Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Unchained

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

It wasn't enough that Oliver, Roy, Malcom, and Laurel were looking after Thea? Who else was left? Felicity (who did ask Oliver how Thea was doing after her presentation) was just a little bit busy tracking down The Calculator and dealing with Palmer Tech. Diggle has his own family to take care of, and he really isn't as close to Thea as the people that were watching over her anyway. Poor clueless Alex probably didn't even know she was sick.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

"The others" loathe Thea, in fact, Dig and Felicity are gonna be super duper bummed when Thea doesn't die from the bloodlust, because then, curses, they won't have Oliver AAAALL TO THEMSELVES MWAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, that's their plan. Thea dies, they look at the camera and say, "we won!".

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 15

Riiiight... I forgot that Felicity is a sociopath that told Oliver to let Thea die because she was a selfish bitch and didn't want him to turn himself over to the LoA last season! Same old self-centered Felicity, I bet she didn't even try to get up out of her wheelchair to go to Laurel's apartment and say a few words to Thea. 

• Love 6

Darhk Solution: Nyssa offers Lotus for dead!Malcolm. Oliver offers dead!Malcolm to Darhk. Darhk "heals" Thea. Nyssa and her followers kill Darhk & HIVE. Oliver wins election. Nyssa freezes dead!Malcolm in carbonite for display in Nanda Parbat Galleria Mall.

• Love 2

I like frozen Malcolm on display, but Darhk has showed no interest in either the League or Ra's, 2016 model.

I would really appreciate if LoA was mentioned to Darhk and he was practically ashamed of his association with them, due to how lame they've become. Hey, we all make mistakes in our youth!

• Love 2

I would really appreciate if LoA was mentioned to Darhk and he was practically ashamed of his association with them, due to how lame they've become. 

True. But maybe Darhk is unaware that LoA v.2016 has a network of wormholes...That factoid might get him to deal with Oliver... 

From MG's tumblr...

officialhipstergirlwithglasses asked:
Is the woman who helps Nyssa escape from her cage at the beginning of Arrow 4x12 Mesi Natifah from the "Arrow 2.5" comics?

Yes!  Thank you for noticing!

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/138823317359/is-the-woman-who-helps-nyssa-escape-from-her-cage#notes

archducky asked:
Were the mercs that the Calculator hired wearing the same masks as the mirakuru soliders from Season 2?

Nope.  Different masks.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/138823154549/were-the-mercs-that-the-calculator-hired-wearing#notes

Edited by tv echo

Hello Team Arrow

It's good to see that things are calmer in this thread today.  In general, the last few episodes thread have been tipping over into repetitive arguing.  

Let's say I am absolutely, passionately certain that Oliver should ditch Felicity and embrace the sweet, sweet love he has in his heart for Diggle.  It's absolutely cool if I want to post about that a few times.  Another poster named Olinard4EVA might just as passionately argue that Oliver and Captain Cold are the OTP.  

However, after a couple of posts back and forth on this topic, it's time to let it go:

• The Olinard people are not going to suddently see things my way, no matter how many well reasoned arguments I provide.
  • Similarly, I am never going to embrace the Oliver + Leonard relationship (as it it OBVIOUS that Leonard belongs with Dean Winchester).
  • Everyone is starting to post angry and people who have no strong feelings on the issue are getting turned off by the bad vibes. 

Your Arrow mods do NOT want to be hard-asses.  Please, PLEASE, before you post in any of the Arrow threads, think about whether you are adding to the good-time Arrow party atmosphere or whether you are starting to be the cranky drunk at the party who wants to keep ranting about the Illuminati's grip on global banking long after the rest of the group has started to nervously check their watches.   

• Love 6

So, I think my favorite part of this episode was the single, gigantic pepper sitting conspicuously uncut and uncooked on top of a bed of rice and the fact that the guards didn't find it even a little bit suspicious.  I really hope that, however the Malcolm-vs.-Nyssa thing turns out, the League of Assassins continues to include a handful or two of some of the best fighters in the entire world mixed in with a legion of incompetent toddlers.  

