Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Presumably, Willie, Barnicle, Mika, and Joe are experts on policy (at the most), and experts on current events (at the least).  They are never on other shows on MSNBC as expert voices providing context or predictions or gravitas.  If I were to guess, Mika thinks that doing other shows is beneath her, but wants to be offered so she can say no.  Joe never gets asked because even if he could predict the future accurately, or break news, it's not worth having him on.  Willie is legitimately busy, and not truly a wonk.  Barnicle is an idiot.

(I lie, Barnicle actually was on another show recently and he was so terrible it really stood out, but on the other hand it's the exception that proves the rule)

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

(I lie, Barnicle actually was on another show recently and he was so terrible it really stood out, but on the other hand it's the exception that proves the rule)

Cheers, right?   Sitting next to Norm?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Cheers, right?   Sitting next to Norm?

It was Nicole's show, I think.  It felt like he had been asleep on a sofa outside of the studio and they were a person short, so they asked him to come in.  He was the worst panelist I've ever seen in any punditry show. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, stormy said:

I can't stand Emily Jane Fox. She's been on MSNBC since the Michael Cohen story started.

Emily Jane Fox just recently became an MSNBC contributor. She has written several puff piece articles about Mika/Joe, including their engagement announcement article, so I wonder if they played a part in brining her in to MSNBC. I don't have a problem with her, but she doesn't seem to have a good personality for TV.

Edited by cased
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Presumably, Willie, Barnicle, Mika, and Joe are experts on policy (at the most), and experts on current events (at the least).  They are never on other shows on MSNBC as expert voices providing context or predictions or gravitas.  If I were to guess, Mika thinks that doing other shows is beneath her, but wants to be offered so she can say no.  Joe never gets asked because even if he could predict the future accurately, or break news, it's not worth having him on.  Willie is legitimately busy, and not truly a wonk.  Barnicle is an idiot.

Joe was offered a temporary spot on Meet The Press a few years ago with Chuck Todd. It was a disaster. Joe kept interrupting Chuck Todd & the other panelists. Chuck lost control.

Joe has not been back since IIRC

15 minutes ago, stormy said:

I think it was Landsnark that posted about Paul Ryan's retirement. Oh boy, tomorrow's show should be good.

Joe will call him a policy wonk. Joe will say that Trump is doomed!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

They go through the trouble of calling Richard Haas back to the set to talk about tRumps's latest Syria tweet, get him all mic'd up, etc, only to have JoeBlow give a 20 minute diatriabe while Haas just stands there, then when Joey runs out of breath, Mika turns to Haas and says, 'Ok, you're dismissed.' She seriously said that.  I wish Groupie Mika and Rock "star" Joe would just go on permanent tour.

I thought that was the weirdest moment. So you're telling me that at the last minute they came up with an emergency question that no one . no one I say, but Richard Haas could answer, no disrespect meant. Out of the 7 or 8 other guests , some who have already had their allotted 1 or 2 mins used up , none of them had anything to add to the conversation. It was hilarious watching them mic him up . knowing the other panelists were probably thinking "get this guy out of here" or " Am I going to have to give up my seat" 

• Love 5

Ok. I just sought out the Albright clip. What the hell happened at the end.

Backstory was Joe saying Mika always forgets his birthday and can't even remember the season his birthday is in. 

Albright explains she used to call Mika every day before her father's birthday. And now that her father has died she calls on the eve of Joe's birthday.

Like. Why is Madame Secretary further encouraging the obvious Daddy Issues here? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It’s funny that I used to watch the show for content. Now it’s just to make fun of their antics.

I wonder if their wedding will be televised. ?

nm

Edited by Ladyrain

Does Kasie or anyone else know Mika's pig is named KC? 

Did we know that?  

That is some passive aggressive shit. 

Not only am I going to humiliate you with the lightning bolt, treat you like you're 10 years old, but I'm naming my pig after you. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Does Kasie or anyone else know Mika's pig is named KC? 

Did we know that?  

That is some passive aggressive shit. 

Not only am I going to humiliate you with the lightning bolt, treat you like you're 10 years old, but I'm naming my pig after you. 

Really, I think it’s even weirder when you find out it’s actually named Kellyanne. She’s slipped and called it that on some Facebook or IG live. So her pig is named Kellyanne Conway. Mika needs to start making better life decisions. Lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe will call him a policy wonk.

Joe can call him a policy wonk but those that actually have real knowledge are howling about that right now.  Sorry Joe no, just no.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Really, I think it’s even weirder when you find out it’s actually named Kellyanne.

