Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, oakville said:

Wouldn't crime in Prince Georges county decline if the FBI HQ was moved there?

They don't walk a beat!

I get the "old white men" trope about how they're boring and don't entertain because they don't (necessarily) have fresh viewpoints.  However, understanding who Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat are and what the Camp David Accords was, is the minimum table stakes to open your mouth and voice an opinion on governance and diplomacy.  If a guest does not know about who they are and voices thoughts on diplomacy on a punditry show, then the guest is an entertainer and nothing more.
However, today Barnicle really really pressed the limits of old white mannery.  During the piece on MTG knowingly lie and swear at reporters, after Joe's self indulgent rant, Barnicle said "I miss the days of [old guy from who knows when]"  And I pictured 1940s man fast talking in a fedora calling women toots.  "Hey toots why don't you jitterbug on those ace stems over here and let me plant one on yer kisser, see?"    Jesus, Barnicle.  Later he shuffled slowly in a 30 rock hallway yelling at a broom that his java is cold.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I get the "old white men" trope about how they're boring and don't entertain because they don't (necessarily) have fresh viewpoints.  

I wanna clarify that I have a great deal of affection for the "old white men of this show". 😂 I think there's a great deal of wisdom and experience and knowledge there and I appreciate that.

the only thing I was trying to point out, is that quite often there will be segments and the chyrons will read "women are dying in childbirth" "girls are facing a mental health crisis", or you know, abortion, menopause, miscarriage, and the entire panel will be like...seven dudes. When the actual issue being discussed is literally about women, so maybe ask them, maybe include them? that is all. I don't think it's a question of needing to be entertained, just a question of needing to be heard

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, neona2 said:

I wanna clarify that I have a great deal of affection for the "old white men of this show". 😂 I think there's a great deal of wisdom and experience and knowledge there and I appreciate that.

the only thing I was trying to point out, is that quite often there will be segments and the chyrons will read "women are dying in childbirth" "girls are facing a mental health crisis", or you know, abortion, menopause, miscarriage, and the entire panel will be like...seven dudes. When the actual issue being discussed is literally about women, so maybe ask them, maybe include them? that is all. I don't think it's a question of needing to be entertained, just a question of needing to be heard

Agree. They're stone deaf

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The fact that the Good Old Boys club has existed for so long rests on Mika's shoulders. She's proud of herself for starting a faux "movement" championing women's issues yet puts no effort into bringing a female's perspective into the daily discussions. She is such a shallow phony. She is only in the KYV thing to bring attention to herself and bask in the glory of women with real talent and achievements but has no interest in the issues facing "regular" women. Has anyone who watches regularly ever contacted her or the network? I'd love to see her on the hot seat for this. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

The fact that the Good Old Boys club has existed for so long rests on Mika's shoulders. She's proud of herself for starting a faux "movement" championing women's issues yet puts no effort into bringing a female's perspective into the daily discussions. She is such a shallow phony. She is only in the KYV thing to bring attention to herself and bask in the glory of women with real talent and achievements but has no interest in the issues facing "regular" women. Has anyone who watches regularly ever contacted her or the network? I'd love to see her on the hot seat for this. 

If she doesn't have any input into who's booked on this showt then she doesn't know her value.

I posted twice last month on the MJ Host board that I don't think Mika has the capacity to mingle with regular women and show empathy and work to help them. She's only comfortable with women in her social class.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)

So Mika just said on the show to Lemire, “You know me, I don’t lie.” She, who lied for years about having an affair with her co-host, said this with great confidence. The lack of self-awareness is strong with these two. 

Edited by may flowers
Autocorrect changed Lemire to Lenore. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Love 1

UGH! I wear makeup occasionally, and did the minimum when I worked to look more professional. So while I am not against makeup, my opinion is to put it mildly not very high on the focus on it in our society. This week, I commented to my husband that while I appreciate most of the changes to the show, I was happy that there were no segments on makeup, fashion, or the latest deals for products you can order.

