Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't normally find John Hieleman very funny, but he gave me a good laugh this morning when he said of Matt Gaetz and Stephen Miller entering the spin room after the debate:  They looked like someone had just eaten their dog ...

Heileman was hilarious.  

For someone who keeps talking about how this is about the future, Joe sure likes to bring up the past. 

It took him 45 minutes (unless I missed it) to bring it back to him. "When I first ran...".   Joe, someone needs to tell you, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TIME IN CONGRESS.   And of course coming out of a break we have the Reagan clip.  FFS, someone on the staff needs to tell him to stfu about Reagan.  NO ONE CARES ABOUT REAGAN.  You are obsessed with Reagan and your barely there time in Congress the way Trump is obsessed with crowd size.  It's a sickness and you sound pathetic.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 3

Joe said Trump was ill-prepared for the debate. He looked old & squinted.

Joe said Trump looked old. Joe said the Haitians didn't eat any dogs or cats in Springfield.

Mika said Kamala was joyful & superb. Kamala said the rallies are boring.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, tres bien said:

Also. It's time to retire Katy Kay when 5 minutes into the show has to shut her down for trying to whitewash what we all saw last night 

Maybe I don't tune in often enough to see/hear Katty Kay.  But this morning it seemed like her eyes looked different; more narrow, almost slits. Maybe she was just up late discussing the debate. The shallow end of the pool feels good this morning.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Maybe I don't tune in often enough to see/hear Katty Kay.  But this morning it seemed like her eyes looked different; more narrow, almost slits.

Dog-tired.  😉

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

Trump and his lap dog are pitiful. Springfield Ohio fight back!

Trump didn't let his son have a dog when he was President. I don't think he likes dogs. Biden's dogs were fierce and bit the Secret Service Agents.

• Like 2

The discussion of how can Trump turn this around.  Because that's what he did the last two weeks in 2016. Yeah no thanks 

Really. No help from the Russians, Comey and Hillary herself who let him brand her as crooked and never pushed back

That being said Hillary did win the popular vote but because of antiquated system she lost

And if VP is lagging behind Biden's numbers with black and Latio voters. Where are her surrogates. Get them out there

• Like 1

Anand wrote a piece about VP Harris ( https://the.ink/p/kamala-won-by-being-all-the-things ) where he used the phrase "pre-bunking" as a tactic VP Harris used to describe what Trump would say next and explain how it is a lie.  Saying it's proven to be more effecting than de-bunking after a comment has been made.
Guess what happens next in our story?
You're right!

Bloviatin' Joe interrupts Anand and poses a question to Barnicle, that isn't a question, it's a 3 minute retelling of Anand's anecdote where he repeats Anand's thesis 4 or 5 times making it his own, and then asks Barnicle something that just goes to support Joe's longwinded comment.  

Ever caught him going: "Now Mike, w w w w w w when the right wing says..." he's pausing on that letter as an affectation.  I think he wants you to think he's struggling with a weighty thought.  It's an affectation.  Joe doesn't stutter, he doesn't do this in casual conversation, and he used to not do this.  I think he's heard it elsewhere and thought "That person is really pausing to carefully weigh what they're going to say, I'm going to start this."
Watch for it.  You'll never not see it now.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Anand wrote a piece about VP Harris ( https://the.ink/p/kamala-won-by-being-all-the-things ) where he used the phrase "pre-bunking" as a tactic VP Harris used to describe what Trump would say next and explain how it is a lie.  Saying it's proven to be more effecting than de-bunking after a comment has been made.
Guess what happens next in our story?
You're right!

Bloviatin' Joe interrupts Anand and poses a question to Barnicle, that isn't a question, it's a 3 minute retelling of Anand's anecdote where he repeats Anand's thesis 4 or 5 times making it his own, and then asks Barnicle something that just goes to support Joe's longwinded comment.  

Ever caught him going: "Now Mike, w w w w w w when the right wing says..." he's pausing on that letter as an affectation.  I think he wants you to think he's struggling with a weighty thought.  It's an affectation.  Joe doesn't stutter, he doesn't do this in casual conversation, and he used to not do this.  I think he's heard it elsewhere and thought "That person is really pausing to carefully weigh what they're going to say, I'm going to start this."
Watch for it.  You'll never not see it now.