Wait what?  The pig is named Kellyanne?  To be honest that makes more sense as those poor bunnies are named Donald and Melania so KAC fits right in.  Geez this whole thing is just weird.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Wait what?  The pig is named Kellyanne?  To be honest that makes more sense as those poor bunnies are named Donald and Melania so KAC fits right in.  Geez this whole thing is just weird.  

Yeah. Super weird. Her Lives are a portal into the crazy in her mind lol. It's entertaining if you can handle that sort of thing, I get how she's not everyone's cuppa tea. The poor rabbits had a weird story too. The black one was originally Mika's daughters' and had a normal bunny name, but then Joe's kids changed the names and now there's the weird ass political theme.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Yeah. Super weird. Her Lives are a portal into the crazy in her mind lol. It's entertaining if you can handle that sort of thing, I get how she's not everyone's cuppa tea. The poor rabbits had a weird story too. The black one was originally Mika's daughters' and had a normal bunny name, but then Joe's kids changed the names and now there's the weird ass political theme.

Sigh . . . we are all pawns on Mika's bizarre chessboard . . . oh wait no, click.

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Right. And somewhere mixed in to the story is that Mika had given one of them to Joe as a birthday present, but he didn't want it so he gave it back to Mika.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Prawns? Chest boards? What the what? I’m unfamiliar. 

I sometimes think these two may be playing what could be considered more than 3D chess and that their bizarre antics are just future chess moves we don't see to gin up their ratings but clearly that isn't happening. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe matched up his suit and tie in the dark this morning.

Daf_wyzVQAAolJz.jpg:large

Holy shit, Joe is one of the talking heads on All In With Chris Hayes this evening. As is Kasie ! (sans lightning bolt). Looks like the same jacket but with pale pink shirt and purple tie. Seven minutes in, Chris has twice thanked Joe for staying up past his bedtime.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

Holy shit, Joe is one of the talking heads on All In With Chris Hayes this evening. As is Kasie ! (sans lightning bolt). Looks like the same jacket but with pale pink shirt and purple tie. Seven minutes in, Chris has twice thanked Joe for staying up past his bedtime.

Lol jinx! The tie has a different pattern, it looked slightly better. Who knew Joe owned a pink dress shirt. He played his regular hits. Did you know he was in Congress? 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, suomi said:

Scarborough After Dark!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I guess tomorrow morning will be another bunker show since he's in it so late tonight. All the mystery is gone.

Yep but God bless 'em I'll be tuning in!   Oh goodness MSNBC is getting messy.  We see you!

• Love 1

So kind of random story...a girl I met on another forum told me that Joey DM’d her last summer at 12:45am on a Friday night. I guess he’d also liked a bunch of her pictures on IG too. And then loved some more pictures on Facebook. She’s pretty cute and blonde and a doctor or something. I think he DM’d her a couple of times in January too. When I checked the date it was one of the many days Joey was in the bunker. What the fuck is up with that? Do you think Meeks knows what he’s up to? It seems kind of fucked up to me. She sent me a screenshot of some of the posts and it was weird. Maybe something is going on...

• Love 3

Do you think Paul Ryan's medical insurance covers all the psychoanalysis he's getting this morning?   Enough, show!   Stop portraying him as mysterious or disillusioned or whatever.   He maliciously sought to deprive millions of Americans of their health care and enriching the 1% with an unprecedented and ill-advised tax cut in the same year, while at the same time remained silent in the face of an autocratic President.   There's a reason why many of the articles and editorials in today's and yesterday's major news outlets bear headlines like "Ryan abandons sinking ship" and "Ryan will retire as the biggest fake in American politics."

Scarborough needs to stop looking at modern events through the prism of his salad days in Congress.

Poor Kasey closed her eyes in anticipation of the damn lightning bolt.   If I were a new viewer tuning in for the first time, I would wonder what the hell is going on that one of the women journalists is introduced with a lightning bolt graphic and sound effect.

Heidi's hair looks harsh and stiff.   Almost as bad as Brooke Baldwin's on CNN. 

Look, they're broadcasting live from Arkham Asylum!   Oh wait, it's just clips from the Hannity show.  

• Love 8

I was happy to hear Joe give Chris a compliment this morning. I was surprised to see him on Chris' show.

I'm definitely sick of Donny after yesterday's performance on MJ then on Nicolle Wallace's show. 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Caseygrrl said:

So kind of random story...a girl I met on another forum told me that Joey DM’d her last summer at 12:45am on a Friday night. I guess he’d also liked a bunch of her pictures on IG too. And then loved some more pictures on Facebook. She’s pretty cute and blonde and a doctor or something. I think he DM’d her a couple of times in January too. When I checked the date it was one of the many days Joey was in the bunker. What the fuck is up with that? Do you think Meeks knows what he’s up to? It seems kind of fucked up to me. She sent me a screenshot of some of the posts and it was weird. Maybe something is going on...

