Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Joe is screaming about all the polls being wrong and I don’t think I can take the next two days.

same...i don't understand why it has to be so dark and stressful. i almost turned it off but then Dave Aronberg came on, i love him

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Joe is screaming about all the polls being wrong and I don’t think I can take the next two days.

I hear you.  My household has been watching more local AM news to avoid the political coverage.

If Trump is not re-elected, MSNBC will need serious realignment.  It is Trump who has  allowed shows like Deadline Whitehouse and The Beat to prosper....and of course Morning Joe.  Without Trump a normal day appears quite mundane.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Mika Mispronunciation Watch...... because she makes 8 million a year and most of her job is reading news:

8:06 AM;  Consequential pronounced as consaqwensal.  then 2 sentences later--Muhlenberg College, a well known pollster as Mullenberg

Call me trite but when you are paid 8 million a year to read, read the frickin thing correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 9

Monday Recap.

There was a flashy Morning Joe election montage with the NBC election music. They showed a billboard with Morning Joe on the White House lawn.

They showed clips of Obama making fun of Trump's infatuation with crowd size.

Mika is wearing a navy blue turtlemneck.

Joe said he is wearing his navy blue election sweater. Willie said that if that sweater is election week then every week is election week. 

Mika said he has worn that sweater for 13 years.

Joe mocked people who believed in polls in 2008 & 2016. Hillary won the NH Primary in 2008 & Trump won in 2016.

Willie said it was a competitive 10 % election difference.

Joe urged everyone to watch Peacock. He has agreed to stay on the air till midnight. Joe will prevent any feed that shows Trump declaring victory on election night.

At 6:06 am ,Mika struggled to say the word consequential. She pronounced it consequencil.

Biden is leading in Pennsylvania by 4-9 %.

Joe said the Biden campaign is confident about winning Pennsylvania.

• Love 2

Joe said that Democrats have a lead on absentee ballots of about 100k  vs 90K in 2016.

Joe said there are 2.5m NPA voters in Florida. They could favor Biden by a much as 12%. If it only 2%, then Trump will win.

Joe said it is a jump ball.

Lemire spoke to senior Biden official. Does anyone talk to lower level Biden officials ?

Lemire will do a silhouette of the official Morning Joe cat, Meatball. Mika squealed at the mention of her cat.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

The Mika Mispronunciation Watch...... because she makes 8 million a year and most of her job is reading news:

8:06 AM;  Consequential pronounced as consaqwensal.  then 2 sentences later--Muhlenberg College, a well known pollster as Mullenberg

Call me trite but when you are paid 8 million a year to read, read the frickin thing correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed that and screamed at my TV!

She also repeatedly pronounces "Ipsos" as "Ipsus."

There was a flashy Morning Joe election montage with the NBC election music.

Does anyone else get 2016 PTSD from that music?

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4

Joe bragged that he knew that Bush would win Florida in 2004, when he saw the results from the Gulf Coast showing Bush doing better in 2004 than he did in 2000.

Some people call Joe , the Oracle of Orlando.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Willie showed a list of Polls in Wisconsin & Michigan. Biden is leading in both states by 7-12%.

Joe trashed the polls showing Biden leading by double digits.

Joe's "trust the science" philosophy doesn't apply to polls.

• Love 5

Joe started yelling at all the Trump supporters that block traffic in NY & NJ. He said that they are behaving like Democrats who riot & loot.

Joe is mad at Trump for wanting ACB to rig the election for him.

Will ACB apologize to Joe ?

Mika said that blocking traffic is wrong on a million levels.

Palm Beach Attorney David Aronberg was yelling at the traffic disrupters.

Aronberg is best known for dropping charges against the New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft for soliciting sexual services  in a massage parlor.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe started yelling at all the Trump supporters that block traffic in NY & NJ. He said that they are behaving like Democrats who riot & loot.

