Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Anyone get the impression Scarborough thinks DeSantis is an acceptable alternative to TFG?   It was only what, 2017? when Scarborough was ranting about the possibility of DeSantis becoming governor of Florida: "What's he gonna do when there's a major hurricane?   He has no experience!"  Now he says DeSantis as if reasonable people might conclude he's a good option, with zero mention of DeSantis taking a machete to the civil rights of Floridians -- and potentially the entire U.S. population.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2023 at 7:17 PM, Lowcountry snark said:

And then there was a segment where Katty co-wrote a book about women redefining power and success.  Joe listened with his arms crossed and leaning way way back in his chair.  Then, guess what?  Then he interrupts them and mansplains the world to them.

i'm on break from the show bc I was feeling so negative in the morning about all the trolling stuff etc.

and also it's summer and it's so gorgeous outside!!! so I've been having breakfast out etc. It's just such a happy energetic time. I hope everyone is enjoying this. Man winter is such a shitshow.

but but but I did see on twitter that Katty had this new book out and in general I think it's a good initiative, mainly because the book has the word JOY on it

Honestly that is my main philosophical difference with Mika’s women’s rights project thingy -- it’s so damn JOYLESS.

They are against so many things, against laughter, against popular culture, against sports, against colors, against talking while men are talking etc.

I feel like it should be okay for women to be *seen* and to be *heard* and to *laugh* and *participate*

It just seems so exhausting to be against everything rather than opening the tent for all women from all walks of life and being alive and present and SEEN and LOUD, agggh

so hopefully at least Katty's book is a step in that direction. I like her co-author, Claire something, she seems really interesting 

• Like 2
(edited)

did you guys see this?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4057273-msnbc-president-open-to-trump-town-hall-with-parameters/

gross gross gross.

WTF is wrong with these people? first they made CNN unwatchable now they're gonna make MSNBC unwatchable?

For the thousandth time I wish there was a progressive equivalent of Newsmax to watch on the left so we didn't have to deal with the constant pandering to mediocrity and humming and hawing that is centrist tee-vee aggh

if this shitshow materializes I hope they all resign en masse. just no. ugh.

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

well I see nothing's changed 😂

image.png.85b0ac2a2a5058f50fc385db2767a232.png

i mean thank god for Mika and Art Deco! Greek Goddess! Jen!

but sure let's discuss a women's issue with 70% of the panel humans who cannot bear children aaaah

and again, as always happens, it's all about the "politics" nothing about how f-ing f-ed women are and how f-ing scary that is

#readthechyron

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, neona2 said:

well I see nothing's changed 😂

image.png.85b0ac2a2a5058f50fc385db2767a232.png

i mean thank god for Mika and Art Deco! Greek Goddess! Jen!

but sure let's discuss a women's issue with 70% of the panel humans who cannot bear children aaaah

and again, as always happens, it's all about the "politics" nothing about how f-ing f-ed women are and how f-ing scary that is

#readthechyron

I feel like we don’t need more women we need OLDER WOMEN! Jen and Mika were too young for life before Roe and are too old to need abortions now (no offense Jen I’m her age!). 

I’d LOVE to see just regular Janes on, women who were of childbearing age back then with their memories and stories to tell.  Surely people are writing books about this, or updating them, and MJ likes to hock books at 6am (thanks jerks!) that would be useful for all humans. We need to LEARN and these women can teach us all and then everyone (young old, perimenopausal, dudes) can discuss. I feel like we’re just spinning our wheels here.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
Just now, jenkait said:

I feel like we don’t need more women we need OLDER WOMEN! Jen and Mika were too young for life before Roe and are too old to need abortions now (no offense Jen I’m her age!). 

I’d LOVE to see just regular Janes on, women who were of childbearing age back then with their memories and stories to tell.  Surely people are writing books about this, or updating them, and MJ likes to hock books at 6am (thanks jerks!) that would be useful for all humans. We need to LEARN and these women can teach us all and then everyone (young old, perimenopausal, dudes) can discuss. I feel like we’re just spinning our wheels here.

oh how about some doctors too. People know it’s bad but describe in horrific detail what can come of a back alley abortion.  Add in those women who’ve recently had to wait around going septic in parking lots before a doctor would touch them. Make it a special and even let JOE host it! Six part series they can rerun all into next year?  Just do it and get it right. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Those are great points Jenkait but tbh I don't think we need this to understand how f-ing f-ed we all are.

I think women know this already, instinctively, it's just that we don't get to be included in the conversations.... and when we do, it's as a freakin afterthought gaaaaaaah

• Like 1

I actually came on here because I see apparently Katty Kay has written some books and I was wondering if anyone here had read them and if they were any good.