• Love 2

Did Laurel's apartment suddenly get much bigger? It looked as if there was a whole other wing. It was a one bedroom, right? I assumed that Thea was sleeping on the couch (don't know where MM was staying) but then, we saw Thea in a bed. Was that Laurel's bed or did she suddenly have two bedrooms?

Between 411 and this episode, Felicity was mentioned on The Flash 212. Therefore, I'm including that transcription in this post...

The Flash 212 (Fast Lane) – Barry and Caitlin know that Felicity Smoak is the best hacker in the world:
Barry: "Did you get an ID on our metahuman?"
Cisco: "Yeah, I'm running it through five different facial recognition systems right now, so it should take a minute. (CCPD arrest record pops up on computer screen) And there it is. Who's the best hacker in the world, people?"
Barry and Caitlin (simultaneously): "Felicity Smoak."
Cisco: "What is wrong with you two? That's not friendship."

412 (Unchained) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

412 (Unchained) – Felicity loves using the team’s code names:
Felicity (over comms): “Good news is the burglar is headed straight towards you. Bad news is the burglar is headed straight towards you.”
(Cut to chase sequence.)
Diggle: “Freeze!”
(Burglar parkours up the wall.)
Laurel: “Where did he learn to do that?”
Diggle: “I'm thinking Cirque Du Soleil.” 
Laurel: “He's headed for the roof.”
Felicity (over comms): “Thank you, Black Canary. That is your cue, Green Arrow and Speedy.”
Thea: “Is she –“
Oliver: “Overusing our code names? Yep. Indulge her.”
Thea: “We got him, Overwatch.” 
Felicity (over comms): “You have no idea how much I love hearing that.” 
Oliver: “I think we do, actually. Two rooftop doors.” 
Felicity (over comms): “Floor plans show that the staircase splits a level below you. He could come out either door.” 
(Thea fights with burglar.)
Thea: “Got him.” (She faints) 
Oliver: “Speedy!”

412 (Unchained) – Oliver references making trips to Central City:
Felicity: “How's Thea?”
Laurel: “She's okay. She's resting at our place.” 
Oliver: “She said it was just exhaustion.”
Diggle: “We don't believe a word of that, do we?” 
Oliver: “What else could it be?” 
Laurel: “The Pit.”
Oliver: “The bloodlust makes her feral. It doesn't make her lose consciousness.”
Felicity: “And Thea hasn't gone aggro in months.” 
Diggle: “Exactly. Maybe this is some sort of side effect of her white-knuckling her way through it.”
Felicity: “It seems like a bit of a leap.”
Laurel: “Ollie, what are you thinking?” 
Oliver: “That I should have done a better job of keeping an eye on her. She told me the bloodlust came back two months ago and I didn't even know. I've been focused on the campaign, and I've been running back and forth to Central City and -”
Felicity: “How is it that you always manage to blame yourself for everything?” 
Diggle: “That's his super power. Guilt Arrow.” 
Oliver: “Did our thief steal anything else from Ameritek?” 
Felicity: “A network mapper. A piece of tech designed to scan all nearby digital infrastructure for potential vulnerabilities.”
Oliver: “Do we think it's his last score?” 
Laurel: “We better hope that it is. Ameritek's one of the last viable businesses left in Star City.” 
Felicity: “Turns out Palmer Tech is one of those viable businesses. For now, at least.”
Oliver: “What do you mean, ‘for now’?” 
Felicity: “The board, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move the presentation on Curtis' world-changing tech from April to now. And guess who gets to be the face of that potential disaster?”
Oliver: “Oh, well, do you want me to come with you for a little moral support?”
Felicity: “Ahh, no, I'll be fine. It's just a dry run.”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity stumbles through a dry run rehearsal of her Palmer Tech board presentation to Curtis and Mr. Dennis:
Felicity: “Uh, in the past 30 years, battery technology has been at a virtual standstill with batteries lasting no longer than they did in the 1970s. (Adjusts mic) Dammit. Heh. Ahh. Uh, but with Palmer Tech's power cell, it represents a major breakthrough –“(Knocks over table with her wheelchair)
Curtis: “Sorry. Should have gone with overhead projector.”
Dennis: “Mr. Holt. Could you give us the room, please?”
Curtis: “Well, actually, that's gonna be a little difficult, seeing how the entire building's the property of - I'll just - I'll be right outside.” (Silently mouths “Sorry” to Felicity)
Dennis: “Felicity.”
Felicity: “Mm-hmm.”
Dennis: “May I be uncomfortably honest?”
Felicity: “Well, you have never shown an inability to do so before.”
Dennis: “Right. This company has been flirting with bankruptcy since before you returned to Star City. And your injury, well, it didn't exactly help our stock price. We staked the future of Palmer Tech on this power cell. We need to put our best foot forward.”
Felicity: “That is not something that I'm exactly able to do right now.”
Dennis: “Sorry, poor choice of words. What I mean is perhaps it would be better to let someone else do this presentation.”
Felicity: “And by ‘someone else,’ you mean someone not in a wheelchair.”
Dennis: “This is about doing what's best for the company. Anything less than a perfect launch and we are sunk.”
Felicity: “Right. You're right. Please let the board know.”

