don't do it that night. And yes I've noticed that about the dresses. It seems like they all have the same style.

7 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I think it's dumb that they call them "Training Camp Candidates" even after they're already in TC. Just refer to them as Rookie Candidates and keep it moving..

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Thank you for posting that.  She does not sound like someone who is dumb -- in fact she sounds quite intelligent.  I know the "50 yards on a football field" was a stupid answer, but who among us--regardless of how smart we are--hasn't said something really stupid from time to time.  I know I sure I have.

Look..I love Kelsey. I think she's gorgeous and is just a girl who has made a few silly mistakes like we all have. I'm rooting for her and really hope she pulls through.

• Love 3

That video of Kelsey kind of irks me.  There at the end she admits that until this year she didn't prioritize learning about the Cowboys organization.  Now, she bombed her first interview.  She didn't spend time boning up before her second time around?  That's just really shitty planning on her part.  One assumes that after your first time through finals you have a clue as what to expect.  If you don't take the knowledge and use it to your advantage I have no pity for you.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

"Let's take gorgeous women in their 20s and dress them like they're 50 year old women on a Bahamas Carnival Cruise!"

Lol that description is great 

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree to a point, but it may be that over the course of the years she's been auditioning that the things that she thought she needed to know were only the surface and that she didn't need to keep going and learn more.  I'm not making excuses for her since she should have boned up as much as possible on every little thing she could so she could be prepared for it, but some people aren't like that.  It takes at least one, maybe more, slaps upside the head to sink in that you had better prepare above and beyond what you think you should know.  Some don't treat it like a job interview and it is.  Others just focus on the football stuff, which is where they are weakest, and for some, there is just so much information that they can't take it all in over the course of a year, no matter how much they study.

It could also be that she didn't really take it seriously until this year.  Some people just do this for fun, others treat it as dead serious and the most important thing in their life at the moment.  Still others, are somewhere in the middle.  I think at first, it was something fun for her and she didn't think she'd get as far as she did.  Then she started to take it more serious once she was cut and decided to try again.  It wasn't just the challenge, though that was part of it.  There was also the redemption.  Who knows if she was wanted to redeem herself or if it was something more.  Then, this year was the year she actually took herself seriously and the whole process seriously.  It's just my opinion based on what I see.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3

I have to agree..  She probably may have just tried out for fun the first few times and then finally realize that this is something that she probably wanted to do.  Don't get me wrong I'm sure she tried to study her second time around but probably didn't put as much effort as she thought she had to.  I don't understand why it "irks" you because there's nothing bad about the interview to me. It seemed very personal IMO and she seems quite intelligent like others have said. I'm still rooting for all the returning ones!! #teammaddy #teamkelsey #teamamy #teamemily 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Daledg said:

I have to agree..  She probably may have just tried out for fun the first few times and then finally realize that this is something that she probably wanted to do.  Don't get me wrong I'm sure she tried to study her second time around but probably didn't put as much effort as she thought she had to.  I don't understand why it "irks" you because there's nothing bad about the interview to me. It seemed very personal IMO and she seems quite intelligent like others have said. I'm still rooting for all the returning ones!! #teammaddy #teamkelsey #teamamy #teamemily 

We get so much of the overly dramatic, super-earnest "I want this worse than ANYONE" spiels on the show that I think sometimes it's hard to remember that many of these girls are much more ambivalent and (lol) "trying out on a whim". Opportunity is there, so suit up and have a go, but not waking up every morning for years with that goal in mind!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's speculated Kathryn Dunn has a "google alert" for whenever she's mentioned. Whether she does or not, who cares. I'm not among those who want to not mention her name in fear she'll see what they say. Who cares. She's probably on here reading away right now.

No, they don't do it that night. And yes I've noticed that about the dresses. It seems like they all have the same style.

I think it's dumb that they call them "Training Camp Candidates" even after they're already in TC. Just refer to them as Rookie Candidates and keep it moving..

Look..I love Kelsey. I think she's gorgeous and is just a girl who has made a few silly mistakes like we all have. I'm rooting for her and really hope she pulls through.

The kickline too, it's not like they're going to be blindsided with something new. Hell, I've watched enough youtube videos to be able to teach "Thunderstruck"(I say teach instead of perform because if I did a jump split I would literally split like an old piece of firewood). 

Why they don't take advantage of the time and perfect the things they know will be required is beyond me.

• Love 5

Happy cameo day! 

8 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Kyndall

I thought in the group pic of the current dccs the girl in the swimsuit was Claire

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, BritFan said:

I've seen so little of Amy T I have no idea what her dancing is like. I'm guessing Kelli etc. love her because she has a fuller figure than just about any other DCC I've seen  (not fat, just much curvier) yet it hasn't bothered then one bit. She really seems to be the photographers favourite too.

