Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Isn't former DCC Mary (2 yr vet) half Lebanese?

So I was bored and did some digging. According to this article from 2008, Chantel is 1/4 Lebanese. And Mary is also either half or a quarter on her mom's side. I found this IG post about her mom doing traditional Arabic dancing for a long time.

I don't know why I love to find stuff out about people on a tv show who I've never met, but it's so interesting. I really do wish the show would at least show a small bio/profile on each rookie when they make it to camp.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

So I was bored and did some digging. According to this article from 2008, Chantel is 1/4 Lebanese. And Mary is also either half or a quarter on her mom's side. I found this IG post about her mom doing traditional Arabic dancing for a long time.

I don't know why I love to find stuff out about people on a tv show who I've never met, but it's so interesting. I really do wish the show would at least show a small bio/profile on each rookie when they make it to camp.

I've always wished they went into the girls lives a little more too. The little bit that they do always makes me like those girls even more. Let's cut all one on one footage with Melissa R (how about any footage of Melissa r)and replace it with this haha.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I've always wished they went into the girls lives a little more too. The little bit that they do always makes me like those girls even more. Let's cut all one on one footage with Melissa R (how about any footage of Melissa r)and replace it with this haha.

Yes!

(edited)
7 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

WOW! that's Chantel?? I would not have recognized her! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Shan18 said:
7 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

but di she before it?So I was bored and did some digging. According to this article from 2008, Chantel is 1/4 Lebanese. And Mary is also either half or a quarter on her mom's side. I found this IG post about her mom doing traditional Arabic dancing for a long time.

I

She made her goal of becoming a DCC. How many times did she audition for the DCC before making it? I know she did while she was a DMD but did she do it before becoming one?

Edited by MrsEVH
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

These next two weeks are going to be real bloodbaths in terms of cuts.  If I remember correctly, camp started with 47 girls. 5 were cut already so we're left with 42 girls remaining in camp.  Depending on squad size (I don't think there's ever been a squad of 40, at least in recent years), we're looking at anywhere between 6 and 8 cuts.  Even if they do take 40 this year, which I doubt, that means there are still at least 2 cuts to be made.  It's got to be tough when the girls are THISCLOSE to making the squad and then to get cut.  Girls can get cut the same day the team was announced and it's got to be the hardest for them, knowing that they were so close and STILL not making it.

I think that, even if they bring someone in as a faux-Kelli, I don't think cuts will happen until she actually gets back.  It might help clarify things because Kelli and Judy are closer to the girls then almost anyone else in that room except for their potential teammates, but the final decisions still come down to Kelli with a side of help from Judy.

I am really hoping they decide to take 38 this year.  I've seen them go as high as 39 (the Morgan/Kaitlyn LaRae season). They did say they've had as much as 40 on the squad in the past, but I don't know which season it was.  Pretty sure it was before MTT.  

I think someone said they're limited to 36 with the payment situation for the girls

I think the squad numbers have significantly lowered since those other cheerleaders sued their team about having a fair amount of pay for the hours they put in. I'm sorry I can't remember the specific team or people. 

DCC probably have a specific budget for the cheerleaders after all that came out, hence why they always want 36? That's just me assuming though. 

For anyone whose curious to know how many they've had on each squad since the show began.

2005-  36

2006-  35

2007-  38

2008-  35

2009-  35

2010-  34

2011-  34

2012 - 39

2013-  39

2014--36

2015-  34

Got the rosters from myfavoritecheerleader .com. They didn't have 2014 so I had to google the squad photo and count.

• Love 2

Seems the 34-36 area is where they want to stay. Interesting that 2012 and 13 were 39 though.

10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Seems the 34-36 area is where they want to stay. Interesting that 2012 and 13 were 39 though.

I always thought 2007 was the big squad because they took Loni, Natalie, Candace, and Kelli Jo plus Brooke was injured. I vaguely remember Kelli saying 39 but I counted and came up with 38.