412 (Unchained) – The team reacts to Roy Harper’s sudden reappearance in Star City:
Felicity: “First Sara, then Ray, then John's brother. Whose shocking return can we look forward to next?”
Diggle: “Oliver, I'm gonna ask this just to ask it. Are you sure that it was –“
Oliver: “It was Roy. Absolutely.” 
Laurel: “Or maybe it was just somebody who's able to make themselves look like Roy. Don't act like it's the craziest possibility after everything that we've experienced.” 
Oliver: “What's crazy is Roy stealing from tech companies. What did he take this time?”
Felicity: “A triode capacitor bomb. Tiny device, really huge boom.”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity figures out Roy’s next target:
Felicity: “Uh, we have a new problem. I was going over the schematics of the two pieces of stolen tech, trying to figure out where Roy was going to hit next.”
Laurel: “Any luck?” 
Felicity: “No. I mean, not at first. A capacitor bomb and a network mapper, that's like a ceiling fan and broccoli.” 
Diggle: “Sounds like a messy combination.”
Felicity: “Combination being the breakthrough. I stopped trying to figure out what the two pieces of tech had in common and started working on what would happen if they were combined somehow - the components, specifically.”
Laurel: “Tell us something good.” 
Felicity: “Depends on your definition of ‘good.’ But I'm pretty sure that Ameritek's network mapper and Cadmus' capacitor could theoretically be used to create a web-nuke.”
Diggle: “Like a bomb?” 
Felicity: “Roy already stole a bomb. No, I'm talking about a device that can destroy the entire Internet. We're talking banking systems, nuclear arsenals, power grids.”
Laurel: “Last year Roy could barely spell ‘computer,’ Even assuming he did build this device –“
Diggle: “Why hasn't he used it?”
Felicity: “Because it's incomplete. A device like this needs a really substantial power source to run off of. And guess what company in Star City just invented a next generation revolutionary battery?”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity has Oliver shoot Roy with a tranqued arrow, and he is brought back to the Arrow Bunker:
Felicity (over comms): “Listen very carefully.”
Oliver: “Are you sure?”
Felicity: “Do it.”
(An unconscious Roy is brought into the Arrow Bunker.)
Oliver: “Take out the tranq, carefully.”
Felicity: “Let's hope the Faraday Cage Cisco installed in here works.” 
Laurel: “What?” 
Felicity: “Basically a shield for everything broadcast and electromagnetic.”
Oliver: “Which eye did you see the tech in?” 
Felicity: “The right one.”
Diggle: “How'd you even know he had it?” 
Felicity: “Roy's eyes are blue. I'm guessing this was transmitting an AV signal, probably to whoever was picking up the tech.” 
Oliver: “Well, he can tell us when he wakes up.” 
Roy (gasping): “Wh - where am I?” 
Oliver: “It's okay. We took out the contact. We made it look like we killed you. You're safe.” 
Roy: “While I'm in here, at least. New lair. Nice. (To Felicity) I heard about what happened. I'm sorry.” 
Diggle: “Roy, what happened to you?” 
Roy: “I got made. I was in Hub City. New name, new life, everything. And then I got an e-mail.”
Laurel: “Saying what?” 
Felicity: “Steal a bunch of stuff?” 
Roy: “Or he'll expose me as Roy Harper. Suddenly the Arrow's not dead anymore and then the police - they'd be looking at you again.” 
Oliver: “Who's the blackmailer?” 
Roy: “I don't know. I've never met him. But he calls himself the Calculator.” 
Felicity (chuckling): “This is what happens when the bad guys name themselves.”
Oliver: “Roy, you should have come to us sooner.” 
Roy: “I couldn't.” 
Felicity: “He's right. There's a camera built into this. This is really incredible tech.”
Roy: “He could see every single move I made, every person I talked to. I couldn't just expose you guys like that.” 
Oliver: “We would have figured something out.”
Roy: “This is my problem.” 
Oliver: “Cause you were solving my problem.” 
Felicity: “Okay, well, our problem is that the Calculator now has everything he needs to melt the Internet. I love the Internet.” 
Diggle: “Which means we have to find him, fast.”
Laurel: “Can you back trace the components, figure out where they're broadcast to?” 
Felicity: “Girl, you read my mind.” 
Oliver: “Pop your jacket off, I'll patch you up.” 
Roy: “Man, I cannot believe you shot me.” 
Oliver: “Really?”