I'm really surprised they don't say anything to her .. she has hips and thighs (gasp!) that are VERY curvy.  If she weren't working out so much, she could easily become a pear-shaped woman / bottom heavy.  I can't imagine they not making comments about drumsticks with her (although she's pretty tall I guess)

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, dalgal214 said:

Stumbled upon this girls dance video that just so conveniently has Angela and Lindsay at Michelle Keys class. I think Lindsay (sports bra) looks good but her arms are so long and lanky. When it comes to power Pom I could see her being called out for looking noodle-y. In comparison to ang, Lindsay needs to tighten up a bit and be sharper.

Yeah super noodlely.  It's tough when  you're tall and willowy ...by default you tend to look noodle.  Does anyone have a clip of Jinelle dancing?  I always wonder how she made team, much less show group!

Not a fan of Emily ... I sorta kinda hope she doesn't make the team (sorry ... her eyes and expressions are just too much).

I really hope they take less one-hit wonders - Emily, Kyndall, all those girls I could do without.  I don't get why they're still there! Caila, Hannah were such amazing dancers!  I know they faulted in other areas (like partying and weight gain) but surely there could've been some other way to "punish" them besides kicking off such strong wow dancers??  Kyndall annoys me just because I don't think she's a strong dancer and she looks too much like Chantal (btw is that a perfect stripper name or what!)

5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah super noodlely.  It's tough when  you're tall and willowy ...by default you tend to look noodle.  Does anyone have a clip of Jinelle dancing?  I always wonder how she made team, much less show group!

Not a fan of Emily ... I sorta kinda hope she doesn't make the team (sorry ... her eyes and expressions are just too much).

I really hope they take less one-hit wonders - Emily, Kyndall, all those girls I could do without.  I don't get why they're still there! Caila, Hannah were such amazing dancers!  I know they faulted in other areas (like partying and weight gain) but surely there could've been some other way to "punish" them besides kicking off such strong wow dancers??  Kyndall annoys me just because I don't think she's a strong dancer and she looks too much like Chantal (btw is that a perfect stripper name or what!)

I agree, Kyndall looks too much like Chantal. (HAHA the stripper comment omg)

I don't want to make any judgments on Kyndall until I see her in camp.  She was really falling apart last year but she must have made improvements if they brought her back to camp again.  you know they don't always do that unless someone has shown promise! 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, BritFan said:

I think Holly's is too old for her. She's a young pretty girl with an amzing figure but that makes her look a bit frumpy.

she looks like a school marm.  I think that' a dress appropriate for Kelli not for Holly.  Holly would look nice in a dress like Stephanie's

21 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

"Let's take gorgeous women in their 20s and dress them like they're 50 year old women on a Bahamas Carnival Cruise!"

seriously!!!  C'mon Belk!  It's like the golden marketing opportunity was just handed to you on a platter!  Gorgeous girls with model figures - check!  Well known / famous girls/brand - check!  Publicity and TV coverage - check check check! 

And then they pick the ugliest outfits and put it on the girls.  Either Belk is for Golden Girls or it's the ugliest design shop ever.  And does Kelli and Judy really think those outfits are attractive??? 

• Love 3

I personally like Holly's dress lol, it works well with her hair and skin tone. That style of dress is like the newest thing, a sheath dress is such a Lilly Pulitzer type too.

Writing in the right place...Bess looks so good at the cameo shoot! One of the prettiest current dccs.

I don't think Kelsey was in the bottom 10 :) 

Agree on Bess! That's her old pic tho in her twitter, right? She really is so naturally/classically pretty. 

KaShara looks cute as always and SO crossing my fingers that Holly has a better cameo this year! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think Kelsey was in the bottom 10 :) 

Agree on Bess! That's her old pic tho in her twitter, right? She really is so naturally/classically pretty. 

KaShara looks cute as always and SO crossing my fingers that Holly has a better cameo this year! 

The DCC twitter had pictures of Bess getting photographed this year!

I'm a huge fan of Auto Amy and the rest of the girls who have been working year after year to reach their dream. With that being said, if they're being cut for legs that are too short or any other reason that cannot be changed, isn't that rather unfair to keep bringing them to TC and expecting a different result? Just seems kind of like beating a dead horse.

Does anyone else think they should make trying on a uniform part of the finals, making it part of their overall score?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Caila, Hannah were such amazing dancers!  I know they faulted in other areas (like partying and weight gain) but surely there could've been some other way to "punish" them besides kicking off such strong wow dancers?? 

Although they were strong dancers, the DCC are expected to be much more than that. They are expected to be the whole package, abd Hannah and Caila fell short of that after a year or 2.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

I'm a huge fan of Auto Amy and the rest of the girls who have been working year after year to reach their dream. With that being said, if they're being cut for legs that are too short or any other reason that cannot be changed, isn't that rather unfair to keep bringing them to TC and expecting a different result? Just seems kind of like beating a dead horse.

Does anyone else think they should make trying on a uniform part of the finals, making it part of their overall score?

I think trying on a pair of the boots along w/ the audition wear they give them for finals would give the judges a good idea of who will not look good in the uniform cause of leg shape/length issues.

• Love 1