Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

That was me talking about watching earlier seasons and I'd be happy to let you know via PM.

Likewise, I'd love to see previous seasons, I'm in the UK too and only get a couple of seasons on youtube ? I'd love to watch earlier seasons.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Shelbi definitely knows about it(if not actually behind the screen with him) I wrote a comment on charlottes pic to her boyfriend and now I'm now im blocked from shelbis Instagram. Lol. The dcc drama! ?

She is such an idiot. Way to burn bridges

shelbi! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Diversity vs skill - my 2cents are:

1) I don't think they have a particular set quota on how many blondes, brunettes, redheads, white girls, Asians, Latinas, short girls, tall girls, curly haired, etc., but they definitely factor in appearance in groups, etc. They group girls by blondes, etc during camp to see if they like anyone in particular or 'need' any of a certain look. They always create a redhead or two. Etc

2) I most definitely think some questionable girls are chosen bc of their 'look' - like redheaded breelan and Morgan - who looked like she could be Latina, Native American, etc. Same for girls like Kat who had a 'special skill' so Kelli could say they had a former Olympian on the team. 

3) now that they're going toward far more technical and classically trained dancers, they're going to have more upper middle class girls and girls who are from cultures that gear toward ballet vs gymnastics or cheerleading. This meaning they have more white girls lately auditioning, and fewer black girls or Asian girls - who from my experience in dance usually go more toward cheer or gymnastics than ballet. I hope Misty Copeland's influence changes some of that, but at least in my area, that's how it is. No idea how to factor in Latinas, because we have far fewer Latinas in PA than Texas. Also the shorter girls of all races and hair color are being 'weeded out', IMO, because taller girls shift toward dance, where long legs are appreciated, vs gymnastics, where being shorter is better. 

I agree.  However, girls are grouped together by blondes, brunettes, etc. to see who stands out against the pack. When you've got a row of blondes there - who's standing out? Who captures your attention? Who's smile is the biggest, the brightest? That's why they're grouping them in like-looks.

I do think Kelli and Charlotte look for "different" too, though don't think they confine themselves to the light/dark line.  Carisa Rose, Joannah Liad, Malia Morales, Kim Tong, the Trevino sisters, Yoshiko Danjo, Alyssa Sarasani and so many others are also diverse. Kelli and Charlotte liked Ashley Pro because she had a look they didn't have before; the Eastern European, Slavic look.  Paula Tabares had a unique look too.

I so agree that the DCC are definitely going for much more technical dancers rather than those with a cheer, rangerette or gymnastics background. To get to the dance proficiency they want now takes years of lessons, and those are expensive, time-consuming and socially-restricting. That'll knock a lot of people out of the running for DCC.   

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, JC123 said:

just found this on Twitter.. This is probably as close as well get to solo clips lol! 

Anyone else notice Jinelle *always* does the same hip shake/arm flail move EVERY solo each season?  It's like the same dance, different costume.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Shelbi definitely knows about it(if not actually behind the screen with him) I wrote a comment on charlottes pic to her boyfriend and now I'm now im blocked from shelbis Instagram. Lol. The dcc drama! ?

Really? Isn't Shelbi a friend of Caila's?

42 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Amy's kicks don't look too bad in the photo she posted on her IG from the field portion!! 

Yeah, I just took a look.  What a difference!  I can see why they took her in to training camp.  She really improved her appearance and put in a lot of work to get those kicks in shape.  Good for her :) 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Yes Jersey girl that is what Kelly called her. She and another petite girl were cut at finals the next year.  They both looked pissed.  

Melissa (Jersey girl) and Deanna were on the 2005 squad but didn't make it back in 2006 (season 1)..Both were cut for weight issues.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

Okay, I see what you mean about Amy's kicks. SOOOOOO much better.

I'm glad to see she had such a big improvement.  I know some give her a bad rap for wanting to make the team so badly, but I admire her determination.  Good for her for making TC.  She might actually have a good shot at the team if she can pick up choreography quick enough.

I guess I'll be rooting for both Kelsey & Amy now :)

• Love 5

Just for myself, I don't mind at all her wanting to make the team so badly. Many girls are like that, auditioning multiple times. I just don't care for the weepy, over-the-top dramatic declarations. :) 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Melissa (Jersey girl) and Deanna were on the 2005 squad but didn't make it back in 2006 (season 1)..Both were cut for weight issues.

I think they liked the novelty ifs one or coming from Jersey - then got over it quickly. Deanna had one of the prettiest faces of all DCC. Easily top 10 prettiest since the show started. 

3 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Just for myself, I don't mind at all her wanting to make the team so badly. Many girls are like that, auditioning multiple times. I just don't care for the weepy, over-the-top dramatic declarations. :) 

She seems really desperate and into herself - almost like a less pretty version of Vivian.  I liked her the first season she was on, but last time the crying and pleading really annoyed me.  The twerking at snoop dog concert was really tacky too.

Her legs are impossibly short too - not sure  how she could be a fit for the team when Vivian wasn't, but I guess we will see what happens as TC progresses and when the show airs.

