Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Today's first topic was President Trump leading De Santis 62-16 for the GOP nomination.

Joe was furious that 71% of Trump supporters believe  Trump'sis telling the truth. This is higher than friends & family at 63%, Conservative media figures at 56% and Religious Leaders at 42% over their religious leaders. Cable news hosts weren't on the list.

Mika & Joe believe that Trump supporters are members of a cult. They won't listen to Joe.

Kornacki with grey pants !  He said Trump is leading with Evangelical voters 47- DeSantis 20 %

• Like 2

Joe told evangelicals that Jesus's teachings were blessed are the meek, turn the other cheek. forgiveness. Joe is mad at people that think Jesus was too left-wing.

Mika had a new scarf. I thought she was going to give Joe communion with the contents of her cup.

Bill Karins appeared! He used to appear daily on Morning Joe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

Today's first topic was President Trump leading De Santis 62-16 for the GOP nomination.

Joe was furious that 71% of Trump supporters believe  Trump'sis telling the truth. This is higher than friends & family at 63%, Conservative media figures at 56% and Religious Leaders at 42% over their religious leaders. Cable news hosts weren't on the list.

Mika & Joe believe that Trump supporters are members of a cult. They won't listen to Joe.

Kornacki with grey pants !  He said Trump is leading with Evangelical voters 47- DeSantis 20 %

I noticed Kornacki's grey pants too. But I thought his Gap pants were legendary 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Joe bragged that US Diplomats told Joe privately that the Ukraine counteroffensive would not be as effective as the Ukrainians thought. It's tough to push the Russians

Stavridis thinks a Ukrainian breakthrough is still possible.

He hopes the F16's can help Ukraine.

• Like 2
On 8/18/2023 at 7:40 AM, revbfc said:

I couldn’t help but notice that Chris Christie didn’t say what those “BIG THINGS” he wanted to do were (aside from the usual babble about entitlements).

I also couldn’t help but notice that no one pressed Chris more on that.

I can't with Christie, his bi-weekly appearances and MJ's amnesia. At least when Mika's on she gives him dirty looks.

Did an influential attorney pen a strongly worded letter to our former congressman? What was with the caveats today? "We don't know about cults. Mika does not have any formal training that qualify her to identify cults. I repeat - we have no knowledge of cults."

Interesting to know Joe's oldest also has a horde of friends who will continue to vote for Trump.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I found it hilarious that Joe asked Rev Al about his march on Washington for MLK. Joe forgot that Rev Al invited him & Mika to attend a few weeks ago. Joe said Rev Al championed the fight against antisemitism. Joe was happy that Jonathan Greenblatt will attend the march. Mika & Joe did not say that they would attend the march.

Joe forgot that he introduced a resolution when he was in Congress denouncing Rev Al for his antisemitic comments.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/270/text

It's nice that Joe & Sharpton get along now.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, oakville said:

I found it hilarious that Joe asked Rev Al about his march on Washington for MLK. Joe forgot that Rev Al invited him & Mika to attend a few weeks ago. Joe said Rev Al championed the fight against antisemitism. Joe was happy that Jonathan Greenblatt will attend the march. Mika & Joe did not say that they would attend the march.

Joe forgot that he introduced a resolution when he was in Congress denouncing Rev Al for his antisemitic comments.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/270/text

It's nice that Joe & Sharpton get along now.

I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop (yesterday) and the Rev say Joe's going to be at the march. 

Thanks for the link. With all Joe's bible quoting why am I not surprised. He's the exact kind of person that I always knew he was 

• Like 4

All of the media treats Trump like the press treated Dillinger in the 1930's.

And his supporters treat him like the public treated Bonnie and Clyde.