Please tell me that he did not actually say this...out loud.  Because you know he thinks worse things in his head and doesn't say them.  At least all the time.  Joe is a stealth person; we all know how he truly feels, politically.  He is trying to stay on this network because he is a lazy, lying two-faced shill; and has a sweetheart deal with said network.  I can't imagine anywhere else, on tv, internet, etc., who would let he and Miss Meeka sleep and go through the motions five days a week.  Wait, five days overstates.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Really Joe?  Are we still trying to push this bullshit? People who were looting and burning did not announce their political affiliation, and quite a few were found to be from conservative groups who were trying to get the protesters arrested, because they themselves were arrested. 

It's obvious Joe is shitting his pants that if Biden is elected, his little ratings gravy train comes to a screeching halt. 

I was talking to a friend on Thursday while standing in line in the rain to vote (yep, I did it, Joe, just for you). He and his husband watch MJ like we do.  He hates Joe's bullshit and his ego and can't understand why Joe and Mika weren't smacked down by management for their irresponsible behavior in 2016, as well as just the quality of the show in the last year.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Really Joe?  Are we still trying to push this bullshit? People who were looting and burning did not announce their political affiliation, and quite a few were found to be from conservative groups who were trying to get the protesters arrested, because they themselves were arrested. 

It's obvious Joe is shitting his pants that if Biden is elected, his little ratings gravy train comes to a screeching halt. 

I was talking to a friend on Thursday while standing in line in the rain to vote (yep, I did it, Joe, just for you). He and his husband watch MJ like we do.  He hates Joe's bullshit and his ego and can't understand why Joe and Mika weren't smacked down by management for their irresponsible behavior in 2016, as well as just the quality of the show in the last year.  

Joe complained in the summer about having to pay higher HOA fees for extra security personnel to protect their gated community. He was worried that looters would attack his community. Joe considers himself to be a leader in his gated community. He protects seniors who have taken too much Dexamethosone.

Morning Joe's ratings would almost certainly decline during a Biden administration.

There was a period during the transition in 2016 when MSNBC management decided to hire more Pro Trump anchors like Gretchen VanSustern.

The management may have been excited to have a Trump insider like Joe to get scoops about cabinet picks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

There was a period during the transition in 2016 when MSNBC management decided to hire more Pro Trump anchors like Gretchen VanSustern.

The management may have been excited to have a Trump insider like Joe to get scoops about cabinet picks.

Don't forget Hugh Hewitt!  He flamed out faster than Greta & Megyn.  Chuck Toad still has him on. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Don't forget Hugh Hewitt!  He flamed out faster than Greta & Megyn.  Chuck Toad still has him on. 

And Shep isn't doing much for CNBC. Apparently he started with 250K viewers and by week 3 lost almost 100K. NBC viewers across all the networks don't have much patience for anyone coming from that shop. New Tide Pods couldn't get the stain off these people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, SG429 said:

And Shep isn't doing much for CNBC. Apparently he started with 250K viewers and by week 3 lost almost 100K. NBC viewers across all the networks don't have much patience for anyone coming from that shop. New Tide Pods couldn't get the stain off these people.

Of everyone on Fox, he's probably the most tolerable, but I think people have their shows they watch and it doesn't occur to turn on CNBC.  

NBC/MSNBC/Comcast is still trying to be all things to all people, but I don't think it's going over.   Nicole would probably be the most popular "former" Republican or whatever they call themselves in this era.  And her success is due to her being pleasant, smart, fun and, shocker, allowing her guests to talk . 

Believe it or not Joe, watching you be an asshole to everyone isn't that much fun for anyone. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Please tell me that he did not actually say this...out loud.  Because you know he thinks worse things in his head and doesn't say them.  At least all the time.  Joe is a stealth person; we all know how he truly feels, politically.  He is trying to stay on this network because he is a lazy, lying two-faced shill; and has a sweetheart deal with said network.  I can't imagine anywhere else, on tv, internet, etc., who would let he and Miss Meeka sleep and go through the motions five days a week.  Wait, five days overstates.

