Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Wow that's some really useful/legit inside info: 

I know the fan vote winner but can't tell you...

Shelbi danced to some kind of hip hop ish music that may or may not have contained some Britney Spears

Some vets need to lose weight but I won't say who... 

They may be moving to The Star... but again maybe not...

gingerJ I would be curious to know about Hunter... 

1. Again to clarify I never said I was here to give "inside info" people assumed I did and others have now gone along with it. 

2. I said I knew who the fan vote winner was after being asked if I did, never stating I would release the winner...?

3. Again after watching over 70 solos it's impossible to remember every single solo music.

4. Also in my first post I stated there were many factors vets could have been cut for I did mention being soft among others but the only word people paid attention to was "soft".

5. Again in my original post I said it would be an great TC because it would be the last in VR. It was asked if they would be at The Star assuming it was finished and it isn't. Could it be semi complete through training camp to make a tour or visit sure. I'm not entirely sure what the issue was with that statement.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Can we get back to the fun posts. Txstar35, you're kinda a downer. 

Did if anyone else see the post hunter made on InstAgram about the mavs tryouts? Not fully confirming she was trying out again but hinting at it. I have to say she's grown on me. I hope she works on "dcc style" and tries out next year. 

Same! I think she will come back really strong next year. I like how mature she is for her age...people have posted snotty stuff about her dancing before and when her friends jump in to stand up for her, she's been like "no, it's fine! everyone can have an opinion :)"  I like that she recognizes putting herself out there opens her to the good and bad and she just deals with it.  

• Love 5

Okay gang, it is time for a few reminders. If one or more posters are pushing your buttons, I suggest using the ignore feature, and/or walk away from the forum for a while. Also do not engage the person(s) who are bugging you because this could cause more problems. We all have our thoughts and opinions about the girls, the judges, the show etc. etc., and we will not always agree with every post. Being civil and respectful with each other is the name of the game.

To me after watching and listening the Kelly and Judy for 12 seasons.....alot of my comments are coming from what we know matters to K&J.   I think my more negative comments on the TCC and DCC would come from the fact we have seen and heard them talk the same way for years....all in the name of wanting DCC to be world class.  Just kind of the nature of the show.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Can we get back to the fun posts. Txstar35, you're kinda a downer. 

Did if anyone else see the post hunter made on InstAgram about the mavs tryouts? Not fully confirming she was trying out again but hinting at it. I have to say she's grown on me. I hope she works on "dcc style" and tries out next year. 

Sorry answering questions is being a downer :( I'll work on that!

hunter isn't trying out for dmd. She's being respectful to them and helping spread the word on their auditions. She is from all sources told working on the "DCC Style" to come back next year again!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

Has Hunter done anything besides Mavs? She seems to have a large following-even more than the DCCs themselves. I really like her! I predict that she will pull a Madeline and come back stronger and better next year (though I do believe her current look works for her). 

On another note-how much do TCCs post during the process? I know that someone said they deduce who's been cut by looking at group photos, but are the girls likely to say when/why they were cut? Just curious :)

I don't think she has...she is only 19, I believe (turning 20 soon).  

I know a lot of the TCCs went private right after the first meeting lol You could tell when they were cut when they went public again.  Some posted about being cut and others just started back into regular programming haha The only thing I remember TCCs posting was outings outside of camp (like Kaleigh had a picnic at her house, Holly P went golfing with Karen and KaShara, etc.)  

• Love 1
(edited)
On May 21, 2016 at 11:33 PM, RedDelicious said:

Edited by GingerJ
Old quote popped up and wasn't relevant.

I was also told by multiple sources that Caila and Kat will be trying out for DMD as recently as Thursday so I guess we will have to wait and see if this comes to fruition.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

To me after watching and listening the Kelly and Judy for 12 seasons.....alot of my comments are coming from what we know matters to K&J.   I think my more negative comments on the TCC and DCC would come from the fact we have seen and heard them talk the same way for years....all in the name of wanting DCC to be world class.  Just kind of the nature of the show.