• Love 1

Maybe they plan on taking more this year because there aren't a lot of vets left and they're expecting mass departure next year?  So instead of having a newbie dominated squad, they're taking more rookies this year so next year at least has a good amount of experienced / vets?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Maybe they plan on taking more this year because there aren't a lot of vets left and they're expecting mass departure next year?  So instead of having a newbie dominated squad, they're taking more rookies this year so next year at least has a good amount of experienced / vets?

Or maybe taking more in case of possible injuries. Seems like every year a vet gets injured.

• Love 4

There aren't that many 3-5 year vets, mostly 2 year so it would be interesting if they wanted a bigger squad to make it a rebuilding year.

If Amy Simone gets cut I wonder if she'll audition for the Ice Girls or back to the Ice Angels. With these audition dates being so close together, would a girl cut from the DCC even be able to audition for another team that quickly?

1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

If Amy Simone gets cut I wonder if she'll audition for the Ice Girls or back to the Ice Angels. With these audition dates being so close together, would a girl cut from the DCC even be able to audition for another team that quickly?

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to audition for another team quickly. If they need a solo they could just use the one they used for DCC finals. I don't think all of the other groups require solos, but I'm not positive on that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to audition for another team quickly. If they need a solo they could just use the one they used for DCC finals. I don't think all of the other groups require solos, but I'm not positive on that.

I just read on the Mavs audition info that they do not require solos.

43 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I just read on the Mavs audition info that they do not require solos.

From what I've seen from DMD audition videos, each girl dances alone in front of the judges for maybe a minute. The girls are lined up and each one gets their turn and does freestyle. I'm guessing they're judged mostly on dancing in a group.

The first day is 3 rounds

1 free style

2 four eight counts

3 extend choreo to 8 eight counts

sunday-finals

vets come in and perform routine with finalists, and tc's are announced. 

TC is just learning Mavs style court combos. Similar to prep but at a faster rate and are required to wear a black two piece outfit (black sports bra and black short shorts)

The first day is 3 rounds

1 free style

2 four eight counts

3 extend choreo to 8 eight counts

sunday-finals

vets come in and perform routine with finalists, and tc's are announced. 

TC is just learning Mavs style court combos. Similar to prep but at a faster rate and are required to wear a black two piece outfit (black sports bra and black short shorts)

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

How many do the Mavs usually take into TC versus how many make the team?   Do they do a lot of cuts like the DCC?

Last year, 33 made finals (non-vets), 30 made training camp, 20 made the team 

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, MamaV said:

Does anyone know whether 34-36 is average for other NFL teams?

The Denver Broncos Cheerleaders squad is 26 every year and you have to be 21 years old to audition.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Last year, 33 made finals (non-vets), 30 made training camp, 20 made the team 

They don't make cuts throughout camp do they? The "rejected" get a letter and get sent out the building with it, right? I saw a video on it once. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, DCCFAN71 said:

How do they decide the number of cheerleaders each year? Is it a budget or space issue?

Before the lawsuit I believe it was up to the individual organization what number of ladies to have on a squad. Now they have a set budget for the squad so they can only take as many as their set budget from Jerry and Charlotte allow. That is where the 36 comes from.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:41 PM, MamaV said:

Thanks TXSTAR35!  Do you know why they took so many RC to training camp?  Seems like they made their own jobs difficult by involving so many at TC. Just wondering!  Thanks!

If you think about it they lost a good number of very skilled and talented Vets. I think the idea is to find rookies who have the skill and power and technique to fill the spots where they lost that this year with Vets leaving. I somewhat like the larger RC class rather than have fewer and have to take girls due to squad size being a worry.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, TiaGrace said:

Can anyone comment on RC Brennan? I have not heard a peep about her. She is flying under the radar. I remember I voted for her so I hope she is doing well. 

She has been called into the office. I think they are unsure on her look and style.

21 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think the squad numbers have significantly lowered since those other cheerleaders sued their team about having a fair amount of pay for the hours they put in. I'm sorry I can't remember the specific team or people. 

DCC probably have a specific budget for the cheerleaders after all that came out, hence why they always want 36? That's just me assuming though. 

Yes!

Unless their budget changed this year (which I don't believe that has happened) the squad shouldn't be over 36.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Before the lawsuit I believe it was up to the individual organization what number of ladies to have on a squad. Now they have a set budget for the squad so they can only take as many as their set budget from Jerry and Charlotte allow. That is where the 36 comes from.