• Love 2

No, she did not! I was hoping she would, but the shot clip of her solo in the one video did not look good. Maybe she will work on her dancing and solo and come back next year. Amy's kicks look good. I hope she work on her attitude along with her dancing and kicks.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No, she did not! I was hoping she would, but the shot clip of her solo in the one video did not look good. Maybe she will work on her dancing and solo and come back next year. 

I didn't think it looked that good either, but it was only a small section, so hoped maybe the rest was better. :(  I hope she'll give it another shot if she wants to get back on the squad.

20 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

My only problem with Auto Amy is that I think she's a total bitch -- that's why I don't want her to make it.  I don't care how high her kicks get.

I've been watching Amy in her DCC auditions for years now & have no idea why she would be described as a "total bitch." 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

I've been watching Amy in her DCC auditions for years now & have no idea why she would be described as a "total bitch." 

I absolutely agree, and I am by no means team Amy. I didn't like the weepiness and the statements about wanting it more than anyone (they obviously all want it), but I don't think she came across as a bitch at all. Just maybe a little entitled.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Speaking of Amy...Here is a picture of her in her solo costume. She is tiny, but her legs still look short. The judges must think she has potential.  

So I take it she danced to a Britney Spears song.  Lol - re: those comments about her channeling her "inner-Britney".  She just seems overly dramatic and into herself a little more than the others to me.  Cute costume though.

• Love 1
(edited)

More audition pics.

Sheridan (TCC)

Kat and Erica (Former DCC and vet)

Tess (TCC)

hmm..wait links didn't work...give me a minute

update: I think they're working now

Edited by Dior99
(edited)

I don't like Amy and it's not  because Of her attitude. She seemed nice.  What I don't like her for is that fake ass crying she did last year.  even my husband who doesn't watch the show caught the scene where she was crying and said how fake it was.  watch the scene again and see how she looks at the camera.  such bullshit!

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 2

Okay, someone needs to coherently explain what was happening recently with Charlotte's twitter account, Shelbi's boyfriend, her mom and all that. I'm so confused going through the posts trying to put it all together! lol

• Love 4
(edited)

That Allie girl that's friends w/ Holly has very unfortunate legs.  Calves as big as her thighs.  I wonder how she will look in the uniform.  The boots will either cover it up or make it look worse.  I can see it all coming down to cameos for her - like once she gets the whole uniform boots and all on, she will either get a pass or be done.

it would probably help K&J decide such things if they added a segment to finals where each finalist put on a pair of the boots with their auditionwear and then took a few photos and got a once over on the big screen.  They could use the used boots turned in by the vets almost like bowling shoes to cover the different sizes. 

Edited by MyFavShows
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Dior99 said:

Tess (TCC)

hmm..wait links didn't work...give me a minute

update: I think they're working now

This girl has a really nice figure.  Lol - she's a candidate to get made over as blonde if they are desperate for blondes w/ nice bodies as the ones who can't dance get weeded out ;). 

Edited by MyFavShows
12 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Love the shot of Claire. I'm not a dancer but to me that looks like nice technique. Hope we see more of her this season.

Agree! Poor Claire is so underrated...from the other girls' comments she seems to be really funny and actually a good dancer! Wish she would do more on social media!! Her figure is awesome. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Okay, someone needs to coherently explain what was happening recently with Charlotte's twitter account, Shelbi's boyfriend, her mom and all that. I'm so confused going through the posts trying to put it all together! lol

It all happened on charlottes Instagram, the second picture on her page(the team pic).  Shelbis boyfriend (his Instagram name is "roialbijoux") wrote a bunch of terrible comments. They've since been deleted but you can see everyone's responses to him. He definitely called he girls whores because someone responded to that. I didn't catch the comments he made, can anyone who did relay exactly what he said?

and I think the consensus is you are as good as the company you keep... Pretty doubtful he's this terrible and she's totally innocent. Just my opinion though! 

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

It all happened on charlottes Instagram, the second picture on her page(the team pic).  Shelbis boyfriend (his Instagram name is "roialbijoux") wrote a bunch of terrible comments. They've since been deleted but you can see everyone's responses to him. He definitely called he girls whores because someone responded to that. I didn't catch the comments he made, can anyone who did relay exactly what he said?

and I think the consensus is you are as good as the company you keep... Pretty doubtful he's this terrible and she's totally innocent. Just my opinion though! 

So aside from roialbijoux's text outing Caila for being drunk in a bar under age, he texted Charlotte saying terrible things about the TCCs? Do you think Charlotte, Kelli and Judy know he's Shelbi's boyfriend, or do they think he's just a troll?  Did Shelbi's mom get into on Charlotte's twitter too, or did she just comment on Instagram?

I can understand a mom being disgruntled on her daughter's behalf. She would know how hard Shelbi worked to get into TC again. Though it isn't wise to say nasty comments if it might impact your daughter getting her dream - unless this was it for Shelbi and her decision to not audition again was the "All Fire" signal! lol

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

So aside from roiabijoux's text outing Caila for being drunk in a bar under age, he texted Charlotte saying terrible things about the TCCs? Do you think Charlotte, Kelli and Judy know he's Shelbi's boyfriend, or do they think he's just a troll?  Did Shelbi's mom get into on Charlotte's twitter too, or did she just comment on Instagram?