Yes! Exactly. 

50 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Anyone can watch auditions if you are in Cowboys stadium. Its pretty open to the public for tours. And apparently this year (if not years before?) they broadcast the tryouts on all the screens in the stadium. 

I don't believe this is true. While it's open to the public for tours, the tour guides keep the group moving and they have a lot of ground to cover. Unless you ducked into a bathroom and ditched your tour group (hmmmmm...idea???) I don't see how someone on a tour could watch more than a minute of auditions.  Also don't believe auditions were broadcast all over the stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Not that I don't agree because I do to a point! Having spoken one on one with Kelli and Judy on things past and present about DCC and TCC a lot of their wants and likes and even some dislikes aren't shown on the show and I wish they were! It gives such closer insight to their master plan as a whole! Hopefully this year it will come out a bit more with editing!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GingerJ said:

I don't believe this is true. While it's open to the public for tours, the tour guides keep the group moving and they have a lot of ground to cover. Unless you ducked into a bathroom and ditched your tour group (hmmmmm...idea???) I don't see how someone on a tour could watch more than a minute of auditions.  Also don't believe auditions were broadcast all over the stadium. 

Maybe it was new this year? Kelsey Lowrance told me that if I lived near the area to come on finals day - she said I could take a tour then sit in the stadium and watch the field portion - they show it on jumbotron and all 2900 TVs.  She didn't mention the solos though...she said the 'entire audition process' but maybe it was just the field portion.

• Love 2

im having flashbacks of sneaking through the Civic Arena at 14 to cut the autograph line for Mario Lemieux.  Maybe I should take the stadium tour that day?  

2017 auditions: I got this!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I was also told by multiple sources that Caila and Kat will be trying out for DMD as recently as Thursday so I guess we will have to wait and see if this comes to fruition.

Oh oh oh oh that will be SOOOO interesting if Xaila does tryout. I can't wait to see what happens!!!

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Maybe it was new this year? Kelsey Lowrance told me that if I lived near the area to come on finals day - she said I could take a tour then sit in the stadium and watch the field portion - they show it on jumbotron and all 2900 TVs.  She didn't mention the solos though...she said the 'entire audition process' but maybe it was just the field portion.

Man, if only I lived closer to Texas-I would totally go. I think it's awesome that they're trying to engage the fans even more than with the fan vote!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

In past years there has been tour groups as well as contest winners groups come watch the field portion while on their tours. Sometimes the tour guides let them watch for several minutes and sometimes they rush them through due to filming! I only saw solos on the tvs in the areas where solos was taking place no where else and then obviously on the Jumbotron! 

• Love 1

True, finals are shown on the giant field screen, that's always seen on the show how Kelli and Judy want to see how the girls look up there. 

Kat posted an Insta of herself at DMD prep. Scooby senses tell me that means she is auditioning. 

As for privacy - social media has been around since most of these girls were in middle school. They know that if you post it online, and don't set things to private, every smidgen of your life is available for the world to see. If they can't figure this out, they're not very bright. Don't want the world to see? Don't post or make private.

Now for DCC, they're signing onto a realty show that's been on for a decade. Makes them public figures and open to a lot of comment. Can't take the criticism from here? You're going to have a hard time dealing with really crude fans, especially some male fans who see you as nothing but a body in a bikini. I'd much rather hear someone say I had low kicks than commenting on my personal parts, etc.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

9 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Not that I don't agree because I do to a point! Having spoken one on one with Kelli and Judy on things past and present about DCC and TCC a lot of their wants and likes and even some dislikes aren't shown on the show and I wish they were! It gives such closer insight to their master plan as a whole! Hopefully this year it will come out a bit more with editing!

Yes. Hopefully they'll finally get the editing right!  Because in the credits, Kelli is listed as an executive producer. In a role like that, she must have at least a tiny say in how she's characterized, and how their standards are characterized. So if, for 10 seasons, they've not accurately show what they want, like and don't like on the show, CMT more than anyone should "hope" they finally show what Kelli and Judy actually do and don't want and like. Because one of these days, Kelli and Judy will figure out the show ISNT portraying them in an accurate light and Kelli might be furious that she's been scammed!