This is very interesting.

17 minutes ago, stormy said:

I was happy to hear Joe give Chris a compliment this morning. I was surprised to see him on Chris' show.

I'm definitely sick of Donny after yesterday's preformance on MJ then with Nicolle Wallace's show. 

What did Donny say or do?

22 minutes ago, millennium said:

Do you think Paul Ryan's medical insurance covers all the psychoanalysis he's getting this morning?   Enough, show!   Stop portraying him as mysterious or disillusioned or whatever.   He maliciously sought to deprive millions of Americans of their health care and enriching the 1% with an unprecedented and ill-advised tax cut in the same year, while at the same time remained silent in the face of an autocratic President.   There's a reason why many of the articles and editorials in today's and yesterday's major news outlets bear headlines like "Ryan abandons sinking ship" and "Ryan will retire as the biggest fake in American politics."

Scarborough needs to stop looking at modern events through the prism of his salad days in Congress.

Poor Kasey closed her eyes in anticipation of the damn lightning bolt.   If I were a new viewer tuning in for the first time, I would wonder what the hell is going on that one of the women journalists is introduced with a lightning bolt graphic and sound effect.

Look, they're broadcasting live from Arkham Asylum!   Oh wait, it's just clips from the Hannity show.  

No recap from me today. MSNBC & other channels are not working on the main TV or the other TV's in the house. I watched a bit of CNN.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Caseygrrl said:

Yikes!  I mean I am not at all surprised to hear he's catting around but I guess he knows more about the internet than I originally thought. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Yikes!  I mean I am not at all surprised to hear he's catting around but I guess he knows more about the internet than I originally thought. 

Imagine that!   A family values Republican engaging in secret sexcapades.   Unheard of!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, millennium said:

^^^^^ THIS!  Especially all the crap about Ryan but I really loved the line about Joe.  Spot on.

Donny got called out yesterday morning by Joe for saying pus. Yeah pretty ugly picture at 6 am.

On Nicolle's show he was so proud that he'd been schmoozing with Michael Cohen for lunch.  Very gossipy and that's something I've never liked about Donny.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

^^^^^ THIS!  Especially all the crap about Ryan 

Did you notice every single one of them felt compelled to say, and even repeat, "I believe that he wants to spend time with his family ..." before saying what they really thought?   It was weird, like they were afraid of being criticized on Twitter for appearing dubious of his stated reason for leaving.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, millennium said:

Did you notice every single one of them felt compelled to say, and even repeat, "I believe that he wants to spend time with his family ..." before saying what they really thought?   It was weird, like they were afraid of being criticized on Twitter for appearing dubious of his stated reason for leaving.  

To be honest I've watched maybe a total of three minutes of the show so far but am catching it on the re-run.  Wow, those two have zero energy between them.

eta:  Wow all that hand wringing over poor Paul Ryan.  He wants to be president and is getting out before any more of this stink gets on him.  He wasn't worried about spending time with his children (who were even younger) when he ran for VP.

I am glad to see them highlighting the lunacy of Hannity especially last night.  More people outside the FN viewers need to see what's going on the same as airing those awful NRA ads.

Gingrich lying about the FBI taking the doors off the hinges . . . dude, that is a BAD analogy for you of all people to be flinging around speaking of unhinged.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

To be honest I've watched maybe a total of three minutes of the show so far but am catching it on the re-run.  Wow, those two have zero energy between them.

Well, the relationship has lost that "forbidden" frisson it had during the "are they or aren't they" phase, the question's popped, the multiple engagement parties are over ... what's left?   the grim reality of life together?  :::shudder:::    Scarborough looks like he's aged five years in two weeks.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, millennium said:

Well, the relationship has lost that "forbidden" frisson it had during the "are they or aren't they" phase, the question's popped, the multiple engagement parties are over ... what's left?   the grim reality of life together?  :::shudder:::    Scarborough looks like he's aged five years in two weeks.

Wow, he is looking rough . . . I just watched that Brady Bunch shot of Joe rambling on about Gingrich . . . the panel's expressions looked like an SNL skit.  And I see he's back to trying to pick a fight with Hannity . . . deflect much Joe?

