Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: Speculation & Sneak Peeks

Have they started production yet?  Because I know that Season 1 was filmed more than a year before the show aired, but if they want to air it this summer, they need to get moving.

Did they get Carla Gugino, Shannon Sossamon, and Melissa Leo back?  Because why else watch?

Did they get Carla Gugino, Shannon Sossamon, and Melissa Leo back?  Because why else watch?

It looks like Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo will be back, at least.  I guess Shannyn Sossamon depends on if Sleepy Hollow can spare her, or if they have any use for Theresa character still.

Because I know that Season 1 was filmed more than a year before the show aired,

Season 1 was aired so long before airing because it was shelved.  Once Empire exploded and made Terrance Howard a household name, they decided to capitalize on that and release at the height of Empire.

Season 1 was aired so long before airing because it was shelved.  Once Empire exploded and made Terrance Howard a household name, they decided to capitalize on that and release at the height of Empire.

Even though he was only in like two episodes?  Weird.

The return of Leo and Gugino is almost enough to get me interested.  As are the changes behind the scenes, because no matter what happens, it couldn't possibly be any stupider.  

But it's also hard to care about it when we already know what's going to happen.

• Love 1

No, and for very good reason.

This potentially jettisons a lot of what I didn't like about the first season (since we know Ben is in a coma), and keeps the things I do.  Even if the only thing it has going for it is no Ben, that's automatically an improvement.

OK, so now (deep breath), it looks like Shannyn Sossamon, Toby Jones, Hope Davis, Charles Tahan, Tim Griffin, AND Terrence Howard will all be back.  I have to guess we're getting more flashbacks since some of these characters are dead, but who knows with this show?

Blah. The little trailer thingy there made it look slightly more interesting than I might have guessed, but I think I'm gonna take a pass on the reboot. I was one of those who was pretty unsatisfied by the first season and I don't think there's any real evidence it's going to be better.

That said, I will check in here for your comments! :)

• Love 2

Jason Patric in The Lost Boys helped me discover my sexual orientation, but that was also almost 30 years ago.  So I don't know if that's enough.  Especially if goddamn Ben is still around.

The First Look is pretty interesting. Too bad they killed off Matt Dillion's character. I prefer him to Jason Patric. Ben looks all grown up. I cannot wait to see the man he is becoming. Hopefully, he does his father proud.

Where were all these new characters during Season One ?  Were they keeping them on ice for just such an insurrection ?  I don't see Djimon Honsou's character taking orders from the Hitler Youth/1st Class.

And blonde psycho-teacher somehow survived an Abbie mauling -- how exactly ?

And they still haven't explained by the end of Season One how everything seems so new considering that two thousand years have elapsed from when they were put into suspension.  Or where all the food is coming from ?  Or how that helicopter managed to survive intact ?  Or numerous other oddities/plot holes ?

• Love 7
On 5/1/2016 at 4:30 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Where were all these new characters during Season One ?  Were they keeping them on ice for just such an insurrection ?  I don't see Djimon Honsou's character taking orders from the Hitler Youth/1st Class.

And blonde psycho-teacher somehow survived an Abbie mauling -- how exactly ?

And they still haven't explained by the end of Season One how everything seems so new considering that two thousand years have elapsed from when they were put into suspension.  Or where all the food is coming from ?  Or how that helicopter managed to survive intact ?  Or numerous other oddities/plot holes ?

Looking forward to season 2 starting so I can read your weekly recap :)

• Love 1

I'm going to guess that it'll be revealed during Season 2 that it'll be revealed that the abbies are mildly intelligent and have created their own societies and its the humans who are the rarity in the world. 

I can't stand Ben or the actor who plays him so I'll either FF through all of his scenes or wait until the character is killed off.

(edited)

Didn't Sheriff Terrence Howard get shot by Matt Dillon and then get eaten by Abbies? I see he's returning for Season 2. I guess we'll be getting more flashbacks to present day.....or something.

Edited by Accidental Martyr
  • Love 1

It's against my better judgement, but since I spent most of last Saturday watching the Season 1 marathon I guess I'm in . At least for a few episodes, since there's not much else for that time block. I was intrigued at first, it reminded me of a one-season show called Persons Unknown going back a few years. Then around episode 4 or 5 it started to veer off into  a "Village" kind of thing. Too bad, Shaymalyn must have thought that schtick was worth another try.

16 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

I was intrigued at first, it reminded me of a one-season show called Persons Unknown going back a few years

I actually like that show! 

As far as Wayward Pines, I was very surprised it was renewed.  I'm watching the first episode of season 2 now.  I don't know if I'm going to stick with this or not yet.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GenL said:

I actually like that show! 

As far as Wayward Pines, I was very surprised it was renewed.  I'm watching the first episode of season 2 now.  I don't know if I'm going to stick with this or not yet.

I really liked it too. I keep hoping that it will be brought back somehow.

• Love 1