So what is presented today? Something about a regular segment on airmail health and beauty. I may have missed the point as I was put off by the topic. Joe mentioned there are many famous people who make a lot of money selling these products. A short while later they were back to Alex Murdaugh. Sigh! Turned off the show at that point though it was almost over.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
10 hours ago, tres bien said:

I stumbled on MJ Weekend this morning. LOL

(I believe someone mentioned this recently)

I still don’t understand. They are on four hours a day, five days a week; then are rerun on Saturday?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I still don’t understand. They are on four hours a day, five days a week; then are rerun on Saturday?

Not a rerun. A mish mash of shows. I only had it on a couple of minutes because it's a pathetic cheap way to run a network 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone know what the 30/50 is supposed to mean?  Like over 50, but also plus or minus thirty?  Last week mika asked Elise Jordan “are you going?” and EJ looked surprised and said “Yes.”  I dunno, half the time I think mika is playing a part. She mispronounces EJ’s name, doesn’t know if she’s going to the KYV thing (doesn’t she control the guest list?), acts silly…🤷‍♀️.  I can’t quite figure her out. She’s just kind of unaware and goofy. 

Anyway, now they’re in Abu Dhabi today, I have a lot of snark but first let me say I don’t like the look of Joe and Mika in those high chairs against a lower balcony railing. I’m sure precautions must’ve been taken…right? Maybe I’m not seeing some safety feature, but it makes me nervous.  If I were Mika I’d lose my balance from looking around, instinctively grab Joe and pull us both over the edge!  …Now I have it on again and it doesn’t looks a bit quite so bad. 

Ok, here come the complaints.  I was truly aghast Mika kept saying that Zelenky’s wife was going to be there, like that’s such a security risk!  How is that okay? Also I’m sure Mrs Zelenka has got more important things to worry about 🙄. I suppose she thinks it might raise her profile and help Ukraine, so I don’t blame her. and today it sounded like she might not be there in person…I hope not.

Okay….I’ll keep going (complaining). I would love to see Mika explain why Mrs.Zelenska is there. I looked her up on wiki, she’s my age so mid-40s, not 50 yet.  She seems accomplished in her own right, apparently is an architect and screenwriter. …but is that why she’s there, because of her career? Of course not.  She’s famous now for the saddest of reasons. That’s why mika wants her there and it’s so…yuck. Mrs Zelenka seems lovely, she reminds me a lot of our “first lady” Sophie actually. At least she’s probably participating to help her own war-torn country. Maybe KYV should like donate something substantial to Ukraine or something (maybe they are, I don’t know).  

Also, why Abu Dhabi? Why not like…California? To me Abu Dhabi screams “inaccessible”. I don’t work in business but if I did I don’t think I’d find inspiration in a group of women at a conference at Abu Dhabi.  

Anyway, it all just seems like an opportunity for an over-the-top all-girl party, much like the Sex and The City movie where they went to Abu Dhabi, and really nothing more.

Edited by jenkait
has the word “not” in the wrong place
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Morning Joe is live from Abu Dhabi. Joe is accompanying Mika for her Know Your Value Summit. They are outside!

Joe has been excited about the new buildings since he last visited six months ago.

Trump's speech states that the GOP was ruled by neocons & freaks before he took over. He is copying Joe's use of the word freaks.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jenkait said:

Does anyone know what the 30/50 is supposed to mean?  Like over 50, but also plus or minus thirty?  Last week mika asked Elise Jordan “are you going?” and EJ looked surprised and said “Yes.”  I dunno, half the time I think mika is playing a part. She mispronounces EJ’s name, doesn’t know if she’s going to the KYV thing (doesn’t she control the guest list?), acts silly…🤷‍♀️.  I can’t quite figure her out. She’s just kind of unaware and goofy. 