The only time the narrative changes on this is when the lawyers are on MJ to give legal perspective. A legal expert should be at the table every day 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Tell me I did not hear this from Meeka this morning during the discussion of the Golda Meir movie. She mentioned Helen Mirren (star of the movie) “knowing her value” which triggered both my funny bone and annoyance at the same time. 😳

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
38 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tell me I did not hear this from Meeka this morning during the discussion of the Golda Meir movie. She mentioned Helen Mirren (star of the movie) “knowing her value” which triggered both my funny bone and annoyance at the same time. 😳

Replying on host board 

I am at a loss about this know your value as far a Mika being a spokesperson. When has she ever stood up for herself. She got a raise when joe gave her part of his. Whatever contract they both recently signed was for both of them. I’m sure if Mika said she wanted out they would have said bye bye. She brings nothing to the table but anxiety aloofness and poor reading skills. When she interviews people she must have index cards with the questions because she never seems to follow up in the guest statements. I am not a major fan of Donnie but at times she is out and out rude to him. Can someone here help me out?  

• Applause 3
14 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

It's funny how a $10 million salary amazingly causes amnesia.

It's funny how the person in charge of MSNBC doesn't tell him to stop making up shit about all the people who secretly tell him stuff that would be considered classified information, in his idiotic attempt to seem important.  

The first hour is rerunning on Peacock, it looks like Mika didn't just get highlights, she may have had a little bit of a Botox touch up, she's looking very refreshed.

If Joe's forehead gets any bigger they can show that  Oppenheimer documentary on it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Omg. People sitting around the table talking calmly. This is fantastic. 

What the heck happened at the 8 o’clock hour?  Joe blathered something I didn’t get but Mika was like what are you saying. She was incredulous, sighed and started texting. We went from good conversation to stupidity as soon as joe showed up. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

Joe blathered something I didn’t get but Mika was like what are you saying. She was incredulous, sighed and started texting.

Her faces in that segment were hilarious.  But I don't get why she was behaving that way.  Joe wasn't misbehaving much.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"Once a politician, always a politician. Even if you quit your elected position mid-term." Added that last part for you, Joe.

I do not want to shame the man if he was being honest about the reasons for his resignation. But no matter the circumstances you think he'd show a little bit of reticence since he did actually resign. But we're back to 3-4 mentions per day.

And Mika disappears just in time for an interview with two women authors. Which may be a good thing bc I don't want her to start putting big KYV! stickers of approval on books a la Joan Callamezzo. (And this may be a bit mean but Knapp handled herself fabulously, especially in comparison to Mika this morning who had a relevant and simple question about Prigozhin,  yet stammered her way through it.)  

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 3

Meeka looked nice this morning. And who is the reporter who resembled Giselle Bundchen? Fabulous hair.

Didn’t Joe disappear during the Chris Christie interview?How much actual time, on average, does he spend on an actual day, on his actual show? He just seems to come and go. He didn’t seem as off-the-rails this morning considering they covered last night’s debate. But I didn’t see the whole show. Four hours!

• Like 2

I heard Mika fumble words I during some segment, maybe the Prighozin story for a minute I thought they had brought Andrea Mitchell on set. 

I see the Chris Christie ass kissing is going strong.  They've had him on the show more than they've been on the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

I don't want to spend the next ten months hearing about Vivek's command of ludicrous talking points or Haley's alleged ability to be "the adult in the room". MJ put Medhi on 27 hours too late this week to properly summarize the debate.

Willie, I love ya (mostly). But I don't know how you got through praising the long hours MJ hosts put in. ESPECIALLY WHEN LEMIRE ISN'T EVEN PRESENT! (Unless he was just underhandedly praising the crew only, which would be delicious shade.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Joe recommended that Trump plead guilty to some of the charges to reduce his time in jail.

Joe said he is 6 ft 4, and Trump lied about his height being 6 Ft 3. Joe said he has stood next to Trump & he is much taller than him. Joe said Trump weighs about 70 lbs more than the 215 he reported.

Joe mocked Trump for saying he had strawberry blond hair.