412 (Unchained) – Roy tells Oliver what Felicity and Diggle have told him before:
Oliver: “I'm sorry that I put you in this position.”
Roy: “I'm pretty sure I put myself in this position. I remember you not being all that happy that I faked my death to protect your secret.”
Oliver: “I never should have let you.”
Roy: “Do you ever get tired, you know, of carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders like that all the time?”
Oliver: “You sound like Felicity. And Diggle.”
Roy: “Well, great minds. So what are Felicity and John saying you're taking responsibility for now?”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity impresses the Calculator by breaking his encryption; and she tries to figure out how to thwart his plans:
Oliver: “How's it going?” 
Felicity: “This tiny piece of plastic has more computing power in it than most high-end laptops. I have half a mind to reverse engineer it for Palmer Tech.” 
Oliver: “But first?” 
Felicity: “Yes, I found a tiny flaw in the OS code. I'm pretty sure I can exploit it to open a back door to his main computer system.” 
Oliver: “Right, but wouldn't that risk exposing us?” 
Felicity: “My pride that you understood what I was saying is slightly undercut by your lack of faith in me.”
Oliver: “I've nothing but faith. Just do it.” 
Felicity: “I already did.” 
Calculator (over computer, using disguised voice): “Well, well. Whoever you are, let me just say I am very impressed. No one's ever been able to break through my encryption before. Bravo.” 
Oliver: “Disguise your voice.” 
Felicity (using disguised voice): “Thanks. I would take that as a compliment if it wasn't coming from some nut job who's trying to destroy the Internet.” 
Calculator (over computer): “Why would I want to take down the 'Net? Not only is it where I work, I'm addicted to funny cat videos.” 
Felicity: “Well, if you're not trying to take down the Internet, what do you need a web-nuke for?” 
Calculator (over computer): “Very clever, keeping me talking to buy you time to breach my firewall.” 
Felicity: “So that's a pass on telling me your evil plan?” 
Calculator (over computer): “Let's put it this way, if you want to make a statement, you don't take down a system, you take down a city.” 
Felicity: “Dammit! He shut me out.” 
Oliver: “Not before indicating what his plan might be.” 
Felicity: “How do you take down a ci – oh, no!” 
Oliver: “What?” 
Felicity: “I've been thinking about what would happen if he used the web-nuke to take down the Internet. But if he used it right - overloading the electrical grid, shutting down hospital equipment, causing water main breaks – he - he could kill everyone in the city.” 
Oliver: “So a web-nuke needs to be deployed somewhere. We need to know where the Calculator wants to install it.” 
Felicity: “I am not calling him that on principle, 'cause it is a lame code name.” 
Diggle: “Okay, Felicity, but we still have to check –“
Felicity: “I'm conducting a review of all the nodes, sub-nodes, and network access points where the web-nuke would do the most damage.” 
Oliver: “Any luck?” 
Felicity: “Why do you always ask me that? If I had any luck looking for what I'm looking for, I would be telling you about it instead of looking for it. Sorry. Stressed. In addition to our lunatic of the week, I have Palmer Tech to look after. Palmer Tech. Ray worked up something last year called a battering ram, basically something that could crash through cyber security. No commercial application, but –“
Oliver: “Can you use it to get back into the Calculator's system?” 
Felicity: “Stop calling him that. I'm serious.”