Right after the debate in the MSNBC analysis,  Rachel Maddow said "you could tell how it was going with the sound off, based on the look on Trump and Harris' faces". 

Guess who said the exact same thing Wednesday morning. 

It's like he doesn't have an original thought, but he will sure take something someone else said and repeat it over and over til people thought it was his idea. 

And all Mika does is read from newspapers or scripts her staff writes, or read Joe's insipid self promoting "articles", that sound more like a high school kid got on Wikipedia and copied half of it.  

Why in God's name do TPTB put up with him. They have so many talented, thoughtful people at the network, but this two bit hack and his mealy mouthed wife get 4 hours to push their bullshit on viewers. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Seriously... why is Joe is never, ever invited on any of the shows assessing the Conventions or debates etc?

I can imagine but he has 4 hours of crap with the exact same people there constantly...and is there himself live for about 45 minutes here and there?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seriously... why is Joe is never, ever invited on any of the shows assessing the Conventions or debates etc?

They would have to cut his mic.  Zero chance he'd listen to the producers telling him to shut up and let others speak, and zero chance a producer would stand up to him and order him to shut the fuck up.  
To avoid this drama, he just doesn't get invited.  I'm completely certain this has been discussed with him by the executives.
"Joe, we'd love to have you on the coverage.  This would make your career and you'll become as big a celebrity as possible for you.  But this is an ensemble, not the Joe Scarborough Sermon on the Mount, you'll have to lay out and listen.  You'll add accents and a thought, not ramble and bloviate."
"Then I'm not doing it."

And they don't invite Mika because hahahahahahahhahahahahhhaaaaa!  whew.

• Like 2

Remember how the Russian judge always scored American gymnasts differently than the other judges?  Of course, it was pure bias.
That's what I thought immediately after the debate concluded.  I checked out MS-NBC and Fox.  I discovered that the debate I saw, was not the same one MS-NBC and Fox saw.  Curious.

On 9/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, oakville said:

This is why they don't let Joe near Rachel Maddow.

This is so great. 

"Smug prick" is the best description of Joe ever. 

You do not mess with Rachel. TYT had another clip where she went off on Pat Buchanan and fact checked all his lies. 

MSNBC knows what Joe is.  There's a reason he is never on during prime time.  They know what the others think of him. BriWi used to make fun of his idiotic WaPo editorials all the time, without mentioning his name. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

This is so great. 

"Smug prick" is the best description of Joe ever. 

You do not mess with Rachel. TYT had another clip where she went off on Pat Buchanan and fact checked all this lies. 

MSNBC knows what Joe is.  There's a reason he is never on during prime time.  They know what what the others think of him. BriWi used to make fun of his idiotic WaPo editorials all the time, without mentioning his name. 

Joe went rogue when he was invited on Meet the Press after Chuck Todd became host. Joe shouted down the other guests including Rachel Maddow. Todd pleaded with Joe to be reasonable but Joe threw off his microphone and left the show. Chuck looked foolish & there are reports that he blames his hair loss on Joe.

The WikiLeaks reports in 2016 revealed that the DNC led by Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schult complained to Todd about Mika's repeated criticisms of Hillary Clinton.

The bottom line is that Mika & Joe have to be kept separated from other MSNBC hosts due to their attitudes towards their colleagues.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe went rogue when he was invited on Meet the Press after Chuck Todd became host. Joe shouted down the other guests including Rachel Maddow.

I saw that.  He went crazy, like he was on coffee and cocaine.  It was like he was doing an over-the-top caricature of a lunatic asshole pundit shouting down a table of other guests for the entire time he was on camera.  It was wild.

• Like 3

I saw a few minutes at 6 am and if Joe is a smug prick, Mika was doing her best smug whatever look this morning. 

And when Joe mentioned there's 50 or so days til the election she started hyperventilating for some reason. 

During Way Too Early Lemire had some woman on talking about the guy at Mar A  Lago and  "heightened rhetoric on both sides" bs.  Didn't we stop doing this after they fired Chuck Todd from MTP? 

What exactly heightened rhetoric are the Democrats using?  Weird? 