I read “All Things at Once” like 15 years ago so I decided to read it again this summer!  Nostalgia and like regaining my morning Joe innocence….taking a more critical eye to it also…. and trying to understand how it all morphed into the KYV/50 thing *weary*.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, jenkait said:

I doubt if this can happen because networks (mostly headed up by men) look at women over 50 (unless you are part of the Forbes group) as invisible. Maybe we should become Influencers in something odd or provocative … that would get attention. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, neona2 said:

Those are great points Jenkait but tbh I don't think we need this to understand how f-ing f-ed we all are.

I think women know this already, instinctively, it's just that we don't get to be included in the conversations.... and when we do, it's as a freakin afterthought gaaaaaaah

You know and I know and probably most people reading do too. It just feels to me that even if Joe hogs the convo more than Jen it’s like the discussion is essentially occurring on the Titanic anyway….  

• Like 2

This morning Joe was there for 1 hour from 6 am to 7 am and then went totally AWOL without explanation

I'll never understand this --> what could possibly be happening at 7 am more important than work? No doctor's office schedules appointments at 7 am. No flights. No emergency grocery hauls. It's too damn early, so what is more important?

Like where does he need to be that's more important than staying at his job for his contracted hours?

it's just wild

• Like 5

I'm catching up, Joe & High-lemann ---> Aristotle could not possibly have said anything to Socrates in a debate, Socrates died in 399 BC and Aristotle was born in 384 BC. That's fifteen years later

#makingshitup

• LOL 2
47 minutes ago, neona2 said:

This morning Joe was there for 1 hour from 6 am to 7 am and then went totally AWOL without explanation

I'll never understand this --> what could possibly be happening at 7 am more important than work? No doctor's office schedules appointments at 7 am. No flights. No emergency grocery hauls. It's too damn early, so what is more important?

Like where does he need to be that's more important than staying at his job for his contracted hours?

it's just wild

A month or two ago Adrienne Elrod was on talking about the CHIPS role she’s in she and somehow mentioned joe and mika working their new  “16 hour weeks”.  It made me wonder if that’s how they got around getting the twins to agree to a four hour show, like they’d be getting a day off each?  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jenkait said:

A month or two ago Adrienne Elrod was on talking about the CHIPS role she’s in she and somehow mentioned joe and mika working their new  “16 hour weeks”.  It made me wonder if that’s how they got around getting the twins to agree to a four hour show, like they’d be getting a day off each?  

It seems that after the first two hours the show is no longer live. I don't know what happens after that because I've never watched.

I guess the reruns that start are for people who get up later and God forbid can't start the day without their MJ fix

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This morning Joe, Mika and Eugene Robinson were discussing the positive aspects of Kari Lake and Madison Cawthorne, speculating how if they had only played it straight rather than going all-out MAGA, they would have easily won their elections. 

Regarding ex-House member Cawthorne, who is confined to a wheelchair, Joe observed:

"If he had just said 'Less taxes, more freedom,' he would have been in that seat forever."

😬

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, millennium said:

This morning Joe, Mika and Eugene Robinson were discussing the positive aspects of Kari Lake and Madison Cawthorne, speculating how if they had only played it straight rather than going all-out MAGA, they would have easily won their elections. 

Regarding ex-House member Cawthorne, who is confined to a wheelchair, Joe observed:

"If he had just said 'Less taxes, more freedom,' he would have been in that seat forever."

😬

🤣🤣🤣

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing that Joe goes AWOL a great deal of the time. I asked the same question this morning when Joe disappeared after 7am and never came back.  They expanded MJ to 4 hours but what we're really getting is a 2 hour show expanded to 4 hours that includes close to 2 hours of repeats.  Everything after 8am is a segment repeat with occasional exceptions to include an interview of an author, celebrity, etc. (usually during the 9am hour)  Joe is almost always absent for all of this and don't even get me started on the fact that they both seem to take a day off a week.  With summer starting, it'll be even more often as I'm sure they'll have weekly vacations.  For the life of me, I can't understand why they bothered to increase this show to 4 hours when you're not getting 4 hours.  Would it kill these people to actually work a 4 hour day?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, jenkait said:

Okay, I am behind - what is CHIPS? 

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Okay, I am behind - what is CHIPS? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIPS_and_Science_Act

I’ll let wiki say it better than I can. It’s to make microprocessors (like anything with an “on button”?) domestically. I was so happy when Biden unveiled this because I’m rather in invested in my neighbors well-being!  He needs to be re-elected. Elrod is the perfect person to do public engagement for the program so I was glad they snagged her, that lady would sell snow to polar bears. Or, at least she’d give it a try!

• Love 1

I swear the world could be burning down and these dimwits are still rerunning MJ Weekend.