I don't think he did say this, unless I blinked and missed it? idk, he's often an ass and his sweater is depressing but I don't think he lies. But YMMV. 

It'll be interesting to see how the Lincoln Project, Nicolle, Joe etc will brand themselves if Biden wins... Nicolle is so awesome tho I feel in the Biden era she could like accidentally turn me into a Republican with her magic and energy and I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW IT... 

6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe said the "Leftists" have been disrupting traffic & causing riots for years. Joe almost used profanity to describe people that block traffic .

I agree with you that the network has been very generous with Mika & Joe. They are making approx $15M per year & get to work from home on a sporadic basis.

• Love 3

Joe is excited about the Democrats potentially winning Georgia.

He told a story about Chris Matthews reminding him that in 1960 Georgia voted for JFK who was Catholic.

Joe doesn't remember that the South used to generally vote for Democrats in the 1960s.

Mika reminded viewer to tune into Peacock TV. There will be a Pulitzer Prize winning guest & a Historian.

Donny Deutsch & Mike Barnicle will provide analyis.

Senate candidate Jaime Harrison showed up. Chris Matthews mistook him for Senator Tim Scott before he was removed from the network.

Joe said that he knew Lindsay for a long time but was shocked at how close he became to Trump.

He made comments about African Americans being allowed to go anywhere in the state if they are Conservative. Jaime said he was out of touch. 

Mika was excited to interview him. She asked him about his family history. Jaime cried because his grandfather couldn't vote in South Carolina.

Willie said that South Carolina saved the Joe Biden campaign during the primaries.

• Love 3

Joe bragged that he was on an MSNBC election night panel in 2004 & proudly said that the Democratic Senate candidate had no chance of winning because South Carolina voted Republican.

Joe is trying to impress viewers that he used to be invited to be on election night panels. There is a reason why the network won't let Joe to appear on any panels.

Mika was happy that Biden won Dixieville Notch 5-0.

• Love 3

Jennifer Horn is upset that the GOP devalues human life. They are too sycophantic to Trump. There was no explanation of how Trump beat 16 other GOP candidates in 2016.

It would be nice for anyone on the panel to ask the Lincoln Project group what role do they expect to  have in a Biden administration.

Mika was excited about Jennifer Horn being the only women part of the Lincoln Project. She might earn a KYV appearance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

David Plouffe said that Trump' election in 2016 was a black swan event.

Trump needs a historic election day turnout to win.

Joe said Philadelphia is being boarded up this week due to potential violence. Biden needs 550K margin in Philadelphia to win the state.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika reminded viewer to tune into Peacock TV. There will be a Pulitzer Prize winning guest & a Historian.

16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe bragged that he was on an MSNBC election night panel in 2004 & proudly said that the Democratic Senate candidate had no chance of winning because South Carolina voted Republican.

Joe is trying to impress viewers that he used to be invited to be on election night panels. There is a reason why the network won't let Joe to appear on any panels.

Mika was happy that Biden won Dixieville Notch 5-0.

Funny, I just finished reading the WSJ and there was a huge, 2 page ad, in color, touting NBC's election night coverage, on NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and Telemundo, listing the anchors and times...NO mention of Peacock nor it's illustrious team of "analysts" and hosts. Ouch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How unpatriotic am I that I turned off John Meacham's very measured and scholarly dissertation about elections in the past? 3 years ago maybe but no.. not doin' it today.  So since I only listen to MJ on Sirius, can someone describe Joe's glorious Election Dat sweater???

• Love 2

Joe joked about about Truman ending the 1948 campaign attacking Glen Miller. Trump attacked LeBron James & Lady Gaga.

4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

How unpatriotic am I that I turned off John Meacham's very measured and scholarly dissertation about elections in the past? 3 years ago maybe but no.. not doin' it today.  So since I only listen to MJ on Sirius, can someone describe Joe's glorious Election Dat sweater???