As opposed to immigrants eating pets and Democrats are having babies killed after they're born?  Or I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Meeka introduced a reporter this morning; a Brzezinski (her nephew) that I have never seen before; she was practically preening at the end.  If only she could use this same courtesy to Sam Stein and a few others.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Meeka introduced a reporter this morning; a Brzezinski (her nephew) that I have never seen before; she was practically preening at the end.  If only she could use this same courtesy to Sam Stein and a few others.  

That's Mika's cousin 

I'm glad Joe etc had a you reap what you sow attitude this morning

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 3

Joe supports more funding for the Secret Service.  Trump's security detail has to be expanded.

Mika is upset about JD Vance making false claims of Haitians eating pets in Ohio.

Mika loves her pets & would never support them being eaten.

Rev Al said Trump called Haiti & African countries shi% hole countries.

He said it's racist to target Haitians as eating dogs. There are other cultures where dogs are eaten.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said the Haitians in Springfield are hard workers & stay at their stations.

Wait, what?

Oakville are you paraphrasing or did he actually say that or something to that effect? 

Not that I don't believe he wouldn't say something that racist.  What's next, they're well spoken?

I lol'd at him this morning when he said "I drive by country clubs & Mar A Lago a lot".

What, Joe? Dreaming of the day someone let's you join their old white guy cabal? 

2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Wait, what?

Oakville are you paraphrasing or did he actually say that or something to that effect? 

Not that I don't believe he wouldn't say something that racist.  What's next, they're well spoken?

He did say that Haitians are hard workers & stay at their stations.

Joe said employers in Springfield are satisfied that Haitians have low levels of absenteeism.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

He did say that Haitians are hard workers & stay at their stations.

Joe said employers in Springfield are satisfied that Haitians have low levels of absenteeism.

OMG. Is no one at MSNBC hearing this racism?  This is like saying they stay "in their place". 

Well Joe at least somebody has low levels of absenteeism. 

And now Joe has spoken to all companies in Springfield who employ Haitian immigrants. 

Did he mention the federal prosecutor on the Mar A Lago "incident" is a Haitian immigrant?   He got way out of his station, Joe. He is still an attorney, unlike your dumb ass. 

• Like 1

While l I think Joe is usually a blowhard, I don't think his intention was to insult the Haitians by suggesting they "stay in their place".  I think he was saying they're hard working, and I didn't find the comment to be racist.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 3

As soon as I heard about the "assassination attempt" I thought, ugh, another week of this shit on MSNBC.

It's so boooring!    All the phony performative "political violence has no place" admonitions, as if wackos out there are going to say, "Hmm, maybe I won't go through with my scheme because Morning Joe said it would be wrong."

And then the Secret Service this, and Secret Service that, and "we have to tone down the political rhetoric" ... my God, it's all so obligatory and insincere.   We are in a post-rational world.   Platitudes won't change a thing -- correction, they do get me to change the channel.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

OMG. Is no one at MSNBC hearing this racism?  This is like saying they stay "in their place". 

Well Joe at least somebody has low levels of absenteeism. 

And now Joe has spoken to all companies in Springfield who employ Haitian immigrants. 

I think Joe is referring to the reliability of Haitian employees. They don't take days off or show up late for work.

Joe is happy that they are paying taxes & hopefully, one day will become Morning Joe viewers.

The show has not discussed the circumstances which led to so many Haitians moving to a small town in the middle of Ohio. Fox News blames Biden for sending thousands of immigrants to destabilize the local population.

Mika & Joe should offer to do a show from Springfield.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I think Joe is referring to the reliability of Haitian employees. They don't take days off or show up late for work.

Joe is happy that they are paying taxes & hopefully, one day will become Morning Joe viewers.

The show has not discussed the circumstances which led to so many Haitians moving to a small town in the middle of Ohio. Fox News blames Biden for sending thousands of immigrants to destabilize the local population.

Mika & Joe should offer to do a show from Springfield.

Maybe it's not racist but it's a little pejorative. 

Rising above one's station means you endeavor to reach a higher social status or position in life or career. As in immigrants come here with not much money or belongings, and they work hard and start their own business, etc. 

So IMO, "they stay at their station" would mean they know where they belong and don't try to be better. Which is rather insulting. 