Since my self imposed ban of CNN I tune in to Joe telling viewers this is better than watching SpongeBob SquarePants. I beg to differ 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
On 6/23/2023 at 12:59 PM, millennium said:

😬

I'll always be glad Madison Cawthorne made that video of himself punching a tree!  Excellent entertainment for my then-kindergarten son haha.

• Like 1

Joe AWOL today, Ignatius in DC, Lemire, Richard Haas, Our Queen Elise in NYC.

Admiral Themistocles is here! I love him! 

the defenestration jokes are hilarious but also depressing, oh man. It's not windows anymore though, it's polonium sushi etc

Mika solo hosting and being super super stressed, which is unnecessary, because she's actually good at this and good with people when she's not yelling out headlines whiplash-style

anyhoo happy Monday to all  

(edited)

I switched off the moment Mika announced Scarborough was sleeping in, and in that instant I realized -- I just don't like Mika.   She has no redeeming quality (other than her contouring but that's the makeup artist, not her) that would lead me to keep watching the show.

I watch MSNBC on and off all day and enjoy other female presenters like Katy Tur (my favorite) and Nicole Wallace.   It never occurs to me to question their talent or qualifications.   But when Mika takes over the show, I can't escape the feeling that the teacher has stepped out for a moment and left his favorite pet to oversee  the class -- and the pet is taking herself way too seriously.

My sense is that the other women on the network have earned their positions, while Mika's feels ... bought.  

Edited by millennium
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

idk, I think she is actually good with people when she relaxes and genuinely listens to what other people are saying.

I think the stress comes from being more exposed when Joe is AWOL, but when she's genuinely engaging with people on a human level she's good IMO

but of course this is very much a YMMV thing, which is fair

Michael Steele cracks me up

Mika just said Joe is on assignment, although at 6 a.m. she said he had the day off, so who knows

i don't understand why Joe is sacrificing the show to go on all these assignments that don't include Mika and Willie, like why can't they go too?

and why are the assignments more important that the actual show?

is the whole primary season gonna be like this, no fun specials at all with the three of them on location etc, just Joe going awol by himself, i don't get it

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Gotta go to work but agh I miss them being live 8 to 8.30, now a rerun rerun rerun. It's 8.39 am and it's stiiiiiil a f-ing rerun

It was so gooood that short while to have 2.5 hours of live show before going out. 

ETA: agh I feel like I'm being super negative today. I hope everyone has a good week. they say it might rain a little tomorrow etc but for sure we'll have a beautiful week, it's so warm and bright

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, neona2 said:

Mika just said Joe is on assignment, although at 6 a.m. she said he had the day off, so who knows

i don't understand why Joe is sacrificing the show to go on all these assignments that don't include Mika and Willie, like why can't they go too?

and why are the assignments more important that the actual show?

is the whole primary season gonna be like this, no fun specials at all with the three of them on location etc, just Joe going awol by himself, i don't get it

The answer to your question is yes!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

No one should be in charge of a news show if they get stressed. When you host alone….you are in charge.

What you have here is bunch of type  A personalities. Except Mika who might be managing with the help of Prozac 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

June 29, 6:05 a.m. Did Mika really say (not read) but say syNchofants?

Yes she did but what else is new? Did anyone else notice that Donny Deutsch was literally two toned orange and white? His hands looked just like his old bestie trump 🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Me from ME said:

June 29, 6:05 a.m. Did Mika really say (not read) but say syNchofants?

If this news than you haven't spent an hour with Andrea Mitchell 

43 minutes ago, suziespend said:

Yes she did but what else is new? Did anyone else notice that Donny Deutsch was literally two toned orange and white? His hands looked just like his old bestie trump 🤮

Donnie was quite blue today. He had on three different shades including his matching glasses. Is this a thing?

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I watched this morning which honestly I quite enjoyed it, but but but I still don't understand this Joe "assignment" thing. 

why are they wasting time on a thing nobody wants? It's like going super famished to a hot-dog cart and ordering a hot dog and they're like "no, sorry, you can't have one now because we've sent our hot dog guy to Nuremberg to bring back a genuine! bratwurst! 

so you'll have to wait for 16 hours right here and also when you eat it you can't have any condiments or anything. And it'll probably be slightly off from the plane ride.

like everybody just wanted the hot dog right now from your average-ass NYC hot dog cart aggh.

ok well this was probably the weirdest analogy ever but I stand by it! the Hot Dog Cart is the NYC-based MJ show. All we want is an NYC-based MJ show, in the morning, with everyone there. Not having to wait for some irrelevant other Joe thing or weirdo remote phone-ins when the original is so so much better, and has all three of them together

now feeling hungry. 

I think Mika and Willie did well though. But I also think it's insane they keep being put in this situation

Edited by neona2
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Apparently. Mika's lipstick matched her "shawl" today. 