412 (Unchained) – Curtis tells Felicity that the company needs the Felicity who’s a “brilliant force of nature”:
Felicity: “Curtis Holt, have you seen the battering ram? It's this kickass piece of tech that Ray invented last year. Um, cylindrical shape, titanium shell. I'm gearing up for a brute force attack.”
Curtis: “Look out for that –“
Felicity: “And I need all the firepower I can muster.” 
Curtis: “Stool. Uh, never mind. Hey, you've gotten pretty slick on that thing in the last 24 hours. What happened?” 
Felicity: “Yes! I got it. Thanks, Curtis. You're the best.” 
Curtis: “I didn't do anything. You're the one who's whipping around here like a house on fire.” 
Felicity: “Well, that is what happens when the entire city is at stake.”
Curtis: “But now when it's just, say, an entire company. Mr. Dennis says you're no longer presenting the power cell to the board.”
Felicity: “Well, my dry run was an epic disaster.”
Curtis: “Yeah (laughs), I know. It was… it was a spectacular failure. Like, it was really bad.”
Felicity: “Okay.” 
Curtis: “But it wouldn't have been if this Felicity had come in. You know, the one who wheels in here kicking ass and taking names like you just did.” 
Felicity: “This is different.” 
Curtis: “No, it's not. There's two Felicitys, Felicity. The one in that boardroom whose wheelchair makes her doubt herself, and this Felicity – a brilliant force of nature. This company needs the second Felicity.”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity, with the help of Team Arrow, battles the Calculator; and Roy says goodbye again:
Felicity: “This almost feels like cheating, using Ray's tech to beat this guy. Got it. He's installing the web-nuke at Flint Hill Data Farm.”
Diggle: “Installing? 
Felicity: “Yeah, he's doing it right now. Get Oliver.” 
Masked Goon: “Device is onsite.”
Calculator: “Dandy. (Beeping, then worm message appears on his computer screen) Hang on a second.”
Felicity (over computer): “Miss me?”
(Diggle, Laurel and Roy fight the Calculator’s goons.)
Roy: “I have seriously missed this.”
Diggle: “Overwatch, we're on station.”
Felicity (over comms): “I'm trying to find the web-nuke, but our adversary knows I'm in his system and he's trying to kick me out. I did get a look at his protocols, though. And if the web-nuke goes online, he could kill 8,000 people.”
Calculator (over computer): “I'd say that's a conservative estimate. Blowing the gas mains alone would kill 3,000. Just wait till you see what I've got planned for the subway cars.”
Felicity: “Ooh, good story. Write me a letter. From prison.” 
Calculator (over computer): “The battering ram was a neat trick, but the only way you're going to stop me is by removing the web-nuke on site. And I suspect that you don't come out from behind that keyboard much.” 
Felicity: “That's what I have friends for.” 
Diggle: “Okay, so does anyone know how to disconnect this thing?” 
Calculator (over computer): “I brought friends, too. Hired mercenaries. It's amazing who you can find on the dark web.” 
(Oliver makes an entrance by taking out all the masked goons who had surrounded his friends.)
Roy: “Always got to make an entrance, don't you?”
Oliver: “Sorry, there was a meeting that I decided not to go to.”
(Alarm starts blaring.)
Roy: “Look, I know it's been a while for me, but this still isn't a good thing, right?”
Calculator (over computer): “You know, I almost feel bad about beating you. Rarely do I get to meet someone with your talents. (Presses “Execute” but nothing happens) What did you do?”
Felicity: “Boom! I believe the technical term is I ‘pwned’ you.”