Anyway, now they’re in Abu Dhabi today, I have a lot of snark but first let me say I don’t like the look of Joe and Mika in those high chairs against a lower balcony railing. I’m sure precautions must’ve been taken…right? Maybe I’m not seeing some safety feature, but it makes me nervous.  If I were Mika I’d lose my balance from looking around, instinctively grab Joe and pull us both over the edge!  …Now I have it on again and it doesn’t looks a bit quite so bad. 

Ok, here comes the complaints.  I was truly aghast Mika kept saying that Zelenky’s wife was going to be there, like that’s such a security risk!  How is that okay? Also I’m sure Mrs Zelenka has got more important things to worry about 🙄. I suppose she thinks it might raise her profile and help Ukraine, so I don’t blame her. and today it sounded like she might not be there in person…I hope not.

Okay….I’ll keep going (complaining). I would love to see Mika explain why Mrs.Zelenska is there. I looked her up on wiki, she’s my age so not mid-40s, but 50 yet.  She seems accomplished in her own right, apparently is an architect and screenwriter. …but is that why she’s there, because of her career? Of course not.  She’s famous now for the saddest of reasons. That’s why mika wants her there and it’s so…yuck. Mrs Zelenka seems lovely, she reminds me a lot of our “first lady” Sophie actually. At least she’s probably participating to help her own war-torn country. Maybe KYV should like donate something substantial to Ukraine or something (maybe they are, I don’t know).  

Also, why Abu Dhabi? Why not like…California? To me Abu Dhabi screams “inaccessible”. I don’t work in business but if I did I don’t think I’d find inspiration in a group of women at a conference at Abu Dhabi.  

Anyway, it all just seems like an opportunity for an over-the-top all-girl party, much like the Sex and The City movie where they went to Abu Dhabi, and really nothing more.

Good analysis.

I checked the registration page and the fee to attend the summit is $10,000.

There is a discount code available.

The show has been promoting the first lady of Ukraine's appearance for weeks.

There is a clip of Karl Rove & KAC discussing DeSantis

Joe called Trump's speech sick. Trump talked about retribution.

• Like 5
(edited)

We can always count on you, Oakville!  10K might be a bargain considering that in the SATC movie their hotel (not the only hotel there of course) was 22K a night. The movie was like 15 years ago. Thanks useless memory! Good grief.  

And of course they can spend their money as they like.  …there just seems something disingenuous about the whole thing. You don’t even been to be 50, that seems almost irrelevant, maybe if you’re a woman under 50 or a man you’re part of the entourage, a KYV groupie?  Simply be Mika’s friend, famous, or the first lady of a war-torn country. OOF. Tell me it gets better.

Oh yeah, and I thought I’d heard wrong when they said Olena Zelenska would be there. I thought how could Mika let that slip?! I wanted to ask on here but I didn’t want to bring it up!  Then Mika said it so many times since then i knew it wasn’t a slip-up. 

Edited by jenkait
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Who exactly is this summit for?  I am sure the great majority of the viewers have nothing in common with someone who could afford this meeting.  These two are so far removed from the normal people of the country.

Edited by jacourt
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2023 at 4:57 PM, tres bien said:

Not a rerun. A mish mash of shows. I only had it on a couple of minutes because it's a pathetic cheap way to run a network 

I’d be very happy with another hour of Dateline (others may not, I just happen to love Dateline). I don’t need to see the triple repeat of MJ clips. I’m surprised they aren’t mashing up other shows like NW (maybe we shouldn’t give them anyideas?)  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

Who exactly is this summit for?  I am sure the great majority of the viewers have nothing in common with someone who could afford this meeting.  These two are so far removed from the normal people of the country.

I think it's a collaboration with Forbes magazine. It must have some appeal to advertisers for their magazine.

Mika hinted that Joe's band may be playing in the Hotel Lounge later tonight. It will be a chance for women to enjoy his music. Joe is a member of the Pensacola Florida Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, jenkait said:

I’d be very happy with another hour of Dateline (others may not, I just happen to love Dateline). I don’t need to see the triple repeat of MJ clips. I’m surprised they aren’t mashing up other shows like NW (maybe we shouldn’t give them anyideas?)  