I can understand a mom being disgruntled on her daughter's behalf. She would know how hard Shelbi worked to get into TC again. Though it isn't wise to say nasty comments if it might impact your daughter getting her dream - unless this was it for Shelbi and her decision to not audition again was the "All Fire" signal! lol

I'm a mom to two girls and I'd never do that- it's not helping your daughter. At the end of the day, Shelby didn't have what it takes to make training camp. They can't take everyone. My kid didn't get into a certain private school this year. I wasn't instagramming the admissions director making nasty comments. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

I'm a mom to two girls and I'd never do that- it's not helping your daughter. At the end of the day, Shelby didn't have what it takes to make training camp. They can't take everyone. My kid didn't get into a certain private school this year. I wasn't instagramming the admissions director making nasty comments. 

Many mom's wouldn't do that - and many would. Remember Wanda Holloway who murdered her cheerleader daughter's rival? (cue ominous music) But seriously, most mother's wouldn't do anything overtly. But people are people - some have more control than others. 

And so we're not spreading a rumor - I don't know if Shelbi's mom made a comment to Charlotte. That's why I asked. :)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Dior99 said:

A much more flattering pic of Kelli's daighter than the one posted previously.

Great picture of her. I think Sam is really pretty and seems like a classy lady all around.

When you say text I'm assuming you mean commenting on Instagram right? No idea anything about caila or shelbis mom. I know some people commented earlier who actually read all the comments he made, help us out ladies! I'm sure they picked up on the fact that he's her boyfriend based on a few comments on that pic referring to that. And if they weren't positive they could do a little research on her Instagram account and see him tagged all over. Unless she's done some damage control....

Oops, I don't know why my previous comment from earlier posted twice! 

I do think Kelli and Charlotte look for "different" too, though don't think they confine themselves to the light/dark line.  Carisa Rose, Joannah Liad, Malia Morales, Kim Tong, the Trevino sisters, Yoshiko Danjo, Alyssa Sarasani and so many others are also diverse.

You lost me with Malia. She's a blonde Caucasian woman. At any rate, I don't think they've have a quota, but they make damn sure they have at least one AA woman on the team every year.

Same here. I can't imagine (or recall) what she might've done on camera to get the bitch label. That's a pretty strong word for someone who probably had less then 10 minutes of screen time last season.

That Allie girl that's friends w/ Holly has very unfortunate legs.  Calves as big as her thighs.  I wonder how she will look in the uniform.

In that case, I would think cowboy boots would be a godsend.

Kind of a weird pose in my opinion.

Those AAIA girls frequently do that power lunge thing in their photos.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Thanks for the heads up that it was Instagram. I was getting bits and pieces from what everyone was saying and lost rack of the social venue! lol

I saw the responses to whatever the comments originally were. Too bad this kinda stuff has to happen, and kinda surprised (and GLAD) it doesn't happen more often when girls pour their hearts and souls into a dream like DCC.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kitty called it the first time she met Shelbi in TC and said to cut her. Paraphrasing, she said cut her act Pronto, because Shelbi is competitive and if she doesn't make the team she will flip her shit. 

And maybe it's just the boyfriend , not her. Like Tanya Harding. 

Sure.

Edited by Bubbetv
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

You lost me with Malia. She's a blonde Caucasian woman. At any rate, I don't think they've have a quota, but they make damn sure they have at least one AA woman on the team every year.

Malia is half Latina. You can't always go by hair color. Check Paula Tabares - she's very blonde and she's Columbian. Mia Greenhouse was only half AA. Which half counts? I'm just saying ethnic diversity is more than just AA and white. :)  Again, JMO!

2 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

Kitty called it the first time she met Shelbi in TC and said to cut her. Paraphrasing, she said cut her act Pronto, because Shelbi is competitive and if she doesn't make the team she will flip her shit. 

I remember that. I wonder if Shelbi took any of Kitty's classes. How could Kitty know her that well from teaching one TC class?  Maybe this is a case of the woman behind the man........  :)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Thanks for the heads up that it was Instagram. I was getting bits and pieces from what everyone was saying and lost rack of the social venue! lol

I saw the responses to whatever the comments originally were. Too bad this kinda stuff has to happen, and kinda surprised (and GLAD) it doesn't happen more often when girls pour their hearts and souls into a dream like DCC.

Isn't there a saying along that line? That true character is shown during heart ache or when you're at your lowest, etc.? What a contrast between Shelbi and Kat.  

Though yeah, I do want to be careful that we aren't starting unfair rumors.  I'd like to think Shelbi was just really upset when she got back from finals and didn't realize her BF was going to take it out on social media.  I truly hope she moves on to something else now and gives up on the DCC dream. She is beautiful and seems to have business saavy.  It's great to chase your dreams but somethings are not meant to be.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

You weren't??? You have class and manners. 

Those comments are beyond nasty. What were they thinking? 

• Love 4