Joe is still wearing his navy blue sweater. It looks cleaner than normal. There are no visible white powdered donut stains on the sweater.

• LOL 4

Joe is still wearing his navy blue sweater. It looks cleaner than normal. There are no visible white powdered donut stains on the sweater.

Since this is the most important need to know on this historic day--I thought I heard Joe say he was wearing a sweater he only wears On Election Day?  Does his navy sweater at least have red, white and blue lint on it????

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Since this is the most important need to know on this historic day--I thought I heard Joe say he was wearing a sweater he only wears On Election Day?  Does his navy sweater at least have red, white and blue lint on it????

Sadly, there are no other colors on the sweater.

Joe had the opportunity to be an official spokes model for LL Bean sweaters, but Mika vetoed the idea. 

• LOL 3

Senator Claire decorated her kitchen with patriotic ribbons. She is "Feeling Good" about the election results.

Eugene is excited about Democrats potentially winning Texas.

Claire said that Democrats could win Senate seat in Montana & Iowa.

• Love 3

Trump said he would win Michigan.

Gretchen Whitmer has a room rater pillow!

Whitmer said it will take a few days to count all the votes.

She is much more measured than Gov Granholm's legendary 2016 appearance on Morning Joe on election day. Hillary would sweep Michigan, Iowa & Ohio !

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

i've kept MSNBC on obsessively for like 24 hours now (what is this thing you call sleep??)...and i'm surprised MJ aren't doing anything special, at all? All the big names are in NY and everyone else is on location, all active and energetic, reporting from outside etc? And Willie seemed to be in a huge studio, by himself? Disappointing. Watching Steph now and it's like YES! here we go!

I have to say though i loved loved Mika's interview with Jamie Harrison. Absolutely beautiful. And Claire's decorated kitchen!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, neona said:

i've kept MSNBC on obsessively for like 24 hours now (what is this thing you call sleep??)...and i'm surprised MJ aren't doing anything special, at all? All the big names are in NY and everyone else is on location, all active and energetic, reporting from outside etc? And Willie seemed to be in a huge studio, by himself? Disappointing. Watching Steph now and it's like YES! here we go!

I have to say though i loved loved Mika's interview with Jamie Harrison. Absolutely beautiful. And Claire's decorated kitchen!

MSNBC did pay for a new backdrop with a Decision 2020 logo for Mika & Joe. The breakfast nook isn't big enough to host guests.

I was hopeful that Mika & Joe would broadcast from their  backyard pool.

In 2016, Mika & Joe were allowed to use the SNL studio with an audience for a day after election discussion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I loved how Mika said "and we are honored to be hosting Election Night on Peacock".   Because if we know Joey, he threw a fit and she's trying to smooth things over with the big brass. Otherwise why would she say something like that?  

1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Boy if that doesn't get people to tune in I don't know what will.  Blech 

Joe's little subtext digs while talking about concession speeches.  OMFG "how wonderful was Nixon when he conceded, even tho he knew that Kennedy rigged Illinois".  Really Joe?  You want to talk about crooked politics and you bring up Nixon as honorable because he conceded?    All the Republicans conceding were SOOO elegant and Al Gore, who was stiff as a board, suddenly became Cicero. 

"MY message to Biden and Trump".  Yeah I have a message for you Joe, plan what you're going to do when your little shit show's ratings start plummeting and Cesar Conde decides to replace your stupid ass. 

Regarding Joe's lies, found this little bit of info on Politifact: 

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/joe-scarborough/

Joe's really good at telling half truths. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe's glorious Election Dat sweater

I hope one of Joe's family members buys him a lint roller for Christmas.  It seem Joe is not earning enough to purchase his own.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Kasie Hunt said that Trump is under performing John Cornyn in Texas. It would be seismic if Democrats won Texas.