💯 I was thinking the same and wondering when will they start showing reruns of America Greed and Shark Tank. Be a helluva lot better than more and more mundane hours of MJ

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This whole “50 Over 50” seems nothing but a huge grift. Does MSNBC pay for their hosts and commentators to attend this thing? Airfare, hotels, meals, and the $10,000 fee?  Is it just me or are they all insufferable? Patting themselves and each other on their expensively clad backs. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

This whole “50 Over 50” seems nothing but a huge grift. Does MSNBC pay for their hosts and commentators to attend this thing? Airfare, hotels, meals, and the $10,000 fee?  Is it just me or are they all insufferable? Patting themselves and each other on their expensively clad backs. 

I think MSNBC would pay for the costs to attend the event. It provides programming for the network that promotes women's careers etc.

I wonder how much Hillary Clinton would charge the network to appear at this event ?

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

that promotes women's careers etc.

Ha, ha. I guess I'm not seeing this. What careers these days require a trip to Abu Dhabi and a $10,000 fee to either work effectively or get ahead? This is all an ad for Forbes...which, surprisingly, only pops up on the show for these silly events. You'd think if anyone was serious about Forbes actually helping women, they'd have regular panels with Forbes "experts". I scrolled by once to see a bored audience of youngish women scrolling their phones. Were they locals? Did they get discounts? I never had the money or time to even think about a vanity job seminar at their age!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

https://www.forbes.com/connect/event/2023-forbes-3050-summit-abu-dhabi/

Today's schedule.

Arguably two breakout sessions are particularly weighted for women vs men in business.  Presumably useful content and great stories, but how is the content "female" vs "business?"  And how do successful young professional women who can afford airfare and $10,000 to register to stay at a 5 star Abu Dhabi resort for a week benefit from this?  Connections? 
The answers to ALL the issues posed by the seminar are:  
1.  Be courageous
2.  Find funding.  Loan, philanthropist, VC
(the content is mostly geared to being an entrepreneur not getting promoted within a company)
That'll be $10,000, folks.  Now go enjoy the infinity pool and be sure to hashtag on instagram.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I think MSNBC would pay for the costs to attend the event. It provides programming for the network that promotes women's careers etc.

I wonder how much Hillary Clinton would charge the network to appear at this event ?

I understand Mika’s presence and hosting. Couldn’t Joe let her have this? And I understand the network funding this trip. What I don’t understand is whether or not other Friends of Show like Elise Jordan would also get her trip (if she attends) comped. And how many other MSNBC personalities are attending. Hillary Clinton never entered my mind.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I understand Mika’s presence and hosting. Couldn’t Joe let her have this? And I understand the network funding this trip. What I don’t understand is whether or not other Friends of Show like Elise Jordan would also get her trip (if she attends) comped. And how many other MSNBC personalities are attending. Hillary Clinton never entered my mind.

ITA are they a package deal? So not know your value that Mika can't go do her pet project on her own without schlepping Joe along.

Besides I don't see what this whole dog and pony show has to with  Morning Joe 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

So not know your value that Mika can't go do her pet project on her own without schlepping Joe along.

Joe's her crutch for everything. Remember when she was shilling her book(s) and Joe showed up with her? Not Knowing Your Value Mika...she just doesn't have what it takes to be a strong independent woman. She doesn't even play one on tv. It has nothing to do with Morning Joe but since Mika's show on Peacock apparently never materialized, it's a handy outlet to waste time and money on. What a joke. And I agree with everyone on the location! UAE isn't exactly on the radar for regular conventioneers...a few days in Nashville or Vegas or San Antonio maybe, but Abu Dhabi? All that way and all that money for Mika?? Puleeze.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
39 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

It has nothing to do with Morning Joe but since Mika's show on Peacock apparently never materialized, it's a handy outlet to waste time and money on. What a joke. And I agree with everyone on the location! UAE isn't exactly on the radar for regular conventioneers...a few days in Nashville or Vegas or San Antonio maybe, but Abu Dhabi? All that way and all that money for Mika?? Puleeze.