• Love 2

Wow, what is going on?  Never thought I would say this, but Meek-a isn't doing badly on her own.  At least she let's people talk and isn't doing her usual schtick of face scrunchies.  Where is Joe? Why can't he be bothered to show up; is he sick?  He doesn't look well, but then again.  Why can't he just take some time off rather than parachute in to pontificate?

Am I awful for hoping (kind of) that something is going on between the two?  And yes, maybe the excitement has waned since they can be out and about together.  Today Meek-a handled the Walter Isaacson interview very well...let him talk and all.  I wish he was on more.  It is like the air has been let out of the show...it seems to be floundering.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Donny got called out yesterday morning by Joe for saying pus. Yeah pretty ugly picture at 6 am.

On Nicolle's show he was so proud that he'd been schmoozing with Michael Cohen for lunch.  Very gossipy and that's something I've never liked about Donny.

Donny is kinda creepy. Joe used to make fun of him for dating his daughters babysitter.

20 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Wow, he is looking rough . . . I just watched that Brady Bunch shot of Joe rambling on about Gingrich . . . the panel's expressions looked like an SNL skit.  And I see he's back to trying to pick a fight with Hannity . . . deflect much Joe?

I do think Joe is ill. Perhaps his mom or one of his kids is sick?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, millennium said:

Ha! I do think it’s possible that Joe is bored or annoyed at having to live with Mika on a regular basis.

Mika ‘s obsession with having farm animals in the house must be difficult for Joe.

51 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

eta:  Wow all that hand wringing over poor Paul Ryan.  He wants to be president and is getting out before any more of this stink gets on him.  He wasn't worried about spending time with his children (who were even younger) when he ran for VP.

I am glad to see them highlighting the lunacy of Hannity especially last night.  More people outside the FN viewers need to see what's going on the same as airing those awful NRA ads.

Gingrich lying about the FBI taking the doors off the hinges . . . dude, that is a BAD analogy for you of all people to be flinging around speaking of unhinged.

Paul Ryan will probably get a cushy job in the private sector after he leaves office

• Love 2

Wow, I really enjoyed that last segment on Syria.  Learned a lot, Mika did a good job and as Kemper noted didn't distract from the conversation.

3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ha! I do think it’s possible that Joe is bored or annoyed at having to live with Mika on a regular basis.

Mika ‘s obsession with having farm animals in the house must be difficult for Joe.

This is an insult to the farm animals as I think most folks would prefer them over him . . . :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Caseygrrl said:

Holy shit.  Did she say how he knew her? Was it thru Twitter? 

Is it me or does Joe look different. I swear he had work done around his eyes or something.  He looks off. And he looks pissed off every morning.   I did notice Mika cut him off this morning at one point, I think it was during the 6:00 block rerunning at 8:00. 

13 minutes ago, oakville said:

That's what I didn't catch, but I heard Joe yell at him for offending the 6 year olds over their corn flakes. Like any kid is paying attention to Morning Joe. 

Puss? That's it? I figured it was something way worse.  Didn't Joe say fuck once on air?  I thought he got in trouble for something like that. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Holy shit.  Did she say how he knew her? Was it thru Twitter? 

Is it me or does Joe look different. I swear he had work done around his eyes or something.  He looks off. And he looks pissed off every morning.   I did notice Mika cut him off this morning at one point, I think it was during the 6:00 block rerunning at 8:00. 

That's what I didn't catch, but I heard Joe yell at him for offending the 6 year olds over their corn flakes. Like any kid is paying attention to Morning Joe. 

Puss? That's it? I figured it was something way worse.  Didn't Joe say fuck once on air?  I thought he got in trouble for something like that. 

Joe doesn’t wear his glasses very much anymore.

35 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Wow, what is going on?  Never thought I would say this, but Meek-a isn't doing badly on her own.  At least she let's people talk and isn't doing her usual schtick of face scrunchies.  Where is Joe? Why can't he be bothered to show up; is he sick?  He doesn't look well, but then again.  Why can't he just take some time off rather than parachute in to pontificate?

Am I awful for hoping (kind of) that something is going on between the two?  And yes, maybe the excitement has waned since they can be out and about together.  Today Meek-a handled the Walter Isaacson interview very well...let him talk and all.  I wish he was on more.  It is like the air has been let out of the show...it seems to be floundering.  

I’ve thought something was going on between them ever since Joe posted all the pics of her as a kid and Mika posted about missing being able to talk to her dad about problems and love. And then when they had another engagement party and neither posted a pic or mentioned it, in my head that  huge issues fanfic became canon. ?‍♀️? Mika’s posted warmer Instagram messages about her chickens than she did Joe’s birthday. 

• Love 5