Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I know this is far out there but I would like them to ask someone with a brain if Trump is doing what hes doing because he knows it will go to Supreme Court and they will give the election to him.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I know this is far out there but I would like them to ask someone with a brain if Trump is doing what hes doing because he knows it will go to Supreme Court and they will give the election to him.  

That is one explanation. 

The problem with trying to use Bush v Gore as precedent to stop vote counting in this election is that the majority opinion in Bush v Gore, which Kavanaugh cited, was that Bush v Gore was not to be used as precedent, it was, simply put, a one off, and was not to be applied to future cases. 

That was Kagan's dissent opinion. 

• Love 2

I can't with Joe right now, but found this on Twitter. 

Willie yawned this morning while Joe was going off.  Willie seems sick of Joe.

Joe is starting to look like Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard. 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2

Jeffrey Goldberg's Pennsylvania anecdote had me at the edge of my seat. Riveting stuff. "I took the Amtrak..."

I miss the energy from yesterday. Siiiiiigh. But everything really is awful, so I guess it is what it is

That Jared Kushner recording was shocking. They really have no shame   

• Love 2

It's an exciting day for Morning Joe fans. Joe wore a navy blue blazer with a light blue shirt. The virus sweater is in the wash.

Joe said Jared Kushner has the  blood of 100,000 dead Americans on his hand.

Mika trashed Jared and said he was unmatched for the job. Mika doesn't remember her glowing comments about  how " Jared & Ivanka" would provide excellent advice to Donald Trump.

Jared was Joe's source for all his scoops during the transition period before Trump took office.

Joe said he was right about the stock market collapsing because of Covid.

Does Joe know how to read a stock chart? The major indexes were recently higher than they were in January.

Lemire said that seniors are dying before they can get to the polls.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I can't with Joe right now, but found this on Twitter. 

Willie yawned this morning while Joe was going off.  Willie seems sick of Joe.

Joe is starting to look like Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard. 

Willie & Joe should have reviewed the french news before saying they don't know the motive of the attack. 

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20201029-live-three-people-killed-several-hurt-in-knife-attack-at-church-in-nice

• Love 4

Joe bragged that he looks at early voting in Florida which shows Republicans outperforming Democrats. He doesn't believe that Biden would win Florida by 4 %.

Joe said he doesn't believe any polls. Lemre said they should have a new segment called talking about polls.

It is 6 35 am & Mika's heir apparent Kasie! has not been allowed to speak yet.

• Love 2

Joe said there are millions of hidden Trump voters that won't admit to pollsters that  they support Trump.

Joe flip flops on Trump's popularity every 5 seconds.

Joe says he can't see Biden winning Georgia, Florida , Texas .

Joe told people predicting a Biden landslide to take a cold shower.

Joe doesn't see Trump winning Wisconsin,Pennsylvania or Michigan but admits he was wrong 4 years ago.

Mika showed the clip of Trump introducing Senator Martha McSally. He told her to come up quickly but people didn't want to hear about her. Yikes!

At 640 am, Kasie apologized to Joe for disagreeing with him. She said her sources told her that Georgia was likelier to flip to Democrats than North Carolina.

• Love 3

Joe started talking to Robert Costa about Pennsylvania. Costa said that Western Pennsylvania still support Trump but people are ecited in Philadelphia for Biden.

North Eastern Pennsylvania is still undecided.

Joe told Costa that in 2016 he told Mika that he thought Trump could win when he saw home made signs for Trump in the Pennsylvania countryside.

• Love 3

Joe discussed his heroic efforts during the 2000 election Florida recount. Joe fought to make sure that military ballots that came in after the election day were counted. There are many military bases in Pensacola. Fort Scarborough is an elite training facility.

Joe attacked Trump for trying to stop ballots that arrive after election day from counting.

Joe praised ACB for not voting yesterday on the election issues.

Joe attacked Liberals for complaining about Justice Roberts when he doesn't vote with Liberals.

Joe said people shouldn't predict what Justices will do.

Willie said most MSNBC viewers don't want Amy Coney Barrett to be on the Supreme Court.

• Love 3
On 10/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, neona said:

Idk, I think it's because Rachel's is tailored, professional and suitable evening formal wear for an evening show

That thing on Joe, every morning, is like waking up to the physical manifestation of our collective depression. It's like this dark blob that takes up two thirds of the screen, siiiiiigh. And it kinda looks like he slept in it LMAO. 

