Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This cast of idiots absolutely infuriates me!!!  So, why do I watch???  LMAOOO.  Cause I am a fool for this kind of shit.  What kind of people think we fall for this shit?  It's all BS.  The Twins talking about their "singing career"????  WTH.....They have no career.  They have no voice, they do not write music, they rely on ready lyrics and twerking their asses.  What the hell are they so busy with?  If they actually went on tour...what wold they perform?  Just the ONE song the Street Execs gave them.  If they were serious about their "passion" (eyeroll)--they would be practicing every chance they got.  And they complain they are planning a wedding at the same time as releasing an "LP"?  Who in their right mind would try and do both at the same time???

PLUS...did you see that "STACK" of invites they dropped in the mailbox for their wedding??  How many envelopes were there....???   Ummmmm maybe 10 cards?  These girls are adorable and all that but WTF?  The storyline is just ridiculous.  I see Abira and Bumpman the only two who are serious about honing their craft to try and make things work..

The Cheeks are so annoying.  Emily thinks her shit don't stink.  She just wants to buy everything.  I see previews for next week show her wanting to buy the rights to the song "Why You So Mad Sis?".  She is an entitled brat.  If music is your life--write your own damn songs and collaborate with people to work with.  Get in the studio, etc.  Like someone else said...they think because they wear cute clothes, have weaves, shoes and can bounce on their knees they are performers.  SOOOOOOOO full of themselves.  And why the hell would they have tried to get the "tour" contract when she knew she was preggers?  Emily is a bitch!  Screaming about someone else benefiting from her followers???  I have a sneaky suspicion that Bumpman is well known out there and has a heck of a lot of followers too.  What a bunch of childish milenials screaming about followers as a show of their value.

That brings me to the so called "Managers".....oh please--don't get me started,  I don't know about Juicy but Minnie has no connections or network in the business and she is spouting off and trying to represent the "artists"? (term used loosely).  She has no fucking clue what she is doing.  She started the show as a hairdresser....and even then when she would have someone in the chair---all she ever did was comb through the hair.  Then she was trying to get radio gigs....now she has a podcast and wants to be a Manager.  For one thing, not only does she have to have those acts (Twins etc) sign a contract.....they need to be looked over by lawyers and the Twins would have had to have their "real" agent review them and have a lawyer look at them.  If they have this TV show, they have REAL managers and REAL lawyers.

I sound so bitter but I can't wait for next week's episode.  I love this shit!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I actually applauded when Juicy told Emily that she had the rights to The Cheeks' song.  I laughed and laughed.  Ooooooo weeeee.  That was a good time.  Let's see Emily figure out that her money won't buy her out of this situation.

Juicy and Minnie are terrible managers.  First, Juicy needs to dismiss Emily.  That girl has no sense what so ever.  She can keep Bri, if Bri has any "talent" other than kissing Emily's butt.  Second, those two GROWN ASS WOMEN need to act like professionals when out in public.  If I were St. Execs I would've told them both to kick rocks and never taken a call from either again.  Third, why hasn't Minnie been insisting that the Twinz write some music.   It's been a hot minute since the concert where they performed.  It's not like it's a surprise that, if they are serious about there (ahem...🙄) "passion" for music, they need more than one dumb ass song.  Then they blame Minnie for not telling them to work on their "passion".  Ugh.  

I sure hope St. Execs are enjoying a whole mess of fame from this hot mess of a show.  And to keep dangling the tour in front of these dumbasses is kinda cruel.  They were never in the running for that slot.  Hell, half the acts can't perform past August because they are mega pregg or will actually have custody of their three kids again.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I fast forwarded through all the wedding talk.  Oh, and the podcast crap too.  I just couldn't do it...I'm not strong enough this week. 🤪

Edited by Destiny74
Dangling participles.
  • Love 5
(edited)

I am a sucker for weddings. Can't get enough. Love the dresses, flowers, cakes etc. So, not bored, lol.

A mystery child! Spitting image of Jordan and looks like a little person as well. Was the ring bearer.

Had to laugh when everyone was saying Chris should be encouraged to come despite the breakup because he was close to the bride and groom, too. From what I remember, no one liked him because he was such a deadbeat, especially the bride. (I keep forgetting which is which.)