I don't think it means they're a line cook at Applebee's and don't leave work til their shift is over.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

While l I think Joe is usually a blowhard, I don't think his intention was to insult the Haitians by suggesting they "stay in their place".  I think he was saying they're hard working, and I didn't find the comment to be racist.  

I agree; I didn't mean to make him sound racist.  What I meant was that what he said....made him sound condescending.  But it is not only him; many people say that very same thing when they are talking about hard-working immigrants. I was channeling Marie Antoinette. 😎

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1

I only watched for 15-20 minutes this morning around 7:45 but it seemed Willie & Barnicle were running things and Mika was relegated to intro's and closing a segment. 

Joe didn't say a word.  Didn't speak to Susan Rice, nothing when the Forbes guy talked about all the money Trump has made off Truth Social.  This guy falls in it and comes out smelling like a rose, every time. 

As it was almost 8 am, I'm sure Joe was just exhausted from doing his job for almost 2 hours. Or maybe he was told "you can be on today but you can't start your yelling and self promotional bs. 

Kinda like when I tell my dog "you can stay in the kitchen while I fix dinner but you have to sit there and be quiet". 

In case you haven't heard and need a good laugh, Sarah Cooper is back and she did the debate. It's on YouTube. 

You can thank me later. 🤣

• Like 3

Mika & Joe made fun of Trump confusing oil drilling at Anwar in Alaska with Bagram Air Force base in Afghanistan. You can't drill for oil anymore in Afghanistan.

Joe was fascinated about the Mossad using pagers to blow up Hezbollah members. Several thousand members have been wounded in the genitals & hands.

Joe asked Willie about P. Diddy Combs. Willie is an expert on his music. Combs is being accused of sexual abuse & trafficking. Mika started moaning.

Mike Barnicle is not a fan of his music. Barnicle said he never went to any of his concerts.

Sarah Huckabee made fun of Kamala for not having biological children.

Mika said Kamala is Mommala to her husband's children. Joe called it cruel.

Joe is mad at Fox News for mispronouncing Kamala's name.

Joe got mad at Sarah for making fun of blended families.

Joe supports blended families. Mika kept fidgeting in her seat.

Joe said Mossad is powerful but why didn't they warn about the October 7th attack on Israel?

Joe said there is a civil war in Israel between secular & religious Jews.

Joe blamed Bibi for funding Hamas.

• Like 1

Barnicle does the grocery shopping for the family. Mika said her dad never shopped.

Joe said there is a firehouse of falsehoods over Haitians eating pets in Ohio. Joe called JD Vance a liar.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said there is a civil war in Israel between secular & religious Jews.

What does that even mean??   

Haitians knowing their place, Jews fighting each other. Reagan and Thatcher were heroes.   They should rename the show Morning Bizarro World. 

I wish Sarah Cooper would do a video of Joe and Mika. Joe yelling his nonsense and Mika nodding along, "Yes of course, that's exactly right honey. You're so smart, how does everyone not see that?"

• Love 1

Kevin Williamson compared the hillbillies from West Virginia that moved to Ohio to the Haitians that moved to Ohio. The Hillbillies were accused of eating possums.

1 minute ago, SeanBug said:

What does that even mean??   

Haitians knowing their place, Jews fighting each other. Reagan and Thatcher were heroes.   They should rename the show Morning Bizarro World. 

I wish Sarah Cooper would do a video of Joe and Mika. Joe yelling his nonsense and Mika nodding along, "Yes of course, that's exactly right honey. You're so smart, how does everyone not see that?"

Joe is correct that there are tensions in Israel between secular Jews who serve in the army vs religious Jews who are exempt from military service. The government wants more religious Jews to serve in the army. Bibi's government is supported by religious Jewish parties. His government would fall apart without the support of those parties.

• Like 1
(edited)

JFC Kevin Williamson???  Did they mention he writes for the Competitive Enterprise Institute?  Which talked Trump into withdrawing from the Paris Climate Treaty?

And got Congress to not ratify the Kyoto Protocol? They are climate change deniers.  I didn't see this segment, was he a guest, or the subject of ridicule? 

His bio says when he's not writing, he's at a rifle range.  Dog whistle much? 

As far as Israel, it's not religious vs secular. It's far right hard liners vs moderates who want a two state solution. 