Exactly.  If Mika knew her value and really believed that this... whatever it is she's doing... had meaning and purpose, she could absolutely use Peacock to produce a whole channel of content.  
Interviews with women knowing their value
Excerpts from this conference
The behind the scenes making of this conference
News updates on women's issues in the business community.
Business issues that affect career minded women in particular
Health
History
Stock prices on women owned businesses
Sports updates, Music updates
Political topics that impact women, ie... status of abortion legislation
and the total slam dunk, fashion

It could be its own freaking app and have meet ups or regularly scheduled seminars in various cities.  

She could sell the hell out of sponsorship slots.  Niche, small audience, but Mika has pull and could get it going.  Forbes and MSNBC could provide the personnel and materials to get it up and running.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Gloria Steinham said that the USA would have been in a better place if Hillary had been elected President in 2016. Hillary said that is a conversation for another day.

First Lady Olena was wearing a scarf like Mika used to wear !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

Watching today & yesterday's shows...

They keep saying "many call Abu Dhabi the crossroads of the world", I've never heard anyone call it that before unless they mean the airport which is where you waste away while waiting for a connecting flight to Southeast Asia or Australia.

OK, to be serious for a moment, I was thinking while watching, there are so many ways to acknowledge and incorporate the criticisms re the location (which are valid!) rather than waffling over them the way they are doing.

I mean if this thing becomes an established conference they may even have leverage to put the pressure on for some change. Say things like "recent laws were passed in the UAE to better protect women, but we are worried about the lack of implementation", or "we find there is a lot of open-mindedness amongst the people here but we are worried that journalists, including female journalists, are often not allowed to speak their minds"

And also "it’s important for women to be paid what they’re worth, it’s also important for migrant workers to be, uhhh, not indentured" 🥴

I mean...what's the worst that could happen? They get banned from doing further conferences there? no, bc that would b a PR disaster for the UAE! So they might actually have some leverage there, to put some positive pressure on for change.

Btw, I just saw this exchange on twitter from one of the knowing your value project leaders Lauren Leader, and this is a terrible, terrible, not very good way to deal with criticism.

I get it, the twitterati are insufferable, for sure including that batman one, but no no no.

Dude it obviously *is* elitist. It's forbes! That doesn’t mean there isn't great value to leading women in the business world etc meeting and networking etc.

But international women's day was literally a day celebrating a movement of working women. Many fighting to unionize etc. they have a website that tells you the history https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Activity/15586/The-history-of-IWD

obviously saying it's "the greatest event on International Women’s Day" when there is a huge financial barrier and includes mostly uh, employers rather than employees shall we say, is kind of co-opting something in which working class women have always paid a huge part.

But instead of glossing over that they coulda acknowledged it and uhh enlarged the tent and invited for free or given scholarships to union leaders, community leaders, exceptional nurses, teachers or whatever, from all over the world, and have it be a mix of all kinds of women who could all learn from each other.

Anyway, as I think I did say before, I am excited about a lot of the cultural developments in Abu Dhabi. There’s a shitton of money floating around and they’re actually investing in museums and cultural institutions in a serious way which is always positive in my book. As long as the laborers involved are given basic human rights, idk, I think I wrote a long post about this at some point last year so I won't rehash.

For sure there’s a lot of potential with this forbes project too but they’ve gotta not be to scared to really get into things, and maybe make it more economically inclusive. And again use their leverage for actual change rather than waffling about it!!

Now for the positive parts!!

It's always so nice to see Hillary, it's like a glimpse into that other Alternate Timeline. BTW this panel had some odd camera angles. They put poor Mika on the side in front of a very dark backdrop so she disappeared!

I am so excited for Symone's panels which I understood will be aired on her show. Tbh I'm more interested in the specific stuff she was talking about, with women from other countries etc, rather than the US-heavy "iconic" panel which was mostly general stuff.