ETA: Mystery solved, lol. That was Andrea's son André. Didn't recognize him, who knows why not? Duh.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2

Street Execs is not some producers or talent firm recording etc.  Here is the Mission Statement from their website:

SINCE OPENING IN 2015, STREET EXECS STUDIOS HAS QUICKLY BECOME ONE OF THE GO-TO STUDIOS FOR MAJOR AND INDIE ARTISTS ALIKE. THE BRAINCHILD OF THE WIDELY KNOWN MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING FIRM, STREET EXECS, THE STUDIO PROVIDES A PROFESSIONAL CREATIVE ATMOSPHERE WITH ADDED AMENITIES AND ACTIVITIES TO HELP SPUR THE CREATIVE ENERGY OF CLIENTS LOCKING IN FOR EXTENDED RECORDING SESSIONS. SUCH AMENITIES INCLUDE A BASKETBALL COURT, PRIVATE CHEF, AND PRIVATE BARBER.  STREET EXECS STUDIOS SETS THE BAR VERY HIGH WHEN IT COMES TO LOCATIONS TO RECORD IN THE SOUTH. THAT IS WHY STREET IS ATL’S NUMBER ONE AND ONLY LIFESTYLE RECORDING STUDIO… WE LIVE THIS!

Basically they are a studio that offers studio time for a FEE along with Sound Engineers, etc available for recording by private parties that want to record.  ANYONE can go in there, rent the facilities and sing a song into a recorder. These LP are jerking us around acting like they are dealing with the next Quincy Jones or Phil Spector who take people under their wing and mentor and develop artists.  

All this BS about-----"we have a record", "music is our passion", but yet you are having a wedding, producing babies, etc at the same time.  I am just up to -here- with all this BS they want us to believe.

Thanks for listening

• Love 5
(edited)

WTH YOU GUYS!!! I cannot be the only one who watched this season. Seriously. Come out of your closets, people! Where you at? I see you! 

As per usual, this season was a complete bust. However...I was filled with less self loathing for watching this shit than I usually am, so either it was better or my bar is now on the floor. 

The whole “music is our lives” angle is such a huge joke. That being said, the twins should take whatever money they can manage to squeeze out of that catchy tune and run like hell. Abril is an unlikeable mess and her drunken performance for the pretend music execs(?) was cringe worthy. Not because of the music, but because they were laughing AT her. I understand the pretend “tour” but let’s get real...these aholes will be marketing to people who want to make fun of their physical features and that made me surprisingly uncomfortable. It goes against what I want to think the purpose of the franchise was...to build understanding and acceptance for the LPs within our communities

Yoinks. Welcome back to the stone ages where little people are viewed as gawk worthy entertainment. No bueno. LP Terra would not approve. 

Edited by HamSammich
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m watching. But slowly lol. This season is a dud. Only thing I liked was Amanda and Jordon’s wedding and getting introduced to Bumpman. 

I also respect Bri a lot, she always has her kids with her. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Minnie was killed in a car accident. 

https://people.com/tv/little-women-atlanta-ashley-minnie-ross-dead-hit-run-car-accident/

I haven't watched the show in several years and even when I did it wasn't close viewing, but it's such awful news. My condolences to her mother, who loved her so much, and to everyone in her life. 

I haven't watched either but this is sad.  I like "Miss Minnie" and my condolences to her family.  I remember when her mom was in the show a few times.  I hope they find the SOB that hit her and ran.  No excuse for that and I hope they spend a lot of time in jail.

Edit:  I was just reading that there is a dispute about it,  police are saying she lost control of her car and crossed over and struck a Ford Focus.  The driver of the Focus suffered minor injuries.  

Edited by iluvobx
addition info added
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

This is heartbreaking to hear, she was so young. I had a soft spot in my heart for Minnie, mostly because I could not stand Ms Juicy. I didn't watch the last season only because I needed subtitles most of the time with the twins it was giving me a headache. Didn't she have a heart condition ?

• Love 4

This is my first post to this website which I'm enjoying tremendously.  So glad I found it.  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper reported Minnie's Nissan hit a curb and was propelled across the center line hitting a Ford Focus head-on.  That driver was injured.  Most of the articles I've seen online mention a "hit and run" which is not the case since both vehicles would have sustained tremendous damage.  I always liked Minnie and feel so badly for her mother, family, friends and cast members.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/25/2018 at 8:20 AM, Boofish said:

I can't stand Nico and those Set It Off plaits in his ashy ass head HOWEVER he read Sam for filth when he said she was aimless and pointless. Truer words have never been spoken. Although just substitute Sam when anyone else in this cast and the insult will work.

First - what does ashy ass head mean? As for Sam, she appears to try and be nice to all, except Nico, but I don't blame her for hating him.