Imma miss Joe's beautiful Trump Era suits. it was like he had one burst of relative middle-aged hotness before prematurely becoming a slippered octogenarian. RiP Florida suits...Barney Stinson will officiate the memorial service:

I love Rachel, but her suit coat is not tailored.  I think it’s brilliant to never have to think about what to wear at work.  Some of the women anchors pick horrible dresses that distract me.  But alas, I don’t watch the news for fashion.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, jacourt said:

That’s his hope, but imo, it’s a pipe dream.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, cased said:

Out of Joy, Rachel and Nicolle, the only one I like is Nicolle. So I will check out Joe and Mika. 

I like all three, but they all talk over each other when together.  Nicolle and Joy being tied for worst offenders.

• Love 2
On 10/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, teddysmom said:

I'm not implying they have active "feuds" going on, it's more "yeah we tolerate him but if we had our druthers, hard pass".  We know the little hissy fit Joe threw when Rachel shut him down on MTP years ago.

And we've all talked about how they use the show to promote their personal projects at the expense of the quality of the show. 

There have been stories of people at MSNBC being upset about Joe & Mika and their attempt to rehabilitate Halperin, and seeing how they both fly off the handle any time someone disagrees with them, I'm gonna guess they aren't going to win any popularity contests.  

I also think the constant baiting of Trump is an attempt to get him to attack them, and then they get everyone feeling sorry for them.  Yes I believe Joe is that devious.  Because he loves the attention. And so does Mika. 

YMMV. 🙂 

Not gonna lie, Joe taking shots at Trump with behind the scenes info, so to speak, is why I watch.

• Love 1

Jeffrey Goldberg from the Atlantic came on the show to applaud the Daily Pennsylvanian for endorsing Joe Biden for President.

Jeffrey Goldberg & President Trump are two of the most famous alumni from the University of Pennsylvania.

Jeffrey Goldberg was the editor of the Daily Pennsylvanian in 1986.

Joe Scarborough said he & Joe Namath both graduated from the University of Alabama.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, neona said:

Mika's protege (Danielle?) has a really comfortable voice-over voice

Rattner's desk is like five times bigger than he is. Does he live in some sort of castle?

I wish Mika would put Danielle on camera more. Danielle's segment on  Latinos in Florida was interesting.

Mika was absent during the last 30 minutes of the show. She could have introduced Danielle's segment or chatted with her arch nemesis Stephanie Ruhle.

Rattner lives in a very large penthouse in Manhattan. He had the honor of hosting Mika & Joe's engagement party in 2017.

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/11/steven-rattner-hosting-engagement-party-for-joe-and-mika/

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Friday Recap.

Joe's virus sweater is back. It was cleaned & there are no visible stains.

Mika is wearing a  burgundy V neck top with stripes.

Willie is wearing a black blazer with a tie.

Mika showed clips of Trump supporters getting hypothermia, heat exhaustion & Covid in Minnesota.

Joe said that more people died yesterday from Covid than died in Afghanistan during the past decade.

Joe repeated the word Afganistan several times in one minute.

Biden leading 6 in Florida. Joe is skeptical about Florida.

Biden leading 5 in Ohio

Biden leading 3 in NC.

Trump ahead by 1 in Iowa.

Joe compared the polls to Harry Baily at the end of It's a Wonderful Life , where he said he wanted to believe again.

For the record, it was George Bailey who said that.

Mika said she had never seen the movie but she liked Bailey's cream liquor.

Joe's new talking point is to dismiss polls than Mika reads .

Joe complained about the lack of Democrats energy in Florida after 4 years of Trump.

Won't Democrats be afraid to embarrass Joe?

Joe ripped polls for saying that DeSantis & Rick Scott were trailing  by 5 points in 2018 & both won election.

Steve Kornacki looked devastated at Joe trashing polls showing Democrats ahead in Florida.

• Love 4

These polls are turning my brain into scrambled eggs... apparently they are VITALLY IMPORTANT but also COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS....gaaaaaaah. Poll Anxiety should be its own separate category of mental illness. 

46 minutes ago, oakville said:

Friday Recap.

Joe's virus sweater is back. It was cleaned & there are no visible stains.

Damnit Mika, you shoulda bribed the dry cleaner to have that thing chemically annihilated LOL.... It's not too late to orchestrate an "ironing accident"...

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

Kornacki said pollsters made adjustments in 2018 but still over estimated Democratic support in Ohio,Florida, Missouri, Indiana,Tennessee & North Dakota.

There are many white non college voters in those states.

