Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Bob & Carol & Nick & Schmidt

Schmidt's emotional appeal to Nick seemed a lot like Friends' Joey to Monica when she wanted a baby. 

Surprised the cousin didn't try to get Nick to pay for the procedure. 

I was hoping that Nick would change his mind when told the baby wouldn't have a Chicago Bears outfit. 

Had Nick help conceive their child, Nick would've been their first call any time they needed money "for the baby" for the next 26 years!

Winston and Cece should've pointed out to the store owner that the dress purchase was made while intoxicated by alcohol that was provided by the boutique.  But it looks like (the stand-in for) Jess is optimistic she can fix it.

• Love 1

It's funny with this show, usually the simplest, dumbest jokes make me laugh the most. In this episode it was Nick saying he lost a full glass of milk in his room. (And the follow up where Schmidt finds it.) It isn't that funny on paper but somehow these guys turn it into gold.

Edited by desertflower
  • Love 4

So how long is Zooey gone for? Not that these episodes haven't been good, because they really have. The cousins and Schmidt yelling at Nick to take his pants off and get it done was hysterical. So was the infinity pool glass of milk.

At first I didn't think CeCe's dress was all that bad - until it lit up! LOL. I can't believe an upscale bridal boutique that serves champagne would have a light-up wedding gown though. 

• Love 2

I laughed a lot during this episode. Keep up the good work, show! Bill Burr's continual bewilderment at what Schmidt was doing there, or just generally doing, was great, the glass of milk filled to the brim was great, anything out of Lennon Parnham's mouth was great.

The only down beat for me was the Jess Stand-in.

• Love 1

That was amazing. Nick and Schimdt's entire plot had me laughing from beginning to end. Nick's cousin and cousin in law were amazing. It ended pretty much exactly how I knew it would, but getting there was fab. The glass of milk, the yelling about the pants, Schimdt not having boundaries was all perfect. Also, I love that Nick seems ready to grow up. He's got his work life sorted out and now he wants to get serious about his personal life. I think the show has earned his growth and I'm really rooting for Nick now, after I grew pretty frustrated with him while he was dating Jess.

Winston is the MVP of this show and his classic mess around with Cece this week was wonderful. Cece is so beautiful that even the ugly dress looked pretty good on her. I'm still hoping she patches things up with Mama P and gets the dress of her dreams because I selfishly want to see Hannah Simone show off a beautiful wedding dress. Or Jess can work her magic or whatever. I just want to look at the pretty.

• Love 4

It's funny with this show, usually the simplest, dumbest jokes make me laugh the most. In this episode it was Nick saying he lost a full glass of milk in his room. (And the follow up where Schmidt finds it.)

I could not begin to explain why, but when he said "infinity pool" I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.
  • Love 4

The show did kind of illustrate why I'm not sold on the Schmidt-Cece wedding though—clearly he loves Nick more than he ever will her. I fell out laughing when the cousin's wife said “My dad and his friend Joe were close like that” after Schmidt followed Nick into the sperm bank's collection room.

Edited by Bruinsfan

One of the funniest episodes in a long time. Laughed out loud several times. I loved it when Schmidt went "Romance doesn't always have to be sexual, you IDIOT!" And the whole exchange about Winston being a 17 year old police officer prodigy.