If you think about it they lost a good number of very skilled and talented Vets. I think the idea is to find rookies who have the skill and power and technique to fill the spots where they lost that this year with Vets leaving. I somewhat like the larger RC class rather than have fewer and have to take girls due to squad size being a worry.

She has been called into the office. I think they are unsure on her look and style.

Yes!

Unless their budget changed this year (which I don't believe that has happened) the squad shouldn't be over 36.

Such great info!!! Any info on other ones we haven't heard of? Allie, both heathers, Sheridan?

On 7/6/2016 at 6:57 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't buy it. Amy's old enough to have been legal for a while and used to drinking, if she even does. She's articulate and educated, and already has years of experience on a pro team. Her family is fairly well off, so doubt if she'd red to gold dig.

I agree! I don't buy this at all and not sure why someone would start a rumor like this? Amy T is 25-years old--intelligent, mature, strong dancer. As long as I have known her she has always been a leader and rule follower. Just doesn't sound like her at all.       

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCGirl244 said:

I agree! I don't buy this at all and not sure why someone would start a rumor like this? Amy T is 25-years old--intelligent, mature, strong dancer. As long as I have known her she has always been a leader and rule follower. Just doesn't sound like her at all.       

Whoever posted this rumor needs to get a life. I was a teammate of Amy's last year. I can tell you first hand that the majority of us are always dieting and drank very little during the season. Even if you have one drink at the Christmas party, you feel light headed. Also, DCC are approached by players regularly at events/parties/bars, etc. Players don't care about rules...the DCC do! I wish you knew Amy as a person. She was an awesome teammate. If you needed anything, she would be there for you. Also, if you did go out for a birthday dinner, she was one that you could ALWAYS count on for a ride or to make sure you get home safely.   

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Luv2Dance566 said:

Whoever posted this rumor needs to get a life. I was a teammate of Amy's last year. I can tell you first hand that the majority of us are always dieting and drank very little during the season. Even if you have one drink at the Christmas party, you feel light headed. Also, DCC are approached by players regularly at events/parties/bars, etc. Players don't care about rules...the DCC do! I wish you knew Amy as a person. She was an awesome teammate. If you needed anything, she would be there for you. Also, if you did go out for a birthday dinner, she was one that you could ALWAYS count on for a ride or to make sure you get home safely.   

I love this post. Amy sounds like a great girl.... I'm not surprised!

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Luv2Dance566 said:

RIGHT!!! I don't even know her but you can just tell she's not like that. At all. Ever. Nope. That's a horrible rumour to start about anyone, let alone somebody who could lose their job over acting in such a way. 

Thank you for confirming that! 

Ps I'm so intrigued to know who you are hah but please don't feel obliged to say! I'm just gonna sit here and wonder ?? welcome to the boards! X

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Luv2Dance566 said:

Thank you for coming in & posting! x

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pinknblue said:

Thank you for coming in & posting! x

Except for Paige lol. (Comment about respecting the rules, won't quote for me) 

But yes that doesn't seem like something Amy would do.  I'll put that in the category of 'Holly P accidentally texted the whole team talking shit about them' 

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I'll put that in the category of 'Holly P accidentally texted the whole team talking shit about them' 

That is one I'll never believe.  I find it extremely difficult to believe that if she were trashing her teammates (face it, we all have to vent every now & then) that she'd be that careless.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I believe the Holly one, but think it was overexaggerated. We all vent to our moms, and I could easily see a comment like "theyre driving me crazy, or we had to change formation because of whatever and I'm so tired and hungry", then 20 minutes later she's fine again, being escalated.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Completely out there thought:

do you think it's possible that K&J were saving cuts until after DMD auditions so that TCCs couldn't audition for another major team?

I hope not, that would be such a shitty thing to do 

• Love 1

I agree. Unless they're gonna have a huge squad.. Is it back to normal training camp tomorrow?