Joe bragged about being on the ballot 4 times in Florida. Joe crowed that he beat write in candidates in 2 of his races.

Democrats couldn't find candidates to run against Joe to his popularity with white seniors.

• Love 3

Kornacki said there many retired white midwestern seniors living on the gulf coast.

Joe discussed being on an election panel in 2004 with Chris Matthews & Tom Brokaw & Mike Barnicle.

Joe could tell by 8 pm that Bush would win because he did well on the Gulf Coast. Brokaw & Matthews were amazed at how Joe knew so much about Florida.

I hope they play Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days at the commercial break. Joe's electoral career is legendary.

Joe is looking at Pasco County! It went for Trump by 22%. I have friends who live there. They will be so excited that Joe mentioned the county they live in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kornacki said that Hillary had a 90K advantage on early ballots, but Trump won the voters who showed up on election day.

The early votes will show a lead for Biden.

Kornacki said vote counting in Pennsylvania will be delayed.

• Love 2

Joe is worried that Trump could be ahead in Michigan.Wisconsin & Pennsylvania on election night. Trump's lawyers will try to stop the count of mail in ballots.

Joe is demanding that all votes be counted.

Joe doesn't want judges to be lackeys for Trump.

Kasie was allowed to speak at 6 27 am. Kasie is excited about Democrats doing well in Georgia. He could win Georgia before Florida!

Stacey Abrams is helping the Democrats. The Atlanta suburbs are mad at Trump.

Willie warned MSNBC viewers to be patient on election night.

• Love 2

Jason Johnson is hopeful that first time voters show up for Biden. They didn't like Hillary in 2016.

Jason said Trump could flip the script & demand more votes be counted if Biden is ahead on election night.

• Love 2

Joe made fun of Trump for not talking about how the economy did well under Trump. Joe said Trump is too focused on cultural divisions.

Mika said that Claire Macaskill will join Peacock TV on election night. !

Joe said Peacock has 22 million subscribers. Joe loves Peacock & watches 30 Rock.

Meacham will be talking about the James Polk Presidency !

Willie& Joe will be break dancing on election night.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

These polls... apparently they are VITALLY IMPORTANT but also COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS....gaaaaaaah.

After Joe has criticized "science deniers" but now denies the scientifically constructed polls.  😉

• Love 4
1 minute ago, neona said:

dude so what are Shawna, Kasie, Errin etc doing?? Are they gonna be with Joy and Nicolle?

I am sure Kasie will be on MSNBC.

The legendary Chuck Todd will be on NBC with Andrea Mitchell.

I am surprised that the network will allow Chuck Todd to appear on election night after his disastrous performance in 2016.

• Love 1

They played the RNC ad, and quickly, and thoroughly, focused on how the woman understood that voting Republican would help her husband find a job.  They suggested it demonstrating the 1953 values of men in the workplace, and found that amusing.

What they missed was the Republicans want to "preserve Medicare" and Democrats want to "eliminate private health insurance".  I missed the day that Medicare became private health insurance, but our witty host and his followers did not find that inconsistent.

• Love 3

Joe trashed the polls at 7:05 am . They are over estimating Democratic voters.

Jeremy Peters, who Mika had a crush on appeared on the show. Mika always used to complement his hair when they were on set together.

Jeremy said Trump is losing support among suburbanites .

• Love 1

Willie made fun of the silhouettes on the walls in Lemire's hotel room.

Lemire is working on a silhouette of Mike Barnicle.

Donny Deutsch was in his dining room. He asked Joe to be a guest on Peacock TV on election night .

Joe wants Trump to focus on the economic growth.

Donny said Trump rallies are toxic.

There aren't many undecided voters.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Joe said the RNC ad was targeted to female suburbanites.

Joe made fun of the ad from 1953 because husbands were looking for work. Joe started laughing loudly. Kasie's head went down to avoid her looking at Joe like he was a crazy man.

Joe switched to a grovely voice & said "Hey Little Ladies , I am going to keep your areas free from black people ."

Kasie said some women work 2 jobs. The ad did not mention Trump.

Kaie said that John James is doing better than expected in Michigan.

Kasie said that the Republicans could keep the Senate if Biden wins the Presidency.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe switched to a grovely voice & said "Hey Little Ladies , I am going to keep your areas free from black people ."

