Type keyword(s) to search

S00.E05: Sirens of Ink

• Start Topic

Sarah has grown so much, both artistically and in maturity.  I have to say that I disagree with Ollie's comment that Sarah's goddess looked like the light was coming from all directions.  Looking at it head on, the light seemed to be coming from in front of Freya, hitting the center of her body.

• Love 3

Well, I am a Sarah fan, so I am admittedly biased, but I don't even think the competition was close.

It was satisfying to see Emily go home FIRST though. Emily needs to realize, all that shit talking just shows how insecure you are. I know the show encourages it, but she just takes it to another level. Her constant sour looking face doesn't help either...

• Love 3

There is no reason for Emily to ever be on TV again.  Her work is poor and her personality is wearing.  I did enjoy Jackie saying, “No I’m not done talking” to her rather than letting Emily bulldoze over her.  During her seasons, she was the queen of second worst; that is, almost gone but one person was deemed worse than her.  That does not make her a strong competitor in a small group.  Emily and her ill-fitting, cheap corset can go far, far away. 

There was absolutely no competition for the final tattoo.  That mandala was jacked.  Sarah’s lion and watch was really beautiful.  There was no contest.

• Love 4

I've always liked Sarah, too, and it was nice to see her more assured, and to see more of her work. I still remember a lot of her work, but her portrait of a little blonde boy is one of my favorites. Really happy for her.   

• Love 3
(edited)

You'd have to be a straight up fool to let any of these ladies tattoo you other than Sarah.

Lea and Jackie could turn out specific tattoos that were okay, if you were lucky, but even at their best they're not a fraction as good as Sarah. And really on a normal day with either of them you'd also be risking getting total shit too. Not with Sarah though.

Emily is just a cartoon character. She even knows it herself, I think, and just plays this for screentime. But her applying a needle to anyone's skin is a recipe for disaster.

I agree that Duffy was probably good enough to belong here and at least give Sarah a LITTLE competition (although she'd still lose to her), but maybe she got some dignity and didn't want to come back to do this shit.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5

Yeah... I could have done without Emily coming back on my TV ever again. And she still completely sucks, both as a person and as an artist. Thankfully I didn't have to endure her presence was brief.

I appreciate giving the ladies some focus, but of the group, the only one that really deserved a shot coming back was Sarah and she proved it again. I loved every tattoo she did, and the flaws that the judges pointed out felt really nitpicky. There just wasn't any real competition for her, but that lion that she did at the end... wow! She wasn't holding back. She looks like her mental outlook is a lot better so I'm excited to see what she's going to do this season. Along with Josh, she's one of the few that I would let tattoo me without hesitation.

• Love 5

That was basically anticlimactic.  Sarah was obviously going to win unless she barfed on a canvas.  And even then, she probably still would have pulled it off.

I had zero memory of Lea until they showed her past work and then I remembered her.  She wasn't bad and her personality was good.

I'm upset they brought Jackie back if only because we were again subjected to Mystical Mike and his technical delusions.

Emily is clearly just as crazy as ever.  To say she was one of the best females is basically an insult to . . . well, everyone.  But especially to Tatu Baby, Duffy and even Katie, all of whom are better artists than her and either elected not to return or were not invited back. 

I look forward to Sarah's work this season.  Other than Josh (I miss Josh!) she is probably the only inktestant I would ever let touch me if I were going to get a tattoo.

• Love 5

It really should have been a fight between Tatu Baby, Sarah, and Duffy as best female artist (though, this season's Megan is showing some real promise).

Emily is playing a character and she is a horrible actress.  That said, I am sure she is a nightmare in real life and probably gets away with a lot because of her looks (though she might think about going up a couple sizes on her corsets).

• Love 4