This bullshit is getting out of hand.  

I spent five seconds Googling "Israeli rabbis for two state solution".  Amazingly, several articles, including one in the Washington Post, about rabbis wanting a ceasefire and an end to the apartheid occurring in Palestine.

Rabbis would be considered religious, correct? 

Joe cannot keep making these sweeping generalizations about people.  Unless, I guess, in his demented mind, the Israeli people are calling him and stopping him in airports and coffee shops, or just waving him down as he drives by Mar-A-Lago. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

I agree; I didn't mean to make him sound racist.  What I meant was that what he said....made him sound condescending.  But it is not only him; many people say that very same thing when they are talking about hard-working immigrants. I was channeling Marie Antoinette. 😎

I just don't automatically call someone condescending for saying someone is hard-working.  To me, it means someone who works tough, physically demanding jobs that some immigrants do that, frankly, most other people wouldn't/couldn't do.  

My grandfathers were coal miners, and I don't think they would have been insulted and someone had called them hard-working, and that's probably what they were called. 

• Like 2

I didn't see this segment, was he a guest, or the subject of ridicule? 

He was merely a conduit through which Joe could wax lyrical about some speech Reagan gave as a farewell.  I mused to my cat, "if this was a reagan drinking game, I'd be seriously wasted."
the guy wrote about hilbillies and Haitians and how America is a melting pot.  Then Joe woke up and gave us a minute and a half on a reagan speech, let the guy reply in the affirmative, then here comes Joe with another minute and a half repeated what he had just said previousl.  Then I just stopped listening.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Joe supports giving Haitians more driving lessons in Springfield Ohio. The roads are in worse shape in Haiti, so he said they are used to zig-zagging around potholes which ends up in them hitting other cars and pedestrians.

Joe is happy that the state police will send more police officers to supervise the roads.

Joe said he learned how to drive in Georgia by watching the Dukes of Hazzard.

Mika didn't like that show & criticized Daisy Duke for dressing in skimpy outfits.

• LOL 2
Just now, oakville said:

Mika didn't like that show & criticized Daisy Duke for dressing in skimpy outfits.

She forgets about posing on a desk with her legs up in the air.  We see you.

Then there was Willie kind of subtly stating/complaining about the media having to cover Trump 24/7 since 2016. Now that, my friends, was a wowser. The media forced this down everyone's throats whether we wanted it or not.

I am done with Joe and his Reagan worship; everything about it. Joe...no one remembers (or cares) that you used to be a Conservative (hushed whisper) congressman decades ago. I wish they would play Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" when show goes to commercial when Joe waxes nostalgic. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

He was merely a conduit through which Joe could wax lyrical about some speech Reagan gave as a farewell.  I mused to my cat, "if this was a reagan drinking game, I'd be seriously wasted."
the guy wrote about hilbillies and Haitians and how America is a melting pot.  Then Joe woke up and gave us a minute and a half on a reagan speech, let the guy reply in the affirmative, then here comes Joe with another minute and a half repeated what he had just said previousl.  Then I just stopped listening.

If this was a Reagan drinking game, we'd have alcohol poisoning and be in the ER. 

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

just don't automatically call someone condescending for saying someone is hard-working. 

It's not the hard working comment. It's the "stay in their station". As I mentioned, rising above one's station is a saying used in the past to mean you endeavor to improve yourself from your upbringing, your background etc. And for someone like Joe, with his wealth and "status", to say Haitians "stay in their station", sounds like he is saying they know their place and stay there.  It's very classist.

Hard working is not in anyway insulting.  Something Joe & Mika should look into. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It's not the hard working comment. It's the "stay in their station". As I mentioned, rising above one's station is a saying used in the past to mean you endeavor to improve yourself from your upbringing, your background etc. And for someone like Joe, with his wealth and "status", to say Haitians "stay in their station", sounds like he is saying they know their place and stay there.  It's very classist.

Hard working is not in anyway insulting.  Something Joe & Mika should look into. 

Well, to me, the "stay in their station" comment meant they were staying on their jobs and keeping their noses to the ground--working hard.  I guess we just interpreted his comment differently.

Bottom line, I don't think he meant it as an insult (although I hate his ties).