Calculator (over computer): “Be that as it may, I can breach your firewall faster than I can remove the DRMs off a Beatles tune.” 
Felicity (over comms): “Guys, the web-nuke is hard wired in. Not to get too inside baseball on you, but I need you to blow the thing up.”
Oliver (over comms): “How much time do we have?” 
Felicity (over comms): “Um, it's a long story, but somewhere between ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’ and ‘Hey, Jude.’" 
Diggle (over comms): “Priming the explosive. Something's not working.”
Felicity (over comms): “He's jamming the detonation frequencies.”
Oliver: “Okay, do this the old-fashioned way and manually set the charge.”
Diggle: “Yeah, but how do we do that and get out of here in one piece?”
Laurel: “Someone has to stay behind.”
Roy: “I'll do it.”
Oliver: “Even if you triggered the C4 with an arrow at a distance, you still need to outrun the blast radius.” 
Roy: “I can do that.” 
Diggle: “Just because you're wearing red doesn't make you the Flash, Roy.” 
Roy: “I didn't say it wasn't gonna be risky.” 
Oliver: “You just got a fresh start. I don't want you to throw it all away.” 
Roy: “I'm the one who brought this maniac into your lives. I need to do this. This is my choice. It's my life.”
Oliver: “Okay.”
Diggle: “See you outside, kid.” 
Laurel: “Good luck.” 
Oliver: “Hey, you run like hell.” 
Roy: “Yeah. You guys might want to get out of here.” 
Oliver: “It's good to have you back, Roy. You've been missed.” 
Roy: “Well, don't get too used to me. I'm gonna have to go underground again. Even deeper now that the Calculator knows who I am.”
Laurel: “What's to keep him from posting it on the Internet?” 
Felicity: “Oh, I might have installed a virus in his system that wiped out everything he had on Roy.” 
Roy: “I'm sorry I can't stay. Not just for you guys, but for Thea.” 
Oliver: “She'll understand.” 
Roy: “She's gonna be okay, Oliver.” 
Oliver: “Well, whatever she decides, I'm gonna back her play.”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity successfully presents the new recyclable battery to the Palmer Tech board:
Felicity: “Welcome. This is a day I have looked forward to for a very long time. Because today I stand (Gestures to herself and audience laughs) on the shoulders of many giants. Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Ray Palmer, and of course, Curtis Holt. Their work has always been about making this world a better place. And today, we get to take another step towards that goal. As you know, battery technology has been at a virtual standstill for decades, with batteries lasting, nor charging any faster than they did in the 1970s. Until now. Today Palmer Tech is pleased to introduce the Power Cell, a 100% recyclable battery. It can charge an electric car for thousands of miles. And right now, it is single-handedly not only powering this entire presentation, but this entire building.”
(Audience applauds. Cut to Oliver sitting next to the Calculator.)
Calculator: “She is something else, isn't she?”
Oliver: “You have no idea.”

412 (Unchained) – Felicity is shocked to see her father:
Oliver: “You were amazing out there.”
Felicity: “Heh. Thanks. How's Thea doing?”
Oliver: “I'm gonna go check on her now.” 
Felicity: “I'm just gonna debrief with Curtis, but text me how she's doing. Okay?”
Oliver: “Okay.” (Kisses her and then gets in elevator)
(Felicity waves at him and he winks at her from inside the elevator as the elevator doors close. Felicity turns around and sees the Calculator standing there.)
Felicity: “Oh, my God. Dad?”

Edited by tv echo