Kasie is excited about Democrats winning states in the sunbelt.

I hope Kasie doesn't fall into the trap that Chuck Todd did in 2016. Throughout election night, Chuck was convinced that Trump could not win any of the "Blue Wall " states in the midwest. He was very angry that "non college educated whites" voted for Trump & that white women overall voted for Trump. His temper tantrum was unprofessional.

He was so out of touch with the electorate that he was forced to visit several diners in Ohio & Pennsylvania after the election , so he could meet Trump supporters. I recall the look on Chuck's face when one of the people he was interviewing asked Chuck if he had a college degree. Chuck had to admit that he had not finished his degree.

• Love 1

James Clyburn was a special guest during the last 30 minutes of the show. He discussed Tocqueville's view of America.

Tocqueville said that America can repair its faults by electing Joe Biden.

Stacey Abrams was the final guest . She is excited about turnout in Georgia.

Mika would like her to join KYV if Biden wins the election.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I loved how Mika said "and we are honored to be hosting Election Night on Peacock".   Because if we know Joey, he threw a fit and she's trying to smooth things over with the big brass. Otherwise why would she say something like that?  

Boy if that doesn't get people to tune in I don't know what will.  Blech 

I am surprised that Mika & Joe would be doing any election night coverage. They haven't done any election night coverage since Morning Joe started. They gave them Peacock TV as a concession.

It's possible that Joe demanded to be a panelist on NBC or MSNBC , but the network was terrified of Joe interrupting the other panelists.

Joe may have also demanded that Rachel Maddow be banned from the studio. Joe does not get along with her.

Joe could have also asked to be on  NBC Telemundo given his knowledge of the Hispanic community.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Willie said that Trump has been campaigning since he was inaugurated.

This AM on MJ  I found out that Trump registered to run for reelection in 2020 like 5 hours after he was inaugurated.  The Ultimate Trumpian Gesture!!! Never knew this--wild!

Oakville--please make sure you take multivitamin and snack breaks today in between your pithy commentary! I'm working from home today (translation: listening to nonstop election coverage and muting it during zoom calls) if you need proofreading help or your brow (virtually) mopped!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don't get the decision to have Joe and Mika on Peacock.  Brian Williams is the prime time star of MSNBC, and the network spends a lot of money on the studio, graphics, and music.  It seems to me that Joe could have had a role on that broadcast with color commentary( the Chris Matthews spot).  Chris would talk about his people in Philly, with references to his blue collar roots and his old boss Tip O'Neill.  Having lived in Pennsylvania,  I always found Chris comforting and familiar.   There is no one currently on MSNBC who can fill that gap. 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

I don't get the decision to have Joe and Mika on Peacock.  Brian Williams is the prime time star of MSNBC, and the network spends a lot of money on the studio, graphics, and music.  It seems to me that Joe could have had a role on that broadcast with color commentary( the Chris Matthews spot).  Chris would talk about his people in Philly.  There were lots of references to his blue collar roots and his old boss Tip O'Neill.  Having lived in Pennsylvania,  I always Chris comforting and familiar.   There is no one currently on MSNBC who can fill that gap.  

Chris is second only to Joe in interrupting people.  Brian actually comes from a blue collar background in New Jersey.  

NBC spent a shit ton of money launching Peacock, and it has a news division, so I guess they felt they should have election night covered.  I cannot imagine the conversation that went on when they either told Joe he would do this, or he brought up being on the panel at MSNBC and they told him, no you can host the coverage on Peacock. 

Peacock TV: The RC Cola of election coverage.  Featuring Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. The New Coke & Edsel of Political Pundits. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, oakville said:

They gave them Peacock TV as a concession.

Well, and also because there's no one left to present on that lame platform. All the legits are taken. It's no "honor", Meeks.

8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Peacock TV: The RC Cola of election coverage.  Featuring Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. The New Coke & Edsel of Political Pundits.

🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3