Joe is upset that Trump is fundraising using his mug shot.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Yesterday, Joe started the show at 6:00am by saying, 'Hi, I'm Joe. I hope you've chosen to be with us on this first of our hopefully many shows ahead."  WTF?  What is Joe talking about?  First?  Is that some offhand comment regarding how he's always taking days off or leaving early.  Did management finally tell him to do his job and stay on the air the full 4 hours? I just thought it was a really strange comment on his part.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I made the mistake of leaving this on Peacock all day while I was in and out. 

Oh the humanity. 

I don't know what movie Joe was watching, but he wasn't quoting anything from Field of Dreams, or James Earl Jones' character Terence Mann.  I just rewatched it a few weeks ago, I was on a Kevin Costner movie rewatch jag, and whatever the fuck Joe is talking about, it ain't Field of Dreams. 

Here's the quote the character was known for:

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

Yesterday, Joe started the show at 6:00am by saying, 'Hi, I'm Joe. I hope you've chosen to be with us on this first of our hopefully many shows ahead."  WTF?  What is Joe talking about?  First?  Is that some offhand comment regarding how he's always taking days off or leaving early.  Did management finally tell him to do his job and stay on the air the full 4 hours? I just thought it was a really strange comment on his part.

Strange is Joe's middle name. 

I wonder if he did get a talking to about how he and Meeks are never there, or one of them will leave the set for a segment or a half hour or whatever. 

Are their contracts up for renewal again, and he's trying to throw his weight around and scare management into thinking they'll walk if they don't get the money they want? (Those boats aren't going to varnish themselves, people; and Mika's scarf collection needs updating!) 

Seeing as how there are several people at MSNBC who would do a much better job and be happy doing it, maybe Rashida Jones should show them the door.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I think it was a joke. Joe is one of the most high-profile cable news hosts on television. Joe takes time off during the show to run errands or talk to world leaders. Joe's sources in the Kremlin told him that Prigorin could be killed on  Putin's orders.

• LOL 6
On 8/22/2023 at 1:22 PM, Kemper said:

it's wild to me that the controversy about the Golda Meir movie is about Helen freakin Mirren and not about....Golda freakin Meir 🥴 who for some reason is talked about with more brutal and critical honesty in Israel than this bizarro ahistorical fawning in the US. Reason nr one thousand to stop watching cable news, they are always behind the curve somehow, uncourageous, bland, inexplicably afraid to be truthful or nuanced.

I'm still at the Tell Me in Ten Words Why You Are Not a Podcast stage in my evaluation of Morning Joe, and tbh MSNBC as a whole.

I know it's a hangover from Covid where an emergency situation was normalized due to huge-ass egos and lazy talent, but if your production value and visuals are basically the same as a podcast that posts the video of their pajama people talking into the camera on youtube, which they all do, then hi, hello, you are a podcast

and thankyou for nailing another nail into the coffin of your dying medium.

Which is not gonna exist in ten years because you all decided television, visual quality, human connection, was no longer a thing. 

then at some point it's gonna be reinvented because people will always crave those things. someone will be like, hey, let's put *images* to this interesting conversation, and wouldn't it be fun if they could all be in the same room

~dum dee dum ~ art history with neona, a PBS special. Or possibly futurology. Same thing, this shit repeats itself ~

ETA: I want to add here as a disclaimer that I love podcasts. and so many of them are infinitely better and more honest than what we get on the tee-vee, which is why they really really need to think about wtf it is they are doing, quality-wise 

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1

Mika & Joe are off today. Rev Al was the primary guest. He discussed his triumphant march on Washington rally. Mika & Joe did not attend the rally, but Joe issued a tweet supporting Rev Al.

There was a new poll which showed Nikki Haley, Chris Christie & Pence gaining some support after the debate, but Trump still has 50% support.

• Like 3

Doris Kearns Goodwin today was just everything! I was in high school at the time of the March on Washington and could relate to everything she so eloquently said. This is how you reach people and viewers when talking about this country’s history. Not yelling and bombast; I wonder if Joe would have been able to keep quiet and his ego in check. 😏

• Like 7
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are off today. Rev Al was the primary guest. He discussed his triumphant march on Washington rally. Mika & Joe did not attend the rally, but Joe issued a tweet supporting Rev Al.

