Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Pre-Judge The Season 8 Queens Of RuPaul's Drag Race!

• Start Topic

Totally agree with placing Bob at the top of the rankings, and I have to think she's at least somewhat helped by the fact that she's already in the RPDR inner circle. She played Jackie O in Jinkx Monsoon & Peaches Christ's Return to Grey Gardens show, and she was really funny at Bianca Del Rio's birthday roast.

• Love 2

I agree with Bob at #1 but after that we are pre-judging very differently. Cynthia is so exceedingly fishy that she is #2 on my list for now. Laila seems like Adore Delano but even LESS put-together. Acid Betty and Derrick Berry both seem more interesting to me than some of your higher-ranked queens. But I guess we'll know for sure soon enough...

Thorgy references Gilda Radner's "Let's Talk Dirty to the Animals"? I'm sold! Poor Kim Chi seems most likely to be the one mentioning all the great outfits she still had in her suitcase on her way off the show. The looks on Kim Chi's website are really impressive, but that interview was deathly dull.

• Love 2

I'm predicting Chi Chi DeVayne as first out. Girl seems to have NOTHING to offer.

That's what I thought at first but I think I'm going with Mark and predict Kim Chi as first to sashay.  Kim reminds me of Jiggly Caliente without Jiggly's charming desperation.  I would exchange Derrick Barry and Thorgy Thor in the line up. Derrick's awful cute and it's dangerous to underestimate a Vegas queen.  Thorgy seems insecure and not very interesting to me at least for now.

Kim Chi is a look queen, and the first challenge is all about looks. She's also one of the most highly anticipated contestants - people have been wanting her on for a while now, and with her good friend Trixie doing well last year it appears she finally decided to audition. I don't see her going all the way, but they're definitely keeping her around until she truly, truly bombs something.

Naomi probably won't win since Violet did last year (the ol' Jinkx/Dela logic) and BTDQ seems a tad too predictable. Thorgy seems perfect for 5th. My bold prediction is that Laila McQueen will be the first true dark horse to take this home.

I'm usually the worst when it comes to Ru's queens and first impressions but I could not take my eyes off of Bob, Acid Betty and Derrick Berry. And I always have a soft spot for the PR queens, Cynthia is very pretty, so hopefully she'll make a good showing this season.

• Love 1

Anybody who puts Kim chi in 12th place and laila McQueen in 4th really is a surface drag fan. You don't look up performances or YouTube channels or Instagram pages because henny, Kim Chi is it. And having something against someone for a strong accent and a lisp. Wow !!! You're offensive and uneducated. I've never hated a review of anything this much. So much so, I created a screen name for this website just to comment. I will say you almost won me back with thorgy and Bob, but guuuuuurrrl. Do your homework.

Anybody who puts Kim chi in 12th place and laila McQueen in 4th really is a surface drag fan. You don't look up performances or YouTube channels or Instagram pages because henny, Kim Chi is it. 

It very clearly says "Using nothing but their intro videos," so no, he didn't look up any of those things. That's the premise of this post--the first impressions that Logo is showing us.

Edited by April Bloodgate
  • Love 9

Mark - thank you for this! I'm very much looking forward to your coverage of this show. As a Korean person I was kinda hoping Kim Chi would be awesome. Well, I totally agree with your assessment of her from the intro only. But I think her looks might be interesting so I live in hope. Also, she is BFFs with Trixie and I always thought Trixie was a giant hoot so who knows.

I cannot agree with you on Thorgy, not feeling the love there but that could change once the show starts. But Bob, Dax and Robbie are my pick for final 3. Because I loved them straight away as opposed to any other reason. Robbie's dress was just... so amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I know I'm going to adore Robbie's looks this season.

If Derrick makes it to Snatch Game is she going to do Britney? 'Cause that bitch has already been served.

Runner up: Laila - for #collegedick

But Thorgy Thor had me at Tilda Swinton. Plus "I find hashtags annoying". Gilda Radner shoutout! Dollar wig. "Drag should be fun" - Amen, sister.

• Love 1

I finally found the intro videos on YouTube; I'd tried to play the Logo ones but either only the first two played or all the videos played at once. 

I'm disappointed that Thorgy doesn't have a Norweigian accent, but I liked her. I pretty much like them all, and they all seemed articulate. Pagent queens usually bore me, but even those seemed ok. Laila said out of drag she's like a hairless cat, and I have one of those, so I'm going to root for her. But I also really liked Bob. No one seemed really mean (yet) or really stupid or annoying (yet). And I think they learned from whatever they were trying to do last season. These don't seem like a bunch of social media queens who've never left the house in drag. I hope.

Really looking forward to this show starting again!

The first premiere party happened in NYC last night, so there is now considerable footage of the event floating around on YouTube and Instagram - including the first 20 minutes of the first episode filmed by audience members off the big screen. All I can say is that it will be interesting to see who goes early because this group has very little obvious filler. At least 3/4 of this cast could have wiped the season 7 queens off the sound stage without breaking a sweat. There is personality and charisma (and experience) to spare.

Bob continues to slay live:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCHgjIhknL1/

and wore what may be the wittiest entrance outfit ever in the episode preview.

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 1

Quick change dresses like that have been around for years. Anyone who can afford one can do what Bob did--she didn't even have to hide the quick change aspect like people do when it's done as part of a magic act. Heck, Violet did a quick change just last season in the runway premiere (and Violet designed the quick change aspect of her outfit herself). 

I would be impressed if Bob sewed it herself since quick change dresses don't sound easy to make. But she didn't (she credits the costumer on the Instagram.) Eergh, I feel like this is sounding bitchier than I mean it. I really like Bob, and her quick change looked like a great wow moment. It's just a wow moment that would be out of the costume budget for a lot of performers, and if it weren't, it would probably seem as overdone as death drops and wig removals.