Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I believe all the judges have a vote for all the candidates with Charlotte and Kelli having more of the say so in who or who does not make it. Judy does have more power over the judges' decision, but Charlotte and Kelli run the show, so to speak.

I was speaking about the Interviews in particular. Since only 5 or 6 judges are at the interviews, do all the remaining 10 or 11 judges also vote on Interviews, or only the 6 or so attending...

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Um that is INSANE.

Totally! I'm not sure how she doesn't just topple over! And her hands/fingertips are so relaxed and elegant, her toes pointed...  Man, just outstanding.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That girl in the white outfit doesn't look happy!

I think she's trying not to throw up because of nerves. lol

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

I think she's trying not to throw up because of nerves. lol

Yeah, especially after seeing what Melissa is capable of!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lindsayz18 said:

caila better wow on that field routine and kickline, otherwise shes toast!

I feel bad for Caila. Maybe they'll give her a shot like they did Hannah.  Or maye she doesn't look as out of shape as she appears in photos. :(

29 minutes ago, caligirl50 said:

Fans can show up at finals to watch?

Apparently the final solos are projected onto a screen in on the field; something like that. So fans can go in and watch. 

I think next January we should begin planning out PreviouslyTV DCC get-together! lol

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

I was speaking about the Interviews in particular. Since only 5 or 6 judges are at the interviews, do all the remaining 10 or 11 judges also vote on Interviews, or only the 6 or so attending...

I do not know if they vote on the interview portion, or the interview portion is considered a part of the whole final audition process, and the judges vote on how a girl does on everything (test/essay. solo performace, field dance/kickline, and interview.) We have seen girls mess up on the interview part and was shown the door and girls who still bomb the interview and still make it to TC. Maybe someone could send a twitter page message to Kelli or Judy and ask them about interview voting.

12 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Question I have on the voting for the Interviews - since only 5 or 6 judges are present in the interviews, do only their votes count toward the candidate, or are the interview watching and voted on by the complete 16 judge panel...?

My guess would be that the girls receive a score for the interview  and that is factored in to Kelly/Judy/Charlotte's final decision, which is after they get feedback from the 16 panel judges.

1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

I feel bad for Caila. Maybe they'll give her a shot like they did Hannah.  Or maye she doesn't look as out of shape as she appears in photos. :(

i like caila too, but there is no excuse if she is partying like the rumors claim.

1 minute ago, Harrythecat said:

Isn't the girl in white the same one whose top had tassels last week?  Not a good look in my opinion

I think it's just a pic snapped at the right moment for Melissa, but wrong moment for the girl in white.  Her eyes are closed, so I think it's simply an unflattering shot in the split second it takes to snap the pic.

Hannah got a second chance, but she was cut a few weeks after TC started. I think vets coming in with weight issues will be shown the door. Imo, I think Hannah was brought back to be an example to the other vets and for the drama.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not know if they vote on the interview portion, or the interview portion is considered a part of the whole final audition process, and the judges vote on how a girl does on everything (test/essay. solo performace, field dance/kickline, and interview.) We have seen girls mess up on the interview part and was shown the girl, and girls who still bomb the interview and still make it to TC. Maybe someone could send a twitter page message to Kelli or Judy and ask them about interview voting.

I know the "finals" as a whole is comprised of 3 parts: interview/solo/field. 16 judges grade the candidates on their solo/field performance, but with only 6 or so sitting in on the interviews, that skews the judging panel if not all 16 judges get to vote on how the girls answered their interview questions. So I wondered if the remaining 10 judges got to watch video tape of the interviews so they could enter their vote on how the candidates handled themselves.

Maybe we'll never know how that's handled.

6 minutes ago, laney said:

My guess would be that the girls receive a score for the interview  and that is factored in to Kelly/Judy/Charlotte's final decision, which is after they get feedback from the 16 panel judges.

Maybe. That's as good a guess as any. :)

(edited)
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Hannah got a second chance, but she was cut a few weeks after TC started. I think vets coming in with weight issues will be shown the door. Imo, I think Hannah was brought back to be an example to the other vets and for the drama.

