Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Grand Gesture

yeswedo

The opening production number was hilarious, although Xavi's lipsynching was hilariously bad.

I'm glad they got rid of James. He just didn't fit with the rest of the cast, partly because he was management, not one of the actors.

• Love 1

That opening was ridiculously enjoyable.  

Awww, I'll miss James.  I like looking at Zach Levi in a suit.  Not crazy about how they made him kind of a crazy person...or that he apparently died.  It is a pretty fluffy show- that was a strange turn for it. 

Javi and the piano man thing was hysterical. I love that he scoring things on the fly. 

• Love 1

While I like the episode, James seemed like a different character.

I also like James so I refuse to believe he's dead, plus it's a telenovela. No one is ever really dead.

This isn't a favorite amongst the last few, but still got a few laughs.

• Love 4

Looks like the people on this show who can sing really got a chance to show off their pipes, and good on Eva Longoria for being a good sport about singing so badly. Her attempt at it was hilarious. 

• Love 3

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen Eva Longoria without her makeup on, either.

But even so, I think I love her.

She's got skills as a comic actress.  (Everybody on this show has those skills.)  And she's a good enough sport to show her inability to sing.

• Love 2

I liked James too.  In fact, this is the first thing I've liked with Zach Levi.  (I could never quite get into Chuck.) I don't mind that they took a breather but I do hope he's back, even though they had him acting a bit strange this ep.

I liked James in past episodes, but he seemed really bizarre in this one. Like a totally different character. Its too bad, I thought him being management added a different dynamic with the other characters. I do not really think he`s dead. Maybe he`ll pop up again in the last episode of the season, for a big reveal? 

Its impressive how well everyone on this show can sing! There should be a full on musical episode in the near future!

Was Isabella even in this episode? I missed her cause she has good one liners. But, it was good to get some development on Roxi. Javi's lip-syncing was awful but the scene was good. I'm sure James will pop up (schedule permitting) just when Ana gets into a new relationship (or rekindles things with Javi).

But, my favorite part of the show is the chemistry between the 3 friends (Ana, Mimi and Gael). I love their conversations.

This show is fun. It looks like everyone just enjoys being there and I hope it lasts.

• Love 1

But, my favorite part of the show is the chemistry between the 3 friends (Ana, Mimi and Gael). I love their conversations.

So much this.  They are the best part of every episode.

I'm a bit ambivalent about this episode.  The musical number was adorbs and I actually thought Xavi was the best integrated in this episode or at least best used as the piano man.  But the actual plot was sort of tedious. 

• Love 1

My DVR cut off but going by comments, I assume he fell off the mountain.

Yep.  But because this is a show based on, or at least borrowing from, Telenovela tropes, I assume there was a ledge 10 feet below and he merely hit his head and will be saved, but with amnesia only to remember who he is right after Ana has a new love interest.  Oh, and he'll only regain his memory up to the point wherein they were together, but not the breakup.... and then it will turn out he was faking the whole time, or regained his memory and pretended not to for a while....... 

.... Sorry about that. I'm a total soap/telenovela nerd.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4

Zachary Levi is in She Loves Me on Broadway (currently in rehearsals, I think; starting previews mid-February). It's a limited run until early June, so we may or may not see James again depending on whether or not Telenovela is renewed. I'm pretty indifferent to Zachary but won't miss the character.

I did miss Isabela this episode. She created a lot of goodwill for me when she did her solo dance at the end of episode 2? 3?. She and Eva Longoria are the only two reasons I'm still watching, and if the writing doesn't improve, they may not be enough. The Hurricane episode was downright awful.

• Love 1