I wish they would report more about the unusual and surprising women who are there and what they are saying.

But loved loved loved Mrs Zelenska!

That's one thing I noticed when they brought on Symone, and Lauren Leader, etc is that when asked about the conference they all cited specific examples of who they had spoken to and about what, etc, but Mika just kept saying general things about iconic and long runways. I was like, ok Mika but tell us about the conference, who did you see, what did *they* tell *you*, what surprised you, what did you learn? i don't mean that in a snarky way, i genuinely would like to hear about it in more specific terms.

Also I’m still a little skeptical about this long runway thingy when the future is so damn radically different from theirs. Probably half the 50 over 50 list their jobs in 20 years will be done by chat GPT. I kid, but also I don’t.

what I really really really would like is some sage advice on how to handle the various shitshows we are all gone face in the future on an environmental, political, technological level 🥴

But in general I'm not as cynical as you guys I guess in that I genuinely think this is a great initiative, I mean it looks amazing. The lists they did aren't terrible, they're actually thoughtful and diverse and interesting.

Also so impressed by how Joe and Mika were on a balcony in windy conditions and not a single hair on Joe's head moved.

Barnicle looks cute.

Happy international women's day!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Exactly.  If Mika knew her value and really believed that this... whatever it is she's doing... had meaning and purpose, she could absolutely use Peacock to produce a whole channel of content.  

Your entire post is spot on. I thought this is what the general plan was originally back a year or 2 ago but it never happened; now you've fleshed the whole thing out for her. Don't be surprised if you get a call from her people!

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, neona2 said:

but Mika just kept saying general things about iconic and long runways. I was like, ok Mika but tell us about the conference, who did you see, what did *they* tell *you*, what surprised you, what did you learn? i don't mean that in a snarky way, i genuinely would like to hear about it in more specific terms.

Because Mika is a superficial poser. She rarely adds any depth to conversations. Just an emcee. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Because Mika is a superficial poser. She rarely adds any depth to conversations. Just an emcee. 

Let's not forget how Mika achieved her star status. It's contrary to her Know Your Value schtick. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

idk, I don't really think that's true.

in most cases I think it happens bc she's misjudging the audience in that we already know about the generalities and doesn't realize it's okay to move on quickly to interesting in-depth stuff. the msnbc audience doesn't really need a great deal of exposition tbh 😂 i mean, just get in there!!! aaaaah.

same with the funny stuff, it's a huge part of why the show's enjoyable but when Mika is stressed she moves everyone on too fast to reading of news we already know bc she misjudges our level of understanding (and a.m. exhaustion!! and need for humor!!)

on the flip side of this, when she's genuinely in her element she lets go and flows with it all and actually says spontaneous and interesting things. 

honestly i think it's just a matter of sometimes misjudging a bit where the audience is. mostly it's when they are remote so they can't feel the room so to speak. ymmv

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Kemper said:

Kemper, I’m even more cynical than you! I actually found myself impressed that Joe stayed outside on the balcony. I was like “glad he wasn’t up on stage with her, that would be so embarrassing” but I wouldn’t have been surprised.

Also, msnbc seems like a regular employer in that they are…cheap (reactively speaking)? Like all the reruns and stuff.  Kasey…).  So I really do wonder if they paid for the friends of the show or if they just made them pay for themselves! I would not be surprised it if was the latter!

• Like 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Someone posted here once something like how Mika’s parents (surely well-meaning) did her a real disservice by setting up an expectation she have an “important” career.  That really hit the nail in the head. Maybe she could’ve been a perfectly good teacher or nurse or accountant, and minus the self-esteem issues. If I had been pushed to have a high-powered career I totally would’ve crashed and burned myself (not that Minka has crashed and burned).  It really wasn’t fair to her. Most of us aren’t exceptionally talented *and that’s OK*.