Veronica and Brittany Schram were brought into TC with weight issues too. I don't think Hannah was brought into TC simply to be cut for weight as an example. I think she was brought back because she was really good, and then given warnings to lose the weight. When she didn't appear to be making a concerted effort to lose the weight, then she was cut as and used as an example that Vets - even Vets brought into TC - could be cut for weight. But I don't think that was the original intent of her bringing her to TC. JMO, of course! :)

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

Hannah was given weight warning during her rookie year, so this may have played a big factor in why she was cut. Of course, there may have been other factors in the reasoning behind her being cut. I could try to figure out why certain girls are cut, some are saved/given a second chance, etc. etc., but I would end up with a headache and more confusion. *lol*

It would totally be a headache to figure that out! lol

Basically, the candidates are expected to maintain a certain weight. Certain body types are more forgiving of weight gain than others, but in the end how weight issues are handled are subjective, most likely depending on several factors.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lindsayz18 said:

im so anxious for these results, you would think i was auditioning....but...lets be honest, i wouldnt have made it past the prelims lol

Really, I don't think I would have made it pass the parking lot!!  Instead of leaving it all out on the dance floor, mine would have been all out on the parking lot.  Was in band and watched the drill team perform but wasn't one of those girls with rhythm or a cute body.  Even my next door neighbor told my now husband that a homely girl had moved in next door...and it was me!

• Love 4

Can any of us go back and check the message board from last years finals....I know I was on this board and saw the change in Twitter status for the 3 vets that were cut when it happened and posted. Might help see what time it happened.

4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Really, I don't think I would have made it pass the parking lot!!  Instead of leaving it all out on the dance floor, mine would have been all out on the parking lot.  Was in band and watched the drill team perform but wasn't one of those girls with rhythm or a cute body.  Even my next door neighbor told my now husband that a homely girl had moved in next door...and it was me!

we could start our own cheerleading squad "the homelys"

• Love 8

Okay, I checked the 2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Speculation thread from last year. Someone posted around 4:00 p.m. that Jacie posted the judge's deliberation started. Around 7:00 p.m. someone posted they were finding out who made TC. I am in Mountain Standard time, so Dallas is one hour ahead. I am saying the judges are deciding right now who will or will not make TC, and we will start finding out who made it around 8:00 p.m. Dallas time. Of course, I can completely wrong, but I guessing this is the time frame.

(edited)

From what BSG said, we should hear about who made it to TC in around 2 1/2 hours or so. So around 5 PM PST / 6 PM MT / 7PM CT / 8 PM EST, give or taking how long the judges need to deliberate.

Thanks 2134.dancer!

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

BWAAHAA! Can I join? I'll see if Lane Bryant will cut us a deal on uniforms!

I am thinking they may say I am soft in the middle, rear, thighs and have cankles.  Is there a place for me?  Oh and I have BIG boobs and they are natural-Kelli can squeeze them!

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

BWAAHAA! Can I join? I'll see if Lane Bryant will cut us a deal on uniforms!

I'm certainly qualified to join as well. It really be a hoot if we could put together a weekend to witness the finals, if allowed, or even a DCC fans weekend during finals. I'm planning on going to the Denver Broncos cheerleaders finals next year. I've done that a few times with figure skating competitions. Can't wait to find out who's in and who's out.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I am thinking they may say I am soft in the middle, rear, thighs and have cankles.  Is there a place for me?  Oh and I have BIG boobs and they are natural-Kelli can squeeze them!

Don't forget the thutt! That cracked me up!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I think Sam's dress is unfortunate but there's nothing wrong with her size, it's one of those dresses you have to be rail thin for. I'll withhold my comments on the rest, not because I need to relax, but because I'm not a fan of stating the obvious.

No pic :-(

Darn! She must have privacy settings

Remember last year all the vets did a signature move in their finals routine?  I wonder if this flying leap is this year's signature move since they all seem to be doing it?   Just a thought to kill time while we wait.

• Love 1

All of the dresses are product placement for some store in Dallas....Cassie already put the link to the store for the dress she is wearing,.  So poor Samantha just got the short end of the stick if you ask me....

• Love 1
(edited)

We really don't know what they're serving at that food booth. Could be healthy-ish stuff....

8 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Snydney is already gone and having a beer.  Maybe the reunion didn't go,well.  We will all have to wait and see this movie to see if she sold out and gave away all the DCC moves.

I must have missed the earlier portion of this conversation - what are you talking about? Was Sydney at the DCC finals?

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

Sarah left too. I think a lot of people only come for the solos. It is a long day and really has nothing to do with them. Cassie I can see being there all day and night but not everyone else.

• Love 2

yeah, they have an altered menu on audition day. it has salads, and healthier snacks. you can still get soda, nachos and hot dogs of course, but most people get a salad :)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

yeah, they have an altered menu on audition day. it has salads, and healthier snacks. you can still get soda, nachos and hot dogs of course, but most people get a salad :)

That's what I'da thought, so thanks for the confirmation!  It'd be odd to only have greasier fast food options when these girls are auditioning for DCC. lol

4 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

That's what I'da thought, so thanks for the confirmation!  It'd be odd to only have greasier fast food options when these girls are auditioning for DCC. lol

you know, not that i would know from personal experience or anything...;)

• Love 1