Seriously? How does he get away with this? He and his Brady bunch of talking heads would light their hair on fire in outrage if anyone else did this. Interesting that he is immune from the wrath of the sensitive souls he hangs with. They are usually intolerant of this kind of speech from others, even if it is in jest. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Seriously? How does he get away with this? He and his Brady bunch of talking heads would light their hair on fire in outrage if anyone else did this. Interesting that he is immune from the wrath of the sensitive souls he hangs with. They are usually intolerant of this kind of speech from others, even if it is in jest. 

Mika & Joe have a clause in their contracts with MSNBC that if they say something that is outrageous, racist or homophobic, that they get to take the next day off & call it a pre scheduled family day.

Mika had to do this over her "butt boy" comments about Mike Pompeo.

Joe frequently brings Al Sharpton on the show whenever he attacks black people about looting in St Louis.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mika was excited about Candace Valenzuela running for Congress in Texas. She used to be poor but won a scholarship to college. The district is trending Democratic.

If Candace wins, she will be featured on the KYV website.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Mika & Joe agreed to stay for the 8:30- 9:00 am segment.

Mika started cry reading the 1980 election results when her dad lost his job a National Security Advisor to Ronald Reagan.

Tom Brokaw showed up to narrate a segment about Reagan's 1980 election. He looked horrible. His glasses were crooked, his hair was a mess & he was wearing a white hospital gown covered by a navy blue blazer. He might have had his hands tied behind his back.

Brokaw looked much better on the clip from the 1980 election broadcast. In that election, states that voted for Republicans were colored blue on the election map.

They showed the 2000 election NBC had called Florida for Al Gore early in the evening then retracted the call, then gave it to Bush, & retracted that call.

The ballots were confusing in Palm Beach County &  future Morning Joe panelist , Pat Buchanan picked up votes that probably were meant for Al Gore.

Bush was declared the victor on December 12th.

• LOL 2

Joe said in 1980 he had made copies of a map of the USA & would color it in as the state election results were released. His family thought he was a nerd.

Joe said the 1980 race was too close to call on the Friday before the election. People decided on the weekend to vote for Reagan.

Joe said the 2000 election made him twitch. It took 38 days to resolve.

Joe bragged that George W Bush called him to thank him for his strong performance in Pensacola which delivered him the Presidency.

Joe said that Scarborough Republicans, felt comfortable voting for George W Bush once Joe had endorsed him.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Eliot said:

Today in Massachusetts I stood in the rain to early vote.

so that's at least *one* write-in vote for "Scarborough", amirite?

ETA: no, wait, TWO - I forgot to count his own

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Tom Brokaw showed up to narrate a segment about Reagan's 1980 election. He looked horrible. His glasses were crooked, his hair was a mess & he was wearing a white hospital gown covered by a navy blue blazer. He might have had his hands tied behind his back.

ok tbh this cracked me up, but also, noooo, poor Brokaw! I think it was just...an unfortunate camera angle? Tom honey you are much appreciated but get your grandkids to put the laptop on top of a stack of books!! LOL

4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

unless there's something that went totally over my head, I'm pretty sure Joe was throwing shade at DJT here? 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, neona said:

unless there's something that went totally over my head, I'm pretty sure Joe was throwing shade at DJT here? 

Of course he was...actually that's all he does...but in this case the manner in which he did it would normally be offensive to his cohorts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said that Claire Macaskill will join Peacock TV on election night. !

Joe said Peacock has 22 million subscribers. Joe loves Peacock & watches 30 Rock.

btw, is there any info on where they will do this from, and how? I know for the MSNBC one Nicolle comes to New York to join Rachel and Joy.. they are socially distanced but at least able to communicate in a fun and natural way... 

since it's a special occasion will they finally reunite Joe, Mika and Willie...? or at least...finally reunite Joe and Mika? Oh and heilemann said he'd be in florida, maybe they r planning for him to join live?   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, neona said:

btw, is there any info on where they will do this from, and how? I know for the MSNBC one Nicolle comes to New York to join Rachel and Joy.. they are socially distanced but at least able to communicate in a fun and natural way... 

since it's a special occasion will they finally reunite Joe, Mika and Willie...? or at least...finally reunite Joe and Mika? Oh and heilemann said he'd be in florida, maybe they r planning for him to join live?   

There are unconfirmed reports that Mika & Joe booked the Jupiter, Florida Senior Citizens Recreation Center  for the broadcast.

Mika & Joe will arrive in a bulletproof golf cart with their security detail.

Joe mentioned a few weeks ago that several of his neighbors were wandering around the neighborhood in a confused state due to taking Dexamethosone, so additional precautions are being taken.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2