I've said this every week for the last 3 weeks lol but SURELY they have to start making loads of cuts next week. I'm thinking we're gonna have a MOJO Kaitlin LaRae And she who must not be named etc type thing where the drama is dragged out and out and out. To the point where it's almost unbearable 

So, Emily is still in camp??!  That seems so crazy to me.  I'm not usually a hater -- & I definitely don't hate a young lady I don't even know -- but I kind of feel like one about her, because I feel so strongly that she shouldn't make the team.  I hated her dancing when she was last in TC, and in the audition video this year.  I just don't perceive her as worthy of being a DCC in terms of performance abilities.  I also found her personality, as portrayed on MTT, to be too airy and clueless to be enjoyable, and I think she looks awkward in virtually every action dance photo I've seen of her, especially with her eyes and frozen face and unpointed toes.  I genuinely would be disappointed to see her on the team.  I rarely have felt so strongly about a candidate (I mean, really, who makes the team is no skin off my nose), but man, I don't even see why she made it to camp over other women who can, you know, dance. 

While I'm bummed that social media has given us so little to go on during training camp, it makes me more excited to see the show in LESS THAN A MONTH!  I have virtually no clue about first-time TCCs, and I'm eager to see them dance and be introduced on the show.  Also eager to see the 2nd episode and find out what the judges had to say about Caila and Kat getting cut.  I also love the interviews, and seeing who is composed and articulate and who is airheaded or plain clueless.  Not sure anything will top the moment Charlotte asked where in Europe should the NFL go, and the girl said "Africa."  That was even worse  (barely) than the girl who literally didn't know what a political party was.  I would like to get to see some girls take the written test, or see some being scored. I'm curious about the questions on it, and about who nails it and how many bomb it.  

• Love 3

Does anyone know if Amy from Rockford IL is still in training camp or had she been cut?  I am astounded that she made it into training camp this year!  She was SO obnoxious and unlikable last year not to mention a bad dancer.

16 minutes ago, M1977G said:

So, Emily is still in camp??!  That seems so crazy to me.  I'm not usually a hater -- & I definitely don't hate a young lady I don't even know -- but I kind of feel like one about her, because I feel so strongly that she shouldn't make the team.  I hated her dancing when she was last in TC, and in the audition video this year.  I just don't perceive her as worthy of being a DCC in terms of performance abilities.  I also found her personality, as portrayed on MTT, to be too airy and clueless to be enjoyable, and I think she looks awkward in virtually every action dance photo I've seen of her, especially with her eyes and frozen face and unpointed toes.  I genuinely would be disappointed to see her on the team.  I rarely have felt so strongly about a candidate (I mean, really, who makes the team is no skin off my nose), but man, I don't even see why she made it to camp over other women who can, you know, dance. 

While I'm bummed that social media has given us so little to go on during training camp, it makes me more excited to see the show in LESS THAN A MONTH!  I have virtually no clue about first-time TCCs, and I'm eager to see them dance and be introduced on the show.  Also eager to see the 2nd episode and find out what the judges had to say about Caila and Kat getting cut.  I also love the interviews, and seeing who is composed and articulate and who is airheaded or plain clueless.  Not sure anything will top the moment Charlotte asked where in Europe should the NFL go, and the girl said "Africa."  That was even worse  (barely) than the girl who literally didn't know what a political party was.  I would like to get to see some girls take the written test, or see some being scored. I'm curious about the questions on it, and about who nails it and how many bomb it.  

Totally agree with you about Emily. I feel the same about Shelbi. I think they both scrape by based on their looks, which annoys me even more because now that I know what they are kinda like, I don't find them attractive anymore. 

• Love 1

I don't even find Shelbi particularly attractive. I didn't care for her last year, but the final nail in the coffin for me was when someone posted her Facebook and she had literally hundreds of profile pictures, most of them weird selfies with duck faces and "model" poses. Just not a cute look for anyone in my opinion.

And yeah, add to that the fact she's not a great dancer...meh. I'm surprised she made Mavs camp.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone know if Amy from Rockford IL is still in training camp or had she been cut?  I am astounded that she made it into training camp this year!  She was SO obnoxious and unlikable last year not to mention a bad dancer.

Amy and Emily are both still in TC.