Missed most of the show today due to west coast/sleep requirements. But I’m so glad we have KYV summits in 1953!! Shoot it’s 2023, right. Nvm.  

Edited by jenkait
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Did I mentioned my cat’s name is Minka? This is why my posts are littered with this mistake. I make the mistake and I think my phone auto-corrects to Minka at this point!

Edited by jenkait
  • LOL 5

Nice to see Mika and Joe are continuing to enjoy their vacay in Abu Dhabi today.

I laughed at cynical Joe praising Hilary. Does someone have the thousands of hours of video clips of Joe attacking her over the years that must exist?

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, jenkait said:

Did I mentioned my cat’s name is Minka? This is why my posts are littered with this mistake. I make the mistake and I think my phone auto-corrects to Minka at this point!

Mentioning “cat” and then “littered” in the next sentence! Well played. 🤗

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, jenkait said:

Kemper, I’m even more cynical than you! I actually found myself impressed that Joe stayed outside on the balcony. I was like “glad he wasn’t up on stage with her, that would be so embarrassing” but I wouldn’t have been surprised.

They did show a clip today of Joe clapping in the audience today.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Nice to see Mika and Joe are continuing to enjoy their vacay in Abu Dhabi today.

I laughed at cynical Joe praising Hilary. Does someone have the thousands of hours of video clips of Joe attacking her over the years that must exist?

I am surprised that Hillary didn't mention Mika & Joe's over the top criticism of her campaign in 2016.Joe was also mad at Huma Abedin who was there yesterday over her ex husband's Weiner's laptop with classified info.

• Like 5

Okay, I'm watching Mika interview 2 CEO women this morning who are on the list.  They are wearing tailored and elegant outfits.  The camera then pans to a full shot of Mika wearing  what looked like a denim top with rolled up sleeves, leggings and sneakers to interview these women.  Really, Mika?  You didn't just roll out of bed in the Bunker in Florida for God's sake.  This 50 Over 50 thing is you're shtick.  At least make an effort to dress appropriately and not look like you're about to go jogging!  Even Joe was wearing a suit and tie.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, oakville said:

Gloria Steinham said that the USA would have been in a better place if Hillary had been elected President in 2016. Hillary said that is a conversation for another day.

First Lady Olena was wearing a scarf like Mika used to wear !

No shit Sherlock. But seriously. Gloria Steinem is very smart and influential. She should not go down that rabbit hole

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 4

i'm watching today's show and Joe just called Olena Zelenska "Mrs Zelenskyy" after literally having *met* her...

...aaaand literally being married to an eastern european woman. 😂

If Mika had been born in Poland her actual name would be Brzezińska. How does Joe not know this??

i don't get all the drama re Mika's shirt. there's literally a beach in the background, for me this seemed totally appropriate for the setting. unusually in this case, it was Joe who seemed a bit overdressed

in general I'm just eternally grateful he didnt show up in a kandura 🥴

• Like 3
11 hours ago, neona2 said:

i'm watching today's show and Joe just called Olena Zelenska "Mrs Zelenskyy" after literally having *met* her...

...aaaand literally being married to an eastern european woman. 😂

If Mika had been born in Poland her actual name would be Brzezińska. How does Joe not know this??

i don't get all the drama re Mika's shirt. there's literally a beach in the background, for me this seemed totally appropriate for the setting. unusually in this case, it was Joe who seemed a bit overdressed

in general I'm just eternally grateful he didnt show up in a kandura 🥴

I agree. I don't think Mika was inappropriately dressed but it brings it all back to why was Morning Joe broadcast from a beach resort in Abu Dhabi. It was there so Mika could highlight her baby which probably has zero interest for most people that watch MJ

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

*chef's kiss*

image.png.e293846eafec27381076159290a7e14e.png

look how much more natural it looks with half the human population also represented!

loved this exchange

Katty: Where do you rank this in level of severity?

Barb: (without missing a beat) Four. 

how is it humanly possible to be this good at your job, i love her

• Like 1
  • Love 1