That was not a good lip shade on her. However I liked the shawl. Mika looks lovely when she wears pastels

• Like 4

Donny Deutsch just said: I only wear women's shoes after midnight!! I am in favor of this!!

I mean he's not perfect but he's literally the only person where I'd like to tag along on his uhhh midnight! adventures! mainly to pick his brains on anecdotes from NYC in the 80s and 90s

I loooove hearing about when the city was a place where humans were actually alive and people gave less of a shit and things were a thousand times more interesting and fun

He has a podcast but sadly there are no stories on it from way back or gritty stuff or insider things, just generic blah interviews.

Come on Donny more storieeeeees. take the freakin guardrails off, that's what podcasts are for

• Like 1
5 hours ago, neona2 said:

I watched this morning which honestly I quite enjoyed it, but but but I still don't understand this Joe "assignment" thing. 

why are they wasting time on a thing nobody wants? It's like going super famished to a hot-dog cart and ordering a hot dog and they're like "no, sorry, you can't have one now because we've sent our hot dog guy to Nuremberg to bring back a genuine! bratwurst! 

so you'll have to wait for 16 hours right here and also when you eat it you can't have any condiments or anything. And it'll probably be slightly off from the plane ride.

like everybody just wanted the hot dog right now from your average-ass NYC hot dog cart aggh.

ok well this was probably the weirdest analogy ever but I stand by it! the Hot Dog Cart is the NYC-based MJ show. All we want is an NYC-based MJ show, in the morning, with everyone there. Not having to wait for some irrelevant other Joe thing or weirdo remote phone-ins when the original is so so much better, and has all three of them together

now feeling hungry. 

I think Mika and Willie did well though. But I also think it's insane they keep being put in this situation

It's possible that Joe is up in Maine setting up the summer bunker for Mika & himself.

I find it strange that Joe missed commenting on a potential coup in Russia.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, tres bien said:

That was not a good lip shade on her. However I liked the shawl. Mika looks lovely when she wears pastels

Agree. Violet lipstick is unbecoming on lighter skin tones. Lilly Pulitzer should be her go-to brand. Would be perfect for her. But, alas...Mika's gonna Mika.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Today when Joe was talking to *forgot his name* about the 100 best political movies, he said Three Days of the "Concord" instead of "Condor."  He didn't correct himself.  

Hopefully, someone will make a movie about Joe's influence on the American political system & music culture beginning with his legendary upset victory in Pensacola in 1994.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Hopefully, someone will make a movie about Joe's influence on the American political system & music culture beginning with his legendary upset victory in Pensacola in 1994.

Yay! Maybe he can get Sir Paul to do a cameo

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Today when Joe was talking to *forgot his name* about the 100 best political movies, he said Three Days of the "Concord" instead of "Condor."  He didn't correct himself.  

I kept waiting for the list guy to correct him - maybe not outright, but perhaps work the actual title into a sentence somehow.  Alas... 

I like only "having" to watch the last half hour of the show on my WFH days.  It's usually centered on the arts somehow, which I love. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I kept waiting for the list guy to correct him - maybe not outright, but perhaps work the actual title into a sentence somehow.  Alas... 

The list guy looked like he wanted to correct him, but I guess he decided it was pointless to correct the blowhard.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Joe agreed to appear on Friday's show. He defended President Biden for wandering off the set during his interview with Nicole Wallace. Joe said it wasn't a big deal that Biden was misspeaking about  Putin losing the war in Iraq instead of Ukraine.

Joe said Biden has been misspeaking since 1987 when he was forced to withdraw from the presidential race. Joe didn't mention that Biden was accused of plagiarizing a speech from UK Labor leader Neil Kinnock.

Joe is much more forgiving of Joe Biden's faux pas now than he would have been on the show before 2015. It's a sign of maturity.

• Like 2

this is a genuine question; I got a message about a thing I'm not allowed to discuss on here, then I clicked on it and after I clicked on it it disappeared and now I have no idea about what it is that I can't discuss on here anymore and why that is and for how long we can't discuss it? and what the parameters are?

i'm happy to follow teh rules, but i'd like to understand why? and for how long? and when it'll get back go normal?

i'm so tired, for me I tried to adjust to the new parameters

.....and for sure a hundred percent here for civil discourse

but i don't know how to exist here becasue all i wanna be is follow the rules of civil discourse, for which there is no support, and then get wrist-slapped for random rules when there is no support for kindness and philosophical discussion etc

i'm so tired

i tried so hard

but i got a warning thingy from Primetimer just for trying to contribute in a structured way, tbh i'm so tired

whats wrong with honest and kind discussion 

anyhoo i enjoyed so much all your beautiful selves  but its so so hard to try to be positive in a long-term way in a medium that just aims to bring everyone down instead of spreading positivity. 

please everyone take care of each other

• Hugs 4