(edited)

Because one of these days, Kelli and Judy will figure out the show ISNT portraying them in an accurate light and Kelli might be furious that she's been scammed!

The cowboys have total editorial control over the show. They show us exactly what they want us to see.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

I'm sorry but this "insider" isn't telling us anything an avid show watcher doesn't know.  so what if this forum is harsh.  dcc is way too stepford wives ish and it would be nice if the veil was lifted.  mtt is a reality show and if these girls can't handle it than they shouldn't try out and be on a reality show.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

That Allie girl who is living with Holly P...looked at her IG and she is ADORABLE.  She seems like a great dancer as well.  Man, I have too many on my list to watch for this year lol 

I really like her too!! 

I hate that they have to cut ELEVEN (if they choose a squad of 36). That's just so many :(

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I'm sorry but this "insider" isn't telling us anything an avid show watcher doesn't know.  so what if this forum is harsh.  dcc is way too stepford wives ish and it would be nice if the veil was lifted.  mtt is a reality show and if these girls can't handle it than they shouldn't try out and be on a reality show.  

But they claim to speak one on one with kelli and Judy!! Lol lol. Ok ok.  I'll stop now and I'll be nice. Maybe. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Again, never claimed to be an "insider" was dubbed that title by people on here. Just saying...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

But they claim to speak one on one with kelli and Judy!! Lol lol. Ok ok.  I'll stop now and I'll be nice. Maybe. 

I actually said "spoken" not "speak" but I'll let you have your moment :). but I would love to hear what you have to say, nice or not, since it seems you have something you're itching to say. All in good fun I'm sure ;).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Plugging my ears and moving right along......

about how many days in (on average) do cuts usually happen during tc? 

Cuts can happen at anytime as shown in past training camps, usually depending on the number of candidates and how often cmt is at the studio. I would dare to guess there could be cuts as soon as the first week.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

I wonder what the biggest squad that they've had was. Was 38 the max?

I believe so.  I think Judy said they could fit forty on the field if they really wanted to.

• Love 1

Gosh--11 girls likely to be cut--that is terrible pressure to be under.  Frankly I am amazed that any of them can keep up the schedule and have the technique so perfected.  I don't watch football and don't see them on the field but what I have seen on video depicts a team of cheerleaders that are about perfect at what they do.  I've heard more than one TCC say "it's harder than I thought it would be."  I wonder if they get yelled at like on Dance Moms.

I wish they'd try having a bigger squad this year! They had a really small one last year and it would just be neat to see the flip side of it, with more girls.  That might let us see more diversity too....like, build up the blondes again LOL 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Does anyone remember how many were cut last year at training camp?  11 just seems like so many!!  

12 from last year

Colby, Courtney, Emily, Kaleigh, Karen, Kyndall, Madeline, Megan B, Rose, Selina, Shelbi, Taylor

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, we can probably assume there's one girl who was accepted for drama...the fan vote winner might very well be a bust...someone won't be able to get the look...etc.  

Perhaps one who won't look good in the uniform and one who can't lose the weight (whether it be vet or rookie)

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Perhaps one who won't look good in the uniform and one who can't lose the weight (whether it be vet or rookie)

Maybe one with racy pics on social media or skeletons in the closet.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

The cowboys have total editorial control over the show. They show us exactly what they want us to see.

I was being sarcastic. Kelli is listed in the credits as an executive producer or co-producer. I'm quite sure she sees every episode as it gets edited and approves it or sends it back for changes. I don't know that the Cowboys have any control over the show, but Kelli does and she does so on behalf of the DCC. 