There was a new poll which showed Nikki Haley, Chris Christie & Pence gaining some support after the debate, but Trump still has 50% support.

Thanks for the recap. This was such a snoozer this morning that all I remember was a fast talking weather reporter talking so fast it was like she was conducting an auction.

Even Doris Kearns Goodwin didn't perk me up and I love her stories.

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, tres bien said:

This morning's video of Rev Sharpton's town hall answering a question from 18 yr old Ramaswamy 🎯

I saw that, it was awesome.  I do remember him speaking at the 2004 Democratic convention, his speech was the highlight of the entire week. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Joe and Jimmy B. Two kindred spirits, don’t ya know. 😔 

I about threw up hearing him brag about knowing Jimmy Buffet, like those two would ever lower themselves to mingle with the poors and attend a Buffet concert. 

Is there no level Joe won't stoop to, in his lame attempt to seem relevant? 

Why didn't Joe diagnose the cancer and cure it? Isn't he all powerful? 

STFU about Trump, the blathering about what will or won't happen is getting so old.  Jesus, like we all said, without Trump to talk about, this show is nothing but Mika blathering about KYV and Joe and his imaginary friends. 

• Like 5

Ok. I tried. Lasted 3 minutes. Joe is repeating the same shit he’s been spouting for months. No new lines since taking off?  Mika is sitting there gazing lovingly at this garbage like pearls are coming out his mouth. Went back after half hour and oh my god he’s saying the same stuff. Get some new stuff guys. Word for word it’s the same repetitious points. Lazy, lazy, lazy. 

I had a choice watch this Groundhog Day show or hang curtains. Well the curtains look great!!!

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I about threw up hearing him brag about knowing Jimmy Buffet, like those two would ever lower themselves to mingle with the poors and attend a Buffet concert. 

Is there no level Joe won't stoop to, in his lame attempt to seem relevant? 

Why didn't Joe diagnose the cancer and cure it? Isn't he all powerful? 

STFU about Trump, the blathering about what will or won't happen is getting so old.  Jesus, like we all said, without Trump to talk about, this show is nothing but Mika blathering about KYV and Joe and his imaginary friends. 

Joe said he & Jimmy grew up in the Gulf Coast area .

Joe said Democrats & Republicans attended Jimmy Buffett concerts

It's too bad Joe never collaborated with Jimmy Buffett on an album.

I like Joe's idea of a song called Wasting Away in a Bunker in Jupiter, Florida.

• LOL 6

Joe is mad at Senator Tuberville for holding up military promotions.

Joe is mad at polls that show Trump being close to Biden in the polls.

Joe is mad at voters for not crediting Biden for the strong economy.

Joe is angry at people who think Biden is too old to be President.

Joe said the economy is doing well & cable news hosts' salaries are at record levels.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville…you are on fire. There is nothing that can happen in life (births, deaths, infinity and breaking news) that Joe can’t make into an analogy about himself.

Viewers are lucky to have the opportunity to hear about Joe's connections to every celebrity & politician. It's no wonder that Joe was once named one of Time magazine's 100 most influential persons who served in Congress.

• LOL 4

I'm not entirely sure how Jimmy Buffett and Joe grew up together (as Joe stated during his opening comments) as there is at least a 15 year age difference between the two men. Maybe celebrity math is different?

This morning Joe also stated he ran against Bill and Hillary Clinton. Thank the gods for the producer who whispered in Joe's ear to clarify to viewers that actually did not happen.

Two standouts during vacation week: Matt Lewis, after listening to Willie's intro about a "smart" Ramaswamy, immediately countered that the dude has a situational relationship with the truth. And Barnacle, who has clearly had it with the weekly Christie segments, asking the candidate "How do you convince people that your party is still sane?".

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Today's top story is that Mika & Joe started watching "The Bear". Joe watched it to prepare for an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis. Joe's son, Jack watched the entire second season. Mika is wearing the shirt she uses for apple picking in Maine.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1