14 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Well, I must say yall made for an interesting post finals week read. We were at auditions and a TCC mentioned the forum to  us and many of us read your comments and opinions about previous, returning, and new TCC. We were intrigued with how "knowledgeable" yall were and are with certain information about the current and former DCC and TCC (some of it a bit creepy cant deny) ha! None the less, we all had our opinions at Finals as to who would and would not make it back or be invited. I would dare to speculate that majority of yall haven't attended auditions or have only witnessed what is seen on the show. I believe I saw some post about their being there at auditions and Meet The Team in previous years and this year for auditions. I will say a lot of comments read were slightly harsh and downright offensive, but I suppose to each their own on what they choose to post. Being that I was at all three rounds of auditions this year and years past I will say that this year was a light year for ladies and talent. Though the talent that shined through was extremely promising and proved to be even better in the form of many Veterans and TCC solos and field session performances. I think many of yall jumped the gun when it came to the videos summited for The Vote being frankly overly critical and truthfully ruthless ha! Keep in mind the TCC learn that combination that day and must seemingly perfect it in a matter of hours that even some of the veterans in past years struggled to do with ample time. The comments made about "candidates looking to the alumni to catch on to where they were in the combination" were valid because many of them do that but at the same time everyone has a brain fart and needs a little reminder some more than others. As to comments on solos that majority of yall haven't seen in their entirety I find that a bit presumptuous to for an opinion based on a costume. As they say "you cant judge a book by its cover" referring back to the comments about Khalyn and others costumes or footwear. I will say there wasn't much disagreement with the final ladies new and returning to training camp per the judges choices from DCC Staff, Veterans, Alumni, and Fans who were in attendance at auditions. I think there could have been up to three more Vets that could have been cut due to their performance and there lack of during the season. Some did look soft in their solos and on the big screen in the forms of their dancing and figure. I believe they had a wake up call at auditions and hope they will realize the gift they were given on being invited back and will get it together so there isn't another Hanna situation. I do believe this will be an extremely emotional and special training camp due to it being the last at VR. I'm sure many of you assume what you think will happen and who you think will make the final cut this year, but I suppose it refers back to the good ole saying "Don't assume. assuming makes an...." :) ha! its going to be an interesting summer, we look forward to checking on yalls comments and "spoilers" as the summer goes on!

Thank you for your post.  I stopped reading this thread for a while.  I didn’t vote in You Be The Judge.  I don’t know anyone in dance.  I just like watching the show and post my opinion about certain things.  Again, thank you. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Remember the season they had 39? Kelli stressed over not having enough lockers in the locker room. I think 36-38 is the max

I seemed to remember that Kelli said there were 37 lockers and 39 girls.  I believed they had 2 extra one in a room off to the side of the main room and I seemed to remember (know people will correct me if wrong) that Cassie was one who had to go to those 2 extra lockers!

I've been watching MTT since the first 2 hour special, but this is my first year getting "spoiled" for TC.  I have to say, I'm so happy for all the TCCs.  I can't imagine how excited, yet nervous they must feel right now.  2 more days until they have their first meeting at VR.  If CMT was smart, they could post some talking heads from the TCCs/Vets each week leading up to the season premier (just a quick snippet).  I think it's safe to say, we'd all watch :)

After seeing the pics/vids of improved technique in a few of the TCCs, I'm really looking forward to watching their progress in TC.  Losing 11 girls is going to be tough.  I'm hoping they decide to take 38-40.  Then they'd only have to cut 7-9.  

Another poster said above that they "live vicariously" through MTT.  I have to agree.  When I was a little girl, I used to wish I was a DCC.  In fact, I was a DCC for Halloween 2 years in a row in the late 70s/early 80s. Of course, the shorts weren't so tiny way back then :)

• Love 4

I don't understand the "Why didn't Hunter make it?!?!" posts?  First, she's not very attractive.  Second, from what I've seen, she has terrible dance technique.  And third, I saw an interview with her on the DMD's website where she says her favorite part of being a maverick is "mentoring young girls who want to be just like me."  Oh barf!  So while I'm not saying she should never make training camp, I don't get why many of you seem downright shocked that she didn't make it.  Based on what I've seen, she'd have been a strong "no" for me.

• Love 5